PDA

View Full Version : How much to post a golf club within Australia.

markTHEblake
7th March 2005, 08:48 PM
When you sell a golf club, say a driver, how much does it cost to post it (anywhere in australia) when packed up in a normal club box.

terryand
7th March 2005, 08:53 PM
Cost me about $19 to send a couple of drivers up to Courty.

Registerd and insured.

Terry.

davidp
7th March 2005, 08:59 PM
MTB, it depends on where it is going. It cost me $12 to post a driver insured, registered post down to Melbourne last week. It also cost me $12 to post a driver to Mackay. :? :?

Also remember that most regular Australia Post outlets will not accept overlength (over 105 cm) parcels over the counter. You need to go to an Australia Post Business Centre. Look at www. australiapost.com.au to find the nearest one.

Davemason
7th March 2005, 09:00 PM
Well for a start the box can't be longer than 105cm if it is Australia post will not accept it ( about 3weeks ago I sent a golf umbrella and it was like 15 cm over and they were not going to send it but I sweet talked them) , I've just sent two set of irons to NSW from Bundy with a weight 4kg the box was 105cmX10cmX10cm and it cost me $12.00 it all depends on point of origin and delivery point , I think the driver will be the same as they go of volume weight but if it over 105cm long you will have to sweet talk the post office to accept it other wise it is of to some one like IPEC TOLL

markTHEblake
7th March 2005, 09:02 PM
Thanks gentlemen. I'll have some gear up for sale shortly.

Sorry Jarro, no hickory shafts.

Jarro
7th March 2005, 09:29 PM
Sorry Jarro, no hickory shafts.

that's cool.

Are these the clubs you sold to the museum for their ancient golf exhibit :?:

Ona
7th March 2005, 10:51 PM
Also remember that most regular Australia Post outlets will not accept overlength (over 105 cm) parcels over the counter. You need to go to an Australia Post Business Centre.
surprise surprise, my experience was the opposite..went to a business centre and they were all over the length restrictments, so i mosy on down to the general store/post office/letter box and wouldnt you know it, no probs.

gazgolf1
8th March 2005, 01:40 PM
Also remember that most regular Australia Post outlets will not accept overlength (over 105 cm) parcels over the counter. You need to go to an Australia Post Business Centre.
surprise surprise, my experience was the opposite..went to a business centre and they were all over the length restrictments, so i mosy on down to the general store/post office/letter box and wouldnt you know it, no probs.

The privately run PO's will take anything they can charge you for.

macleod
8th March 2005, 02:58 PM
ditto on gaz's comments.

don't try to ship overlength boxes via business centres and the like (ie. like Milton PO)

$12-19 based on registering and insurance. price based on cubic volume so go for the just fit plus padding on drivers. i pack really well and have ample bubble wrap at my disposal so no skimping on packing like most aussie ebay sellers i've bought from :D

markTHEblake
15th April 2006, 08:19 AM
I heard from a local golf retailer and passive Ozgolfer Astroboy, that the Post Office at Chirn Park will accept golf club boxes for post as they post them 'all the time'.

Now i have lived on the Gold coast for 8 years and never heard of a suburb or place called Chirn Park, but i think it is actually at 25 Musgrave Ave, Labrador.

Not close enough for you Brizzo'z but it might help someone. I'll give them a test drive soon.

Jarro
15th April 2006, 09:51 AM
i've never had any trouble sending clubs through Aussie Post, i go to the Woody Point (right behind Redcliffe G.C) P.O and they always let them go 8)

BrisVegas
16th April 2006, 03:05 PM
Darra post office has accepted a couple of clubs from me lately. Usually around $11 registered post.

Lea
14th June 2009, 09:57 AM
Ah that's great news - what about an entire golf bag with all the clubs? I live in Brisbane and am relocating to Western Australia...I guess Darra would be the best bet?

Grunt
14th June 2009, 10:03 AM
Ah that's great news - what about an entire golf bag with all the clubs? I live in Brisbane and am relocating to Western Australia...I guess Darra would be the best bet?

Lea

Use Bus Freight, they are greyhound Buses and is relatively cheap and will take it door to door as well for a little extra. I have used it a few times to send stuff to Melbourne from Sydney.

qbnchopper
14th June 2009, 02:25 PM
From over here the standard to over east for me is between $19-24 registered post. If I have to send to Cairns or Gove it cost about $26 ...

GC
15th June 2009, 09:31 AM
Blakey, http://www.e-go.com.au i have found are the cheapest and offer a great service, you pay via there website print a label out, drop the parcel at a depot, which is on Brisbane Road at Labardor which is not far from you and they will deliver, it cost me $13.20 to send driver to Melbourne and was there in under 3 days.