PDA

View Full Version : Seinfeld Quotes

solarman
22nd January 2010, 12:45 PM
Just had a great laugh going this the hundreds of quotes from the Seinfeld series.

http://pkmeco.com/seinfeld

Everyone put down their favorite quote. I went straight to "The Soup Nazi" episode. Still think Elaine is the best on the show.

adlo
22nd January 2010, 03:16 PM
Great website.

It is amazing how pretty much every Seinfeld episode seems like a classic.

"Serenity now! Serenity now!"
"What is that?"
"The doctor gave me a relaxation cassette. When my blood pressure gets too high, the man on the tape tells me to say 'serenity now!'"
"Are you supposed to yell it?"
"The man on the tape wasn't specific."
- Frank and George, in "The Serenity Now"

Pieface
22nd January 2010, 03:38 PM
"Listen to me. We're always sitting here. I'm always helping you with your girl problems, you're always helping me with my girl problems. Where do we end up?""Here.""Exactly. Because neither one of us can handle a woman all by ourselves.""I'm trying.""I've tried. We don't have it. But maybe the two of us, working together, at full capacity, could do the job of one normal man.""Then each of us would only have to be like a half-man. That sounds about right."- George and Jerry, in "The Summer of George"Too many hilarious Seinfeld scenes to catalogue. Just finished watching season 7-9 again on DVD last week.

goughy
22nd January 2010, 04:42 PM
I used to be in a band called 'pretzel logic', named from a Steele Dan album. Naturally, our posters (of course should have had copywrite issues) had the seinfeld crew standing at the back watch us with the line 'these pretzels are making me thirsty'.

Swathe
22nd January 2010, 04:47 PM
No soup for you.

LarryLong
22nd January 2010, 08:31 PM
"Well, I just got back from swimming in the pool. And the water was cold..."
"Oh, you mean... Shrinkage."
"Yes. Significant shrinkage."
"So you feel you were shortchanged."
"Yes. I mean, if she thinks that's me, she's under a complete misapprehension. That was not me, Jerry. That was not me."

Flowergirl
22nd January 2010, 08:49 PM
I'm out!!!!
Loved that episode.:mrgreen:

damoocow
22nd January 2010, 09:47 PM
I have tried on many occasions to watch a whole episode but found the characters unlikeable and the show boring - much like Friends...

goughy
22nd January 2010, 10:45 PM
Maybe you need to stop watching shows with that xxxx carton on your head! No doubt most seem the same like that :)

Russell
22nd January 2010, 10:57 PM
so you want a piece of me

damoocow
22nd January 2010, 11:07 PM
I have tried to post in this thread but found the other posters unlikeable and the thread boring - much like Friends...

adlo
22nd January 2010, 11:12 PM
I have tried to post in this thread but found the other posters unlikeable and the thread boring - much like Friends...

:-k

:lol:

What comedies do you like damo?

damoocow
23rd January 2010, 03:05 PM
:-k

:lol:

What comedies do you like damo?

One Foot in the Grave
Fry and Laurie
Baddiel and Skinner
Ripping Yarns
The Goodies
Man about the House
Alas Smith and Jones
Comic Strip Presents
Blackadder
etc
Don't think there's been a good comedy for years

damoocow
23rd January 2010, 03:07 PM
Maybe you need to stop watching shows with that xxxx carton on your head! No doubt most seem the same like that :)

Funniest reply I've read in a while !

adlo
23rd January 2010, 03:13 PM
One Foot in the Grave
Fry and Laurie
Baddiel and Skinner
Ripping Yarns
The Goodies
Man about the House
Alas Smith and Jones
Comic Strip Presents
Blackadder
etc
Don't think there's been a good comedy for years

I was reading that list thinking "that list is a bit tired" but then read your last comment.

I think some of the comedies you list have aged very badly.

Surely you can find something recent that you like?

I take it you don't like Gervais? The Office and Extras are great.

Have you tried I Am Alan Partridge, Saxondale, Peep Show, Nathan Barley or The Mighty Boosh?

damoocow
23rd January 2010, 03:20 PM
I was reading that list thinking "that list is a bit tired" but then read your last comment.

I think some of the comedies you list have aged very badly.

Surely you can find something recent that you like?

I take it you don't like Gervais? The Office and Extras are great.

Have you tried I Am Alan Partridge, Saxondale, Peep Show, Nathan Barley or The Mighty Boosh?

Fair comment - I was just thinking off the top of my head - The Office was OK but was really only one joke stretched too far - Extras and Alan Partridge were very good - had forgotten about them.
Boosh was a bit too gay for mine.
Am enjoying 'Very Small Business' reruns at the moment.
And there is a show on Sunday night called 'Paul Merton in China' which is a pretty funny travel show.

adlo
23rd January 2010, 03:22 PM
If you liked Partridge, watch Saxondale. It was Coogans follow up. Very good.

Peep Show is awesome too.