PDA

View Full Version : shafts that punch well above their weight

zigwah
2nd February 2010, 09:03 PM
Just like wines, shafts you have used that you would pay more for.

I'm not talking about the fubuki for a slab off a mate.

But shafts out there that are underpriced for their performance?

driver specifically.

Yossarian
2nd February 2010, 09:07 PM
http://www.ozgolf.net/forums/showthread.php?t=16360

http://www.ozgolf.net/forums/showthread.php?t=17031

:-"

henno
2nd February 2010, 09:08 PM
Plain ol' UST V2.

Graf Blue.

zigwah
2nd February 2010, 09:11 PM
http://www.ozgolf.net/forums/showthread.php?t=16360

http://www.ozgolf.net/forums/showthread.php?t=17031

:-"

Completely different question yap yap. :smt038

zigwah
2nd February 2010, 09:13 PM
Plain ol' UST V2.

Graf Blue.

What are they worth, what would you pay for one?

just like a clean skin you get for 5 bux and would happily have paid 30 for it.

not even sure these shafts exist

henno
2nd February 2010, 09:14 PM
Oh you mean that cheap. You'll have to speak to Blakey about "cleanskin" shafts.

zigwah
2nd February 2010, 09:16 PM
doesnt have to be ultra cheap ive paid 17 dollars for a bottle of wine and would have gladly paid 60 for it, it just has punch above it's weight. in your opinion.

Jarro
2nd February 2010, 09:17 PM
Aldila NV

Captain Nemo
2nd February 2010, 09:19 PM
UST Axivcore's.
The price Virge could get them for a while back was rediculous seeing as though they retail for US $140!

just
2nd February 2010, 09:21 PM
Completely different question yap yap. :smt038
Completely different. The fact that people keep humouring you is the dissapointing part, they are the ones that should feel ashamed.

zigwah
2nd February 2010, 09:28 PM
this is a golf forum isn't it? do we all like cheap products that are good? do you just wanna crap on about wether you should pay 10 bux or not?

Some of you clowns really need to get over yourselves it's a forum, and froums die if there is no chat, or idle chat , or bullshit this forum covers all these things.

I want to ask questions about shafts i will, if you dont like it pull your head in and don't click on it, it's not hard, better still put me on ignore.

And yoss some of the crap you and others blabber on about you don't see me continually telling you to bring something new to the table fwend buddy burglar sandbagger ho whatever if you don't like my thoughts and opinions don't read em, ignore me i do it to a lot of threads here, i just dont bang on about.

Yossarian
2nd February 2010, 09:29 PM
Yeah but I admit I am full of shit.

this is a golf forum isn't it? do we all like cheap products that are good? do you just wanna crap on about wether you should pay 10 bux or not?

Some of you clowns really need to get over yourselves it's a forum, and froums die if there is no chat, or idle chat , or bullshit this forum covers all these things.

Sure.

And yoss some of the crap you and others blabber on about you don't see me continually telling you to bring something new to the table fwend buddy burglar sandbagger ho whatever if you don't like my thoughts and opinions don't read em, ignore me i do it to a lot of threads here, i just dont bang on about.

But then you say this.

Daves
2nd February 2010, 09:31 PM
Here we go, popcorn in the microwave.

freddy a
2nd February 2010, 09:42 PM
Graphite Design Purple Ice

Courty
2nd February 2010, 09:44 PM
Graphite Design Aura range

zigwah
2nd February 2010, 09:47 PM
prices, what range do you put them in?

backintheswing
2nd February 2010, 09:48 PM
Zig, I bought a tour issue Cleveland Launcher head recently and finally found a Grafalloy ProLaunch Red to throw in it. I hit a high ball, and this shaft for me is awesome. I got it off Ebay for $21.

zigwah
2nd February 2010, 09:51 PM
Zig, I bought a tour issue Cleveland Launcher head recently and finally found a Grafalloy ProLaunch Red to throw in it. I hit a high ball, and this shaft for me is awesome. I got it off Ebay for $21.

now were getting somewhere

Johnny Canuck
2nd February 2010, 09:52 PM
I'm looking forward to a good read when I get back from basketball. Please don't disappoint me guys!

Dotty
2nd February 2010, 09:54 PM
One man's fish is another man's poison.

No good saving money, Zig, if it stuffs up your game (and costs twice as much to get back on track).

Personally, Aldila and TM MAS2 work for me.
But Virge has a garden full of Aldila pullouts, and Victorian clubfitter has the same with MAS shafts.

ps. Yoss may claim to be FOS, but he sells good cheap shafts.

3oneday
2nd February 2010, 09:54 PM
Wankers

Courty
2nd February 2010, 09:56 PM
Any of the GD Aura range can be had for under $100 new

KristianJ
2nd February 2010, 10:16 PM
One man's fish is another man's poison.

No good saving money, Zig, if it stuffs up your game (and costs twice as much to get back on track).

Personally, Aldila and TM MAS2 work for me.
But Virge has a garden full of Aldila pullouts, and Victorian clubfitter has the same with MAS shafts.

ps. Yoss may claim to be FOS, but he sells good cheap shafts.

Oh great...that means I'll be there forever picking one out for my Srixon M-Steel when I buy his AP2s tomorrow. :lol:

Dotty
2nd February 2010, 10:24 PM
Oh great...that means I'll be there forever picking one out for my Srixon M-Steel when I buy his AP2s tomorrow. :lol:
Tonight's handy hint ... Colour should be low on your requirements list.

KristianJ
2nd February 2010, 10:48 PM
Stiff with low/mid trajectory is first and foremost...I don't give a toss if it's pink, purple or rainbow coloured, really.