PDA

View Full Version : MacLeod Gear clearance

macleod
13th March 2005, 11:51 AM
SMT DB455 10* shafted with a Phoenixx LT30, Gripmaster shock leather (oh how i love this grip), spined by Chris McCourt and for a special touch, backweighted with 15 grams in the butt for balance and feel.

Sitting at 46" currently, easily trimmed to fit for someone, weighting is easy remove and refit.

phoenixx is the thermoplastic reactive stuff, adapts to any swing speed but the lt30 is in the firm/stiff range, torque is 3.3.

$170

===========

SMT Spectrum 11* with Accuflex VS339 in R flex, 44.5", tip trimmed slightly to stiffen to firm and spined again by Chris, Lamkin Full cord grip.

includes the easy to use magnetic SMT headcover

$180

===========

Golfsmith HiCor Plus 9.5* with SK Fiber Lite Revolution I shaft in stiff, Winn V17 arrow grip in XF. 45" excellent feeling driver but you may just want for this pricey shaft.

$60

===========

Raven CB forged irons, Rifle Tour Flighted 5.0, 1" over, 1* upright with no bending. 5-PW shafted with Lakmin DMC grips, spare 3/4/PW shafts for softstepping or shafting 3/4 irons heads also included.

$200

===========

Ashton X1 15* mint, Accuflex vs02 shaft in S flex, spined by Chris, winn v17 arrow grip, headcover. cs02 was a softer feeling, higher torque matching shaft to the vs339.

$130

===========

Teardrop td31 putter plumbers neck offset, black soft stainless, 35", new lamkin paddle grip. still a great anser style putter with a smooth feel and responsive roll.

$30

===========

Wison 321Li 4 - 24* hybrid with Wishon gi335 matched shaft in S flex, Winn v17 grip, assembled by Chris, no evident spine to shaft. shaft was designed for the specific head. light use, excellent condition

comes with Wishon Neo headcover

$100

===========

Aldila NV S shaft, includes Wishon softcord grip, excellent grip. 3 wood length $65

===========

longer clubs will be $14 postage or more depending on insurance posted in Oz and the new restrictions, but if it costs me less to send difference will be adjusted right back to you.

Local pickup in Brissie.

gazgolf1
13th March 2005, 12:13 PM
woah Chris McCourt appears to be your bitch. :wink:

Nuthin but the best for macca.

Pinglauncher
13th March 2005, 06:28 PM
Macleod

A couple of questions on the Spectrum.

* At set up does it appear shut like the 455.
* You mention the shaft has been tipped to play as firm. I unfamiliar with this shaft. I have a reg Assassin in a 12* 455 which is perfect so would you say the vs339 is firm to stiff or reg to firm.
* How does the ball flight compare to your 10* 455 higher / lower ?

Any pics of the club ?

Thanks

markTHEblake
13th March 2005, 10:14 PM
I have seen most of the above gear in use, and they dont work.

I might be interested in this one however

Aldila NV S shaft, includes Wishon softcord grip, excellent grip. 3 wood length $65

consider trading something?

gazgolf1
14th March 2005, 06:16 AM
consider trading something?

I would'nt think Scott would be interested in a 1965 Bullseye with electrical tape for a grip and a couple of Hotdots that you found in a Emmy water hazard. :lol:

macleod
14th March 2005, 12:01 PM
Macleod

A couple of questions on the Spectrum.

* At set up does it appear shut like the 455.
* You mention the shaft has been tipped to play as firm. I unfamiliar with this shaft. I have a reg Assassin in a 12* 455 which is perfect so would you say the vs339 is firm to stiff or reg to firm.
* How does the ball flight compare to your 10* 455 higher / lower ?

Any pics of the club ?

Thanks
hiya ping,

- not as much as the 455, darker head helps
- reg/firm
- higher flight, better launch but remember my swing is dissimalr to yours :), they are both listed by smt to play 1/2* higher than listed degree

pics i haven't done yet, bottom and topline were both kept taped up so i need to remove to take them for you.

macleod
14th March 2005, 12:06 PM
I have seen most of the above gear in use, and they dont work.
yeah thanks for this, i don't recall wandering around your old house during the selling process and remarking "why however did you get that smell out of here Mark?" :)

I might be interested in this one however

Aldila NV S shaft, includes Wishon softcord grip, excellent grip. 3 wood length $65 consider trading something?

i am not looking for more gear, thanks though.

davidp
14th March 2005, 12:51 PM
Macca,

Is that an NV shaft (the green one) or an NVS shaft (the orange one)

Is it a 65 or a 75 gram shaft? One time pull?

Cheers,

David

markTHEblake
14th March 2005, 12:51 PM
Ouch :oops: i'll pay that one.....

markTHEblake
14th March 2005, 01:21 PM
I'm bruised but not beaten 69. I'll pick meself up again.

Macca knows that i have said a couple of times that his golf clubs are working much better the last couple of times we played.

Jarro
14th March 2005, 01:46 PM

Macca knows that i have said a couple of times that his golf clubs are working much better the last couple of times we played.

is that a reverse beep i hear :roll:

Blakey, just a tip on the NV shafts .... don't get an NV if you want to raise your ballflight ... get an NVS

markTHEblake
14th March 2005, 01:51 PM
didnt i mention somewhere that i need to keep my balls down.

I have the NV 65S in my driver and i swear it wont be long before i start hitting the ball backwards

macleod
14th March 2005, 02:44 PM
Macca,

Is that an NV shaft (the green one) or an NVS shaft (the orange one)

Is it a 65 or a 75 gram shaft? One time pull?

Cheers,

David
yon greenish-hued one!

got to be careful when it's a nv S to separate of write 'stiff' out (or get thought it's a senior flex :D )

second pull but will be getting done by chris or GCI, it was a perfect tip first time, i got chris to test it and trim a bit more just to be safe.

actually knowing your powerpacked swing it would be an ecellent match.

i can get it pulled by chris if that would make you feel safer :D money back if stuffed in pull process....

macleod
14th March 2005, 02:52 PM

bruised? albatross flavour?

i was being gentle, i could have really gone for the goolies but i know you don't use emoticons :P \:D/ if anyone ever saw any of my posts to henry on isg.......

actually, you only have the hybrid now in that degree range? is that a .335 tip on that Snakeeyes? might be a .350, no real worry, a simple shim would work.

markTHEblake
14th March 2005, 07:42 PM
the snake eyes is whichever hosel witdth is standard for a wood.

i was thinking about the NV S for one of my other 3 woods, or perhaps a 16 degree job. and am goingto add something to my bag since i have busted my 4 iron. I think i am going to reloft my 2 3 and 5 iron to make up for the missing 4.

Fishman Dan
14th March 2005, 08:45 PM
I've got a now defunct ProLite 35s shaft from my driver. Can that be cut down to 3w shaft length? If so your welcome to it Blakey. Quite a stiff shaft (apparently?).

But you have to lose the avatar first ;)

macleod
15th March 2005, 11:23 AM
the snake eyes is whichever hosel witdth is standard for a wood.

i was thinking about the NV S for one of my other 3 woods, or perhaps a 16 degree job. and am goingto add something to my bag since i have busted my 4 iron. I think i am going to reloft my 2 3 and 5 iron to make up for the missing 4.
cool, so yay or nay? i need to set aside time to go get it pulled etc.

busybusybusy :)

markTHEblake
15th March 2005, 11:47 AM
for the time being think of me as being an annoying tyre kicker.

was just thinkin out loud. gotta wait a few weeks

Jarro
15th March 2005, 12:14 PM
for the time being think of me as being annoying

well .... D'UH :roll: