PDA

View Full Version : Burner TP - first round impressions

oz
30th January 2010, 08:13 PM
Got my 07 Burner TP from Rick3003 yesterday, but had no chance to give it a try-out before today's round. I managed to hit 4 old balls down the range, just before heading to the tee. I decided to put it in the bag for the round, anyway.

Firstly, I have to say this is one SOLID clubhead. Feels great off the clubface. Sits square, to a hair open, and just lays beautifully behind the ball.

Ball flight for me was a nice mid-high, flat trajectory, pretty straight, with maybe just the gentlest hint of fade.

I think I like it from a slightly lower tee, and hit some absolute fairway splitters with it today. Hit one big block, and a snappy-tom too. :)

Distance is very respectable, and very consistent. Probably 5-7 yards or so better than the R7 on similar strikes, but quite a bit more solid feeling (and more forgiving, too, I think).

I love the shaft, too, which is the ProLaunch Red in stiff. Feels identical to my old favourite, the ProLite 35s.

For a first venture out, with no getting-to-know-you time, I was very happy with this driver, and can see that we may have a bit of a future together. ;)

Thanks to rick3003 for another nice deal. :)

Jarro
30th January 2010, 08:17 PM
They certainly are a good, solid driver aren't they 8)

oz
30th January 2010, 08:22 PM
I have a bit of a soft spot for TM drivers - with some old faves like the 540XD & the R7, but this thing is the most solid feeling TM I have ever hit - in the same vein as the old Titty 975J / 976D series'. Very sweet.

Jarro
30th January 2010, 08:25 PM
I have a bit of a soft spot for TM drivers - with some old faves like the 540XD & the R7, but this thing is the most solid feeling TM I have ever hit - in the same vein as the old Titty 975J / 976D series'. Very sweet.

As somebody here has stated once before, it's like the great old 510TP on steroids !!! :shock:

enjoy :mrgreen:

TheNuclearOne
30th January 2010, 10:52 PM
Good driver. The last week i've dabbled with a 2009 Burner TP and am astounded by it so far. For me personally it has been noticably better than both versions of the 2007 TP, good as that was. Most underrated and under the radar driver of 2009 for mine. The hype surrounding the R9's put this in the shadows but for me it's a much much better driver.

rick3003
30th January 2010, 11:12 PM
Forgot to mention it has some hot melt which would make it feel that little more solid.

Glad its working out!

Captain Nemo
1st February 2010, 12:28 PM
Got my 07 Burner TP from Rick3003 yesterday, but had no chance to give it a try-out before today's round. I managed to hit 4 old balls down the range, just before heading to the tee. I decided to put it in the bag for the round, anyway.

Firstly, I have to say this is one SOLID clubhead. Feels great off the clubface. Sits square, to a hair open, and just lays beautifully behind the ball.

Ball flight for me was a nice mid-high, flat trajectory, pretty straight, with maybe just the gentlest hint of fade.

I think I like it from a slightly lower tee, and hit some absolute fairway splitters with it today. Hit one big block, and a snappy-tom too. :)

Distance is very respectable, and very consistent. Probably 5-7 yards or so better than the R7 on similar strikes, but quite a bit more solid feeling (and more forgiving, too, I think).

I love the shaft, too, which is the ProLaunch Red in stiff. Feels identical to my old favourite, the ProLite 35s.

For a first venture out, with no getting-to-know-you time, I was very happy with this driver, and can see that we may have a bit of a future together. ;)

Thanks to rick3003 for another nice deal. :)

I sold this 2 Rick a couple of years ago bought the head and had it built to my specs, big mistake!:oops:
Tried many since, ended up getting another one of 3od.
Reshafted it with a few different shafts, outstanding club with all the shafts ive tried, just so solid feeling.
So good ive sold my r9 ( which i tried over 8 different shafts!) it could never match the performace of the Burner TP!:smt038
Wont be getting rid of this one any time soon.
Well done on your purchase, if you get sick of it, i'llbuy the head of you no matter what condition its in!:)

Dazza
1st February 2010, 08:56 PM
I've said it before, and I'll say it again. It'll take one helluva driver to knock my 07 Version 1 TP out of my bag!

Captain Nemo
2nd February 2010, 10:31 AM
I'm hearing ya brother!:smt038