PDA

View Full Version : Computer help please

wavemaker
8th March 2005, 03:47 PM
Gooday all, could one of you tech, IT thingy people tell me how to get my computer to open pages in full screen view. For instance when I click on the OZ Golf icon on my desktop it opens up in about a quarter or third size window, I then press f11 and it jumps up to full screen. Its no big deal but it gives me the tom tits. Thanks in advance.

markTHEblake
8th March 2005, 04:08 PM
Wavey, i did Internet Support for 5 years but that one always had me stumped. In fact i suffer from it now, when i right click on a link and "choose open in new window", its this pathetic half size window.

Its usually caused when a user resizes a window, then closes it. from then on new windows always open that size. Yet when i resize these windows to maximised, the reverse doesnt happen.

i have read a bunch of support articles on this issue, none worked. Eventually windows changes its mind and corrects the problem, then i stuff it up again soon enough. After almost 10 years of using the Web i have written this off as something that will never go away. I would rather try to convince my wife that I am right about something than to solve this problem, futile task but slightly better probabilty of success, around 0.001%

If you do a search on Google you will see that a bunch of other people have the same problem. The asylums are full of internet support people who have gone bonkers over this one.

Who knows, maybe the Official Microsoft solution will help you?
http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=http://support.microsoft.com%2Fservicedesks%2Fbin%2Fkbsea rch.asp%3Farticle%3D167099

markTHEblake
8th March 2005, 04:23 PM
Wavey this one might help you.

Right click on the shortcut thats causing you to lose your hair, and choose properties. In the "Run" drop down box change the setting to "Maximised"

Now this is the one that fixed mine.

Open a Web page. Right click a Link and choose "Open in New Window"
Close the first window.

Move the 2nd window to the top left corner, and then Resize it by dragging the bottom right hand corner. (do not click the maximize button)

Hold down the Ctrl button, and click with the mouse in the menu bar File and then Close.

now I'll see how long that lasts. Last time i had this problem the windows were opening only 2cm sq in size....

wavemaker
8th March 2005, 05:26 PM
Blakey, you are a foot. The first option was not available as there was no RUN drop down box, but i did the other and it worked , Go you good thing.