PDA

View Full Version : Pure Grips ($2.49 USD each) Group Buy (ORDER CLOSED!)

MegaWatty
9th February 2010, 01:29 AM
Not sure why I'm doing another group buy. But I guess it's the whole community thing. :)

Mike at Pure Grips has offered us his grips for $2.49USD plus postage.

There's already a thread on these grips and you can go to www.puregrips.com

You'd also be paying about another 7 bucks for postage from me.

So....anyone keen?

Megawatty - 20 Medium Wrap
dhills2 - 15 Medium Wrap
Rodders - 30 Pro .600
Virge - 50 Pro .600
TourFit - 20 Soft Wrap .600 and 15 Pro .600
Just - 15 MS Wrap
Daves - 15 MS Wrap
IDGolfguy - 15 MS Wrap
CobraSS - 15 Medium Wrap
Henno - 15 Pro .580
Oncewasagolfer - 15 Pro .600

Air Gun Attachments ($25 USD if we get 5)
Tourfit - 1
Rodders - 1
ID - 1
dhills2 - 1
CobraSS - 1
Virge - 1
Henno - 1
Oncewasagolfer - 1

adlo
9th February 2010, 01:35 AM
Some people never learn......

MegaWatty
9th February 2010, 01:37 AM
Well, you know...some people just want a mention in the Nice Guy thread. ;)

When it's that good a deal, it'd be criminal not to share.

henno
9th February 2010, 08:07 AM
It's a shame they don't have midzide in the Pure Pro grips. The wraps look ok though, as long as they aren't too soft.

I might be interested in some, depending on how much shipping is from the US and them from WA.

just
9th February 2010, 09:25 AM
It's a shame they don't have midzide in the Pure Pro grips. The wraps look ok though, as long as they aren't too soft.
I have the midsize wraps, so you can try them next game we have. I'm hoping I can get drop off some wedges to Perci for re-shafting, so you might be able to try them there later in the week.

I might be interested in some, depending on how much shipping is from the US and them from WA.
I'll be in for some depending on shipping.

MegaWatty
9th February 2010, 10:35 AM
Once I get an indication of numbers, then I can get the postage costs. As per the OP, it'll cost about 7 bucks from WA to anywhere in Aus.

I reckon these grips are the Ducks Nuts.

Daves
9th February 2010, 10:37 AM
Did he mention any deal on the installation gun? It looks a pretty neat bit of gear, is it is as good as it looks?

MegaWatty
9th February 2010, 10:45 AM
It's good. Only thing I find with the air is that farting vibration coming out of the grips. Sometimes it makes it a little difficult to get the grips on, but it's still heaps dater than tape and solvent!

I've asked for a deal for one.

dhills2
9th February 2010, 11:15 AM
I'm keen for 15 ;) Do they have any putter grips?

MegaWatty
9th February 2010, 11:17 AM
No putter grips.

What type you after?

dhills2
9th February 2010, 12:02 PM
Something like a Winn midsize pistol. Just wanting to experiment with something a little thicker than the stock grip on my TM Monza Rossa Corza. I'll probably just grab something from a local pro shop ;)

rodders
9th February 2010, 01:02 PM
Nice grips guys.

I got two Scratch wedges delivered in the week. Scratch just changed their standard grips to Pure and I have to say that I am impressed. Nice soft feel with plenty of grip.

MW - please put me down for 15.

virge666
9th February 2010, 03:26 PM
Yeah I will take 15 as well.

For other guys out there - they have the air hose attachment for tapeless installation.

$35

MegaWatty
9th February 2010, 03:36 PM
25 bucks for the installation guns if we order 5 or more.

TourFit
9th February 2010, 03:47 PM
MW...

...please put me down for an air hose attachment and 14 grips please...the softest wrap grip (red).

just
9th February 2010, 04:03 PM
Mega
I checked my shed and I am down to my last few so put me down for 15 Midsize wraps.

Daves
9th February 2010, 04:06 PM
Can you put me down for 15 Midsize wraps and an air tool please.

Cheers

Dave

rodders
9th February 2010, 04:32 PM
MW - the 15 grips I want are the Tour Pro.

Given the great price on the guns, put me down as well.

Thanks for the effort!

idgolfguy
9th February 2010, 04:45 PM
I'm in for 15 and air gun, MW. I will look on the website for the type of grip and update the post.

parlyboy
9th February 2010, 04:48 PM
id like some but not sure which ones. I got standard hogan blades with original grip. They feel a bit small for my man hands.

How do i find out which ones i need?

parlyboy
9th February 2010, 05:01 PM
how much for the air gun?

They have a package on the bay for about $100 (13 grips +gun)

MegaWatty
9th February 2010, 05:02 PM
id like some but not sure which ones. I got standard hogan blades with original grip. They feel a bit small for my man hands.

How do i find out which ones i need?

They are .580, so they will go on a bit bigger than standard. Otherwise, the midsize are like having about 3 to 4 papers under it.

I'm using the Pure Wrap Mediums and they feel great!

MegaWatty
9th February 2010, 05:03 PM

25 bucks US plus postage if we scramble up 5.

This deal seems better!

parlyboy
9th February 2010, 05:06 PM
25 bucks US plus postage if we scramble up 5.

This deal seems better!

Yeah it does. Never put grips on before so should be interesting.

Just hope i can get the old ones off. How long till you make your order.

Im a 99% yes but havent decided which grip to get.

MegaWatty
9th February 2010, 05:09 PM
Yeah it does. Never put grips on before so should be interesting.

Just hope i can get the old ones off. How long till you make your order.

Im a 99% yes but havent decided which grip to get.

Probably within the week to allow for others to jump in, and to account for my laziness.

As for you old ones, just cut them off with a knife and throw then in the bin! A blade straight up one side and a bit of a yank, and they'll peel off. Then you just need to rip off any excess paper (a hair dryer or heat gun helps) and clean the shafts up.

They have a video on how to blow these puppies on.

henno
9th February 2010, 05:22 PM

You can get the airgun and 13 grips from RBG for $US49 plus shipping. Just so you know.

MegaWatty
9th February 2010, 05:24 PM
You can get the airgun and 13 grips from RBG for $US49 plus shipping. Just so you know.

Only the Pro model. Shipping is 30 bucks I think. I was about to do an order there but wanted the Medium Wraps.

virge666
9th February 2010, 05:27 PM
Hang on a tic

$25 for the gun
2.50 for each grip...

and you are telling me that a gun and 13 grips is $100.

Ummm . . . No.

MegaWatty
9th February 2010, 05:34 PM
Hang on a tic

$25 for the gun
2.50 for each grip...

Ummm . . . No.

That's a deal they have for punters buying direct from their website.

oncewasagolfer
9th February 2010, 05:35 PM
Hang on a tic

$25 for the gun
2.50 for each grip...

Ummm . . . No.

I was thinking the same thing:-k

parlyboy
9th February 2010, 05:35 PM
Hang on a tic

$25 for the gun
2.50 for each grip...

Ummm . . . No.

Hope i have not confused anyone. THat was from Ebay. Not from puregrips.
Do the math and it should be about $3 AUS each x 13 = $39 ish plus postage just for grips.

parlyboy
9th February 2010, 05:38 PM
id probably get about 5 grips done from local pro for $100....lol

idgolfguy
9th February 2010, 05:46 PM
15 x Pure Midsize Soft and Airgun please

dhills2
9th February 2010, 07:46 PM
MW... my 15 will be the Pure wraps (green) & I'll grab a gun as well. Cheers :)

puregrips
10th February 2010, 11:52 AM
Good Day all. Michael Smith, Co-founder of PUREgrips..had to sign up and thank you all you guys for posts. Darren especially.

FYI, you will be happy to know that we have signed a Young Aussie on the PGA Tour...we are very excited about this and all your support..thanks guys from all of us in Phoenix.

dhills2
11th February 2010, 10:15 AM
Good Day all. Michael Smith, Co-founder of PUREgrips..had to sign up and thank you all you guys for posts. Darren especially.

FYI, you will be happy to know that we have signed a Young Aussie on the PGA Tour...we are very excited about this and all your support..thanks guys from all of us in Phoenix.

Are you the gentleman flushing the ball on the clip on the website? :lol:

Anyway, I'm sure I speak for all of us here when I say... great first post & thanks for your efforts re the group buy arranged through Darren. I can't wait to get my hands on these pure grips after all the good things I've been hearing.

Also can't wait to suss out who you're referring to on the Tour. I think you're on a good thing there... the Aussies are on fire this year :wink:

just
11th February 2010, 10:21 AM
Mike
Thanks for posting, always nice to hear from the blokes who make the things we use! You might like this thread as well:
http://www.ozgolf.net/forums/showthread.php?t=16891&highlight=pure
What's a bloke got to do to get some credit around here!:mrgreen:

MegaWatty
11th February 2010, 10:34 AM
Everyone needs their 15 minutes just!

Yossarian
11th February 2010, 10:51 AM
Mike
Thanks for posting, always nice to hear from the blokes who make the things we use! You might like this thread as well:
http://www.ozgolf.net/forums/showthread.php?t=16891&highlight=pure
What's a bloke got to do to get some credit around here!:mrgreen:

Shameless!

I thought you did it for the fans just for the love. Not for the cred.

:lol:

virge666
11th February 2010, 10:58 AM

That's what we like to see - involvement from a supplier.

Outstanding.

Make my order 50 grips with thanks.

MegaWatty
11th February 2010, 11:02 AM
I think I might up mine too. I've got to grip up the X20 Tours and i3s. I wonder where they both came from...:-k

So Virge. You do want 50 yeah?

And Mike, thanks for popping in. It is always good to have the bosses around.

virge666
11th February 2010, 11:07 AM
So Virge. You do want 50 yeah?

Yes please.

They seem to have the same manufacturing process as Star Grips, and I am a huge fan of theirs.

I think, like Star Grips, they use injected moulding instead of rolling - it makes a much better and more consistant grip.

MegaWatty
11th February 2010, 11:10 AM
Do you know which ones you want yet?

I'll probably do the order after the weekend.

virge666
11th February 2010, 12:06 PM
Do you know which ones you want yet?

I'll probably do the order after the weekend.

Pure Pro please.

I hate wraps...

dhills2
11th February 2010, 12:07 PM
MW, could I get the Pure wraps (green)(ie. standard size)... not the midsize... I have tiny carny hands that smell of cabbage :)

MegaWatty
11th February 2010, 12:17 PM
Yours are the medium softness, not the midsize. :)

puregrips
11th February 2010, 12:20 PM
Guys, thanks for all the posts. I am hoping I wont offend anyone by not replying to all..any questions or concerns and you can email me seperately. With that out of the way....I will announce that we have signed Matt Jones to an endorsement deal. We are meeting with him in Scottsdale on Tuesday for a photo shoot and you guys can most likely see him blowing his own grips on with our gun..lol. Also, another bit of Aussie news, we do most of the grips for your guys at Piranha..fun bunch of guys. Now we just need to make a trip down under...I love saying Good day mate..

puregrips
11th February 2010, 12:24 PM
Quick FYI, we have the PURE Pros and Pure Soft available in .600 now.

dhills2
11th February 2010, 12:25 PM
My bad :)

Btw, PM me re your interest in the Nickent Evolver from RBG ;)

Thanks Mega.

puregrips
11th February 2010, 12:36 PM
dHills, I only wish that was me flushing the ball, it's actually the HP at Daniels Island CC in Charleston, SC. We filmed the video there...sweet course.

Dado
11th February 2010, 07:42 PM

CobraSS
11th February 2010, 09:10 PM
Put me down for 15 Pure Wrap Mediums and 1 air gun attachment please. 8-)

MegaWatty
12th February 2010, 02:53 AM
Dado. You change your mind?

MegaWatty
12th February 2010, 02:57 AM
Guys with Pure Pros, please advise .580 or .600

Tourfit, you also have this option.

rodders
12th February 2010, 07:34 AM
MW. Can you bump me up to 30 Pro grips. .600 thanks Mate.

virge666
12th February 2010, 08:22 AM
Cheers MW - .6 for me please.

TourFit
12th February 2010, 11:45 AM
MW...can you make my Pure Soft's .600" please! And make the quantity 15 as well.

Also, can I add another 15 of the Pure Pro's....600"

MegaWatty
12th February 2010, 11:56 AM
Wow. This order is getting big! The guys getting the attachments will probably get them a little cheaper again. Looks like Mike is gonna look after you guys too!

virge666
12th February 2010, 12:34 PM
My attachment is 7 years old...

Grab me an atttachment as well..

Are these guys in league with Star Grips... can you ask please ?

zigwah
12th February 2010, 12:47 PM
put me down for 10 if they are as good Star Grips .600 Pure pros please Mega

zigwah
12th February 2010, 01:16 PM
scrap that mega i dont need new grips

dhills2
12th February 2010, 01:24 PM
With that out of the way....I will announce that we have signed Matt Jones to an endorsement deal.

Currently tied for 5th at Pebble. Equal lowest round on Spyglass with Duval & Sendo. C'mon Matt!! :smt038

MegaWatty
12th February 2010, 02:48 PM
scrap that mega i dont need new grips

You sure Zig?

MegaWatty
12th February 2010, 05:29 PM
Aussie Dollar is making a nice comeback. Hopefully it has a few more good nights before the order goes out.

adlo
12th February 2010, 05:31 PM
Can I please get one million grips?

http://www.canpages.ca/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/dr-evil.jpg

henno
12th February 2010, 05:36 PM
I'm still keen. Might even grab the tool considering the order is getting larger and Mike should look after us.

MegaWatty
12th February 2010, 05:44 PM
We've currently got one free tool, so the discount that this equates to will be divided between the guys that have ordered one.

adlo
12th February 2010, 05:46 PM
MW, you get my order?

I'm just trying to keep your group buy track record alive!!

MegaWatty
12th February 2010, 05:49 PM
You goose!

Please get out of my Van Halen T-Shirt before you jinx the band and they break up.

puregrips
12th February 2010, 11:13 PM
G day mates.....I see there have been some questions concerning Star.Hopefully I can answer these questions, I was a salesman for them in the past. Things didn't work out there, obviously..lol. I moved on and with the help of my two partners, we formed PURE Grips. The process is still injection molding but we have come up with an original blend rubber formula that utilizes improve feel and texture in the grip. Along with a High Tech molding process our grips out preform other grips on the market. Visually you will notice similarities simply because the process is similar, performance and feel wise,will see for yourself the difference.

I'm meeting Matt on Tuesday and I am going to mention you guys and your support.

Stay tuned for video on our website of Matt installing grips, I'm putting the PRO to work..lol

Thanks again guys for the support..

MegaWatty
12th February 2010, 11:15 PM
Are these guys in league with Star Grips... can you ask please ?

Question asked. Response sent to you via PM.

henno
12th February 2010, 11:20 PM
Response sent to you via PM.

What, not worthy of informing the rest of us?

MegaWatty
12th February 2010, 11:22 PM
Hmmmmm. The response mentions Star, so I thought it only fair not to put it up. More than willing to PM you though. Jar out of courtesy to Mike. It's not offensive, but probably his choice whether he posts it publicly.

Henno...PM on the way.

henno
13th February 2010, 12:01 AM
Fair enough. The following line made me chuckle though. It says a lot without actually saying anything.

Improved technology to make the grips more performance driven.

I do like to drive my grips with performance from technology that is improved. :-k :smt044

MegaWatty
13th February 2010, 12:03 AM
You got your drunk on?

oncewasagolfer
13th February 2010, 08:42 AM
Damn I would like to get on the bandwagon but funds not permitting. Anyone want to buy any golf gear hehe? Great to see a manufacturer willing to back their product and speak to the unwashed masses:)

virge666
13th February 2010, 09:31 AM
Fair enough. The following line made me chuckle though. It says a lot without actually saying anything.

I do like to drive my grips with performance from technology that is improved. :-k :smt044

Agreed - why could they not just say - "We think we have a better formula or rubber compound"

But . . . That being said. Star Grips made the best grips I ever used - they aren't hard and they aren't squishy, they are easy to get off and on, don't slip, and last for AGES !!. My only complaint is in humidity.

I will be interested in a comparison.

MegaWatty
13th February 2010, 11:05 AM
Not sure if Matt Jones is already using Pure Grips, but he's sitting =1 at the moment!

Flavzz
13th February 2010, 10:00 PM
These look real nice mega, can I still get in on this?

OZgolf Mod
13th February 2010, 10:04 PM
G day mates.....I see there have been some questions concerning Star.Hopefully I can answer these questions, I was a salesman for them in the past. Things didn't work out there, obviously..lol. I moved on and with the help of my two partners, we formed PURE Grips. The process is still injection molding but we have come up with an original blend rubber formula that utilizes improve feel and texture in the grip. Along with a High Tech molding process our grips out preform other grips on the market. Visually you will notice similarities simply because the process is similar, performance and feel wise,will see for yourself the difference.

I'm meeting Matt on Tuesday and I am going to mention you guys and your support.

Stay tuned for video on our website of Matt installing grips, I'm putting the PRO to work..lol

Thanks again guys for the support..Post approved.

virge666
13th February 2010, 10:08 PM
Top Effort - Happy to be part of it.

Flavzz
13th February 2010, 10:33 PM
I have relatively new AP2's and the Titleist Golf Pride M580 grips are A+ condition so my question is can they be removed without cutting them so I may be able to sell or reuse them later?

Basically I would just like something tackier like the Pure's but if I have to cut them off then it may not be worth it..

virge666
13th February 2010, 10:34 PM
I have relatively new AP2's and the Titleist Golf Pride M580 grips are A+ condition so my question is can they be removed without cutting them so I may be able to sell or reuse them later?

Basically I would just like something tackier like the Pure's but if I have to cut them off then it may not be worth it..

Cord or rubber ?

Flavzz
13th February 2010, 10:39 PM
Rubber Virge

virge666
14th February 2010, 12:11 AM
Needle and petrol will do it

you can't use an aircompressor as the OEM use 2 inch grip tape

MegaWatty
14th February 2010, 01:44 AM
Needle and petrol will do it

you can't use an aircompressor as the OEM use 2 inch grip tape

True dat. I blew one up the other day (Lamkin CL Cord)! Bloody noisy!

As Virge said, Petrol or solvent. There's another one that Tourfit uses. He might pipe in. Probably not as smelly as petrol.

These look real nice mega, can I still get in on this?

I think they're nice. Gimme what you want, and you're in mate!

TourFit
15th February 2010, 12:26 PM
Shellite is what I use...a little less fumes and cleaner. Does the same job.

MegaWatty
15th February 2010, 12:28 PM
2nd last call.

Flavz... Henno?

henno
15th February 2010, 12:35 PM
Put me down for 15 of the Pure Pros and a gun thinger.

just
15th February 2010, 12:39 PM
Put me down for 15 of the Pure Pros and a gun thinger.
Did I ever answer your question? The gun thinger has made putting on grips much easier.

henno
15th February 2010, 12:43 PM
No you didn't actually, but that's good to know.

So the little plastic doo-dad on the end makes the world of difference? Better seal? Easier to hold th grip in place? Both?

Flavzz
15th February 2010, 05:39 PM
Will this be available in the future? I think I'll have to pass this time due to finances and too much ho-ing of late...

Thanks Mega

virge666
15th February 2010, 05:56 PM
I will have some in stock - I can send you some...

At a 300% markup of course.

:)

virge666
15th February 2010, 05:56 PM
Are we bought and ordered yet ?

just
15th February 2010, 06:29 PM
No you didn't actually, but that's good to know.

So the little plastic doo-dad on the end makes the world of difference? Better seal? Easier to hold th grip in place? Both?
Bit of both, but the better seal especially has been the big gain.

Daves
15th February 2010, 06:37 PM
Bit of both, but the better seal especially has been the big gain.

So we can have a "Tupperware" type day when all our grips and gun arrive? We bring the beers and Just does the demos!8)

just
15th February 2010, 07:22 PM
No problems, I have a big shed with a beer fridge.

MegaWatty
15th February 2010, 11:16 PM
Parlyboy.... You in?

Flavz...I'm willing to spot you for a few weeks if you want?

Order going to Mike tonight!!!!

MegaWatty
15th February 2010, 11:18 PM
Henno .600?

henno
15th February 2010, 11:21 PM
0.580 please.

MegaWatty
15th February 2010, 11:23 PM
Lucky! :)

parlyboy
15th February 2010, 11:33 PM
im out this time Mega, looking at AP2 irons now. Just not keen on Drummonds price tag.

Thanks anyway.

MegaWatty
15th February 2010, 11:35 PM
No probs mate.

henno
15th February 2010, 11:35 PM
Lucky! :)

Wouldn't have mattered either way. Nothing a bit of tape can't fix.

MegaWatty
15th February 2010, 11:41 PM
Wouldn't have mattered either way. Nothing a bit of tape can't fix.

True dat.

Chris32
17th February 2010, 08:49 AM
A mate of mine is keen for a doz, if he hasn't missed the boat already?

puregrips
17th February 2010, 09:09 AM
Hey guys, just an FYI, spent the morning with Matt Jones, mention this group to him and he says HEY to all his Aussie friends. BTW, he gave me a quick lesson in chipping before kicking my *** in a little contest..Thanks again for all your support

oncewasagolfer
17th February 2010, 09:30 AM
is this done and dusted?

MegaWatty
17th February 2010, 10:42 AM
Absolute last chance guys. Mikes been out and about so getting a postage quote has taken a little longer.

Let me know quickly!!!

TourFit
17th February 2010, 12:43 PM
MW...can you increase my order to 20 Soft Wraps please.

virge666
17th February 2010, 01:07 PM
Absolute last chance guys. Mikes been out and about so getting a postage quote has taken a little longer.

Let me know quickly!!!

Enough with the excuses . . .

Let's do this puppy.

:)

MegaWatty
17th February 2010, 02:23 PM
The bastard's at the Matchplay!

oncewasagolfer
17th February 2010, 03:24 PM
I will get 15 pro .600 and the air gun attachment if its not too late

MegaWatty
17th February 2010, 06:02 PM
And the $1000 limit is very close...

We'll have to see what the postage and exchange rate do to this!

Do customs go off the invoice or credit card payment?

henno
17th February 2010, 07:23 PM
Best to err on the side of caution. I'm willing to reduce mine (or scrap my whole order) for the greater good. Either that, or first in best dressed.

just
17th February 2010, 07:25 PM
I'm happy to reduce my order too if it helps, since I'm only buying spares.

idgolfguy
17th February 2010, 07:36 PM
I'm happy to cancel if need be.

schwartzy
17th February 2010, 08:01 PM
If I have not missed the boat, put me down for 15 of the pure pros in 0.580"

henno
17th February 2010, 08:09 PM
If I have not missed the boat, put me down for 15 of the pure pros in 0.580"

I don't want to rock the boat, but we're all offering to reducing our orders to get under the duty limit. It'd be a fair assumption to make that there's little room left for more grips in this order. (Unless there's a mass dropout of course.)

MegaWatty
17th February 2010, 08:25 PM
Let me do the sums. It was all very raw. We might just make it.

Thanks for all the equivalent of hugs through the offers to drop out. xoxoxo

schwartzy
17th February 2010, 08:42 PM
Absolutely right. My Appologies. I did not read the entire thread before posting. No order for me.

dhills2
17th February 2010, 09:11 PM
I'm willing to dump the gun off my order if that helps anyone :)

MegaWatty
18th February 2010, 01:41 AM
ORDER CLOSED.

Just sorting everything out with Mike. Not easy when he's enjoying the Matchplay! :) I might end up calling him to sort it out.

I should be able to keep it under 1k with some creative accounting.

That's a lot of grips guys!

virge666
18th February 2010, 08:50 AM
Get him to mark it "Gift" or "Product Demo, no commercial value"

MegaWatty
19th February 2010, 03:29 AM
Spoke to Mike and Wendy (GM) tonight. They've got us all sussed. And the order came in WAY under $1000 AUD. ;)

Anyway, I've tried to break up the shipping cost as fairly as possible and came up with the following (All pricing is USD. I'll wait for the conversion charge):

Guns: $8 shipping, but you all got them for $20!
Grips: 51c shipping per grip, so basically $3 USD per grip.

I hope everyone's happy with that. I've done my best at breaking it up fairly.

Here's the other good news. I managed to to fit both OWAG and Schwartzy into the order. Schwartzy, I went out on a limb and ordered you an air hose attachment as well. And yes Daves, I got yours.

When the goods arrive, I'll set up a mini production line and throw them into Auspost Satchels. From memory, $6 should get them to you. Virge, yours may not all fit in a $6 bag.

As for payment, I will PM you my details. Please PM me when you have done the deposit. Obviously it'll be a few days before I get to see the exchange rate.

Cheers!
MW

CobraSS
19th February 2010, 08:48 AM
sounds good, thanks heaps :smt038

Daves
19th February 2010, 09:10 AM
Thanks MW, great work.:smt038 Thanks also to Mike for some very good pricing.:smt038

virge666
19th February 2010, 09:20 AM
Virge, yours may not all fit in a $6 bag.

Not a drama.. where are you based ?

WA based by memory ?

drnick
19th February 2010, 10:13 AM
Buggger, I missed out! :(

S

MegaWatty
19th February 2010, 12:16 PM
Not a drama.. where are you based ?

WA based by memory ?

BING!

Correct.

MegaWatty
19th February 2010, 12:31 PM
By the way, the guys getting the .600's are getting them fresh offthr machine. They've only just started the production of them.

It's a shame that none of us will have a chance to talk to Mike for at least another year. With their grips lasting a long time, why would we need to? He did mention that if yo guys ever want to ask him any questions, just flick him an email directly. He'll pop in here occasionally and check out what everyone thinks of them.

just
19th February 2010, 12:34 PM
Bwahahaha! How many irons sets will some of us go through in a year that will need re-gripping!

3oneday
19th February 2010, 12:38 PM
Bwahahaha! How many irons sets will some of us go through in a year that will need re-gripping!
isn't it easier just to buy new ?

MegaWatty
19th February 2010, 12:41 PM
Hey 3.

This has been far from easy! :)

Yhe air attachment makes regripping easy. And that's why I bought 20 grips to being my collection to 33 in total. ;)

3oneday
19th February 2010, 12:50 PM
Sorry, new it would be misconstrued and I apologise for not being clearer.

It's be easier to buy new irons ;)

MegaWatty
19th February 2010, 12:54 PM
Gotcha.

Still gotta put good grips on new clubs though!

rodders
19th February 2010, 05:37 PM
Thanks MW.

puregrips
20th February 2010, 12:53 AM
Hey MW. your card was declined!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK, just kidding, shipping today guys. Would love to get feedback from all that ordered.

Thanks again guys for everything.

MegaWatty
20th February 2010, 12:54 AM
You bastard! My heart stopped for a second!

oncewasagolfer
20th February 2010, 09:18 AM
thanks mega and mike for getting this done

MegaWatty
26th February 2010, 11:08 AM
They're here! And no GST!

I have today off and it's 40* outside, so I should be able to work out costs etc and PM y'all. Happy days!

oncewasagolfer
26th February 2010, 04:05 PM
cool look forward to getting them

MegaWatty
26th February 2010, 04:08 PM
There's a shit load of grips! I'm taking Tourfit his now and will come back and start the process.

rodders
26th February 2010, 07:18 PM
great work MW !!!

MegaWatty
26th February 2010, 09:06 PM
OK. So $3 USD a grip inc shipping. $28 USD a gun inc shipping. Worst exchange rate of .86. **** you Visa for your extra charges!

I just weighed them, and the bigger post bag is needed as 15 grips and a gun comes to 1kg exactly.

PM's on the way.

MegaWatty
26th February 2010, 09:09 PM
And we were one Pro .600 short, so Virge, I hope you don't mind me taking it out of your 50.

Daves
26th February 2010, 11:39 PM
OK. So $3 USD a grip inc shipping. $28 USD a gun inc shipping. Worst exchange rate of .86. **** you Visa for your extra charges!

I just weighed them, and the bigger post bag is needed as 15 grips and a gun comes to 1kg exactly.

PM's on the way.

Your math looks right to me MW. Will process my payment on the weekend and send you the requested pm.

Cheers and thanks for the hard yards on this one.

MegaWatty
26th February 2010, 11:44 PM
No worries Daves. I try.

dhills2
27th February 2010, 07:32 AM
Just transferred the cash mate & I PMed Adlo re the shafts he is selling me to see if he can send at the same time. Thanks for everything!

MegaWatty
1st March 2010, 09:38 AM
Public holiday today everyone. Grips will ship tomorrow for those that have paid. Postage from WA is ALWAYS slow. Expect AT LEAST a week!

puregrips
2nd March 2010, 11:59 AM
G'day mates..my attempt at blending in..glad to see the grips arrived, looking forward to hearing some feedback. BTW, any of you guys know Piranha Golf? We are making all of there custom grips, Antonio and Steve are a riot, you Aussie's are ranked high on my "buy a beer for" list..lol

MegaWatty
7th March 2010, 12:12 AM
Has anyone's (apart from OWAG's) turned up yet?

There's still three blokes to pay! Going on my Group Buy record, I'll be left with some grips....

Daves
7th March 2010, 12:14 AM

There's still three blokes to pay! Going on my Group Buy record, I'll be left with some grips....

Not here yet MW, but I wasn't expecting them till next week. Monday/Tuesday would be my guess.

MegaWatty
7th March 2010, 12:18 AM
Yeh. I was just seeing if Aus Post have by chance excelled for once. Obviously not! We did have a public holiday last Monday as well so that held them up.

Hope you all enjoy them.

Our Pure Grips ambassador Matt Jones has made the cut this week and is sitting tied 44th.

henno
7th March 2010, 12:57 AM

I paid a while ago but I think I forgot to tell you, and also forgot to let you know where to send them. That probably doesn't help.

PM incoming.

MegaWatty
7th March 2010, 01:15 AM
Roger that.

They're on their way! Soon...

virge666
7th March 2010, 09:45 AM
Nothing on the east coast yet...

oncewasagolfer
7th March 2010, 09:56 AM
I will be looking to get some more grips soon the ones I have installed so far feel great very impressed!

Daves
8th March 2010, 05:21 PM
My package arrived this afternoon.:smt023 Thanks MW.

virge666
8th March 2010, 05:31 PM
So did mine

Thanks mate

3oneday
8th March 2010, 11:00 PM
I will be looking to get some more grips soon the ones I have installed so far feel great very impressed!

should they feel pure ??? :confused:

;)

oncewasagolfer
9th March 2010, 09:38 AM
dunno but they do feel good

CobraSS
9th March 2010, 02:42 PM
Mine turned up today, Thanks.

markTHEblake
9th March 2010, 07:51 PM
Is this what you blokes are gettin?
http://www.golf247.com.au/
$90 for 13 grips, plus the gun and the clamp.

grandmasterb
9th March 2010, 08:02 PM

That's the one mate and its cheaper than buying direct from the site.

Daves
9th March 2010, 08:02 PM

It was about $85 AUD for 15 grips and the gun Blakey. Another $9.50 for domestic onforwarding from MW. Just under $95 AUD all up.

rodders
9th March 2010, 09:22 PM
Got mine today. Thanks MW!

puregrips
20th April 2010, 01:36 AM
Hey guys, not been on here for a bit, been a bit hectic lately. Just wanted to see how the grips were doing? Working on deal for a possible distributor in New Zealand and Australia, hopefully this will keep shipping costs WAY down. Thanks again guys for all your support.

Any complaints, contact Wendy at Pure Grips..lol.

MegaWatty
20th April 2010, 02:00 AM
Still going strong here Mike! I thought I could have been your Aussie Disty? Where's the love mate? :(

puregrips
20th April 2010, 02:44 AM
Did not know you were interested in being a distributer? Send me an email on your thoughts.

moree golfer
20th April 2010, 06:33 AM
I will need some more grips shortly, do you have any leftover Mega? If not is there anyone looking for grips that we can combine shipping?

oncewasagolfer
20th April 2010, 09:49 AM
I wouldn't mind getting some more at some stage. What sort of a deal can we get on a smaller order Mr Pure grips?

moree golfer
20th April 2010, 10:03 AM
I would buy at least 20 grips. Should I open a fresh thread OWAG?

MegaWatty
20th April 2010, 10:12 AM
Did not know you were interested in being a distributer? Send me an email on your thoughts.
Just a joke mate. It was bad enough trying to distribute them to 8 other guys! :)

oncewasagolfer
21st April 2010, 09:43 AM
I would buy at least 20 grips. Should I open a fresh thread OWAG?

might be a good idea depending on price I might go another 20 as well. Think the exchange rate is a bit better than last time if that helps.

Flavzz
21st April 2010, 07:42 PM
keen for a new group buy down the track

puregrips
22nd April 2010, 03:03 AM
Whenever you guys are ready we can start another order, I'm easy..lol...we can do a tiered pricing
1-5 cases $2.49
6-10 cases $2.29
11-20 cases $2.09
20 + cases $1.95

150 parts in a case.

We can figure pricing on guns if there is need for them also.

moree golfer
22nd April 2010, 08:56 AM
Thanks for replying Mike. I will attempt to round up enough interest to purchase a case. Does the case need to be all the same model or can it contain various models? Also I would be after .600 grips to go on S300/KBS Tours, do you have them in Pure Pro stock? At present I think we have at least 40 so far, another 110 to go...

What is the feedback on the various models, is there anyone who bought a softer type who thought it was too squishy?

virge666
22nd April 2010, 09:12 AM
I will take another 50 if the order goes. . .

I like them and so do my mates. They are a great feeling grip with good control and very easy to install and remove.

Tis all good.

Lucasto23
22nd April 2010, 09:29 AM
I'll take 20 grips :)

moree golfer
22nd April 2010, 09:30 AM
What model are you guys after, the Pure Pro model?

moree golfer
22nd April 2010, 09:32 AM
keen for a new group buy down the track
How many are you after Flavzz? This is not a firm commitment yet, just making sure I don't get lumped with 50 more grips than I need.

Lucasto23
22nd April 2010, 09:34 AM
Pure pro model mate

Eldrick
22nd April 2010, 09:43 AM
i might be keen
i want to try a mid size grip
ill check my shafts and see what type i need

Flavzz
22nd April 2010, 09:52 AM
I'd take 15 +maybe 1 or 2 spares. Do u guys generally play them on your driver/fairways or just your irons?

Daggs
22nd April 2010, 11:27 AM
Ok ill be in probably 15 midsize (for someone else) and 15 pro's + a gun . (self)
Re:- pure pro's ..... ive got DG S300's how much difference would there be between the .580's and .600's on them?
Would prefer to go somewhere near mid-size if that helps .
Do they have shaft clamps to ?
Cheers

PeteyD
22nd April 2010, 11:31 AM
I think they are buying by the box of 150 Dagg's, so not sure you get that much choice mate!

Which grip are you guys buying?

Daggs
22nd April 2010, 11:50 AM
MW got a mix last time so cant see why not, i presumed it was just case quantity (150) their all the same price.
Surely they wouldnt want us to buy 150 of each or they will miss on some sales i would expect.
I guess we'll find out soon enough.

moree golfer
22nd April 2010, 12:52 PM
I think they are buying by the box of 150 Dagg's, so not sure you get that much choice mate!

Which grip are you guys buying?
I thought about that and am pretty sure the previous order was a mixed case. I think the consensus is the Pro but may have some who like a softer/wrap grip. What do you like Petey?

PeteyD
22nd April 2010, 12:54 PM
Boobs!

The pro grip looks good.

moree golfer
22nd April 2010, 01:13 PM
I like boobs also so that makes 2 of us.

Do you wish to get in on the action?

PeteyD
22nd April 2010, 01:46 PM
Not the grip action. Boob action however!

oncewasagolfer
22nd April 2010, 10:26 PM
Want bitty! I will take 20 of the pro .600 thankyou kindly. I have one question about the installation. On the irons I have put them on using the air tool there is a little bit of movement in the butt end of the grip is this normal? I dont mean movement on the shaft I presume the shaft doesn't go right to the end i.e there is a few mills of rubber.

MegaWatty
22nd April 2010, 10:49 PM
Want bitty! I will take 20 of the pro .600 thankyou kindly. I have one question about the installation. On the irons I have put them on using the air tool there is a little bit of movement in the butt end of the grip is this normal? I dont mean movement on the shaft I presume the shaft doesn't go right to the end i.e there is a few mills of rubber.
They've got a pretty thick butt on them so that movement is normal. I have the same thing.

oncewasagolfer
22nd April 2010, 11:28 PM
thanks for the confirmation mega

puregrips
22nd April 2010, 11:34 PM
moree golfer

Plenty of PURE Pro .600 in stock. Good choice on the KBS shafts, our PGA Tour rep also does KBS. SWEET SHAFTS..lol. At present the PURE Pro's are our best selling grip followed by the Red Soft, no comments on "too squishy". The Mid size is the 3rd best selling..the blue and green do ok. Keep in mind with the demand for the grips we are building inventory in all .600 and limited in the ,580's at this point.

puregrips
22nd April 2010, 11:36 PM
BTW, yes you can mix the cases however you like...pain the butt packing them for you guys, I will make the extra effort...lol.

MegaWatty
22nd April 2010, 11:38 PM
Not much love for the greenies eh? I love em!!!

I might try the Pros this time around. :)

puregrips
22nd April 2010, 11:42 PM
Can one of you guys run over to Piranha Golf and tell Antonio to reply to his emails??? lol.

puregrips
22nd April 2010, 11:48 PM
Mega,

The pro's are meant for 20 handicap and below, stick with oversized..lol.

Yossarian
22nd April 2010, 11:49 PM
Mega I can't be bothered reading all this but are you doing another order?

MegaWatty
22nd April 2010, 11:51 PM
Mega,

The pro's are meant for 20 handicap and below, stick with oversized..lol.
Cheeky prick!

MegaWatty
22nd April 2010, 11:52 PM
Mega I can't be bothered reading all this but are you doing another order?
I'm not, but I bet I end up doing it!

Do you want some after touching my grips up today?

Yossarian
22nd April 2010, 11:54 PM
At that price I would grab 13 just to keep as spares for when my winns go. No rush but if you ever do.

MegaWatty
23rd April 2010, 12:01 AM
The new unofficial Pure disty! That'd be me. :P

Ok boys and girls. I'll get a new thread up. The last one ended up a bit of a debacle with exchange rates etc, and I may have lost a bit of coin but I'll do my best to get it right this time around if you guys are keen for me to do it?

Zeusgolf
23rd April 2010, 03:01 AM

Ok boys and girls. I'll get a new thread up. The last one ended up a bit of a debacle with exchange rates etc, and I may have lost a bit of coin but I'll do my best to get it right this time around if you guys are keen for me to do it?

I'm in but direct me to the product selection

oncewasagolfer
23rd April 2010, 08:13 AM
www.puregrips.com (http://www.puregrips.com/)

Daggs
23rd April 2010, 08:37 AM
Will the 580's end up phatr than the 600's

3oneday
23rd April 2010, 09:03 AM

you're either very persistent, or a slow learner :lol:

moree golfer
23rd April 2010, 09:05 AM
I am a little preoccupied with house guests so I am quite happy to let Mega do his thing. I am interested in buying 20 Pro grips .600 butt.

MegaWatty
23rd April 2010, 09:48 AM
I'm a little away from getting an order done. I'll start a new thread when I'm ready.

oncewasagolfer
23rd April 2010, 10:05 AM
no hurry mega thanks for organising the group buy again mate:)

Flavzz
23rd April 2010, 01:46 PM
Def no rush for me mate. Prob won't have funds for a few weeks

MegaWatty
24th April 2010, 12:19 AM
There's a seperate thread for the NEW group buy.

MegaWatty
24th April 2010, 12:20 AM
Will the 580's end up phatr than the 600's
About 1 paper fatter.

puregrips
24th April 2010, 05:17 AM
Stay tuned henno, we discussed that very issue yesterday...