PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: Driver & FW shafts

dhills2
9th February 2010, 08:52 PM
Time to reshaft my driver & 3 wood - Nickent 4DX T-Spec & V-Steel - both .350 para as far as I'm aware but feel free to correct me :)

The Graf Epic (stiff) in my driver was definitely too much shaft for me... should have known when I got it from FNQ! This time I might go for something mid-high launch, lowish torque & reg/firm so I can trim it down an inch or so as well.

The stiff MAS2 stock shaft in the V-Steel seemed to launch OK for me but just feels absolute shite. Perhaps something mid-high launch again but with less torque. Also looking to trim this an inch so a reg/firm might work.

Anything sitting in cupboards?

Will consider anything reg or stiff (just not stiff as something like an Epic or Blue I guess!)

TheNuclearOne
9th February 2010, 11:30 PM
Didn't you get the Epic from CQ? :mrgreen:

DracZ
9th February 2010, 11:46 PM
Got a Fujikura Speeder 869 Tour-Spec currently at driver length, untipped. Be perfect for the V-Steel 3 wood. PM me if interested

adlo
10th February 2010, 03:37 AM
I could offload an Epic in reg for the driver, plays like Firm.

Also might have an UST Axiv Blue 69S already trimmed to length or can be trimmed further for a 3 wood. An indecisive Canadian might have changed his mind about this one......

Johnny Canuck
10th February 2010, 03:49 AM
Stupid Tourfit!

adlo
10th February 2010, 03:51 AM
I disagree with him, but either way, I want to move the Axiv on.

Johnny Canuck
10th February 2010, 03:53 AM
I'll do some reading up on it tomorrow.

I was answering your first question in the other thread, I haven't seen it.

dhills2
10th February 2010, 09:04 AM
TheNuclearOne... my apologies! :) Anyone above Brisbane is FNQ to us Welshmen!

DracZ - I'll do some reading. At what flex would it play if trimmed to play at 42" in V-Steel?

Adlo - is that Yoss' Epic? Also, not sure about the Axiv Blue but I reckon JC might give it a run anyway so I shall wait. Also, is this the one Morgy was interested in before?

Thanks for all replies thus far.

DracZ
10th February 2010, 09:32 AM
DracZ - I'll do some reading. At what flex would it play if trimmed to play at 42" in V-Steel?

Ah, seems I've forgotten to include the flex - its a Stiff. You can tip / butt trim to desired length / flex. Enough length for a driver, so go nuts :)

adlo
10th February 2010, 12:50 PM
Well, yeah, Yoss has one. I have an Epic in a driver that is no longer in use, so I can sell one too. The one I have plays 45" in a TMTB.

TourFit
10th February 2010, 02:02 PM
Stupid Tourfit!

OK then...don't ask the question next time !!!

I disagree with him, but either way, I want to move the Axiv on.

The Axiv Blue 'almost' doesn't belong in the same family as the rest of the series Adlo...it is significantly cheaper than the other models and is designed with a softer tip, higher launch etc FOR AVERAGE PLAYERS...it suits Yoss, and he is VERY average :)

IMHO (and yours too I would guess), JC does NOT fall into that category and even the tipped S you have would be nowhere near stiff enough for him. If you tip it further to get the flex 'better' for him then a) it will play too short and need an extension (not good with his load, lag & hand speed) and b) then you start getting into a VERY grey area in relation to how it will actually play (by reducing the parallel tip section).

He would need to get an new X flex uncut, tip it less (than if using an S) and then cut it to the desired length (no extenders that could become weak points!)...

I'll do some reading up on it tomorrow.

I would suggest Black (Mid Launch) would be the one to go for if you ever do...red might be too stiff in the tip for the launch you are after (unless you continue with the 'new' impact position and are getting it higher).

adlo
10th February 2010, 02:05 PM
How about sending that in a PM not post it as a threadjack?

TourFit
10th February 2010, 02:13 PM
Touchy today??? Are you wearing the cranky pants...?

Or are you jealous that I can threadjack now, too? :mrgreen:

But let me clarify a point...

The Axiv Blue, while cheaper than the other Axiv models is still a relatively pricey shaft AND IS QUALITY!!!

IMO, it may well fit dhills2 very nicely indeed...as might the R flex Epic (considering he used the S previously).

adlo
10th February 2010, 02:15 PM
My threadjack days are over. I have made a simple suggestion to help dhills thread stay on track. That is all.

TourFit
10th February 2010, 02:20 PM
Si, Si, Don Joaquin. Lo siento jefe...

(yes, yes...I am sorry boss)

dhills2
10th February 2010, 02:31 PM
IMO, it may well fit dhills2 very nicely indeed...as might the R flex Epic (considering he used the S previously).

Hmm... how short could I play the Axiv Blue in a 4DX T-Spec driver head without turning it into something as stout as what I had before? I'd like my driver to play at 44-44.5". Swingweight may be another issue since the 4DX head is pretty damn light... nothing some lead tape can't sort out.

Adlo - don't suppose you can get your hands on something to put in the V-steel as well? If I get something from one of you WA boys I'd like to grab more than one shaft to make shipping worthwhile.

Everyone else... threadjack away :D

TourFit
10th February 2010, 02:41 PM
An Axis Blue S won't play as stiff as an Epic S...even at 44"-44.5".

For what he's asking, it may well be worth buying both. If you didn't mind the Epic's feel and tightness (ignoring the fact that the FLEX was too much for you) then the R would be the way to go.

The Axiv has been tipped a little but should still be OK for a driver (especially if the hosel is a standard bore!!) or alternatively it will be spot on for a FW, with a small additional tip trim !!!

Johnny Canuck
10th February 2010, 03:02 PM
Thanks Fit.

adlo
10th February 2010, 03:06 PM
Hmm... how short could I play the Axiv Blue in a 4DX T-Spec driver head without turning it into something as stout as what I had before? I'd like my driver to play at 44-44.5". Swingweight may be another issue since the 4DX head is pretty damn light... nothing some lead tape can't sort out.

Adlo - don't suppose you can get your hands on something to put in the V-steel as well? If I get something from one of you WA boys I'd like to grab more than one shaft to make shipping worthwhile.

Everyone else... threadjack away :D
PM sent.