PDA

View Full Version : Qld vs NSW State of Origin on PS2

damoocow
26th May 2004, 12:10 PM
At the insistence of my son I played the entire state of origin series on the PS2 last night using all the selected players - for what it's worth here are the results
Game 1 - Qld spent the entire game making unforced errors and the NSW side carved them up - particularly through the centre of the field and out on the right wing - Qld really missed Lockyer's brilliance in directing the game - NSW player Devere had a blinder scoring 3 of NSW's 9 tries and converting them all - Qld's best player was Matt Bowen who came on to replace an injured Scott Prince early in the first half - the 54 - 26 scoreline flatterd Qld who scored a couple of late tries to make the result look more presentable -[half time score - NSW 30 -10]

Game 2 - Lockyer came into the QLD team to replace Prince - with Matt Bowen coming in to play halfback and Flannery moving to the reserves bench - a full Lang Park saw QLD score from the kick off with |Bowen slicing through a huge gap in centre field] - Qld were in complete control from then on - leading at one stage by 18-0 - a couple of late tries to NSW made them look better than they really were -Qld Victorious 18-12. Highlight of the match was Carlaw beating all comers in a 35 m sprint to the line to make the score 12-0 late in the first half.

Game 3 - a full house at Telstra to witness Qld win the deciding game in the Origin battle by 24-10 - A tough uncompromising game of rugby league in which a number of players were sin binned for high tackles - one particularly bad one made on Flannery by Fitzgibbon - resulted in Fitzgibbon being sent of for the remainder of the match - NSW were dealt with severley for breaches of the offside rule - and this resulted in plenty of easy metres gained by QLD

QLD win the series 2-1

damoocow

Fishman Dan
26th May 2004, 12:42 PM
:lol: :lol:

Great reading Damo.

But who was NSW, and who was QLD? Do you mean to tell us that in game 1 your son not only thrashed you, but bashed up half your team as well??

Jarro
26th May 2004, 12:56 PM
lets hope it pans out like that, starting tonight.

GO THE MAROONS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

damoocow
26th May 2004, 01:06 PM
Sorry - neglected to add that I was QLD and although my son would have liked to play he is not allowed to use the playstation 2 for the reminder of this week as he had attacked his sister on Sunday arvo! - consequently I was versing the computer!
damoocow

Onewood
26th May 2004, 08:04 PM
Sorry - neglected to add that I was QLD and although my son would have liked to play he is not allowed to use the playstation 2 for the reminder of this week as he had attacked his sister on Sunday arvo! - consequently I was versing the computer!
damoocow

Give the kid a break it's state of origin...all the boy's had fun with the girls :D NSW boy's anyway.....not our SQUEAKY clean little QLDers

GO THE MIGHTY BLUES!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jarro
27th May 2004, 11:08 AM
don't go crowing yet Kev..... :smt019

we'll be back to hammer ya's in game 2 at the cauldron :smt062

Fishman Dan
27th May 2004, 02:34 PM
Not after last nights effort Jarro - Blues to win by 100.

Jarro
27th May 2004, 03:27 PM
Not after last nights effort Jarro - Blues to win by 100.

we'll see dan .... we'll see :roll:

my man Lockyer will be back by then 8)