PDA

View Full Version : WA Course suggestions

Rod Morri
11th February 2010, 08:27 AM
Hey guys, looking for a couple of suggestions for a mate who will be visiting Perth in the not too distant future and is looking for some decent tracks to play.
He already has Joondalup in mind and I've told him Kennedy Bay is a must but he has the option of at least one other round though it needs to be within an hour's drive of Perth.
I haven't played Wembley, The Cut or Secret Harbour but thought one of them may be a viable option.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

idgolfguy
11th February 2010, 08:51 AM
The Vines used to be a marque in Perth. It has 36 holes.

That's about 40 minutes in the Swan Valley if he wants to do some wine tasting too.

Yossarian
11th February 2010, 11:03 AM
Mandurah Country Club if he can get on.

simmsy
11th February 2010, 11:44 AM
Mandurah C.C for me also - best publicly accessible track within an hour from Perth for mine.
Definately KB as you have said also.

I am playing up at Araluen next week, if it is in good nick i will let you know, that is well worth playing when it is in good order,though they have struggled with water issues over the years.

Rod Morri
11th February 2010, 12:21 PM
Thanks guys, appreciate the feedback. I will pass the Mandurah tip along and he can work things out from there.

adlo
11th February 2010, 12:23 PM
The Cut, even though I don't like it, is a good course for a visitor to play. The ocean side holes are pretty special. Just tell him to close his eyes on the bad holes.

Secret Harbour is a poor mans Kennedy Bay. I'd give it a miss in preference to Kennedy.

If Araluen is in good nick, I'd play in preference to the Vines (sorry Vic).

My list, in order, would be:

Kennedy Bay
Joondalup
The Cut
Araluen
Mandurah CC
The Vines
Secret Harbour
Sun City

If he needs a round close to the city, Wembley is good for a cheap and enjoyable round, but it is not a memorable course.

simmsy
11th February 2010, 01:15 PM
Or Hartfield is open to Public on most Mondays all day, and also Tuesday arvo's

idgolfguy
16th February 2010, 02:07 PM
My list, in order, would be:

Kennedy Bay
Joondalup
The Cut
Araluen
Mandurah CC
The Vines
Secret Harbour
Sun City

This list is quite representative of course that are good in terms of playability and and have the 'Wow' factor for non-locals and first time visit to the state.

If 'wow' is what you are looking for then the order could be:
The Cut
Joondalup
Araluen
Kennedy Bay
Sun City
The Vines
Secret Harbour
Mandurah CC