PDA

View Full Version : Cheapest place for shafts?

Minor_Threat
21st January 2010, 05:29 PM
I bought the 695MB irons from Addam and I thought that my existing X100 irons shatfs were also .355 taper tipped, however it appears not.

So I'm looking to get hold of some DG X100 3 - PW .355 taper tipped as cheap as possible. I would also be after 8 x plain black ferrules

Any suggestions? I'm going to have a chat to my old pro mates and see what they can do also.

Cheers

AndyP
21st January 2010, 05:47 PM
Have you looked through the sellers in the following thread?
http://www.ozgolf.net/forums/showthread.php?t=10512

That's what I did when shaft hunting.

Minor_Threat
21st January 2010, 06:04 PM
Have you looked through the sellers in the following thread?
http://www.ozgolf.net/forums/showthread.php?t=10512

That's what I did when shaft hunting.Cheers mate, I should have checked the stickies.

Still keen to hear any other suggestions!

markTHEblake
21st January 2010, 06:40 PM
Do you know Gary Tozer?

www.aussiecustomgolf.com.au he has a trailer load of shaft pulls lying around. Its a smorgasboard if you are looking for that sort of thing. I'll be seeing him tomorrow or sat but i can assure you by the time i get there, i will have forgotten what you want.

Minor_Threat
21st January 2010, 06:49 PM
Do you know Gary Tozer?

www.aussiecustomgolf.com.au (http://www.aussiecustomgolf.com.au) he has a trailer load of shaft pulls lying around. Its a smorgasboard if you are looking for that sort of thing. I'll be seeing him tomorrow or sat but i can assure you by the time i get there, i will have forgotten what you want.I dont know Gary MTB..

His site doesn't mention anything about used shafts though? Does he sell used shafts?

markTHEblake
21st January 2010, 06:50 PM
If someone wants them he sells them. He doesnt list them cos he would be there all day. he has hundreds - like any clubmaker does.

Minor_Threat
21st January 2010, 06:51 PM
If someone wants them he sells them. He doesnt list them cos he would be there all day. he has hundreds - like any clubmaker does.Do you suggest I just email him?

markTHEblake
21st January 2010, 06:56 PM
Good idea, I could ask for you, but I will load the price and take a commission.

He knows about our forum, so feel free to mention it. The more that buy from him the better deals he would give all of us.

Minor_Threat
21st January 2010, 07:07 PM
Good idea, I could ask for you, but I will load the price and take a commission.

He knows about our forum, so feel free to mention it. The more that buy from him the better deals he would give all of us.I have sent off an enquiry. Thanks for the suggestion MTB ;)

Johnny Canuck
21st January 2010, 07:17 PM
have you checked with virge?

Minor_Threat
21st January 2010, 07:50 PM
have you checked with virge?No I haven't? Is he a club fitter or something?

f00re
21st January 2010, 09:00 PM
I can vouch for Gary at aussie custom golf. just got a tx-90 hybrid shaft at a good price.

TOBYC
21st January 2010, 09:58 PM
I bought the 695MB irons from Addam and I thought that my existing X100 irons shatfs were also .355 taper tipped, however it appears not.

So I'm looking to get hold of some DG X100 3 - PW .355 taper tipped as cheap as possible. I would also be after 8 x plain black ferrules

Any suggestions? I'm going to have a chat to my old pro mates and see what they can do also.

Cheers

You are an ex-golf pro minor? Cool! I am assuming you would have an exact idea of what these shafts would cost + ferrules? Anyway...

A standard DG shaft is around $25.00 + gst in Australian dollars (Taper Tip:+3 or 4 $$'s) and a ferrule is wayyyyyy less than purchasing a packet of chewing gum from Woolworths when on special. This is cost price mind you (approx). Any golf pro worth their grain of salt will not charge for a ferrule unless it is something from Callaway (I dislike Callaway okay) being their little black ($$) ring ferrules. A standard re-shaft with a shaft that costs say $25.00 and with the profit margin added on for labour, glue etc should be say $40.00-$45.00 mate.

Having said all of this, are you going to do it yourself? X100 shafts?? Am thinking you must be around 95mph with the 5 iron swing and around 115mph sort of with the driver?

Toby

Johnny Canuck
21st January 2010, 11:07 PM
No I haven't? Is he a club fitter or something?

Oh yeah, of the highest order. He usually has tons of stuff kicking around in his basement. It would definitely be worth a PM.

He's been a little crook lately, so he hasn't been around much. Otherwise, he might have already jumped in.

Minor_Threat
22nd January 2010, 06:46 AM
You are an ex-golf pro minor? Cool! I am assuming you would have an exact idea of what these shafts would cost + ferrules? Anyway...

A standard DG shaft is around $25.00 + gst in Australian dollars (Taper Tip:+3 or 4 $$'s) and a ferrule is wayyyyyy less than purchasing a packet of chewing gum from Woolworths when on special. This is cost price mind you (approx). Any golf pro worth their grain of salt will not charge for a ferrule unless it is something from Callaway (I dislike Callaway okay) being their little black ($$) ring ferrules. A standard re-shaft with a shaft that costs say $25.00 and with the profit margin added on for labour, glue etc should be say $40.00-$45.00 mate.

Having said all of this, are you going to do it yourself? X100 shafts?? Am thinking you must be around 95mph with the 5 iron swing and around 115mph sort of with the driver?

TobyYeah mate, ex pro, been out of the game a good 5 years so I have no idea (besides my recent research) what these things cost.

I will be doing the job myself, so no labour.. I have no idea what my swing speed is, I just know that the X100s work ;)