PDA

View Full Version : Golfing riddle?

terryand
6th March 2005, 07:36 PM
Yesterday I played an up and down round at Windy,but manage to play without incuring any penalties(don't do this often around Windy,maybe only my 2nd or 3rd time) but managed to lose a ball....How?

Any takers.

AP's stay away please,seeing as you know :wink:

Terry.

davidp
6th March 2005, 08:07 PM
Easy, you lost a ball in G.U.R. :D

naragah
6th March 2005, 08:11 PM
a bird or animal took it

terryand
6th March 2005, 08:15 PM
Easy, you lost a ball in G.U.R. :D

Nup :(

Terry.

terryand
6th March 2005, 08:16 PM
a bird or animal took it

Ditto above :(

Terry.

davidp
6th March 2005, 08:18 PM
Hmmm. You hit a provisional ball after seemingly losing your original ball. You lost the provisional ball, but found your original ball. Result? The original ball is still in play and you can proceed without penalty.

Am I close?

markTHEblake
6th March 2005, 08:19 PM
you wanna explain that? its a good story.

at the Elakes day, FG's freind lost a ball in the ballwasher.

goughy
6th March 2005, 09:17 PM
Someone played your ball by accident and lost it. You were able to drop a ball as near as possible to the spot where your original ball lay without penality.

terryand
7th March 2005, 06:32 PM
Hmmm. You hit a provisional ball after seemingly losing your original ball. You lost the provisional ball, but found your original ball. Result? The original ball is still in play and you can proceed without penalty.

Am I close?

Yep, you got :smt023

And on the bloody 18th too :evil:

Ended up being in by 10 metres :? But the provisional,middle of someones back yard :oops:

Terry.

amanda
7th March 2005, 07:15 PM
you wanna explain that? its a good story.

Get out - I didn't think that was possible!

davidp
7th March 2005, 07:25 PM

Am I close?

Yep, you got :smt023

And on the bloody 18th too :evil:

Ended up being in by 10 metres :? But the provisional,middle of someones back yard :oops:

Terry.

Great, what do I win?? :P I've already got some of those kilos you lost, so I don't want any more of them. :lol:

markTHEblake
7th March 2005, 08:33 PM
Here is another Riddle.

On a 550m Par 5, Hit 3 balls off the tee (none provisional), had 3 putts, and made a 6 on the hole.
How?

markTHEblake
7th March 2005, 08:39 PM

Get out - I didn't think that was possible!

There is a square post holding up the ball washer, about 3inches diameter, and the cap has fallen off. The ballwasher is the upanddown type. When Gael washed her ball, she went to remove it and it sort of popped out and bounced down the post.

There was no way to get it out unless you had a 5 foot arm. in any case Kezas brother and husband (the next group) got it out, and they wouldnt tell us how. (i checked next week, the post is stilll firmly stuck in the ground)

jimandr
7th March 2005, 08:40 PM
Two possibilities.

Most likely: you are playing a hole with overhead power lines, where the local rule is to replay any shot striking the power lines.

Less likely: your first two drives are both stolen by crows, and you see it happen (and swear profusely).

I can't think of any other way to replay drives without penalty.

Onewood
7th March 2005, 08:56 PM
Here is another Riddle.

On a 550m Par 5, Hit 3 balls off the tee (none provisional), had 3 putts, and made a 6 on the hole.
How?

The others where MULIGANS :wink: or you can't count :D

davidp
7th March 2005, 09:38 PM
Other than the local rule clause, I have no idea. :?: :?: :?:

Keza_G
8th March 2005, 06:51 AM
There was no way to get it out unless you had a 5 foot arm. in any case Kezas brother and husband (the next group) got it out, and they wouldnt tell us how. (i checked next week, the post is stilll firmly stuck in the ground)

Blakey...

I can tell you how if you want............. :wink: :lol:

Cheers

Keza

markTHEblake
8th March 2005, 08:02 AM
yes, please tell. I havent been able to sleep since.

wavemaker
8th March 2005, 08:34 AM
I just assumed they had one of those suction cup thingys and dragged it up with that. One should never assume, it will make an ass of u and me.

Flowergirl
8th March 2005, 08:56 AM
you played the tee shots outside of the tee box during matchplay and your opponent requested you replay the shots ????

BrisVegas
8th March 2005, 09:14 AM
Here is another Riddle.

How?

Easy. You hit an overhead powerline twice, as defined by a local rule, entitling you to replay the shot without penalty. You then hit the green in regulation and 3-putted... Typical. :wink:

The 14th at City is a bugger for that. there's a power line that I must have hit 10 times at least.

BrisVegas
8th March 2005, 09:17 AM

Am I close?
Spot on David. I did this 3 or 4 times around Lakelands the other week. Lucky for me, the first ball always turned up in bounds, as the provisionals were all waaay OOB. :oops: :lol:

markTHEblake
8th March 2005, 10:05 AM
Jim and Vegas are right. I hit the power lines twice, in exact same spot, and both tee shots finishing within 2 metres of each other about 180m from tee.
10th hole at Jimboomba, power lines are right in front of the tee.

Roc
11th March 2005, 08:22 PM
I've got a riddle guy's.
Par 4, 385m.
Tee off and drive centre of fair way 50m from flag, walk off the green with a 8.............???????? how so????.....

I hate golf............
from my 2iron to my putter is always for sale

Keep having fun guys
Yours
Mark

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

davidp
11th March 2005, 08:54 PM
I've got a riddle guy's.
Par 4, 385m.
Tee off and drive centre of fair way 50m from flag, walk off the green with a 8.............???????? how so????.....

I hate golf............
from my 2iron to my putter is always for sale

Keep having fun guys
Yours
Mark

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Hmmmm, work needed on the short game? :wink:

markTHEblake
11th March 2005, 09:27 PM
I've got a riddle guy's.
Par 4, 385m.

no mystery here, you have often said your short game is crap.

Roc
11th March 2005, 10:12 PM
True, True,
:oops: :cry:
Bad joke hay :!: