PDA

View Full Version : A chance to own a Tour Prototype?

petethepilot
22nd January 2010, 12:26 AM
Lets just say you had sent a email to a reasonable size golf company that is represented on the US PGA tour (with multiple wins including a major) talking about a yet unavailable prototype putter design (that is ssswweeett =P~) you had seen on a golf website and that somehow the President of that company read your email. He for some reason thinks you are a good guy and interested in that company and as such will give you one of their extremely rare (less than 20) prototype putters for cost price.....WHAT WOULD YOU BE WILLING TO PAY FOR IT?

This is not an attempt to garner interest prior to posting in the proshop, just wondering if I am an idiot for paying the cost (but still not cheap) price.

I will post photo's when I get it!

Regards,

Pete

henno
22nd January 2010, 12:28 AM
Nike Method? ;-)

And about $200. But I'm a tight-arse.

markTHEblake
22nd January 2010, 12:35 AM
given that the company has only one major under its belt, it cant be Nike.

Has to be something niche, like Never Compromise, (but i think they would have more than one as well)

In any case, every second company these days put 'prototype' on their putters and it doesnt mean jack, cos thats just a tactic to sell putters. Maybe not all the same, but Iwouldnt pay for one.

Would you fly a prototype plane? oh yeah, you probably woudl :-)

Lucasto23
22nd January 2010, 01:43 AM
not if you like it ;)
Let's face it, you will never stop buying putters so i cant wait to see it and have a 3 putt with it :)

adlo
22nd January 2010, 02:14 AM
I doubt I would pay the asking price. Considering what you can get for a few hundred bucks around somewhere like OzGolf, why bother.

Johnny Canuck
22nd January 2010, 02:21 AM
The real question Pete, is what would Golfnut pay?

ParMaster
22nd January 2010, 09:25 AM
How much did you pay for it?

just
22nd January 2010, 10:34 AM
I'd say why not. Unless you are drastically short of a dollar it'll be a great conversation piece, and you might make friends within the organisation which could open doors in the future.
Bobby Grace or Seemore?

MegaWatty
22nd January 2010, 10:36 AM
Seemore has 2 of the same majors. Not sure if Pete meant they've specifically only won one major...

TourFit
22nd January 2010, 01:39 PM
If the President of a golf company represented on the PGA Tour (with tournament wins, including a Major) gives me the opportunity to get my hands on an as yet unreleased putter (of which there are about 20 prototypes in existence currently) would I buy one...???

:shock:

WTF are you guys doing on this site if your answer was NO !!!!!!

It's the exclusivity of it that makes it the talking point...you are getting in at the grass roots of design, the Tour Prototypes!

Get me one as well Pete! :mrgreen:

Webster
22nd January 2010, 02:11 PM
i would only buy it if I was certain I could flick it straight onto ebay for a decent profit.

adlo
22nd January 2010, 02:16 PM
I would only buy it if it was a Ping copy.

Eldrick
22nd January 2010, 02:24 PM
Do it!
ask El presidente if he can package it up in a nice display case and include a fancy COA

Swathe
22nd January 2010, 02:51 PM
IF i had the cash, yeah sure I would buy it. I also wouldn't hesitate to sell it if it didn't help me in any way.

petethepilot
22nd January 2010, 07:19 PM
Just and Megawatty, you are sharp. In fact I had forgotten that Payne Stewart won a couple of US Opens with one. I remembered Zac Johnston won a Masters with one. The putter in question is a Seemore M6 prototype (of a similar design to the classic Bullseye design!) Refer Golfwrx link, (www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/285192-putter-pics-from-the-09-buick-open/). Scroll down to the M6 about halfway down in the Seemore section. The price is not too bad, it is just the $60us postage that makes it exy! And yes I am getting it. I will post photo's on arrival.

Regards,

Pete

zigwah
22nd January 2010, 07:37 PM
A lot of those see more shizzle my dizzle mostly the centre shafted ones

morgy
22nd January 2010, 08:19 PM
Just looked through all the pics. How do these companies get away with ripping off each other's designs? I mean, a lot of those putters are exactly the same!

Moe Norman
22nd January 2010, 08:22 PM
looks like the ones you get at putt putt.

bad buying pete!

(the db4 looks nice though!)

Jarro
22nd January 2010, 08:25 PM
Yeah, i'm not a fan either.

(not that you probably give a rats arse anyway)

Lucasto23
22nd January 2010, 10:44 PM
looks like the ones you get at putt putt.

bad buying pete!

(the db4 looks nice though!)

Yeah, i'm not a fan either.

(not that you probably give a rats arse anyway)

Thats no way to talk to the CHAMP boys:lol:

petethepilot
22nd January 2010, 10:58 PM
I guess it is all about what you like. I am sick of the endless ping copies and the spaceship designs. The key will be the balance and roll of the face. Usually, first rate off Seemores! To be revealed. Then again, I didn't think Henno's dress sense was that bad at the Champs either, just a little different!

Regards,

Pete

(who wouldn't have been able to defend his crown except for SMS telling me about the Champs list filling up!)

adlo
22nd January 2010, 11:01 PM
How heavy is the head? It is awful small Pete.

petethepilot
23rd January 2010, 12:55 AM
I'll let you know Adlo. I don't have it yet but I will email Seemore to find out!

just
23rd January 2010, 07:34 AM
FWIW I think it looks good, Pete, and as I said before it will always be a great conversation piece.

(who wouldn't have been able to defend his crown except for SMS telling me about the Champs list filling up!)
You should find a way of getting on the calling list clique and you won't have any problems in the future.

adlo
23rd January 2010, 01:35 PM
I'll let you know Adlo. I don't have it yet but I will email Seemore to find out!
Thanks Pete, I'd be interested to know. Cheers.

You should find a way of getting on the calling list clique and you won't have any problems in the future.

Breathe in............... and out.

just
23rd January 2010, 01:41 PM
Ha!