PDA

View Full Version : WA: 2010 OzGolf WA Sandgroper Champs, March 26-28, PLAYER LIST

adlo
19th January 2010, 12:06 AM
OK, we need to seriously get some numbers sorted for this thing.

I will start this new thread to get people to confirm their attendance. We will need to confirm bookings with the golf courses ASAP.

Taken from the other thread: (http://www.ozgolf.net/forums/showthread.php?p=394058#post394058)

Definite starters:

1. Adlo
2. iTree
3. simmsy
4. Johnny Canuck
5. Bergsey
6. TourShits
7. Tiger Hamilton
8. Zeusgolf
9. Daz_Golfa
10. NUFFIETHEGOLFMANWHOPLAYSOFF7
11. Paul (Giant Fweak from KB)
12. qbnchopper (pencil)
13. Golfer69 (pencil)
14. Golfnut (FRIDAY ONLY)
15. MegaWatty (FRIDAY ONLY-pencil)
16. Pieface (FRIDAY ONLY)

Confirmed outs:

Yossarian
Henno
MegaWatty
TopDog
Veefore
Jarro
Baldy
Mike
Zigwah
Moe Norman
SeldomEagles
zrw
Bruce Dickinson
Slicey McDuff
Flavzz

Jarro
19th January 2010, 12:28 AM
As much as i'd love to come over and attend this, i'm afraid i'll have to withdraw my intention of interest :(

Johnny Canuck
19th January 2010, 12:32 AM
BOO-URNS.

adlo
19th January 2010, 12:33 AM
BOO-URNS.

+1

idgolfguy
19th January 2010, 12:43 AM
Isn't that BOO-RUNS as the excuse in absentia?

adlo
19th January 2010, 12:44 AM
Either that or "my arse boo-urns"

idgolfguy
19th January 2010, 12:45 AM
I see! Took awhile for it to get down to my altitude - the lower hemisphere!

adlo
19th January 2010, 12:47 AM
BOO-URNS is actually from the Simpsons, but I like your play on words.

baldy
19th January 2010, 09:49 AM
Thanks for the offer but i'll have to decline. Can't commit to 3 days away for golf - i'd be told to stay there. :)
I'll stick to day trips to the slaughterhouse for now. ha ha

adlo
19th January 2010, 01:02 PM
Another one bites the dust. And I was keen to have a roll with a genuine honey dipped putter as well :(

Mike has promised a 2011 appearance.

Johnny Canuck
19th January 2010, 01:07 PM
I can't wait for this weekend!

adlo
19th January 2010, 01:10 PM
I can't wait for this weekend!

+1 (x 10 to the power of infinity)

zigwah
19th January 2010, 01:13 PM
zigwah is not allowed to go, being too close to the birth off the baby and what happened with the baby coming early last time, i'm working on next year.

adlo
19th January 2010, 01:14 PM
zigwah is not allowed to go, being too close to the birth off the baby and what happened with the baby coming early last time, i'm working on next year.

I figured the dates would clash zig, I thought I had better hear it from you rather than just delete your EOI. Cheers.

Johnny Canuck
19th January 2010, 01:30 PM
He could do a Mickelson and be "on call" all weekend!

Smart move Zig. There are some things in life that you cannot miss. The missus will appreciate it.

TourFit
19th January 2010, 01:56 PM
He could do a Mickelson and be "on call" all weekend!

Smart move Zig. There are some things in life that you cannot miss. The missus will appreciate it.

Like TourFit in your crosshairs !!!:mrgreen:

Pieface
19th January 2010, 01:59 PM
Doh! I think I am going a likely TQ.

Mrs is going to be 28 weeks in with our first then and has started rumbling that I shouldn't go...not an argument I think I can win if she digs her heels in. Damn baby leverage :(

Put me to pencil for now and I'll see if she comes around.

qbnchopper
19th January 2010, 02:10 PM
Pencil please ....

Yossarian
19th January 2010, 02:12 PM
You homo's and your babies. Gheyest excuse ever!

adlo
19th January 2010, 02:14 PM

Mrs is going to be 28 weeks in with our first then and has started rumbling that I shouldn't go...not an argument I think I can win if she digs her heels in. Damn baby leverage :(

You could just play Sat-Sun if that's better, Busso is only 2 and a half hours away these days. You could be back in a flash in the case of an emergency.

Pencil please ....

The chopper, stops lurking!

Now for Slicey McDuff and Scott to show themselves.

Zeusgolf
19th January 2010, 02:17 PM

+1

Pieface
19th January 2010, 02:38 PM
You could just play Sat-Sun if that's better, Busso is only 2 and a half hours away these days. You could be back in a flash in the case of an emergency.

No danger of anything on the medical front (I hope! ) just a bit of grizzling.

She might change her tune. I should hang around home like a bad smell for a few weekends prior she'll probably pack my clubs in the boot for me :lol:

@ Yoss...you haven't met my wife! She could break a pretty boy like you in half without breaking a sweat ;) (that was however a point scoring comment :lol: )

Yossarian
19th January 2010, 02:40 PM
You think I am pretty?

Also I am a lot more dangerous than I look thanks to my ninja training.

bergsey
19th January 2010, 02:41 PM

Mine will be 32 weeks with our second... just treat her to a day spa or something and she'll come around. that said i'm sure this will be the last hurrah for golf for a while to come

bergsey
19th January 2010, 02:43 PM

Yep even they can have babies these days

adlo
19th January 2010, 02:43 PM
It will be a great way to go out Hansel. Actually, I couldn't think of a better way.

Yossarian
19th January 2010, 02:44 PM
Yep even they can have babies these days

Congrats to you and your life partner bergsey! :wink:

It will be a fine way to go out.

bergsey
19th January 2010, 02:45 PM
It will be a great way to go out Hansel. Actually, I couldn't think of a better way.

Absolutely mate, go down all guns a' blazing. Plenty of time to get my handicap out to 20+ by then as well ;)

adlo
19th January 2010, 02:46 PM
Bandits galore!!!!!

adlo
19th January 2010, 02:52 PM
Is anyone else's head spinning from all the 2010 1st tee threads today?

Surely the WA crew could not be blamed for a few misplaced posts?

Yossarian
19th January 2010, 02:53 PM
A little. I am just adopting the JC approach of post whatever comes to mind in whatever thread I happen to be in.

On that note

boobs.

TourFit
19th January 2010, 03:29 PM
BOOBS =P~ Ooooh...now you're talking!!!

Pieface, you seem surprised that women grizzle! Mine does it more than the bear that they named after it...

Don't tell her...just leave! At 28 weeks her memory will be shot anyway and she won't remember that you "told her where you were going yesterday!!"

And Yoss wouldn't be able to make ANY woman sweat anyway, so don't think YOUR missus is special !!!

adlo
19th January 2010, 03:30 PM
You should start a "Marriage advice with TourSplit" thread.

Zeusgolf
19th January 2010, 03:37 PM

My other half chuckled when I told her your excuse.....She has 3 more months to go......:smt079

Pieface
19th January 2010, 03:37 PM

:smt038:smt038:smt038 High-larious!

adlo
19th January 2010, 03:47 PM
Babies incoming for Bergsey, Pieface and Zeus.

WA OzGolf days could be a lot quieter soon.

TourFit
19th January 2010, 03:50 PM

1) Practice helicoptering putters (or wedges) in order to let off some pre- golf marital steam...

2) When you go to golf, don't tell them you're going to golf!! Tell them you're off to root your new mistress. On your return, in golf gear and wearing sunscreen (re-apply BEFORE leaving course), she will BE RELIEVED that you have actually been to golf. :mrgreen:

3) DO NOT, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, ENCOURAGE HER TO PLAY GOLF IN ANY WAY (especially with you). IT IS A SURE FIRE WAY TO DESTROY YOUR ALREADY FRAGILE GAME...

4) When you return home from a poor day on the course and are a little tetchy, she will be irritated at you for being cross. With comments like "It's only a game..." and "How bad can it be?" What I suggest here is to flop out the ol' fella and wipe it on the curtains or tea towel...now she is pissed as well and there is at least a chance of an argument (and make-up sex!! And who doesn't like that?)

5) One of my personal favourites is when she says to friends "I don't understand golf at all...like...a four putt can't be THAT bad can it?". At this point just punch her REALLY hard in the solar plexus, which is under the breasts (she'll try & cover these up, thinking you're going the grope...so be aware) . While she's on her knees with the wind completely out of her tell her "That's what it's like to four putt!"

Also, be aware that POINT 5 may well lead to a large round object being inserted where you least want it, when you least expect it, in order to TRY and simulate to you what childbirth feels like (they ALWAYS fall back on the childbirth/martyr thing). At this, you should state that men, had they a biological urge to pass a large object through their nether region, would merely take a golf magazine to read for a few hours and then resume what they were doing before. Kinda like what we ALREADY do !!!

See you NEXT MONTH...for some more handy hints!!!

Johnny Canuck
19th January 2010, 03:50 PM
Only if Tourfit stops coming.

adlo
19th January 2010, 03:53 PM
Posts 37 and 38.

Please...... stop...... I am crying.

:smt046

Pieface
19th January 2010, 03:57 PM
My other half chuckled when I told her your excuse.....She has 3 more months to go......:smt079

That is just rubbing it in Zues!

Slow day at the office TF? Not bad though...

Adlo can TF be in my group when I matchplay JC? :D

adlo
19th January 2010, 03:59 PM
Adlo can TF be in my group when I matchplay JC? :D

I dunno. I can't be in charge of all tee times every OzGolf day.

One thing is for sure though. idgolfguy is teeing off first next time. I have never seen him annoyed until Sunday @ Kwinana!

idgolfguy
19th January 2010, 04:14 PM
I dunno. I can't be in charge of all tee times every OzGolf day.

One thing is for sure though. idgolfguy is teeing off first next time. I have never seen him annoyed until Sunday @ Kwinana!

More to do with crap putting and a really sore forehead. Never had a tension headache or migrane before.

Given that, they were slow for good golfers. And yes, I would like to be in the first group after Mt Lawley and Kwinana. The combined elapsed time for both of those was just over 11 hours.

Johnny Canuck
19th January 2010, 04:32 PM
After 12 holes I had hit 2 greens in reg, Mega 1.

It didn't help things at all.

Whenever ID brought it up, it sounded to us like it was in a joking manner (especially when Pieface was 4m in front of the ladies on 15).

We would have had no problems with anyone playing through.

Pieface
19th January 2010, 04:36 PM
We did seem to be slow...was it a hole and a half behind by the end :oops:

... and midget years are worth 7 normal people years so I can understand the concern over a slow round from the final party.

adlo
19th January 2010, 05:15 PM

... and midget years are worth 7 normal people years so I can understand the concern over a slow round from the final party.

Snap!

Zeusgolf
19th January 2010, 05:43 PM
Babies incoming for Bergsey, Pieface and Zeus.

No babies here yet still practicing....

Johnny Canuck
19th January 2010, 05:45 PM
A little. I am just adopting the JC approach of post whatever comes to mind in whatever thread I happen to be in.

On that note

boobs.

Good to see you are coming around.

It's a safe and easy approach.

Like anyone would moderate a WA thread anyways.

bergsey
19th January 2010, 05:51 PM
The combined elapsed time for both of those was just over 11 hours.

Its something that seriously we all need to take consideration of. I know i can speed up my pace of play as well.

Perhaps if people don't want to feel like they are rushing they can ask for the tee times at the back of the field? .... btw it's not a high handicapper v low handicapper thing either....... have played with plenty of fast 27 handicappers and with extremely slow single digit players as well.

Johnny Canuck
19th January 2010, 05:55 PM
I found I couldn't move too quickly in the heat, at all.

It was also hard to get to our balls to hit as we had to worry about Pieface coming up from the rear:mrgreen:.

TourFit
19th January 2010, 06:01 PM
Its something that seriously we all need to take consideration of. I know i can speed up my pace of play as well.

Perhaps if people don't want to feel like they are rushing they can ask for the tee times at the back of the field? .... btw it's not a high handicapper v low handicapper thing either....... have played with plenty of fast 27 handicappers and with extremely slow, Canadian, single digit players, who move back and forth between clubs, wondering whether to hit the 3/4 low punch cut 5 iron or the full standard 6. Or maybe a REALLY hard 7 for a high spin soft landing shot!!!

:shock:

Pieface
19th January 2010, 06:02 PM
Don't worry JC I won't be so cautious in our matchplay.

Pieface by KO on the second! That's a legitimate score right?

idgolfguy
19th January 2010, 06:09 PM
After 12 holes I had hit 2 greens in reg, Mega 1.

It didn't help things at all.

Whenever ID brought it up, it sounded to us like it was in a joking manner (especially when Pieface was 4m in front of the ladies on 15).

We would have had no problems with anyone playing through.

Couldn't be helped we just thought 4.5 hours after 13 holes - seemed excessive. Or is just WA -wait awhile.

idgolfguy
19th January 2010, 06:11 PM

I'm also older than most of you - so spending more time than I need to on anything is annoying to me as time passes more quickly the older you get.

Yossarian
19th January 2010, 06:12 PM
Our group was done in four hours wasn't it?

Zeusgolf
19th January 2010, 06:12 PM
Couldn't be helped we just thought 4.5 hours after 13 holes - seemed excessive.

Sorry :oops:

Pieface
19th January 2010, 06:18 PM
I'm also older than most of you - so spending more time than I need to on anything is annoying to me as time passes more quickly the older you get.

I know a guy who knows a guy who can hook you up with something for that

I mean nothing to see here Zues, move along... :lol:

4.5hrs after 13 for real? That is ridiculously slow id. I will try to lift my game in that department next time out.

Zeusgolf
19th January 2010, 06:24 PM

4.5hrs after 13 for real? That is ridiculously slow id. I will try to lift my game in that department next time out.

Can you hook me up ???:lol:

idgolfguy
19th January 2010, 06:26 PM

We were surprised when we looked at the time too. It was 4.5 hours at that point. We were waiting to tee-off on the 14th. The group behind us were grumbling very loudly as they were in a cart.

I probably do need something to slow me down.
I was an 'ADD' kid before that diagnosis was around. Our housekeeper use to drug me with alcohol and hash to keep me quiet as kid in Singapore. It was about six months before my parents realised something was up. I was always asleep when they came back from work in the evenings.

Zeusgolf
19th January 2010, 06:29 PM
We tired to push but the heat was killing us......

Yossarian
19th January 2010, 06:29 PM
Ignore.

Pieface
19th January 2010, 06:32 PM
How long were the first two groups in the clubhouse for before we arrived?

Moe Norman
19th January 2010, 06:41 PM
no chance for me

Johnny Canuck
19th January 2010, 07:15 PM
We tired to push but the heat was killing us......

I was keeping an eye on the time as well and I remember how surprised the group was when I told them the front 9 took 2:40. We were only 1 hole behind at that point.

I remember trying to push on the 15th tee.

JC, right, behind a tree.

Zeus, further right, provisional way further right.

Pieface, immediately right, directly off a tree which elicited chants on "Jug! Jug! Jug!" before the ball stopped 4m short making its way back past the ladies.

The fact that the group holed about 1 putt longer than 8 feet on the day really didn't help things on greens when we weren't wiping holes and everyone had to putt out.

I would guess that we had more than 150 putts in total.

zrw
19th January 2010, 07:30 PM
Adlo sorry can`t make it wife working all weekend me got kids

Bruce Dickinson
19th January 2010, 07:32 PM
How long were the first two groups in the clubhouse for before we arrived?
enough time for two beers

simmsy
19th January 2010, 07:52 PM
i had two beers, gatorade, hamburger and a egg and salad sandwich before the final group got home.

MegaWatty
19th January 2010, 08:21 PM
How many had electric buggies?

simmsy
19th January 2010, 08:53 PM
do yourself a favour Mega, go and get one.

you are a big enough ho to own atleast 2 of them, like IDG:D

MegaWatty
19th January 2010, 08:55 PM
Can't buy one yet mate. I'm only 32, and am dropping kilos at the
moment. Got to keep pushing until I'm at least 35. The Pings are a big enough issue for me at 32. I think you have to be at least 100 to own some!

idgolfguy
19th January 2010, 08:58 PM
Two in the first and one in the last. Just one of those things, the second last group was having a bad day for every one and the last group was generally having a good day among other things.

Electric buggies may have made a difference but the first and second groups were in on a reasonable time.

MegaWatty
19th January 2010, 09:03 PM
I was just trying to work out how many ghey Ozgolfers were out there. ;)

idgolfguy
19th January 2010, 09:05 PM
The powered buggies are cheaper than the quality push buggies of Ebay. Mine have been quite reliable and look very similar to the locally bought models of the same age.

The three and half year old model is still on the same battery and could manage 36 holes still. The newer one is almost two years old now. However, I am not a heavy user and usually use at Pennants, comps an 36 holes in one day.

MegaWatty
19th January 2010, 09:08 PM
One day. I've got my Smoothy for the moment. It'd be good to have a powered Smoothy to help take some strain off the frame, but it would have to have sone pretty tight springs to keep it off the ground because of the weight of the battery.

idgolfguy
19th January 2010, 09:09 PM
Can't buy one yet mate. I'm only 32, and am dropping kilos at the
moment. Got to keep pushing until I'm at least 35. The Pings are a big enough issue for me at 32. I think you have to be at least 100 to own some!

I'm going to be half way there 4 or 5 years or so. Maybe I should retire my 7 carry bags and get a couple of Eagle and birdie bags.

idgolfguy
19th January 2010, 09:18 PM
I should have stayed home on Sunday as I am sitting at the after hours DR waiting to for him to show up. Due to swelling on my forehead, my whole face is swollen and haveno idea what's going on.

May have to take the morning off. No - wait... There's a slot free for Scroungers tomorrow morning at 6.10. I wonder if that will fly by the Mrs?

I'll pencil myself in and take it off later tonight if I have to.

Yossarian
19th January 2010, 09:20 PM
??? You ok id??

MegaWatty
19th January 2010, 09:21 PM
Could it have been Nuffie talking you shot by shot through that hole that he just played...with you?

idgolfguy
19th January 2010, 09:38 PM
I'd hit my head Thursday with a bolt sticking out underneath a desk in the morning. Didn't think much about it. By Saturday my whole forehead was swollen due to the little lump. I managed to play the Vines and couldn't miss Kwinana. The Mrs wasn't too keen on me playing on Sunday. Hence my crankiness.

I've been at work both days as I'm flat out at the moment and around my eyes are very swollen like I'd pissed JC or Zues off.

Just seen him and he's given me antibiotics due to infection.

Yossarian
19th January 2010, 09:43 PM
Shit mate! That is rough!

TourFit
19th January 2010, 10:08 PM
You sure you didn't bounce a ball fair off a tree and into the noggin id???

Apparently that leaves a nasty lump too...

Try picking it up...AND TAKING IT WITH YOU!

idgolfguy
19th January 2010, 10:29 PM
The trees are my fwends.

bergsey
19th January 2010, 11:01 PM
Is the USGA handicap calculation system going to be in place prior to these champs? just thinking could result in some interesting handicap changes.....

simmsy
20th January 2010, 12:15 AM
Is the USGA handicap calculation system going to be in place prior to these champs? just thinking could result in some interesting handicap changes.....

not yet!

Golfnut
20th January 2010, 12:31 AM
Put me in Pen for the Friday session gents.....Yipee!!!
Will get to stretch the legs on the GT too....double Yipee!!!

Hopefully we'll get an early start for the first game if possible, that way I'll be a definite for the Biningup game too....but happy to go with the flow.

MegaWatty
20th January 2010, 12:32 AM
I'm happy to play KB to level it up on the Friday.

Golfnut
20th January 2010, 12:37 AM
Babies incoming for Bergsey, Pieface and Golfnut.

Sad but true :cry: I'll be up to 3 by late June....Lord help me!!!

idgolfguy
20th January 2010, 12:41 AM
Never sad to have the kids get in the way.

MegaWatty
20th January 2010, 12:43 AM
I joined a club again the week after my 2nd was born. My whole outlook on life changed because of it. I now take an extra half day off work to play golf so that Friday us family day, and not golf day like it had been...except for KB champs day 1!

Golfnut
20th January 2010, 12:46 AM
Never sad to have the kids get in the way.

Didn't mean the Kids ID....love 'em to death and they take priority over golf.

Meant the bit about Ozgolf days getting quieter.....

idgolfguy
20th January 2010, 12:51 AM
Sorry mate, should have known that, knowing you a little better.

adlo
20th January 2010, 02:23 AM
Gentelmen, OP updates and thanks for the RSVPs.

idgg, hope the head is OK, please let us know how you go.

Re: pace of play. We were done in 4:50 on Sunday, with the second group more or less on our tail much of the day. We tried to speed things along as much as possible, there was a combination of factors at play.

Veefore
20th January 2010, 09:26 AM
I should take some responsibility for that being the low 'capper in the group. I should have been watching the clock more. Obviously my concentration was somewhere else as I really had no idea were were going that slow. I am usually a fairly quick player and really dislike a slow game. Under the circumstances it was probably inconsiderate and selfish of me to have played. :(
My apologies to all.

Pieface
20th January 2010, 10:20 AM
I hear RBG have free shipping on bundles of thorns and hair shirts. Lets get serious about this self flagellation lads!

Group buy? :lol:

Zeusgolf
20th January 2010, 10:57 AM
I hear RBG have free shipping on bundles of thorns and hair shirts. Lets get serious about this self flagellation lads!

I bags the giant cross

TourFit
20th January 2010, 11:11 AM

HAHAHAHAHAHAH !!!! :smt038:smt038

baldy
20th January 2010, 01:50 PM
Gentelmen, OP updates and thanks for the RSVPs.

idgg, hope the head is OK, please let us know how you go.

Re: pace of play. We were done in 4:50 on Sunday, with the second group more or less on our tail much of the day. We tried to speed things along as much as possible, there was a combination of factors at play.

Can't blame me for much of the slow play as i was standing around waiting for you all to finish putting out on about 5 holes. ;)

adlo
20th January 2010, 02:22 PM

:smt038

Great call!

Can't blame me for much of the slow play as i was standing around waiting for you all to finish putting out on about 5 holes. ;)

Can't argue with that!!

idgolfguy
20th January 2010, 03:06 PM
I hope it didn't sound like I was making a big deal. Actually, I was at the time. In hindsight, and with drugs in me now and feeling better - it wasn't that big a deal. We all had fun with a good bunch of people.

Slow play is rampant everywhere. I tend to sprint to my ball so I have to learn to chill a bit.

How much are the shirts? Sounds like a Christian thing to do.

adlo
20th January 2010, 03:09 PM
I hope it didn't sound like I was making a big deal. Actually, I was at the time. In hindsight, and with drugs in me now and feeling better - it wasn't that big a deal. We all had fun with a good bunch of people.

Slow play is rampant everywhere. I tend to sprint to my ball so I have to learn to chill a bit.

How much are the shirts? Sounds like a Christian thing to do.

:smt038 Very nice.

Johnny Canuck
20th January 2010, 03:43 PM
I can't believe id made such a big deal out of this.

idgolfguy
20th January 2010, 04:16 PM
Is there such a thing as a whinging Indian?

TourFit
20th January 2010, 04:17 PM

Normal walking pace for the Giant Fweaks like JC, Adlo & pieface...it just looks like your little short legs are sprinting !!!

MegaWatty
20th January 2010, 07:50 PM
The company I had made it feel like a 2hr 20 round.

Johnny Canuck
21st January 2010, 12:00 AM
agreed.

it just felt so long for id because he had tourfit and nuffie with him. he started the round with a headache, no wonder he's been to the doctor.

Flavzz
21st January 2010, 03:13 PM
As much as I want to, I doubt i'll be making the trip to WA in the first half of this year, sorry Adlo. Looking forward to getting back tho.

MegaWatty
25th January 2010, 09:12 AM
Really? You working on The Vines? Which course?

Golfnut
25th January 2010, 09:31 AM
MW, where do you live? Just thinking if we're both heading down just for the Friday antics we should car pool.......I've got the ok to take the new GT Lib down if you want to ride shot gun.

MegaWatty
25th January 2010, 09:35 AM
Wattle Grove. Nice and close to Roe and Tonkin. You?

Wouldn't mind a roll in the GT. Looking at one when my current lease runs out.

Golfnut
25th January 2010, 09:39 AM
I'm down in Yangebup (just off stock Rd) so you could come down to my place and we'll go from there.

Johnny Canuck
25th January 2010, 09:41 AM
Man its difficult to read these threads..geez you blokes waffle on.
Can someone please summarise the deal for me ?
It appears to be Friday 26th to Sunday 28th.
Is the Friday game part of the Champs or a warm up ?
Where are the rounds at ?
Where are you staying on Fri and Sat night ?

It looks like I have a bit of work to do over there and would do my best to align dates to suit.

OK must get back to redesigning the front nine at The Vines...toodles.

1. Yes
2. Team game warm up at Kennedy and Binningup
3. Bussleton and Bunbury
4. Big house overlooking the water near Dunsborough

MegaWatty
25th January 2010, 10:09 AM
I'm down in Yangebup (just off stock Rd) so you could come down to my place and we'll go from there.

I'll let you know closer to the day. I may be on holidays and have a couple of things to do in the arvo, but I'll know closer to the day.

Last time I played KB, I picked me up an expensive photo in the mail, so it may be a wise move!

Golfnut
25th January 2010, 10:15 AM
No probs.....I definitely want to play Binningup so I imagine it would mean a late'ish departure to home.

MegaWatty
25th January 2010, 10:59 AM
Righto. I'm only playing KB, so I'm guessing we're on our own.

Johnny Canuck
25th January 2010, 11:23 AM
So..Friday morn @ KB and arvo at Binningup ?
Sat Buss....Sun Bunbury ?
When you say Big House....??? There better ot be a ****ing Casino there.

Yes, yes, yes and yes.

No casino, but I will be taking people's money at poker.

simmsy
25th January 2010, 03:32 PM
Man its difficult to read these threads..geez you blokes waffle on.
Can someone please summarise the deal for me ?
It appears to be Friday 26th to Sunday 28th.
Is the Friday game part of the Champs or a warm up ?
Where are the rounds at ?
Where are you staying on Fri and Sat night ?

It looks like I have a bit of work to do over there and would do my best to align dates to suit.

OK must get back to redesigning the front nine at The Vines...toodles.

Be good to see you there if you can make it g69

it'll be something like -

Matchplay at KB in the morning
Drive down to B'up and play a more lighthearted 9 holes but with bigish cash pool (hopefully)

Drive down to Bunkers Bay - sweet house on the water(well very close anyway), seriously if anyone likes diving, plenty of crays in this bay at that time of year.

Poker on Friday night

WA Champs start at Busso on Satdy morning
wrap it up on Sunday at Bunbury, i think lunch at Adlo's Dads house and then back to perth.

MegaWatty
25th January 2010, 03:55 PM
WTF???

What are you doing to our greens?

Johnny Canuck
25th January 2010, 03:56 PM
KB is a team match event, where I will publish the game shortly. It will be a blend of 3 different games, which change every 6 holes. ie. 6ambrose, 6 better ball, 6 where you both tee off and then finish the hole using your partners ball.

Binningup, I believe is 9 hole match play.

Teams will be drafted by ID and myself, and then matches decided in a Ryder Cup format.

simmsy
25th January 2010, 03:58 PM
you better speak to the Don.

simmsy
25th January 2010, 03:59 PM
Sounds absolutely spiffing Simmsy.
Hopefully we'll be ripping into the Harty 8th and 17th greens on the Monday.

as MW said WTF??

when is this starting??

simmsy
25th January 2010, 04:01 PM
bloody hell!

this is a WA thread fwend and we don't tolerate threadjacking of that nature around these parts!:razz:

MegaWatty
25th January 2010, 04:04 PM
You cheeky ****er!

8 is the trickiest green on the course. I'm sure it breaks uphill!!!

adlo
25th January 2010, 04:05 PM
G69, make sure you let loose with the chainsaw when you fix up Hartfield!

Johnny Canuck
25th January 2010, 04:08 PM
you better speak to the Don.

You talking to me old man?

MegaWatty
25th January 2010, 04:08 PM
G69, make sure you let loose with the chainsaw when you fix up Hartfield!

If you don't, I will!

The 6 trees on 5 are gonna be ringbarked shortly. And I'll use Simmsy's driver to remove the bark!!!

adlo
25th January 2010, 04:11 PM
You talking to me old man?

He is, OLS and I have been discussing it all, send me an email JC.

Johnny Canuck
25th January 2010, 04:12 PM
You send me an email, you have the info to discuss.

Yossarian
25th January 2010, 04:13 PM
This thread is getting uber confusing

http://i49.tinypic.com/ru6w5u.jpg

MegaWatty
25th January 2010, 04:14 PM
I've confused with the numbering. Which one is the green with the bunkers higher than the green surface ?

PS Stck your threadjack up your jaxy.

You are thinking of 7 or 8. 7 is the long kidney shaped green. Right to left uphill with a bunker on the corner of the fairway.

8 is downhill right to left with a slope a bunker on the right that has a large drop off to the green.

Yossarian
25th January 2010, 04:17 PM
8 is the green I three or four putted from two feet.

simmsy
25th January 2010, 04:22 PM
You are thinking of 7 or 8. 7 is the long kidney shaped green. Right to left uphill with a bunker on the corner of the fairway.

8 is downhill right to left with a slope a bunker on the right that has a large drop off to the green.

I find it funny whenever hills and Hartfield are used in the same sentance.

I know what you're saying MW, it's still funny though.

simmsy
25th January 2010, 04:24 PM
Oh...and G69 please get rid of the trees on the RHS of the teebox on #5. I fear MW will go through with his threat if this is not done.

Literally i have played golf with over 10 members that all want those trees gone, funnily enough they all move the ball right to left.

idgolfguy
25th January 2010, 04:39 PM
OK OK settle down..the story about the Vines and Harty was crap....just wanted to keep you blokes on your toes. :wink:

Missed the bit about the Vines. I didn't think we had the cash to do any work here.

simmsy
25th January 2010, 04:59 PM
idg - you haven't read the sundries list in your latest invoice from the vines have you.

bergsey
25th January 2010, 06:44 PM
I feel like i need something new for the champs.... group buy anyone?

adlo
25th January 2010, 06:46 PM
Just PM TF & MegaWatty :roll:

:lol:

MegaWatty
25th January 2010, 06:49 PM
I think I'm truly spent. I can arrange for a group buy....FROM ME!

idgolfguy
25th January 2010, 11:35 PM
I feel like i need something new for the champs.... group buy anyone?
How about a dinner jacket and some Wild Turkey?

simmsy
25th January 2010, 11:55 PM
Crown Royal whiskey

mmmm

now were talkin'

Yossarian
29th January 2010, 12:46 PM
I am thinking the Hot Touch putter cover should be given to the person who has the most putts, and they are forced to use it as their putter cover until next year.

simmsy
29th January 2010, 11:31 PM
so you will still have it after the champs!

did you think that through thoroughly before posting?:razz:

simmsy
30th January 2010, 10:35 PM
A SIDE THREAD HAS BEEN STARTED TO GET TOGETHER SOME DONATIONS AND PRIZES FOR THE WA CHAMPS WEEKEND, PLEASE GIVE GENEROUSLY.

this message was proudly sponsored by TEAM NUFFIE.

MegaWatty
30th January 2010, 10:39 PM
A SIDE THREAD HAS BEEN STARTED TO GET TOGETHER SOME DONATIONS AND PRIZES FOR THE WA CHAMPS WEEKEND, PLEASE GIVE GENEROUSLY.

this message was proudly sponsored by TEAM NUFFIE.

Where?

simmsy
30th January 2010, 11:37 PM
http://www.ozgolf.net/forums/showthread.php?t=17438

here.

MegaWatty
30th January 2010, 11:42 PM
Yeh, now!

simmsy
31st January 2010, 12:05 AM
:?

simmsy
5th February 2010, 02:52 PM
Hey 'FIT!

have you seen to it that your shirt for Day 1 of the champs has been adequately dyed and made to look like you've just stepped out of the Blue Oyster Bar?

Johnny Canuck
5th February 2010, 05:37 PM
ZRW should be joining us on the Friday at Kennedy.

TourFit
5th February 2010, 06:41 PM
Hey 'FIT!

have you seen to it that your shirt for Day 1 of the champs has been adequately dyed and made to look like you've just stepped out of the Blue Oyster Bar?

Erm...NOPE !

Was thinking of just leaving the shirt as is and getting it embroidered on the back...

OzGolf WA Champs - BITERS
2009 - TourFit

...with plenty of space underneath for 2010, which won't be me, (and so on)

simmsy
5th February 2010, 11:29 PM
that will cost a bit!

tye-dye is cheaper.

simmsy
11th February 2010, 03:07 PM
HEY!

have you ladies booked in the days at all courses?

i assume KB won't be a problem but i thought Busso & Bun'vegas would get pretty busy

Yossarian
11th February 2010, 07:26 PM
I may have to go to pencil for some of this. Know more next week...

simmsy
11th February 2010, 08:12 PM
no you don't.

you are committed to the cause and in thick black ink

Yossarian
11th February 2010, 08:15 PM
Negative, uni will have to take precedence. In my head I thought I started a couple of weeks into March but I actually start next week. So this will be around the pointy end of semester. I should be able to do sat/sun no worries. Friday will be oot though.

simmsy
11th February 2010, 08:38 PM
what!
a uni student that gives a rats about turning up to class? don't you young folk just download the class notes or atleast get someone to record it on your ipod?

Yossarian
11th February 2010, 08:39 PM
Yeah the law people are a bit smarter than that, not all the lectures are recorded for "copyright" reasons. I will attempt to work around it but I do need to take this a little seriously...

bergsey
11th February 2010, 10:31 PM
Just remember the wise words one of my uni lecturers said to me Yoss, anything more than 50% (i.e. a pass) is a wasted effort !

Yossarian
11th February 2010, 10:34 PM
Not in this case, it affects my job chances! Can't let the missus earn more than me ;)

simmsy
11th February 2010, 11:22 PM
don't worry mate, i'm predicting you will make a great career as a uni student.
how many degrees you up to now 3? i bet you can make it 5 by the time you hit 30.;)

TourFit
12th February 2010, 11:01 AM
You should buy a new driver Yoss....

....A GEEK !!!!

adlo
4th March 2010, 02:05 AM
OP updated. Numbers are good.

Pieface, did you say you'll play the Friday?

id, I have thrown NUFFIE in, are you sure he is not going to get crushed when his Mrs puts the foot down?

idgolfguy
4th March 2010, 09:19 AM
He was very excited when he told me that he was allowed to play! He wasn't sure if he would come on Friday after work or Saturday morning.

I will recommend fir him to do the overnight with us for obligatory pre-game talk/poker fest.

Zeusgolf
4th March 2010, 05:47 PM
He was very excited when he told me that he was allowed to play! He wasn't sure if he would come on Friday after work or Saturday morning.

I will recommend fir him to do the overnight with us for obligatory pre-game talk/poker fest.

I didn't know we organised hookers.....:smt023:smt023

TourFit
4th March 2010, 06:04 PM
...sounds like a plan though :wink:

Pieface
4th March 2010, 06:15 PM
http://www.flashasylum.com/db/files/Comics/Dave/comicrussianprostitutes1.png[/url]

idgolfguy
4th March 2010, 06:53 PM
I didn't know we organised hookers.....:smt023:smt023
Only on fairways for those who have softer shafts or get to handsy.

Golfnut
4th March 2010, 11:03 PM
Nice save ID.

Johnny Canuck
5th March 2010, 01:11 PM
Really, you think Yoss is ghey?

This was his status on FB yesterday :roll:

Yossarian loves black co(k.

I think you are lucky he didn't show up.....

:lol:

This guy confirmed yet?

Yossarian
5th March 2010, 07:51 PM
JC clearly you saw me post that I would appreciate my name and such being blurred.

Zeusgolf
5th March 2010, 09:50 PM
JC clearly you saw me post that I would appreciate my name and such being blurred.

To late we all wrote your name down.......

I'm going to get a home loan in your name.....

Johnny Canuck
5th March 2010, 10:42 PM
Glad to see that Goughy found the other one. I couldn't remember where it was. I only intended it to be up for a few minutes, but the site went down.

Better hope that Ziggy didn't see them. He's in Rockingham!