PDA

View Full Version : Hitter vs Swinger

GolfBallWhackerGuy
5th February 2010, 10:25 AM
Gday,
Ive been told (by a random person at the range) that Im a hitter of the ball as opposed to a swinger. Being polite, I just said "Okay...thanks" :roll:
Not sure what being a hitter vs a swinger means - or if being a hitter is better or vice versa.
Any advice from you guys is much appreciated as Im clueless. :smt100 Or is what this random person is saying all nonsense? :-k
Cheers

GolfBallWhackerGuy
5th February 2010, 10:27 AM
Also, dont you just hate it when people randomly give advice/opinion at the range when none has been asked?
(Is this what you guys call "threadjacking"? LoL)

just
5th February 2010, 10:29 AM
Take a look at Tiger, he's a swinger, so I've heard. So you should be able to judge from that.

3oneday
5th February 2010, 10:35 AM
Is this still talking about golf then ?

adlo
5th February 2010, 10:40 AM
Take a look at Tiger, he's a swinger, so I've heard. So you should be able to judge from that.

:smt038

Mate, it is a definition of swinging pattern, mostly as defined by TGM fan boys.

Virge will know more. In fact, I know a few WA boys are into this stuff. No doubt they will chime in when they see your thread.

Knowing your swinging pattern might help you. I, for one, think it is a crock of shit as it just complicates things.

MegaWatty
5th February 2010, 10:46 AM
I've been taught some TGM basics, but I don't understand a lot of the terms/physics behind it all. I'm the sort of bloke that needs to feel what people are trying to teach me. Reading the book would just confuse the crap out of me.

Sorry I can't help. (I think Adlo was looking to me as one of the WA boys). ID may also be able to help.

adlo
5th February 2010, 10:52 AM
IDG or Zeus.

GolfBallWhackerGuy
5th February 2010, 10:54 AM
3oneday, yeah I thought Just was alluding to something else that Tiger is famous for. =)

Adlo/Mega, whats TGM?

sms316
5th February 2010, 10:55 AM
TGM is golf's version of Scientology.

MegaWatty
5th February 2010, 10:58 AM
The Golfing Machine.

It's a different view on teaching, based a lot around physics. I hate physics, so I get someone to interpret the whole thing into everyday bloke terms.

I know where this thread is about to go! Someone call Zig!

adlo
5th February 2010, 11:00 AM
The Golf Machine. (http://www.thegolfingmachine.com/)

A book written by Homer Kelley. It is a book originally written as a bio mechanical break down of the golf swing. However, people have adopted it as their bible and teach from it.

Anyway, I am out of my depth. Some people find great success when studying TGM. No such luck for me, I hate technical mumbo jumbo.

virge666
5th February 2010, 11:02 AM
Gday,
Ive been told (by a random person at the range) that Im a hitter of the ball as opposed to a swinger. Being polite, I just said "Okay...thanks" :roll:
Not sure what being a hitter vs a swinger means - or if being a hitter is better or vice versa.
Any advice from you guys is much appreciated as Im clueless. :smt100 Or is what this random person is saying all nonsense? :-k
Cheers

In it's easiest form,

Swingers pull the club through impact with their left side.
Hitters push the club through impact with their right side.

It is all from Homer Kelly's golf machine book.

PerryGroves
5th February 2010, 11:04 AM
Gday,
Cheers

Could have been a mis diagnosis and you might actually be a switter. All too much for my pea sized brain, bought the book and was too afraid to open it

just
5th February 2010, 11:30 AM
Is this still talking about golf then ?

3oneday, yeah I thought Just was alluding to something else that Tiger is famous for. =)
Who me? I'd never do something like that.

Yossarian
5th February 2010, 01:04 PM

Disgraceful!

just
5th February 2010, 01:29 PM
Disgraceful!
Hey, hey, hey there's no need for that. At least I didn't say look at Elin's swing if he wants to see what a hitter looked like......no wait!

razaar
5th February 2010, 01:37 PM
:lol:

Jarro
5th February 2010, 03:46 PM
Hitter here.

Want to be a swinger though

Pieface
5th February 2010, 03:54 PM
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d147/Videlion/golf/chris_brown.jpg vs http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d147/Videlion/golf/herman-rockefeller.jpg

I advise hitting.

Yossarian
5th February 2010, 04:51 PM
Hey, hey, hey there's no need for that. At least I didn't say look at Elin's swing if he wants to see what a hitter looked like......no wait!

A little late but

:smt038