PDA

View Full Version : Rydges Capricornia resort in Yeppoon

backintheswing
3rd February 2010, 09:15 AM
My son is playing in a Rugby League carnival in Yeppoon in March and all the dad's are staying at Rydges Capricornia. Which is the best course, the Championship course or the Resort Course, as I think I will only have time for one round. I also remembered they used to be called East & West. Does anyone know which is which.

I will be there 3rd -5th March, but not sure when I can play yet as we haven't received the draw for the footy games.

Sydney Hacker
3rd February 2010, 09:24 AM
The championship course is easily the better of the two in my opinion.

Not sure which is the east or west but if I had a choice I would be going for the championship course 9 times out of 10.

razaar
3rd February 2010, 10:11 AM
The east course is the resort course and the championship course is the west course. I find the resort course to be harder, even though it is shorter, because many of its greens are elevated making the greens difficult to hit with the longer clubs. Have played both courses many times from the championship tees.

poidda
3rd February 2010, 10:34 AM
The championship course (or New course) is a much better experience.

With all the rain up there this week, the courses will be in great condition come March.

backintheswing
3rd February 2010, 10:22 PM
Sounds like I might need to squeeze in 2 games.

TheNuclearOne
3rd February 2010, 10:52 PM
Both are worth playing. The Championship course i find quite long and unforgiving and i personally have a much easier time on the shorter Resort one. If you want to play the more serious of the two it's the championship.

Hux
6th February 2010, 08:27 PM
Championship course easily for me. Its spectacular and when we were there in awesome condition. Some incredibly tough pin positions on both courses though.

Freeze Gopher
10th February 2010, 08:54 PM
Just a heads up Backintheswing. Was just looking at the comp calender and the Championship Course will be out of action for maintence / renovation from 22 Feb. Re-opens on 8 March.

Resort course it will have to be. But do yourself a favour and take a quick drive around the back nine of the Championship Course. You will want to come back and play it.
They actually used to be called the Old (Resort) and the New (Championship).
Have a good hit.