PDA

View Full Version : NRL 2005

Pages : [1] 2

Jarro
12th March 2005, 08:37 AM
great game to start off the new season (if you're a Doggies fan)

Watching snippets of last nights game while hard at work at the airport :roll: i found it hard to believe that the off season was already over ..... :o

Fishman Dan
12th March 2005, 09:12 AM
I found it a pretty dull game actually. St George had nothing in the first half. I can't see them doing much this year. And the Channel 9 pre-game hype was terrible.

Call of the year - prior to kick off. "This is likely to be the closest competition all year" - P. Sterling.

On a good note, O'Meley and S.B. Williams look sidelined for a few week.

Jarro
12th March 2005, 09:16 AM
On a good note, O'Meley and S.B. Williams look sidelined for a few week.

funny you mention that .... just before he was injured, my mate at work was saying he thought SB wouldn't play the whole season because he'd probably get injured.

You just can't throw yourself around like that and not get smashed :shock:

I think Sterlo was aluding to the the fact that it will be close BETWEEN THE TOP SIDES ... something i doubt St.George will be :P

CobraSS
12th March 2005, 09:28 AM

:smt031 :smt023 :smt026 :smt098 :smt098

Deano
12th March 2005, 10:43 AM
Is it just me......... :roll:

Why does that CH9 team refer to all players only by their
surname during the call(which is fine).......all except SONNY BOY :?:

Maybe it's just catchier to say?

Last night wasn't as bad as a lot of Dogs games last year though.

Deano

Jarro
19th March 2005, 01:32 PM

. .so how are we feeling after the thumping from the Cowboys last night :P :wink:

Cowboys are looking a little more polished this year 8)

Eag's
19th March 2005, 04:10 PM

. .so how are we feeling after the thumping from the Cowboys last night :P :wink:

Loved every minute of it Jarro :wink:
Go the Cowboys :D

CobraSS
19th March 2005, 09:53 PM

Three cheers for the Warriors Loved Every minute of it, in fact I'll watch the replay on Channel Nine just to see it again. :lol::smt098

CobraSS
19th March 2005, 10:00 PM
I didn't think the Warriors ever won away from home :?: :?: :?: Only when they play the Rocking Horses I guess :smt116 :smt098

Anyway music :smt020 to my ears :smt064

Fishman Dan
20th March 2005, 09:07 AM
Warriors beating the Bronc's huh? These are the kinds of games where you are more than happy to miss out a point in any footy tipping comps.

I rate the Warriors possibly 2nd worst team in the comp.... :-k

Jarro
20th March 2005, 08:50 PM

stick with the GAYFL mate, you might hurt yourself in here :twisted:

Fishman Dan
20th March 2005, 09:02 PM

stick with the GAYFL mate, you might hurt yourself in here :twisted:

No thanks, i'm quite comfy in here... I can understand you're a little emotional right now mate, hasn't been a good weekend to be a QLD'er. :lol: Unless of course you are into Super 12's - which of course we know you're not.

AndyP
20th March 2005, 09:06 PM
No thanks, i'm quite comfy in here... I can understand you're a little emotional right now mate, hasn't been a good weekend to be a QLD'er. :lol: Unless of course you are into Super 12's - which of course we know you're not.
Broncos lost. Bulls lost. Reds suck.
Doesn't look good for the Lions against the Saints this Thursday.

Jarro
20th March 2005, 09:08 PM
Unless of course you are into Super 12's - which of course we know you're not.

HEY ... they had red jerseys with QLD written on 'em ...... i'll take that :wink:

Jarro
20th March 2005, 09:10 PM
Doesn't look good for the Lions against the Saints this Thursday.

.. i think i just found my new signature :P

Fishman Dan
20th March 2005, 09:14 PM
This game will continually fail - i know you blokes think it's a 'tough' game - but here are 2 things that sh!t me with this code;

The ref's are crap. One bloke's interpretations are different from the next, week in, week out.

The NRL sacked the country ref's (Mark Oaten particularly), because "They cost too much to move around the country. Didn't they just employ some dipstick from the UK SuperLeague?

The referee interchange rule. That's gay. Soooooooo gay. How come these blokes can't run 100 metres (in 4 metre bursts) and effectively officiate.

John Hopoate. This bloke needs de-registering from the game. The world took pity on him after the Ringdate affair because "how is he going to support his family?". Here's a tip - he's just had his 8th sprog - this guy needs neutering. The creator of the seed is a genetic throwback, and he's littering our world with other meataxe's using up our precious oxygen.

terryand
20th March 2005, 09:43 PM
The ref's are crap. One bloke's interpretations are different from the next, week in, week out.

Bit rich when there is 3 different interpretations running around in the same game at the one time :smt017

Come on Fishy how can you serve it up to the NRL Refs,when the blokes running around in the AFL are all but missing the big floppy shoes and the red noses.

Some of the descions they make leave me and I'm sure 1000's of other mistilfied on some of there rulings.

Why don't you try and fix your own backyard before you jump the fence to fix the NRL's :smt102

Terry.

Courty
20th March 2005, 09:47 PM
John Hopoate. This bloke needs de-registering from the game. The world took pity on him after the Ringdate affair because "how is he going to support his family?". Here's a tip - he's just had his 8th sprog - this guy needs neutering. The creator of the seed is a genetic throwback, and he's littering our world with other meataxe's using up our precious oxygen.

Following on... Sonny-Bill Williams. Oh my god. I know the kid is mature beyond his years and is a real talent, but for Pete's sake! Give it a rest. The commentary team can't shutup about how good they think he is, how he runs good lines, how he has a real nose for where the action is on the field, how he pulverises in tackles, how he does those 'little extras' off the ball, how he dominates the game in general. If I have to put up with another 24+ weeks of it, I'm gonna seek out Gus Gould and strangle him.

On another note, it was interesting how none of the commentators rated the Cowboys a chance to win even when they were up by 12 (?) with 10 minutes to go. It should not come as a real surprise that they won after the form they showed at the end of last season. That said, I could still not bring myself the pick the bloody Cowboys... Carl Webb must play State of Origin this year if he plays half as good as he did on Friday night!

Speaking of which, I'm coming down for the first SOO this year. Got a seat on Jetstar for $29 each way. Might be able to catch up with some of you Bris-Vegans at the game (I'm sure Jarro will be there)...

One more thing before I run out of breath: Eags, you have got to be kidding me! How the hell did you pick 5 this weekend?! :shock: :shock: :shock:

Eag's
20th March 2005, 09:54 PM
Courty Said One more thing before I run out of breath: Eags, you have got to be kidding me! How the hell did you pick 5 this weekend?!

Jarro
20th March 2005, 09:54 PM
!

Speaking of which, I'm coming down for the first SOO this year. Got a seat on Jetstar for $29 each way. Might be able to catch up with some of you Bris-Vegans at the game (I'm sure Jarro will be there)...

Have you got a ticket to the game already mate :?: :shock:

I didn't even know they were on sale yet :oops:

I agree with you about Carl Webb deserving a call-up to SOO this year :smt045 .. the guys form in the opening rounds has been awesome :shock:

Courty
20th March 2005, 09:56 PM
Have you got a ticket to the game already mate :?: :shock:

I didn't even know they were on sale yet :oops:

Had a call earlier tonight from a mate down there saying they are on sale as of tomorrow... I just hope he gets us decent seats :roll:

Fishman Dan
20th March 2005, 09:58 PM
On another note, it was interesting how none of the commentators rated the Cowboys a chance to win even when they were up by 12 (?) with 10 minutes to go...

Don't know, but perhaps related to the fact that 2 weeks in a row now The Footy Show team has tried to release unconfirmed, unsourced rumours trying to derail the Cowboy's.

2 things the NRL (and Channel 9?) don't want - the Rabbitoh's and the Cowboy's register digits in the "W" column. :roll:

Courty
20th March 2005, 10:00 PM
2 things the NRL (and Channel 9?) don't want - the Rabbitoh's and the Cowboy's register digits in the "W" column. :roll:

They'll be spewing this week then. Both teams registered good wins!

Jarro
25th March 2005, 08:21 PM
GO YOU MIGHTY BRONCOS :smt023 :smt026 :smt038 :smt116

terryand
26th March 2005, 09:19 AM
GO YOU MIGHTY BRONCOS :smt023 :smt026 :smt038 :smt116

Amen

At least the Broncos could beat the Cowboys :wink: HaHaHaHa Pete :?

How quick is "Lighting Bott" awesome to watch as they showed him the sideline and he took the invite and made them look down right silly 8)

Great stuff 8)

Terry.

Golfgirl
26th March 2005, 04:22 PM
Fishman Dan wrote:

Following on... Sonny-Bill Williams. Oh my god. I know the kid is mature beyond his years and is a real talent, but for Pete's sake! Give it a rest. The commentary team can't shutup about how good they think he is, how he runs good lines, how he has a real nose for where the action is on the field, how he pulverises in tackles, how he does those 'little extras' off the ball, how he dominates the game in general. If I have to put up with another 24+ weeks of it, I'm gonna seek out Gus Gould and strangle him.

Ditto Spray...... :roll:

This could be a long, long season if that's all they're gonna talk about....

And I personally am bloody glad to see the Cowboys off to a great start this season - I hope they take it all the way and stuff The Footy Show and Channel 9!!! :D

Jarro
26th March 2005, 08:23 PM
Dragons lose again :roll: that's 3 in a row :o

not looking good Eag's ... might be a long year ahead mate :(

3oneday
26th March 2005, 08:44 PM
At least the Broncos could beat the Cowboys :wink: HaHaHaHa Pete :?yeah yeah, bit early to be spouting boys

How quick is "Lightning Bott" awesome to watch as they showed him the sideline and he took the invite and made them look down right silly 8)agreed, great to see pace, but please, the nickname :?: .... only in Queensland :P :P
Lightning Bott :?: :?: what about "Hit the Bott", "Baby Bott" or "big fat hairy bott", very average.

:twisted:

Onewood
26th March 2005, 09:19 PM
The Mighty Sharks home again =D> \:D/

3oneday
26th March 2005, 09:26 PM
The Mighty Sharks home again =D> \:D/How about, the mighty eels, got nuthin :shock: , let alone any ability 8)

:lol: :lol:

Deano
26th March 2005, 09:48 PM

Oh yeah,Oh yeah :!: 8)

Kev

I reckon Brian Smiths in for a fun week at the office :wink: :lol:

Deano

Onewood
26th March 2005, 10:45 PM

Oh yeah,Oh yeah :!: 8)

Kev

I reckon Brian Smiths in for a fun week at the office :wink: :lol:

Deano

And the week after it will be "Brian WHO" :D second sacking for 2005 :wink:

Jarro
27th March 2005, 03:30 AM
How quick is "Lightning Bott" awesome to watch as they showed him the sideline and he took the invite and made them look down right silly 8)agreed, great to see pace, but please, the nickname :?: .... only in Queensland :P :P
Lightning Bott :?: :?: what about "Hit the Bott", "Baby Bott" or "big fat hairy bott", very average.

:twisted:

Pete, what about "Sonny-Dill can kiss my hairy Bott" :wink:

I like that one the best :P :lol:

Jarro
27th March 2005, 04:58 PM
\:D/ \:D/ WOOHOO \:D/ \:D/

first, the MIGHTY BRONCOS smash the Sydney City Chardonnay Sippers :P

..then the Dragons get their arses kicked (again) ...

.. then the Bulldogs get rolled by the Tigers :smt023

talk about a tipsters nightmare :smt100

Onewood
27th March 2005, 05:29 PM
talk about a tipsters nightmare :smt100

How can you tip a winner in this game :roll: I've tipped 2 so far :cry:
4 from 4 in the S12 :D
7 from 7 in the AFL :D

cazandpaul
27th March 2005, 06:06 PM
Don't know how to do it in colour BUT GO THE MIGHTY EAGLES - it's been a while and I know there's a long way to go but we deserve a moment of glory :D :D .

DOIN' THE EAGLE ROCK (in my best but very unmusical voice :oops: )

Onewood
27th March 2005, 06:10 PM
Don't know how to do it in colour BUT GO THE MIGHTY EAGLES - it's been a while and I know there's a long way to go but we deserve a moment of glory :D :D .

Is that the West coast Eagles :wink: :D

Jarro
27th March 2005, 06:47 PM
we'll let you have your time in the sun Paul .... god knows it's been a looooooong time coming :P :wink:

Golfgirl
28th March 2005, 03:36 PM

Oh dear... there's more than one of you.... :roll: Matt has been running around the house spruiking since hearing the news about his beloved Eagles yesterday.... :shock: :roll: It's gonna be a looooonnng week. :cry:

cazandpaul
29th March 2005, 05:44 AM
Golfgirl - make that two weeks :D as the MIGHTY EAGLES have the bye this weekend :D 8)

Jarro
30th March 2005, 06:17 PM
looks like Manly bought well in the off-season.

Ben Kennedy and Brent Kite are playing well .... and Watmough is killing them in the second row :shock:

sitting pretty on top of the ladder with a bye this weekend .... then next weekend you get to play the Dragons :roll: .. 2 more points there too i'd expect :lol:

watch out in round 8 though.. you have to play the Broncos up here :smt075

Eag's
30th March 2005, 06:29 PM
looks like Manly bought well in the off-season.

Ben Kennedy and Brent Kite are playing well .... and Watmough is killing them in the second row :shock:

sitting pretty on top of the ladder with a bye this weekend .... then next weekend you get to play the Dragons :roll: .. 2 more points there too i'd expect :lol:

watch out in round 8 though.. you have to play the Broncos up here :smt075

Dream on sunny Jim, :roll: they will be at full strength finaly and you will see the real team step up :wink:
When you have 4 of your best out with injury for the first 3 rounds no team is going to perform.

Time will tell my friend :smt036

Onewood
30th March 2005, 07:50 PM
I see my Cowboys take on Newcastle this week :D

Jarro
31st March 2005, 07:20 PM
Time will tell my friend :smt036

well this weekend will be a test for you guys then, Barrett is back ..... let's see if he can lift the side :roll:

Kev, i'm gonna tip your Cowboys to roll the Knights .... even though Johns is back, i don't think they can win :roll:

Jarro
2nd April 2005, 04:08 AM
BLOODY EELS :smt013

Golfgirl
2nd April 2005, 01:47 PM
Golfgirl - make that two weeks :D as the MIGHTY EAGLES have the bye this weekend :D 8)

How true.... two long weeks! (And yes, Matt is still mentioning it every opportunity he can..... :roll: :lol: )

3oneday
2nd April 2005, 06:44 PM
Could I just say......

GO THEM BRONCOS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jarro
2nd April 2005, 08:25 PM
Could I just say......

shudup you :x

Eag's
2nd April 2005, 10:45 PM
Bloody Dragons lose again :evil: just about ready to give them the flick :(
At least the Cowboys had another win :D

Onewood
3rd April 2005, 08:24 AM
Bloody Dragons lose again :evil: just about ready to give them the flick :(
At least the Cowboys had another win :D

My Cowboy's are kicking Butt :D

Did the PONIES lose or something :wink: :D

Fishman Dan
3rd April 2005, 08:37 AM
Could I just say......

Pete - i missed the score? Can you please post it here? Better make it large numbers in case I miss it.

Jarro
3rd April 2005, 03:25 PM
GO THE SHARKS \:D/ :smt026 =D> :smt023 :smt075 :smt038

that makes 2 in a row for the Poodles doesn't it :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jarro
3rd April 2005, 03:27 PM
Pete - i missed the score? Can you please post it here?

better stick with your GAYFL Fishfinger ...... you might get hurt in here :roll:

mike
5th April 2005, 04:16 PM
Up till the Broncos last game , this season was a total disaster.

C'mon you dragons. Stop droppin' the frickin' ball !!

CobraSS
5th April 2005, 10:52 PM
Doggies will get the points this week, com'on guys, we have been playin under sufference, NO MASON (Wilbur), NO OGRE(O'Meley) and the MUMPS. Geez if perhaps we were playin against the Storm we would have got thumped by 46 points, wasn't it lucky the Bronco's were playin the Storm this week, they would have done much better............ wouldn't they?????????????

Jarro
6th April 2005, 04:21 AM
Doggies will get the points this week

well they'll have to do it without Sonny-boy ..... looks like he's out for 8 weeks because he hurt his widdle footsywootsy :smt022 :smt022

Mason probably won't front either .... he's too busy fielding offers from Union sides, or going to concerts :P real team man :roll:

mike
9th April 2005, 11:00 PM
Dragons 32- Manly poofters 6

We're back.

Jarro
10th April 2005, 05:30 AM
Dragons 32- Manly poofters 6

We're back.

welcome to the points table mike :P

watch for the Sea-Eagles to fall out of the sky like a shot duck :!:

Jarro
10th April 2005, 03:22 PM
Could I just say......

you sure can 8) we're back baby :D

3oneday
10th April 2005, 04:48 PM
How good are Canberra going ?? or did the Roosters chop it ??

Good to see Manly are returning to form, at least I stopped tipping them in time :lol: :lol:

Pete

Jarro
12th April 2005, 02:31 PM
looking forward to the big TOP OF THE TABLE clash between the Dogs and Roosters this friday night :roll: :lol:

bring on the Dragons :twisted: :smt021 :smt075 :smt062

mike
12th April 2005, 02:45 PM
You Broncos fans better look out this weekend.

The Dragons are on a roll.

They've won 1 in a row. :roll:

Jarro
12th April 2005, 02:48 PM
took your sweet time responding mike :roll:

i thought that one might've got thru to the keeper :wink:

Jarro
12th April 2005, 03:28 PM
NRL 2005 LADDER
No Club P W D L B P/D PTS
1 Raiders 4 4 0 0 1 60 10
2 Sharks 5 4 0 1 0 34 8
3 Sea Eagles 4 3 0 1 1 13 8
4 Wests Tigers 4 3 0 1 1 9 8
5 Storm 5 3 0 2 0 91 6
6 Broncos 5 3 0 2 0 13 6
7 Cowboys 5 3 0 2 0 11 6
8 Warriors 5 2 0 3 0 10 4
9 Panthers 5 2 0 3 0 6 4
10 Rabbitohs 5 2 0 3 0 -3 4
11 Bulldogs 4 1 0 3 1 -9 4
12 Roosters 5 2 0 3 0 -12 4
13 Eels 5 2 0 3 0 -45 4
14 Dragons 5 1 0 4 0 -56 2
15 Knights 4 0 0 4 1 -122 2

talk about a screwed up season so far :shock:

Courty
12th April 2005, 04:12 PM
talk about a screwed up season so far :shock:

How's that? The Sharkies are where they should have been all along :twisted:

Fishman Dan
13th April 2005, 09:12 AM
Well well well.....

3 teams have breached the Salary Cap? Anyone know who? I've heard Bulldogs and Saints...

If the NRL has any balls they'd smash these clubs. Apparently St George said "It was unavoidable"....

3oneday
13th April 2005, 09:28 AM
Well well well.....

3 teams have breached the Salary Cap? Anyone know who? I've heard Bulldogs and Saints...

If the NRL has any balls they'd smash these clubs. Apparently St George said "It was unavoidable"....wank wank wank, back to the AFL thread with you please :P :P

Happens every year, everyone does it, some get caught, some don't. Happens in ping pong as well, who cares, comp is even for the first time in years, there are always mitigating circumstances, get on with it. :wink:

Pete

Fishman Dan
13th April 2005, 09:30 AM
Well well well.....

If the NRL has any balls they'd smash these clubs. Apparently St George said "It was unavoidable"....wank wank wank, back to the AFL thread with you please :P :P

Happens every year, everyone does it, some get caught, some don't. Happens in ping pong as well, who cares, comp is even for the first time in years, there are always mitigating circumstances, get on with it. :wink:

Pete

Spoken like a true Bulldogs supporter :lol:

All i can say is, if they've been caught again - GOOOORRRRNNNNSKI!

I guess the Bulldogs board will just come out and say their CEO is ADHD and all will be well :roll:

3oneday
13th April 2005, 09:45 AM
I guess the Bulldogs board will just come out and say their CEO is ADHD and all will be well :roll:unlikely, apparently their overspending related to their highly paid employees residing in Coffs Harbour :lol: :lol:

Not sure how long they will stay on the payroll, but they will be in a better position to account for them after the next DNA test comes back....

:lol: :lol: :lol:

terryand
13th April 2005, 09:50 AM
Pete, If my memory serves me correctly,weren't Carlton the biggest offenders not so long ago :smt102 :smt017 :smt009 :smt018 :smt016 :smt018 :smt018

Terry.

Fishman Dan
13th April 2005, 09:54 AM
Pete, If my memory serves me correctly,weren't Carlton the biggest offenders not so long ago :smt102 :smt017 :smt009 :smt018 :smt016 :smt018 :smt018

Terry.

Carlton's offences didn't include housing projects in the south-west of Sydney, and local government corruption Tez, but nice try ;) :lol:

They were just scapegoats :roll:

Since then it was revealed that Essendon made some shonky deals in relation to Matthewlloyd.com and jameshird.com - but the AFL didn't investigate further..

Besides - Carlton at the time were bad and getting worse. It did us a favour by bringing about the end of Wayne Brittain - AFL's and Carlton's worst ever coach.

terryand
13th April 2005, 10:02 AM

Terry.

Carlton's offences didn't include housing projects in the south-west of Sydney, and local government corruption Tez, but nice try ;) :lol:

Since then it was revealed that Essendon made some shonky deals in relation to Matthewlloyd.com and jameshird.com - but the AFL didn't investigate further..

Besides - Carlton at the time were bad and getting worse. It did us a favour by bringing about the end of Wayne Brittain - AFL's and Carlton's worst ever coach.

A Salary Cap breach is a salary cap breach.....

Its just like having an 8 on the golf course,and trying to justify it, theres no room for diagrams.An 8 is an 8 8)

Terry.

Iain
13th April 2005, 10:12 AM

Terry.

A Salary Cap breach is a salary cap breach.....

Its just like having an 8 on the golf course,and trying to justify it, theres no room for diagrams.An 8 is an 8 8)

Terry.

Or a 13 is still a 13...... :P :P

Fishman Dan
13th April 2005, 10:39 AM
The gossip columns are running hot...

http://foxsports.news.com.au/story/0,8659,12841301-23214,00.html

As well as the Doggies, there are numerous other suspect teams;

Penrith, Sydney Roosters, Melbourne and St George-Illawarra have also been sprung by salary cap auditor Ian Schubert.

Fishman Dan
13th April 2005, 01:37 PM
No surprises here - the NRL has shown its distinct lack of spine and slapped 5 clubs on the wrist....

Club: Bulldogs
Amount: $72,295
Reason: Sponsor servicing shortfall

Club: Dragons
Amount: $32,286
Reason: Second Tier salary cap breach

Club: Panthers
Amount: $25,000
Reason: Late payment of club loan to a player

Club: Roosters
Amount: $25,000
Reason: Third party agreement

Club: Storm
Amount: $120,000
Reason: Third party contracts from 2001

I bet they never do it again... :roll:

Jarro
15th April 2005, 08:43 PM
Doggies are gawwwwwwwwwn :roll:

talk about a pathetic second half :oops:

CobraSS .. what's the excuse :?:

pity too, i backed 'em. Man i hate Phil Gould :evil:

Onewood
15th April 2005, 09:12 PM
No surprises here - the NRL has shown its distinct lack of spine and slapped 5 clubs on the wrist....

What about the send off :shock:

Ref: Sorry Darling, you slapped him in the face......off you go :roll:

They slap harder then that at a net ball game :D and you call this NRL a tough sport :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I just hope he does'nt ref the SOO match. there'll be no BLUES left on the park :D Coz they will be slapping those QLDers around all night :wink:

Jarro
15th April 2005, 09:22 PM
we QLD'ers can handle the slaps from you girlie Blues .... just make sure you cut your nails first :P

Onewood
15th April 2005, 09:30 PM
we QLD'ers can handle the slaps from you girlie Blues .... just make sure you cut your nails first :P

What did you think of the SEND OFF :roll: Was it SOFT or not :?:

Fishman Dan
15th April 2005, 10:21 PM
Sure is a tough game that NRL.

What a powerpuff Ricketson is. And then there was the slap - are you kidding me? Tough game. Good to see at least someone landed one on Ricko.

Then there was the send off. You're kidding me.

Again, ref's interpretations ruled the match. No way was Anasta off-side in that no-try in the 2nd half.

And was it just me, or was Matty Johns tanked at the end of game interviews??

mike
16th April 2005, 07:26 AM

Jarro were you listening to the game on the radio or something ? Or does Brisbane get the game live ?

I read this post at the half time break last night. Sort of spoiled the 2nd half knowing those bastards were going to win.

3oneday
16th April 2005, 12:16 PM
I read this post at the half time break last night. Sort of spoiled the 2nd half knowing those bastards were going to win.I think I wrecked it for him, I wasn't watching, and sent him the score from the net :P :P

It went something like "and the only thing that improved for the Dogs after 20 minutes were the missed tackles and the dropped balls", those bloody stats increased ten fold. Pleased I didn't watch it :cry: :cry:

Pete

Jarro
16th April 2005, 02:25 PM

Jarro were you listening to the game on the radio or something ? Or does Brisbane get the game live ?

I read this post at the half time break last night. Sort of spoiled the 2nd half knowing those bastards were going to win.

sorry mike.

i was on the NRL site watching the live stats, so i knew the score. Pete told me anyway but i knew the Dogs were gone :roll:

Jarro
20th April 2005, 12:17 PM
if any of you guys are interested, there is a new NRL site that has a forum section on it :

http://www.nrlland.com/

just a new place to go and talk about the greatest game of all :wink:

Fishman Dan
20th April 2005, 12:20 PM
if any of you guys are interested, there is a new NRL site that has a forum section on it :

A forum for NRL talk? What's the ASCII equivalent for "grunt"?

Jarro
20th April 2005, 12:23 PM

A forum for NRL talk? What's the ASCII equivalent for "grunt"?

now now Fishy, if you haven't got anything nice to say ...... :roll:

3oneday
20th April 2005, 01:04 PM
What's the ASCII equivalent for "grunt"?simply type A.F.L 2.0.0.5. :P :P

Fishman Dan
20th April 2005, 03:59 PM
Morely got off that head-high tackle charge (what a disgrace of a call from the ref!) - but Utai has come out saying that he got a blood lip and the first contact was on the chin.

Acting in footy (NRL and AFL) to milk a penalty is becoming as bad as soccer. If he did get hit in the head - stand up, play the ball, then fall over and roll around like a softc*ck (thanks Rich).

Pete/Cobra - these Dogs are getting a little soft don't you think?

CobraSS
20th April 2005, 05:48 PM
:roll:

3oneday
20th April 2005, 07:57 PM
Pete/Cobra - these Dogs are getting a little soft don't you think?Cobra, I will.............

Fishguts, soft in NRL terms, or soft in AFL, handbags at 20 paces, terms :?: :?: buncha shirtgrabbing pansies :smt061 :smt061 :smt061 :smt061 :smt061 :smt061 :smt061 :smt061 :smt061 :smt061 :smt061 :smt061 :smt061 :smt061 :smt061 :smt061

sorry, better now :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fishman Dan
20th April 2005, 08:36 PM
Fishguts, soft in NRL terms, or soft in AFL, handbags at 20 paces, terms :?: :?: buncha shirtgrabbing pansies :smt061 :smt061 :smt061 :smt061 :smt061 :smt061 :smt061 :smt061 :smt061 :smt061 :smt061 :smt061 :smt061 :smt061 :smt061 :smt06

Terry Lamb would be turning in his grave.... he's not dead but some would argue he's been brain dead for 20 years.

Jarro
20th April 2005, 08:46 PM
Fishguts, soft in NRL terms, or soft in AFL, handbags at 20 paces, terms :?: :?: buncha shirtgrabbing pansies :smt061 :smt061 :smt061 :smt061 :smt061 :smt061 :smt061 :smt061 :smt061 :smt061 :smt061 :smt061 :smt061 :smt061 :smt061 :smt06

Terry Lamb would be turning in his grave.... he's not dead but some would argue he's been brain dead for 20 years.

geez Fishy .... that hurts :cry:

Fishman Dan
20th April 2005, 08:56 PM

I'm just saying that he was tough nut, unlike the current breed of overpayed, ADHD monkeys :wink:

Jarro
21st April 2005, 05:15 AM

I'm just saying that he was tough nut, unlike the current breed of overpayed, ADHD monkeys :wink:

i don't think the players are softer than players from an earlier era, as with most players in all sports today, they are fitter and better educated.

It's the officials that are softer these days :x

Fishman Dan
21st April 2005, 08:21 AM

i don't think the players are softer than players from an earlier era, as with most players in all sports today, they are fitter and better educated.

It's the officials that are softer these days :x

I don't make a habit of disagreeing with you J-Ho, but i'll agree they are fitter. :wink:

The officials though have media profiles, which in itself is ridiculous.

Onewood
25th April 2005, 10:20 PM
You Bronco, fans out there should be ashamed to except the 2 points after the Video ref cheated :roll: to say that Nigel Vagana was held up by, what... 1mm above the grass :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jarro
25th April 2005, 11:45 PM
tell it to the judge Kev, we got the 2 points :wink:

Jarro
30th April 2005, 07:16 AM
another great win by the Broncos last night 8) :D .. knocking the Sea-Eagles off their perch.

Fishman Dan
30th April 2005, 08:51 AM
Shows what i know.. I had a multi with the Broncs 1-12, and Carlton by 16 or more. At least i got the colours right.

Good to see Manly get a drubbin'!

Jarro
30th April 2005, 09:17 AM
Good to see Manly get a drubbin'!

too right :!:

wonder if this loss will start a slow slide down the ladder :?: they've been pretty good at putting away the lower sides in the comp, but haven't really come up against any side of substance ...... tough games ahead for the Eagles 8)

cazandpaul
30th April 2005, 03:50 PM
Never expected the Eagles to beat the Broncos - they are still a couple of players short of a top side and hopefully will learn from the loss.

Onewood
30th April 2005, 05:39 PM
Never expected the Eagles to beat the Broncos - they are still a couple of players short of a top side and hopefully will learn from the loss.

Paul, stick with them while the SUN SHINE'S :wink: but if they play at night give it a miss :wink: :D

Onewood
30th April 2005, 05:52 PM
:smt014 I argued with meself all day over this one :roll:

:smt021 :smt021 :smt021 And went against My beloved SHARKS :smt021 :smt021 :smt021

But I went out and backed them to win the comp from here 8) gee there the real deal this year :smt023

Jarro
1st May 2005, 06:08 AM
i did the same thing Kev :roll:

.. never thought they'd have a snowflakes of beating the Storm in melbourne :?

Bulldogs managed to get a win as well..... fancy that :P

3oneday
1st May 2005, 01:23 PM
Bulldogs managed to get a win as well..... fancy that  :Pmate, you're a real chicken counter, aren't you :!: :roll: :roll: :wink:

Eag's
1st May 2005, 05:12 PM
Good to see the Dragons string 2 wins together finaly :D
They played terrible football in the first half :evil: handling errors all over the place, but a win is a win :wink:

Jarro
1st May 2005, 06:48 PM
yeah Richard, they just fell over the line after a poor start. Could be in trouble too with the injury to Mathew Head :(

Onewood
2nd May 2005, 08:19 AM
This week's winner is onewood  with a weekly score of 6 who has the lowest adjusted margin of 14.  The actual margin was 26.

:roll:  :D

mike
3rd May 2005, 08:04 PM
Good to see the Dragons string 2 wins together finaly :D
They played terrible football in the first half :evil: handling errors all over the place, but a win is a win :wink:

Yep, rubbish for 65 minutes and sheer brilliance for 15.

yeah Richard, they just fell over the line after a poor start. Could be in trouble too with the injury to Mathew Head  :(

I hope he's OK. Pity it wasn't Barrett that got injured. :roll:

Jarro
4th May 2005, 02:30 AM
yeah Richard, they just fell over the line after a poor start. Could be in trouble too with the injury to Mathew Head  :(

I hope he's OK. Pity it wasn't Barrett that got injured.  :roll:

ankle ligament damage. out for at least 7 weeks.

sorry mate :(

Jarro
9th May 2005, 11:50 AM
.. anyone happen to catch the score in the Broncos - Bulldogs game :?: :?:

3oneday :?: CobraSS :?: :?: .. anyone :roll: :lol:

Fishman Dan
9th May 2005, 11:52 AM
.. anyone happen to catch the score in the Broncos - Bulldogs game  :?:  :?:

3oneday  :?:  CobraSS  :?:  :?:  .. anyone :roll:  :lol:

Funniest story i have of this game - good friend of mine (best man) is a Dogs supporter. He's in a massive tipping comp, where starts count. What were the Dogs, +4.5 start?

So it didn't matter when they slotted the field goal - but when they ran in the try 20 seconds later he was furious! :lol: :lol:

Jarro
9th May 2005, 12:00 PM
i'll bet his was plenty pissed off after that Fish :x

really a kind of weird finish to a pretty exciting game ... would've been good to have been there :( :wink:

CobraSS
9th May 2005, 12:26 PM
Didn't think it was a bad effort by the Dogs considering five of their starting forward pack was sitting on the sidelines (O'Meely, Mason, Matuia, Perry, and Sonny-Bill). Really the ponies should have won by 50+ playing the Dogs second string pack and being a home game and all, worrying signs for the ponies I think......... :lol:

3oneday
9th May 2005, 12:31 PM
The chants at Paton in the second half took me back to the old Richard Hadlee days.Great game to be at ! :Dminus a couple of Paton brain explosions, dogs win. Dunno why the guy still hasn't learnt to dive on a ball near the dead ball line, wasn't the first time, hopefully the last. Still can't work out the 2nd shot on that winger, the first one had already knocked him out :lol: :lol: they score straight after that as well.

There you go, life goes on. 8)

Jarro
9th May 2005, 12:35 PM
LETS GO BRONCOS :!: :!: \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ :smt023

Courty
12th May 2005, 09:50 PM
God-damn the tipping this week is tough...
I've had more trouble deciding on my tips this week than any other so far, and I'm still not confident with my decisions.

I've got a feeling this week could be one for some upsets. :? :wink:

Can the Knights crack it for their first win of Season '05 :?:

Jarro
13th May 2005, 03:56 AM
God-damn the tipping this week is tough...
I've had more trouble deciding on my tips this week than any other so far, and I'm still not confident with my decisions.

I've got a feeling this week could be one for some upsets.  :?  :wink:

Can the Knights crack it for their first win of Season '05 :?:

i hear ya Courty :wink:

.. some real tough games this weekend, Knights are due but don't really have any form on the board :?
Broncos Vs Cowboys is a real toss-of-the-coin affair ...... and what will the Warrioirs do at home :?:

Good Luck :roll:

mike
14th May 2005, 05:19 PM
I think the other 14 clubs are starting to get a little worried.

When the Dragons actually hit their straps they will be unbeatable.

8)

Jarro
14th May 2005, 08:28 PM
I think the other 14 clubs are starting to get a little worried.

When the Dragons actually hit their straps they will be unbeatable.

8)

good thing for the rest of us then that they don't hit their straps very often :P :lol:

Jarro
14th May 2005, 08:49 PM
Great win by the Broncos over the Cowboys \:D/ \:D/

Fishman Dan
26th May 2005, 04:16 PM
http://www.smh.com.au/news/TV--Radio/I-cant-believe-the-hatred/2005/05/26/1116950795780.html

I'll just say it - this was to be expected by the atypical NRL and Footy Show fan.

In a world where sports need all the fans it can get, the Footy Show has single-handedly dealt a blow to the entire female market. Rebecca Wilson is a good sports commentator and deserved her place on the panel. Fact is, she's actually too good for that show.

She's a tough-nut and die-hard league fan, of the Debbie Spillane mould.

Good luck Fatty, your show is still dying a slow agonising death..

Jarro
26th May 2005, 04:35 PM
personally i think the Footy Show is a load of crap :x

the sooner it's carted off telly the better :wink:

Onewood
26th May 2005, 05:47 PM
personally i think the Footy Show is a load of crap  :x

the sooner it's carted off telly the better  :wink:

That goes for the whole game :roll:

Jarro
26th May 2005, 07:46 PM
personally i think the Footy Show is a load of crap  :x

the sooner it's carted off telly the better  :wink:

That goes for the whole game :roll:

yeah yeah, .... whatever :roll:

Fishman Dan
3rd June 2005, 03:28 PM
The chit-chat had died down. I thought i'd better bring it to the surface about this wonderful game again..

Manu Stood Down Over Fracas - (also read as - NRL player charged for beating the crap out of someone)
http://foxsports.news.com.au/story/0,8659,15495630-23210,00.html

Jarro
3rd June 2005, 03:34 PM
Fishy,

.. what about the GAYFL wanting to admit a drug-addict/murderer into their hall of fame :roll:

class act that one :P

Fishman Dan
3rd June 2005, 03:54 PM
Yeah, but at least he was an out-and-out champion. No one can deny that. In fact the post-footy system let him down badly. :roll:

Ablett was a champion.

Jarro
5th June 2005, 05:28 PM
LETS GO BRONCOS

Fishman Dan
5th June 2005, 08:18 PM
Well done, you beat the luckless, if not winless, Knights :roll:

Jarro
6th June 2005, 04:19 AM
Well done, you beat the luckless, if not winless, Knights :roll:

what about the 7 other teams we've beaten in succesion 8)

Fishman Dan
10th June 2005, 07:21 AM
JO-EY
JO-EY
JO-EY

Get used to that sound, that's what they'll be singing as they chair him off the ground.

If you think he's unfit, you'd better know that he's a complete fitness freak. A friend in Newcastle says he's reguarly seen along the beach he lives in front of - if he's not surfing, he's doing exercises on the sand or the dunes.

Last week against the Bronco's he showed what he does best - hit players with passes in full-stride on the chest so they don't have to slow down for the reception. That's why the NSW couldn't go forwards under Kimmorley. And Joey's kicking game is far better, even when he's not match fit.

Jo-ey... Jo-ey....

terryand
10th June 2005, 07:37 AM
JO-EY
JO-EY
JO-EY

Get used to that sound, that's what they'll be singing as they chair him off the ground.

If you think he's unfit, you'd better know that he's a complete fitness freak. A friend in Newcastle says he's reguarly seen along the beach he lives in front of - if he's not surfing, he's doing exercises on the sand or the dunes.

Last week against the Bronco's he showed what he does best - hit players with passes in full-stride on the chest so they don't have to slow down for the reception. That's why the NSW couldn't go forwards under Kimmorley. And Joey's kicking game is far better, even when he's not match fit.

Jo-ey... Jo-ey....

Ya right there, he got Carlaw with a beauty :smt023

Terry.

Fishman Dan
10th June 2005, 07:50 AM
Ya right there, he got Carlaw with a beauty :smt023

Hehe, nice one :oops:

Not as good as Kimmorley's pass.. :evil:

Jarro
10th June 2005, 08:07 AM
so all your hopes are pinned on the 2nd best player in the world :roll: :lol:

Jarro
12th June 2005, 06:43 AM
great win by the Broncos last night  :D

terrible conditions in canberra , pissing down all night  :shock:

.. and what the hell happened to Manly :shock:

Onewood
12th June 2005, 06:26 PM
.. and what the hell happened to Manly  :shock:

I heard that they needed some money for there end of year footy trip :wink: they picked up a fortune from the TAB :lol: :lol:

Fishman Dan
23rd July 2005, 04:22 PM
I see your mob is up to their level best again Pete - if they're not attacking other fans they're blowing them up.

When's the NRL going to act? Imagine - home games with no crowd.

I say deport them.

Jarro
23rd July 2005, 04:31 PM
sounds like typical NSW supporters to me ... very loutish :P

on the game itself, i think the Broncos were very unlucky to lose .. clearly the better side on the night, but not helped by a knock-on over the line by Berrigan, and a disgraceful penalty awarded by a very incompetent referee :evil:

3oneday
23rd July 2005, 08:43 PM
Goodness boys, I hardly ever look in here, travesty, huh Jarro :P :lol: :lol: :lol: mate, we played awesome mate :lol: :lol:

Yes Dan, very disappointing and lacking respect, but then do these supporters know the meaning of the word ? But, you can't crucify a whole supporter base for 50 to 100 idiots... :cry:

Pete

Fishman Dan
23rd July 2005, 10:55 PM
But, you can't crucify a whole supporter base for 50 to 100 idiots... :cry:

You can certainly try!! ;)

Jarro - the Bronc's were terrible. Locky blowing up every 2nd tackle, they were less disciplined than school kids.

Jarro
24th July 2005, 02:56 AM
turn it up Fishy, Locky (and the Broncos) played awesome 8) by blowing up i presume you must mean he was rather angry at some of the terrible decisions Steve Clarke handed down :x

Pete, you guys played pretty much as good as you could .. and only just won .... gotta be a little bit worried about that i'd say.

Grunt
24th July 2005, 06:58 AM
Bunnies to beat the Tigpies this afternoon in the upset of the round.

Grunt & the bunnies - the 2 rank outsiders today:)

3oneday
24th July 2005, 07:39 AM
turn it up Fishy, Locky (and the Broncos) played awesome  8) >>>>> Pete, you guys played pretty much as good as you could .. and only just won :smt073 .... gotta be a little bit worried about that i'd say.ummm, Broncos played awesome, we played as good as we could AND I'M WORRIED ???????????

Damn tooting I'm worried, I'm worried about who will get near us when Sonny Bill and what's that Qld centre's name again, oh that's it Tonga, return from injury in the next few weeks. The Generals back in a month as well, damn I'm worried now :lol: :lol: :lol:

And I'm particularly worried that Mr Sherwin seems to have hit some form, worrying how much better he will get with 6 rounds still to play. Given it has taken 20 rounds to warm him up 8) :?

Yep, you could say I'm worried :smt035 \:D/ :smt030

Pete

Fishman Dan
24th July 2005, 08:43 AM
Jarro - you learn at age 7 that once the ref blows his whistle, he isn't going to change his mind. Bronco's were blowing up everytime he blew the thing.

Bad refereeing? I thought that's a given these days.

CobraSS
29th July 2005, 12:46 PM
Pete, you guys played pretty much as good as you could .. and only just won .... gotta be a little bit worried about that i'd say.

especially with Sonny-bill, Willie Tonga and Luke Patten to come back into the team and El Magic playing out of position, holy shit Jarro we have bloody heaps to worry about don't we....... :roll: :lol:

terryand
29th July 2005, 01:31 PM
El Magic is certainly playing out of position.....on the bench for the rest of the seasonhttp://deephousepage.com/smilies/rofl5.gif

Terry.

Bruce
29th July 2005, 02:38 PM
I've just got an invite for the Storm v Warriors game in 2 weeks.

Are the Storm likely to win this one? I've never been to a League game before and would prefer my first one to be a happy one.

AndyP
29th July 2005, 02:40 PM
Pay to go see an AFL game instead. ;)

Bruce
29th July 2005, 02:54 PM
Entry plus beers are being provided. I'm prepared to dip my toe.

But like all fair weather fans - I will only go if the Storm are going to win. Preferably by lots. I don't want to watch some dour 10-8 victory. I want a try fest.

Jarro
29th July 2005, 03:39 PM
Pay to go see an AFL game instead.  ;)

get out of here before we kick you up the butt :evil: :wink:

Fishman Dan
30th July 2005, 07:22 AM
There is a god. The Roosters are out of the Finals... (i refuse to call them "Playoffs"). :P

Anonymous
30th July 2005, 08:49 AM
Apparently Ricky Stuart thought questionable refereeing decisions are to blame for all 44 Dragoins points. :roll:

Jarro
31st July 2005, 03:47 PM
holy s#$% Jarro we have bloody heaps to worry about don't we....... :roll:  :lol:

i'll say, getting smashed up by the Bunnies will make you have a few sleepless nights :P

what the hell happened there :shock:

Grunt
31st July 2005, 04:29 PM
BUNNIES 37 DOGS 24

WOO HOO
Bring on the beer

3oneday
31st July 2005, 06:12 PM
holy s#$% Jarro we have bloody heaps to worry about don't we....... :roll:  :lol:

i'll say, getting smashed up by the Bunnies will make you have a few sleepless nights  :P

what the hell happened there  :shock:wonder if some of the Dogs have cash on the Knights finishing last ???

Too damn hard to follow that sorta form, well played Bunnies, they coulda packed it in when the dogs pulled level, but they didn't.

I need the vomit emoticon ?!!?!?!? :?

Pete

Pinglauncher
31st July 2005, 07:04 PM
BUNNIES 37  DOGS 24

WOO HOO
Bring on the beer

:smt089 :smt089 :smt089 :smt089 :smt089 :smt089 :smt089 :smt089

Fishman Dan
31st July 2005, 08:42 PM
wonder if some of the Dogs have cash on the Knights finishing last ???

Too damn hard to follow that sorta form, well played Bunnies, they coulda packed it in when the dogs pulled level, but they didn't.

I need the vomit emoticon ?!!?!?!? :?

Pete

Sacrifices have to be made. After all, it would be terrible to be caught breaking the salary cap again. Time to resort to match fixing... :lol:

Jarro
1st August 2005, 05:49 AM
i think playing the Broncos took more out of the Dogs than they realised :wink:

Wests Tigers are looking like a real force this year as well :shock:

3oneday
1st August 2005, 07:08 AM
i think playing the Broncos took more out of the Dogs than they realised  :wink:

Wests Tigers are looking like a real force this year as well  :shock:Yeah, think so....

How good were some of the tries those Tigers scored, unbelievable footwork some of these guys possess, especially Benji Marshall :shock: :shock: Great to see them do well, and good for Tim Sheens as well 8)

Pete

Jarro
1st August 2005, 07:29 AM
agreed.

i think the Tigers might go a little further than anyone expects this year :wink:

Virgal_Tracy
1st August 2005, 10:10 AM
Was at the tigers - minnows game yesterday. as a lifelong Sharks supporter (and equally long Kimmorley disliker) was almost crying by the game. Not because of the score but the way they just gave up.

there was some good footwork but the Sharks were playing touch. Dead set though the Tigers 2nd try came from Dykes being taken out after he kicked and I had Tigers supporters next to me saying the same thing but in the same sentencetelling me to get over it. Idon't know how it looked on the box or what was said but at ground level it was blatant.

Nothing can excuse kimmorley for putting 2 kick offs out on the full and a 3rd that doesn't go 10. send the tosser to the central coast where he started.

drunken
6th August 2005, 01:14 PM
CMON the dragons!!!

Although a bit dissapointed in the Cowboys. Maybe putting Webb & Rahihi straight into the starting team wasn't the way to go seeing as they've both been out for a while.

Jarro
6th August 2005, 01:18 PM
good win to the Dragons.

pity you won't get one next week :P

drunken
6th August 2005, 01:30 PM
we will see jho...should be a bloody good game...

Jarro
6th August 2005, 01:33 PM
will be a cracker drunkey-poo 8)

Broncos by 14.

Barrett to miss 4 weeks with a broken nail :roll:

drunken
6th August 2005, 01:42 PM
We'll see...

Wonder if petrol 70cents a litre is playing

Jarro
6th August 2005, 01:47 PM
he'll be there, ready to smash Baileywearsatutu :P

Jarro
7th August 2005, 08:10 AM
well what the hell is going on with the Bulldogs :?

first the Bunnies roll them, now the Knights :shock:

not good form heading into the finals .... if they indeed make it into the top 8

3oneday
7th August 2005, 08:19 AM
well what the hell is going on with the Bulldogs  :?

first the Bunnies roll them, now the Knights :shock:

not good form heading into the finals .... if they indeed make it into the top 8there is a common term for this....

SHOT DUCKS !!! :roll: :?

Eag's
7th August 2005, 08:46 AM
good win to the Dragons.

pity you won't get one next week  :P

Bring on next week the mighty Dragons are on fire \:D/
Broncos will be going down next week young Jarro :wink:

Jarro
7th August 2005, 10:23 AM
Broncos will be going down next week young Jarro  :wink:

we'll see mate, we'll see :wink:

you would've thought a game like this would be worthy of being on friday night, but i've since just learned that it's gonna be a sunday arvo job :?

3oneday
7th August 2005, 05:28 PM
Broncos will be going down next week young Jarro  :wink:and this week, gosh, what a round of upsets !!!! who will win, Dragons ??? only team in form at the moment, or with any consistency anyway.

(maybe a kiss of death here ?? with luck)

Pete

drunken
7th August 2005, 06:25 PM
Don't even think about it pete :evil:

Fishman Dan
7th August 2005, 07:01 PM
Hmm.... let's go, Bronco's?

drunken
7th August 2005, 07:34 PM
:roll:

Jarro
8th August 2005, 08:14 AM
Hmm.... let's go, Bronco's?

:lol:  :lol:

stay outta here mate :evil:

cazandpaul
8th August 2005, 02:59 PM
A fine time for the Eagles to snap a losing streak - the Bronco's wouldn't want to play at Brookvale every week.

DOING THE EAGLE ROCK.

Grunt
8th August 2005, 03:06 PM
? is did the Broncos work out who they want to play in the 1st week of the semis and lay down. They know they will be #1 but who will be #8. Yesterdays result sort of makes it Manly if other results in the next few weeks go there way. I think the dogs are out of it now.

My 8
Broncos
Dragons
Eels
Tigers
NQ
Storm
Sharks
Manly

Jarro
8th August 2005, 11:53 PM
you could be onto something there Grant :?

i don't think the Broncos fear playing Manly in the first week of the finals at all :wink:

cazandpaul
9th August 2005, 05:28 AM
But will the Broncos be no. 1? Got the Dragons this week - when was the last time the Broncos lost a lot in a row to disappear without trace.

3oneday
9th August 2005, 06:34 AM
I think the dogs are out of it now.this statement would normally be followed by some sort of tirade, however, Sherwin is now out for 4 weeks with a broken thumb and the little tank is facing a minimum 2 weeks on the sideline for a high tackle....

We're gone, got less troops than the Raiders have :cry: :cry: .

Pete

Jarro
9th August 2005, 08:27 AM
yeah, Doggies are running out of regular first-graders quickly ..... looks like Williams and Tonga aren't gonne be back real soon either :roll:

drunken
9th August 2005, 12:48 PM
Pete maybe u can slip them all a cheap club or two to hit the other blokes with :wink:

Fishman Dan
12th August 2005, 09:44 PM
Woof Woof.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

3oneday
12th August 2005, 10:33 PM
Woof Woof.

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:bow wow, now get nicked and go back to your aerial pooh pong thing :P :P

:lol: :lol: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Fishman Dan
13th August 2005, 12:20 AM
Is bailing team members from jail considered payment under a salary cap?

Isn't that why the Dogs are so short of players?

3oneday
13th August 2005, 06:05 AM
Is bailing team members from jail considered payment under a salary cap?

Isn't that why the Dogs are so short of players?your sledging needs work Dan.....

Jarro
13th August 2005, 08:07 AM
terrible effort from a severely understrengthed Doggies side last night :P

i mean, i knew Parra would win ... but not by that much :shock:

Eels are now looking like a new premiership favourite ..... but will they choke when the big games roll around :?

Grunt
13th August 2005, 01:04 PM
Eels v Dragon Grand Final

My tip

Grunt
13th August 2005, 08:23 PM
Go the Bunnies!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

Bunnies Win

Grant Wins

Jarro
13th August 2005, 08:28 PM
GO BUNNIES 8)

i tipped 'em :wink:

Eag's
14th August 2005, 05:12 PM
Great win buy the Mighty Dragons :smt109 :D
They keep playing like this and they will go all the way :wink:

mike
14th August 2005, 06:30 PM
St George/Illawarra Dragons 24 - Brisbane Sheilas 4

Just in case you hadn't heard

:D

Fishman Dan
14th August 2005, 07:32 PM
Brisbane were damned ordinary. Boring. 1 dimensional. Lockyer isn't a leader among men.

At least when the Dogs lose by 100 they make the occasional line break.

terryand
14th August 2005, 08:39 PM
St George/Illawarra Dragons 24 - Brisbane Sheilas 4

Just in case you hadn't heard

:D

Don't get too carried Mike.

What is it 3,4 grand finals since 92,for how many win? :smt017

Terry.

mike
14th August 2005, 08:58 PM
Don't get too carried Mike.

What is it 3,4 grand finals since 92,for how many win? :smt017

Terry.

Don't live in the past, Terry.

I don't care what happened 13 years ago. I was a Steelers supporter at the time.

But today, 14th August 2005, Brisbane had their butt whipped by the mighty Dragons.

Life's good. :D

Jarro
14th August 2005, 09:13 PM
we'll be back ..... just making the comp a little more interesting :wink:

Fishy, stick with GAYFL mate, you don't belong here.

Fishman Dan
14th August 2005, 09:31 PM
Nice comeback Jarro... again. :roll:

Bronco's were crap, no matter how many times you try and drag down AFL.

And the Bears were worse..

Jarro
14th August 2005, 09:49 PM
yeah thanks Fishy .. always glad to string you along ... all too easy really.

i'm looking forward to more wity remarks about the NRL comp from you really soon, hurry back ... please.

please tell me again who it is you support in the NRL :?

damoocow
14th August 2005, 09:56 PM
Bronco's were pretty predictable today - I think Bennett is still living in the 70's in so far as set moves are concerned - very easy to read, Dragons had some luck but overall were the far better team , in saying that I don't think Brisbane will be too upset with the loss......glad I didn't fork out money to go see it !......who will bris play in the home final ??

damoocow

Fishman Dan
14th August 2005, 10:12 PM
yeah thanks Fishy .. always glad to string you along ... all too easy really.

i'm looking forward to more wity remarks about the NRL comp from you really soon, hurry back ... please.

please tell me again who it is you support in the NRL  :?

Tigers. Ever since Scotty Gale, Jack, Brookes, Pearce, Roach, Hemsley, Sirro and Elias and co stomped around.

Every week i read the 'One Eyed Tiger' in the local rag.

I have a weak spot for what happened to the Bears as I went to school next to North Sydney Oval and saw more games in a few years than you might have ever, and they still deserve to be in the comp because their fans were some of the best, and home games at NS Oval were fantastic.

But i forgot, i was born in Vic and forgot i was only allowed to barrack for 1 code.

So what can you tell me about the Lions? I've heard you voice support for them once or twice?

And you're the only one so far who has failed to admit that the Bronco's played boring, uninspiring, football today. They got beaten by 20 - is that regarded as a 'crap' performance?

Bruce
14th August 2005, 10:42 PM
I went to the Storm v Warriors game last night. My first ever NRL game live.

Stood behind the goals at one end under the main video screen, I may have been visible on some of the Video Ref decisions. I specifically wanted to look down the ground rather than across it to see the angle that isn't available on the tv.

I'd be prepared to try again from side on, but my experience last night didn't change my mind that it is a pretty one-dimensional game. I can respect the physicality of it - it just seems kinda dull. A cold night had the cheergirls well rugged up so there was only the fireworks to jazz things up. Something AFL has never needed.

Fishman Dan
14th August 2005, 11:07 PM
I always found league games best viewed around 1/2 way, about 10-15 rows back so you're just above the level of the middle of the ground (especially on grounds that doubled as cricket pitches). Often you don't get the choice, but at the Nth Sydney Oval once you were in there was no allocated seating, so you were free to pick the best spot.

Jarro
15th August 2005, 03:57 AM
So what can you tell me about the Lions? I've heard you voice support for them once or twice?

not much really. I have no real liking for AFL, but i do like to support the local team in any sport really.... Lions/Reds/Broncos ... you get the picture.

And you're the only one so far who has failed to admit that the Bronco's played boring, uninspiring, football today. They got beaten by 20 - is that regarded as a 'crap' performance?

still haven't seen the game as i was at the Show yesterday (all day) The scoreline doesn't really make it look as though everything is rosy in the Broncs camp, but i do know that they'll be in the finals ... the big games ... and that's what counts. Once you're there, anything can happen .. and regular season form can quickly be forgotten in a flash.

everything up till then is just fodder for fish'n'chip wrapping :roll:

they'll need to lift, but i'm sure they have the talent and desire to do so.[/quote]

cazandpaul
15th August 2005, 04:19 AM
One of the big games for the season next weekend - Dragons v Eels - could decide the minor premiership.

terryand
15th August 2005, 06:58 AM
Bag the Broncos all you like you clowns,form where I'm sitting they still seem to be on top of the ladder by 2 point :-k and in the best position to win the minor premiership :smt098

Terry.

cazandpaul
15th August 2005, 07:36 PM
And now Lockyer is out for 3 weeks :shock:

Jarro
15th August 2005, 07:40 PM
3 weeks out will be good for him.

He'll come back nice and fresh for the finals 8)

Onewood
17th August 2005, 08:52 PM
Bag the Broncos all you like you clowns,form where I'm sitting they still seem to be on top of the ladder by 2 point :-k and in the best position to win the minor premiership :smt098

Terry.

Lap it up you poor old Bronc's :roll: The END is near :cry: good ol NSW teams are coming home fast

terryand
18th August 2005, 06:09 AM

Terry.

Lap it up you poor old Bronc's :roll: The END is near :cry: good ol NSW teams are coming home fast

Look out,the Broncs will have the rock back this w/e after nearly losing his leg from a corky :shock:
http://foxsports.news.com.au/story/0,8659,16286218-23214,00.html

Things seemed to go ugly when Berrigan got hurt :?

And Onewood, if I was smart enough and had the time to percentages of Qld premierships to NSW premierships since the Broncs entered the comp, on the ratio of Qld teams to NSW teams,I think you would be shocked at how poorly the your "State" has gonehttp://deephousepage.com/smilies/rofl5.gif

Terry.

3oneday
18th August 2005, 06:13 AM
if I was smart enough and had the time to percentages of Qld premierships to NSW premierships since the Broncs entered the comp, on the ratio of Qld teams to NSW teams,I think you would be shocked at how poorly the your "State" has gonehttp://deephousepage.com/smilies/rofl5.gif

Terry.Tezza, blah blah blah, when you get the time, do a ratio of population of Qld in quotient to number of players required, then relate it to population of NSW per number of teams/players. Maybe to even it up further, you should include WOMEN in the QLD one   :P  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Result ?? well, they have more folks at their disposal, they should win every year :P :P :P
:lol:
Pete :twisted:

terryand
18th August 2005, 06:23 AM
if I was smart enough and had the time to percentages of Qld premierships to NSW premierships since the Broncs entered the comp, on the ratio of Qld teams to NSW teams,I think you would be shocked at how poorly the your "State" has gonehttp://deephousepage.com/smilies/rofl5.gif

Terry.Tezza, blah blah blah, when you get the time, do a ratio of population of Qld in quotient to number of players required, then relate it to population of NSW per number of teams/players. Maybe to even it up further, you should include WOMEN in the QLD one   :P  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Result ?? well, they have more folks at their disposal, they should win every year  :P  :P  :P
:lol:
Pete :twisted:

Then how come Qld only has a pool of 19% of all player registered to pick a origin side from :smt017

Terry.

3oneday
18th August 2005, 07:35 AM
Then how come Qld only has a pool of 19% of all player registered to pick a origin side from :smt017

Terry.Queensland based teams represent 13.33% of the comp, but what percentage of players inside those teams are Qlders ?? if your figure of 19% is correct, and there are 25 contracted NRL players to each team (lets leave out the Warriors) that is 350 players, 19% of which is 66.

If you can't pick a team from 66 players, well then there is a problem that maybe Mr Beattie (or Mr Bennett ??) could look at. Maybe some selective breeding plans ?? :P :P

terryand
18th August 2005, 10:13 AM

Terry.Queensland based teams represent 13.33% of the comp, but what percentage of players inside those teams are Qlders ?? if your figure of 19% is correct, and there are 25 contracted NRL players to each team (lets leave out the Warriors) that is 350 players, 19% of which is 66.

If you can't pick a team from 66 players, well then there is a problem that maybe Mr Beattie (or Mr Bennett ??) could look at. Maybe some selective breeding plans ?? :P  :P

I sure there is some of The Kings DNA frozon somewhere 8)

Terry.

Fishman Dan
19th August 2005, 07:06 AM
Sonny Bill... inspiration to the kids of the Bankstown area.

Caught driving pissed at 4am on a suspended license. These kids now have a real idol!

I'd like, I'd like to be like Sonny-Bill... (doesn't really work does it).

Grunt
19th August 2005, 07:23 AM
Rumours going round that his knee might be that bad that he is going to retire and that tuesday was the day he found out how bad it really was. The resulting bender to drown his sorrows.

3oneday
19th August 2005, 07:50 AM
Sonny Bill... inspiration to the kids of the Bankstown area.

Caught driving pissed at 4am on a suspended license. These kids now have a real idol!

I'd like, I'd like to be like Sonny-Bill... (doesn't really work does it).Dan, nothing positive to say about your beloved tigers mate ???
You sure you don't moonlight as Rebecca Wilson ???

I mean seriously, the kids of Bankstown are all gunna go out, lose their licenses, get drunk and go for a drive, just because Sonny Bill did :roll: .

Yep, that'll work.

Hang on, Andrew Johns has decided he may not play for Australia. Gosh, when everyone copies him, we'll have no one to play for us. Gimme a break :P :P :roll:

Pete

Fishman Dan
19th August 2005, 02:04 PM
Just read that Benji Marshall has been told by the All Blacks to keep Union in mind! :shock:

I mean, there's an offer you can't refuse, but i think the $$$ is in League. Be a massive loss to the Tige's.

Just quietly Bulldogs Boy - Tigers by 20+ tonight ;) :lol:

I mean seriously, the kids of Bankstown are all gunna go out, lose their licenses, get drunk and go for a drive, just because Sonny Bill did

I like to think of the youths in the area as 'pro-active' in regard to driving around recklessly (1/2?) pissed on a suspended license :lol: :lol:

Jarro
19th August 2005, 08:06 PM
Bye Bye Doggies :smt006

man those Tigers have got some bite at the moment :shock:

Fishman Dan
19th August 2005, 09:31 PM
This is one hell of a performance.

But what happened to Luke Paton? The Dogs fullback has been stepped time after time, he's the worst #1 i've seen. Mind you he's not getting much support.

terryand
19th August 2005, 09:39 PM
This is one hell of a performance.

But what happened to Luke Paton? The Dogs fullback has been stepped time after time, he's the worst #1 i've seen. Mind you he's not getting much support.

Give the guy a break Fishy :?

Hes not even on the ground :D

Terry.

3oneday
19th August 2005, 09:54 PM

Terry. :lol: :lol: did you see me out there too fishguts ??? I was the one they stepped around, over, through, between, under etc etc

Mate, these Bulldogs should give AFL a go, at least they wouldn't need to worry about words like tackle, pain, hurt, guts.... :P

Fishman Dan
19th August 2005, 10:11 PM

Terry. :lol:  :lol: did you see me out there too fishguts ??? I was the one they stepped around, over, through, between, under etc etc

Mate, these Bulldogs should give AFL a go, at least they wouldn't need to worry about words like tackle, pain, hurt, guts.... :P

Oh Pete... keep it on channel 9 for another hour or so.. should be a cracker out at Freemantle tonight. :wink:

Reg del SamI
20th August 2005, 02:42 AM
[quote="3oneday

:lol:  :lol:[/quote]

Good one 3oneday :wink:

Cause they'd have enough trouble with their being leaguies typically lacking skill, pace, intelligence, footskills, and ability, and of course being from Bankstown, they'd lack being real Aussies too ... :twisted: :P :o

3oneday
20th August 2005, 11:29 AM
lacking skill, pace, intelligence, footskills, and ability, and of course being from Bankstown, they'd lack being real Aussies too ...  :twisted:  :P  :othere is that :shock: :D

Grunt
21st August 2005, 05:56 AM
BUNNIES BUNNIES BUNNIES

It does not get any better than beating the feather dusters

:smt098

3oneday
21st August 2005, 10:01 AM
BUNNIES BUNNIES BUNNIES

:smt098Grant, great win mate, but have you seen a worse display of refereeing this year than that Pommie guys last night ?? he lost total control of that game, stuck that first Roosters guy in the bin and he didn't even land a punch ??

He isn't even close to the required standard.

Pete

Jarro
21st August 2005, 04:52 PM
BLOODY PANTHERS :evil:

... oh well, at least we didn't get belted by 60 like the Sea-eagles :lol:

Jarro
21st August 2005, 04:53 PM
... or 50 like the Doggies :P

terryand
21st August 2005, 05:02 PM
Bit hard to play that level of footy against any team in the comp with only one man on the bench for the better part of the 2nd half :?

Terry.

Jarro
21st August 2005, 05:04 PM
we got a few injury worries now too Tezza, not looking good :(

Fishman Dan
21st August 2005, 07:59 PM
BUNNIES BUNNIES BUNNIES

:smt098Grant, great win mate, but have you seen a worse display of refereeing this year than that Pommie guys last night ?? he lost total control of that game, stuck that first Roosters guy in the bin and he didn't even land a punch ??

He isn't even close to the required standard.

Pete

Pete - he was gouging Hegarty?? No one has picked that up? If some puckwit put his fingers near my eyes, i'd react exactly as Hegarty did. The lowest form of "bi-play" in any sport is to go near eyes.

I've got horrific memories of a school rugby match where a kid from our school got gouged, and witnessing him being attended to while an ambulance arrived.. terrible stuff.

Nice work by the Brisbane Norman's though :lol: Wrong time of the year to be in reverse. No one looks able to stop the Dragon's at the moment.

Jarro
22nd August 2005, 05:21 AM
was there an official report of gouging out of that game :?:

i know there was a claim of one in the Sharks/Manly game ... but never heard/saw one in the Roosters game :?

Yes Fishy, the Broncos are in reverse at the moment :(

Fishman Dan
22nd August 2005, 11:30 AM
Jarro - that's what i don't understand. In every replay you can see that the Rooters #8 is up around Heg's eyes....

In fact looked more obvious than the Sharks / Manly game... was it Nutley?

Jarro
22nd August 2005, 11:42 AM
it was Nutley, and it did look like he raked his hand across the players face :?

one for the review commitee i suppose .... not that they pick everything up that they're supposed to :x

CobraSS
22nd August 2005, 12:42 PM
Bit hard to play that level of footy against any team in the comp with only one man on the bench for the better part of the 2nd half :?

Terry.

excuses excuses, excuses, you got beat by the team fighting to avoid the SPOON, ponies are a CHOKING, they won't be playin in the last game of the year this year, and you know it. :lol:

now you know what it feels like to have some key players missing, and how it can cruel your season :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :-({|= :-({|= :-({|=

3oneday
22nd August 2005, 01:11 PM
now you know what it feels like to have some key players missing, and how it can cruel your season :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :-({|=  :-({|=  :-({|=Ahhh, my wife will be pleased to know I am NOT the only bitter one :lol: :lol: :lol:

Pete

3oneday
22nd August 2005, 01:35 PM
Bitter maybe....a few injuries..possibly, but if I was a Doggies man I'd be more concerned with the ticker shown by W Mason in the last two floggings.
At least O'mealy and Co made a few attempts to run it up. Willy dead set turned it up...both games. The bloke is a fair weather player my friend. He's not the bloke to turn to when the going gets tough.G, I am sure there are a few doggies supporters questioning why they made an all out attempt to keep him instead of Anasta. Anyway, best not get started there I suppose.

Pete

Fishman Dan
22nd August 2005, 01:39 PM
C'mon Rich, to be fair...... he's ADHD. :roll:

Jarro
22nd August 2005, 02:15 PM
Dickies right .... Mason is NOT made of the right stuff.

he should've been released to Union, he'd go alright as a rah rah.

drunken
23rd August 2005, 03:08 PM
Jarro I don't want to hear another bad word about Union thanks

Jarro
23rd August 2005, 03:43 PM

well i'm sorry mate but you sure as hell wont hear any GOOD words about union from me :P

drunken
24th August 2005, 06:05 AM

well i'm sorry mate but you sure as hell wont hear any GOOD words about union from me  :P

Don't know if you've even been a footy player, but Union is alot more enjoyable. You actually have to think sometimes unlike league...oh actually maybe that counts you out then..... :wink:

Jarro
24th August 2005, 07:06 AM
settle Drunky-Poo, i played league all through high-school 8) i just foung unioun too much kick-oriented, it's not a bad game to watch when they run the ball rather than get into a kicking contest :roll:

3oneday
24th August 2005, 07:27 AM
Union is alot more enjoyable. You actually have to think sometimes unlike league...oh actually maybe that counts you out then..... :wink:oh, absolutely, nothing better than lying on the ground having someone scrape their sprigs down your back, 35 times !!! :shock: :shock: :shock: oh yes, bring it on :P :P

Not

Fishman Dan
24th August 2005, 10:12 AM
Union is alot more enjoyable. You actually have to think sometimes unlike league...oh actually maybe that counts you out then..... :wink:oh, absolutely, nothing better than lying on the ground having someone scrape their sprigs down your back, 35 times !!! :shock:  :shock:  :shock: oh yes, bring it on  :P  :P

Not

Even i can defend rucking in Ra Ra - if you're lying on the ball, expect some sprig-work!!! You've got no right to be on top of the ball! :twisted:

I thought you league boys were tough?? Oh yeah, tough in league is 3 people tackling 1 bloke, then giving him a work over on the ground once the tackle is made, seeing as though he can't defend himself :roll: :lol:

drunken
24th August 2005, 06:40 PM
Even i can defend rucking in Ra Ra - if you're lying on the ball, expect some sprig-work!!! You've got no right to be on top of the ball! :twisted:

THATS THE SPIRIT FISHY!!! Nothing the occasional mountain climbing expedition. If your lying on the bottom of the ruck regularly then you're doing something wrong. i.e. ur the tackled & should be getting straight up and trying to nick the pill...or you're lazy & don't hit hard when cleaning out.

3oneday
24th August 2005, 07:28 PM

THATS THE SPIRIT FISHY!!! Nothing the occasional mountain climbing expedition. If your lying on the bottom of the ruck regularly then you're doing something wrong. i.e. ur the tackled & should be getting straight up and trying to nick the pill...or you're lazy & don't hit hard when cleaning out.you two should get a red jumper and wrap it around each other :roll: :roll: :smt056

Start your own thread, rah rah girls :shock: :lol: :lol:

drunken
25th August 2005, 06:15 AM
That's ok pete. We all know about ur Indian Giving tendancies :wink: