PDA

View Full Version : Riverlakes Pro-Am 2/4/05

Keza_G
8th March 2005, 04:48 PM
OK Guys, need to get in quick for this. Spots fillining up fast.

$50 entry. Includes Green Fees, Cart hire & Nibblies.
Shot gun starts at either 6am or 12.15pm. 3 players + Pro.

Will post more info when I get it, but this will have to do for now.

Sheet is out today and is already half full. I will be working that day and cannot play so start a list and roll in the names and then PM me so I can gat you in. I can get you guys on in groups of 3 so be quick !

cheers

Keza

Keza_G
8th March 2005, 05:39 PM
OK first one already in... more ?

1. 990b Luva

Eag's
8th March 2005, 07:03 PM
Why not, 2 Pro am's in a week sounds like fun :)
1. 990b Luva
2. Eag's

Keza_G
8th March 2005, 07:52 PM
Sheet is out today and is already half full.

Half full or half empty ?
Good to see your an optimist Kezzy.

Thank you sweet thing !!!!

OK.... um can y'all express your preference for mornin' or arvo.....

1.990B Luva (arvo)
2. Eag's (arvo)

Tanshoes...

Keza

peter_rs
9th March 2005, 05:08 PM
Thats a sat day right?

Is it a medley feild?

So does that mean you will be driving around in that drinks cart with a smile?

I will let you know soon.

Keza_G
9th March 2005, 05:53 PM
Thats a sat day right?

Is it a medley feild?

So does that mean you will be driving around in that drinks cart with a smile?

I will let you know soon.

Yes, Pete ... it is a Saturday and Yes, Pete, it is a medley field and No, Pete... I'll be taken your bucks off you in the arvo... then perhaps in the cart with a smile on my dial.....

Compusory in Carts...... $50 entry.... $2000 in prizes...(nett & gross)
A grade (stroke) ..... B,C,ladies (Stableford)

so far

1. 990b (9th Tee shotgun 12pm)
2. Eag's (9th Tee shotgun 12pm)
3. Scotty_G (9th Tee shotgun 12pm)

peter_rs
10th March 2005, 08:55 AM
4. Peter_rs_644
5. Sharon(Peter_rs_644 better half)

So how are the greens?

Whats the go with hcp any limit where both of 24?

So do you get to pick the pro's for us?

Any chance of getting on for a practise round something before hand keza?

Keza_G
10th March 2005, 06:21 PM
DID I mention that this is suppose to be one of the richest events on the Sunshine tour.... Prize money for pro's of about $25,000.00. lotta bucks for a little club....

Keza_G
11th March 2005, 08:46 AM
1. 990b (9th Tee shotgun 12pm) Booked in
2. Eag's (9th Tee shotgun 12pm) Booked in
3. Scotty_G (9th Tee shotgun 12pm)Booked in
4. Peter_rs_644 will book in today
5. Sharon(Peter_rs_644 better half) will book in today
So how are the greens? Coming up really nice, will be fast and smooth for Pro-am

Whats the go with hcp any limit where both of 24? No limit, just AGU/WGA approved (you will play Stab)
So do you get to pick the pro's for us?

Any chance of getting on for a practise round something before hand keza? Gimme a call

Keza_G
16th March 2005, 06:50 AM
2 and a bit weeks to go.... anyone else ?

4. Peter_rs_644 (9th Tee shotgun 12pm)
5. Sharon (9th Tee shotgun 12pm)

Cheers

Keza

Keza_G
29th March 2005, 08:21 AM
This weekend.... anyone else ?

Eag's is out, and then there were 4....

PM me.... you know you want to...

Cheers

Keza

Keza_G Posted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 8:46 am Post subject:

peter_rs
29th March 2005, 08:29 AM
Do we know the pros for the groups yet?

markTHEblake
29th March 2005, 08:51 AM
Keza, which day this week can we get a game - Friday?

peter_rs
29th March 2005, 09:21 AM
Me and shazza r play wed morning. kezza is booking.

peter_rs
31st March 2005, 08:27 AM
2 and a bit weeks to go.... anyone else ?

Cheers

Keza

U will have to check with 990b but I think me pulled the pin.

then there were 3
1. Scotty_G (9th Tee shotgun 12pm)
2. Peter_rs_644 (9th Tee shotgun 12pm)
3. Sharon (9th Tee shotgun 12pm)

Maybe we should combine to one group-

It still will be a fun day, the course will be good.

Any other OZ golf want to play- its not big $$$.

Jarro, Unit where r u guys.

Jarro
31st March 2005, 08:42 AM
Any other OZ golf want to play- its not big $$$.

Jarro, Unit where r u guys.

sorry mate .. i'd love to... but i'm saving up my sick day for the McLeod round :roll:

Keza_G
3rd April 2005, 11:52 AM
Ok...

The 2 day Pro-Am went off fantastic like.... with Sponsors and pro's on Friday and Ameteurs and Pro's on Saturday.

Ozgolf Participants were :
Shazza (Peter_rs's better half) - 35pts
Scotty_G (Keza's worst half) - 30pts
Peter_rs (Chomper) - 24pts
Keza (absolute hacker) - 23pts

Having being told not to play I went against doctors advice and hacked it around like a true hacker loosing slightly less golf balls than Pete_rs... I think... I lost 6 balls.... quality....

After 2 early morning starts (4am) I probably was asleep out there... I took 2 Celebrex, 2 Nurofen's and a heat pack when I got home and woke up fine Sunday morning. I think the lack of effort in every shot reduced the risk of injury to the shoulder.

The one thing I learnt playing with a Pro (who finished 5th overall at 4 under) was that I was a bit jerky with the short stick, a legacy of a bad putting style from the start, however a new drill from the pro has me sinkin' them from all over....

Great day had by all, thanks for making the effort Peter and Sharon.... Scotty said he had a blast with the 2 gigglers.....

Cheers

Keza

Jarro
3rd April 2005, 03:45 PM
sounds like a great time was had by all 8)

hope the shoulder heals quickly Keza ..... how did you do it by the way :?

Onewood
3rd April 2005, 07:51 PM
Keza, sorry to here about the injury :cry: but hey I'm interested in any putting drills 8) please tell :D

Keza_G
4th April 2005, 04:47 AM
Kev..

The pro I had was Sam Brazel and he finished 5th on 4 under.

The drill he asked me to do has to do with my "jerky" putting stroke. He told me to put a 10cent coin in or on the back on my putter and to make a stroke so as the coin does not move until I strike the ball.

The longer the put the more I must take the putter back back, instead of "jabbing" harder at it. Long takeaway, long follow through, short take away, short follow through. He told me to concerntrate on getting the ball into a 1m circle from 20+ft and to concerntrate on holing it from anywhere inside that.

Just something that I think will work for me, maybe this is nothing new to you but I'll take whatever advice I can...

Cheers

Keza

Onewood
4th April 2005, 06:35 AM
Kev..

The pro I had was Sam Brazel and he finished 5th on 4 under.

The drill he asked me to do has to do with my "jerky" putting stroke. He told me to put a 10cent coin in or on the back on my putter and to make a stroke so as the coin does not move until I strike the ball.

The longer the put the more I must take the putter back back, instead of "jabbing" harder at it. Long takeaway, long follow through, short take away, short follow through. He told me to concerntrate on getting the ball into a 1m circle from 20+ft and to concerntrate on holing it from anywhere inside that.

Just something that I think will work for me, maybe this is nothing new to you but I'll take whatever advice I can...

Cheers

Keza

Thanks Keza 8) I need all the help I can get when putting, so I will be trying this out :P I'm only a young fellow :wink: so no I had'nt heard of this one......

peter_rs
4th April 2005, 07:51 AM
Sorry kezza,

I only lost 6 (5 off mine + 1 of sharons). Sharon was done to her last ball after losing 5(didn't take water balls).

Ask Scott_G about losing balls.

Shazza used her new bad on sunday and likes it.

gigglers no pulling the complete piss out of each other yes. I even had the pro pulling the piss out of me by the end of 18 holes. On the 1st (started on 9). after a bad first 9 me and scott went for the green. Scott was in the water first.

Then the fun started. I started laughing in my down swing because I new I was hitting a slice. took a divot and the ball ran on too the ladies tee. Hit 3 iron (draw) down on to the 2nd tee(50m long and 50m left). lob wedge spinning back into the sand, from there over the back of the green into the mud bank (water) on a lilly root. I got the call "u can play it from there" from Scott, after a look and some planning, I used a lob wedge to remove the lilly and a lot of mud onto the green. my ball finished 2m from the hole(my best bunker shot all day). made the putt for a six. :lol:

I feel sorry for any groups that followed (all that mud).

AndyP
4th April 2005, 07:52 AM
He told me to concerntrate on getting the ball into a 1m circle from 20+ft and to concerntrate on holing it from anywhere inside that.
You've read Dr. Bob, Keza. Aren't you trying to get it in the hole all the time when you have the putter in the hand?

peter_rs
4th April 2005, 07:55 AM
Yes u r trying to make the putter- But the point of the exercise is to make sure a worst if there is a second but it is within a meter.

The hole is within the 1m circle after all.

AndyP
4th April 2005, 08:08 AM
Yes u r trying to make the putter- But the point of the exercise is to make sure a worst if there is a second but it is within a meter.

The hole is within the 1m circle after all.
Why would you already be thinking about your next putt?

You have increased the size of your target. Now if you miss that target, you are more than a metre away from the hole.
If your target is the hole, how far do you think you will finish if you miss anyway?

peter_rs
4th April 2005, 08:46 AM
Its one thing to say the hole is the target and aim at it (you should always). But the idea is to deal with putt speed in such away that if u do miss you have not gone by the hole my several meters, or on long putts have not just made it over half way.

Remember you are only trying to have a max leave of 1m on putts longer the 6m. inside 6m you are trying to hold it, inside 1m you better hold it. Its a idea for people who struggle putting. To make sure u 2 putt from anywhere on the green.

Some pros (hackers as well) would love to know they would at worst 2 putt on every green at the masters. :oops: :lol:

Keza_G
4th April 2005, 08:54 AM
He told me to concerntrate on getting the ball into a 1m circle from 20+ft and to concerntrate on holing it from anywhere inside that.
You've read Dr. Bob, Keza. Aren't you trying to get it in the hole all the time when you have the putter in the hand?

YES AP
I am always thinking of holing every putt but the Pro thought it was silly to expect that.... I said... "have you not read Dr Bob....?" Maybe he better....

I liked the 10c coin thing but may choose to forget the advice from 20+ft....

Cheers

Keza