PDA

View Full Version : NSW: Penrith GC, 16/2/10, 4:15pm

KristianJ
10th February 2010, 12:38 PM
Dave of the puppies and I are meeting up for a twilight round at Penrith next Tuesday and aiming for a 4:15pm tee off. Usually a few groups going around at that time of day, but not too busy.

Post if you'd like to join us - they only charge $10 for weekday rounds after 3pm, which is pretty good value.

3oneday
10th February 2010, 12:47 PM
Pity, I like puppies 8)

ParMaster
10th February 2010, 01:28 PM
I'd love to make it for our match Kristian, but I can't get there that early..

Scottt
10th February 2010, 02:30 PM
That is f**king sensational value.

KristianJ
10th February 2010, 05:59 PM
I'd love to make it for our match Kristian, but I can't get there that early..

I was holding onto some hope you might somehow be able to get yourself out here, Pup...not to worry though - as I said in the PMs, 2 or 3 weeks and all should be fine to get it done :)

shory
10th February 2010, 06:31 PM
I might be able to make it, Ill let you know over the weekend Kristian

KristianJ
12th February 2010, 03:59 PM
Peoples, tee time has changed to 4:15pm. 4 confirmed starters (a couple of ISG guys are joining in), plus shory as a maybe.

Still happy to add to the numbers. :)

davepuppies
12th February 2010, 08:02 PM
Looking forward to meeting some of you guys......

I havent played Penrith in 14-15 years!

KristianJ
12th February 2010, 08:08 PM
I drove past it today and it's certainly looking great! The rain's greened up the fairways nicely. I'm giving some thought to joining there, so will definitely be asking a few questions of the pro shop staff once I get there.

ParMaster
12th February 2010, 08:22 PM
Penrith is a very nice course Kristian. I am sure you will enjoy it.

KristianJ
12th February 2010, 08:31 PM
I did when I played there a few weeks back, Pup. Plenty of good, testing holes that I look forward to reacquianting myself with.

davepuppies
12th February 2010, 09:54 PM
Where do you live Kristian?

I have always liked richmond, especially the back nine...... probably a little cheaper than penrith?

KristianJ
12th February 2010, 10:39 PM
I'm in Cranebrook, mate...didn't mind Richmond, and really liked the 14th and 15th, or whichever pair of holes it is where the second is a par 3 over the water. Probably prefer Penrith though, and out of Richmond and Windsor I prefer Windsor (but their membership fees are as much as Penrith's). $785 pa + $200 bar account for Penrith seems like a pretty good deal IMO.

3oneday
13th February 2010, 03:50 AM
It was under water after last weeks rain, not sure what the 2 inches we got last night will do to it !

Scottt
13th February 2010, 05:44 AM
Kristian,

That is a great price at Penrith. I paid $900 or $950 with no bar account for 15 months' membership in 2007/08.

davepuppies
16th February 2010, 09:30 AM
The course should be looking good this afternoon....
Weather looks good, and hopefully the sun will dry it out a little...
I will be the large guy in orange polo shirt, titleist bag.....
I dont know any of you, so come say hello if i look lost!

3oneday
16th February 2010, 09:54 AM
It was unplayable Sunday, they had to shift their pennants to the club they were playing. 2 inches of rain Satdy night. My mate reckons it wouldn't be worth playing at all this week.

KristianJ
16th February 2010, 10:10 AM
I'm still going. :) I'll have a white polo with horizontal black stripes and a Bridgestone staff bag.

3oneday
16th February 2010, 10:12 AM
What colour undies ?

KristianJ
16th February 2010, 12:33 PM
I'm going to have problems getting to the course. My car's stuck at my mechanic's because they messed up a parts order, and there's every chance I won't get it back today.

I could see if someone could pick me up from here at work, but if I get a call mid way through the round saying that the car's ready, I think it's just going to annoy me too much. :lol:

So if you guys want to press on, feel free to do so. At this stage, it sadly looks like I won't be able to get there.

3oneday
16th February 2010, 12:56 PM
Isn't it only Puppyboy and you ?

KristianJ
16th February 2010, 12:59 PM
Shory and a couple of Eye Ess Gee'ers as well...I posted it over there too. Pupp is a member there as well so either way, he'll hopefully see it.

shory
16th February 2010, 02:15 PM
What colour undies ?

White with brown stripes ........:shock:

shory
16th February 2010, 02:17 PM
Ill be there with a mate and my son , hope this rain holds off :smt087

KristianJ
16th February 2010, 02:34 PM
I'm trying to sort things out so I can get down there at 4ish...so more or less expect me to be there :)

KristianJ
16th February 2010, 08:04 PM
Just got back from a pretty fun afternoon of golf. Ended up with 7 of us turning up (Puppies, shory, his son and one of his mates, 2 ISGers and myself). I started off well with 3 pars, but lost consistency from there as usual. The others can tell you how they went if they so desire.

We got to the 15th before sunset stopped play. Course had held up reasonably well after the rain...a couple of bunkers with standing water and some slushiness in the grassy wasteland to the right of the 11th green were the main signs of some sort of opening of the heavens.

Great to meet a couple of new people and enjoy a relaxing afternoon. :)

ParMaster
16th February 2010, 08:34 PM
Shame you didn't get to 16, because that's one of my favorites on the course!

18 is a great finisher as well so unfortunately you couldn't play that one either.

KristianJ
16th February 2010, 08:38 PM
The opportunity was there, Pup...but because the 15th green's right next to the car park, and the sun had pretty much set, it seemed logical to just call it there and then. Eventually I'll get to the Bermuda Triangle. :)

davepuppies
16th February 2010, 08:38 PM
It was a very enjoyable afternoon...... pity i couldnt nail my driver all day......

Think i might just stick to the 3 wood on Sunday when i play with Pup.....

ParMaster
16th February 2010, 08:39 PM
Depends how far you hit the 3wd dave. :) Some holes at NSW you gotta be able to hit it long or your fooked.

davepuppies
16th February 2010, 08:50 PM
I was hitting it 10-20 metres past the other guys drivers...... it should be long enough!

Hopefully i can sort out my driver before sunday!

PerryGroves
16th February 2010, 08:51 PM
Depends how far you hit the 3wd dave. :) Some holes at NSW you gotta be able to hit it long or your fooked.

PM, was out there today in a corporate shambrose. Wind was belting us from the south. 13 and 16 played tough (hit 5 iron from 120m on 14). Course is immaculate, lucky I didn't have to come out of the rough to often, she's pretty deep in places.

davepuppies
16th February 2010, 08:56 PM
I can see i am going to have a cricket score on Sunday!

ParMaster
16th February 2010, 09:15 PM
PM, was out there today in a corporate shambrose. Wind was belting us from the south. 13 and 16 played tough (hit 5 iron from 120m on 14). Course is immaculate, lucky I didn't have to come out of the rough to often, she's pretty deep in places.

I said it before I'll say it again. :mrgreen: Played there 3 weeks ago and I couldn't reach the 13th with 3 SMASHED drivers.. And it's only 370m.

I hope the wind picks up dave. Whenever I've brought someone out it's always been benign. :razz:

Perry, 5 must have played quite long then. Although it would have made 15 easy.

PerryGroves
16th February 2010, 09:26 PM
I said it before I'll say it again. :mrgreen: Played there 3 weeks ago and I couldn't reach the 13th with 3 SMASHED drivers.. And it's only 370m.

I hope the wind picks up dave. Whenever I've brought someone out it's always been benign. :razz:

Perry, 5 must have played quite long then. Although it would have made 15 easy.

We hit off the 4th (shotgun) so I got through 5 by 8.30, wind was just starting to really pick up, got driver (frontish tee), 3 wood to the front edge.

15, mate its too easy, driver, flop wedge. :lol:

Could hardly putt on the 2nd and 3rd (midday), balls were rolling off the green.

ParMaster
16th February 2010, 09:45 PM
That's when it starts to get windy. :razz: It's really windy when you have to lean into it so as to not fall over..

:lol:

shory
16th February 2010, 11:01 PM

I seen Dave give his 3wood a ride a couple of times today, pup it will be long enough mate :shock:

KristianJ
16th February 2010, 11:11 PM
The big dog will probably want to come out on the 5th though...

ParMaster
16th February 2010, 11:46 PM
Does Dave really play like a C-Grader Kristian? That's what he alledgedly plays off..

;)

davepuppies
17th February 2010, 05:50 AM
LOL close - B grader at my club - 16.....

The others can comment, but i have moments where i show some of my old ability, then moments where i put 3 tee shots in a row in the lake in front of the tee!

I hate wind, so i expect to be blown all over NSW on sunday....... i dont expect to play to my handicap!

Does it pick up in the afternoon like most of the northern beaches courses?

KristianJ
17th February 2010, 09:23 AM
The others can comment, but i have moments where i show some of my old ability, then moments where i put 3 tee shots in a row in the lake in front of the tee!

It wasn't directly in front either :lol: But everyone had their great moments, that's for sure...a couple of great wedge shots from a few of the guys, one of my more splendid bunker shots on the 3rd (which was followed on the 10th by one of my worst - a fully topped bullet that was saved by the lip of the bunker).

shory
17th February 2010, 03:35 PM
Gotta love the lake in front of the tee on the 2nd , a little chip shot would put you over and i go and whack my drive staight in :oops:

Choppa
14th May 2010, 12:52 PM
Not included in POTY - no scores