PDA

View Full Version : 2005 Pro V1 & Pro V1x

ben
5th March 2005, 03:59 PM
If anyone is interested, I'm going to bring in a bunch of the new 2005 Pro V balls. I'm waiting for a quote on shipping but I would expect them to be about $75-$78 per doz.

PM me if interested.

Jarro
5th March 2005, 08:40 PM
what's the differences from the older versions Ben :?:

markTHEblake
6th March 2005, 12:05 AM
2 yards longer according to the Titleist website.

ben
6th March 2005, 11:40 AM
Jazza,

Titleist say they have better feel, longer distance etc. RRP is going to be $99 in the shops, thats an expensive ball!

mike
6th March 2005, 08:45 PM
Why is it Ben can do what Squizzy can't ?

mike
7th March 2005, 12:00 AM
What I meant was , why was Squizzy's thread locked down ? This is the same sort of thing.

ben
7th March 2005, 06:35 AM
Hi Mike,

I'm not going to be making a cent on these. I'm passing these on at cost.

Fishman Dan
7th March 2005, 08:13 AM
What I meant was , why was Squizzy's thread locked down ? This is the same sort of thing.

Mike makes a good point. Profit isn't the concern here, but the golf industry is your core business?

Regardless - Ben, i need prices on shafts ;)

AndyP
7th March 2005, 08:46 AM
Goughy's lockdown post of squizzy's thread:

Sorry guys, but this ones getting locked down. It's nothing personal against anybody and nothing personal against squizzey. Everybody knows the pro-shop is for us to buy and sell our own stuff. And yes, some people may come across a bargain somewhere and try and sell it here to make a quick buck. But that is different than a person running a golf related business advertising there products here.

There are others who are active members of this site who have asked about advertising their golf related business in the pro-shop. I think it would be unfair to them to allow squizzy to do so.

I certainly have no problems with discussion about his products etc in the forums. It's been done many a time before and it will go on in the future.

And I don't mind if he's got some outlandish bargain that he's offering to ozgolf members. That would be cool because that's something special to the people here.

And he's certainly welcome to have his business in his sig. At least that way everyone can find his site.

I guess the statement in bold covers it. But I suppose it is a bit of a grey area.

mike
7th March 2005, 03:31 PM

:D :) :D

Do you really expect me to believe that ?

Fishman Dan
7th March 2005, 03:45 PM

:D :) :D

Do you really expect me to believe that ?

....however the freight is about $20 overpriced? :wink: :lol:

[Joke Ben...... it's a joke]

ben
7th March 2005, 03:55 PM
Miike,

You can believe what ever you want. I'm withdrawing the offer to ozgolf members, you can go and buy them from the shop. I was going to do a favour but I'd rather not bother.

Jarro
7th March 2005, 05:13 PM
I can't really see the problem with Ben trying to give an Ozgolfer a great deal :smt017

there are a lot of people here who continually seek his advice on shafts and what not, and he always helps where he can... without charge.

lighten up folks.

terryand
7th March 2005, 05:22 PM
I can't believe what I’m reading here.

Ben goes out of his way to help any of us with any equipment related questions we throw at him, without hesitation and in most cases no gain for himself.

Sure he might be lucky enough to get a sale out of some advise he give, but I don't think that happen very often here.

Yes I have bought gear of Ben, but in no way I felt compelled or pressured to do so from any of Ben's posts, or even in PM's.

Ben has been more than helpful on more than one occasion when I have had purely tech questions for him.

Terry.

nudgee
7th March 2005, 05:37 PM
What the hell just happen here!!

I for one was going to take Ben up on his offer - which I thought was fantastic - heck I wouldnt care if he made a couple of bucks to pay for his time of posting balls and actually purchasing them!!

I am with Terry on this one - Ben has been the source of a lot of great info on shafts and clubs - he offers us a great deal and we basically tell him to piss off!!

There is something wrong going on here.

Ben mate pm me with details on the balls as I would gladly purchase them from you!!

Unfreakingbelievable :evil:

Deano
7th March 2005, 05:38 PM
"I can't believe what I’m reading here."

:? :? :?

Surely there is a way for good honest chums like
Squizzy and Ben to make these offers to members.

Is sponsorship of the site available?

Any other solutions? It's not like these blokes are
tryin' to shift non-golf related items.

Deano

990B Luva
7th March 2005, 05:43 PM
Deano Ben is not making a profit from this, he has also given numerous amounts of info to OzGolfers, and this ia an OFFER only to OzGolf members, Ben most members have no problems with you advertising this, it is only a select few, and i hope Goughy or Jaster interrupt this ASAP and it is allowed

Deano
7th March 2005, 05:51 PM
"Deano Ben is not making a profit from this"

Appreciate that 990B Luva.

I have no interest in these balls myself,be dissapointing
though if something can't be worked out. :)

Deano

mike
7th March 2005, 06:47 PM
Miike,
You can believe what ever you want.

Settle Ben. I'm always sceptical when I hear someone in business saying they're selling something at cost. This may be true, only you know that. Squizzy's thread was shut down and for all we know he may have been selling them at cost , too. ( His were cheaper than yours BTW ) I just can't see the difference between your offer and Squizzy's.

I wasn't aware you were the Ozgolf shaft guru. I have no real interest in that side of golf.

ben
7th March 2005, 06:52 PM
Mike,

The balls I were going to offer are the 2005 Prov's not the 2004. They have not been released here yet. Anyway no matter. I really don't care. I don't carry balls (check my website) and I don't sell them in store.

Anyway as I said, I don't care, thanks for the support from the others, but I really can't be bothered trying to help people. You all know where I hang out and thats where you can find me if you need help.

davidp
7th March 2005, 07:18 PM
Simple tip. If you want them, buy them. If not, move on.

We need people involved in the golf industry like Ben around here. I'll guarantee that he's not going to be driving around in a Rolls Royce from the incidental sales that he makes from ozgolfers.

Ben sold me a shaft at a great price, and I know what his cost price was. I had to push him to increase the price to make a bit of profit on the deal. While Ben is a business man, he's also a family man as well. He has a family to feed through golf business. He doesn't make money on offers to sell. Incidentally on new 2005 product, below retail.

I don't blame you Ben, for withdrawing your offer. You've given your time and free advice to members here, and you get some blowtorch treatment in return. :oops:

mike
7th March 2005, 07:56 PM
Anyway no matter. I really don't care. I don't carry balls (check my website)

I checked your website, clicked on the 'golf balls' link, and this page came up. http://www.golfballs.com.au/default.asp?mainpage=

:shock:

You sure you don't sell golf balls ?

ben
7th March 2005, 07:59 PM
Mike,

I don't own golfballs.com.au, that link is purely a referall link. So no I DONT SELL GOLF BALLS. Now since you have no interest in this why not just move on? Seriously go join ISG or something, I think you'd be better suited there.

AndyP
7th March 2005, 08:00 PM
I can't believe how much over-reacting is going on this thread? :shock:

mike
7th March 2005, 08:10 PM
I'm already a member of ISG, have been for a few years, and I've bought equipment off you before.

It seems I'm the designated whipping boy here. There are forum rules that I happened to make mention of. The fact that you've given advice to ozgolf members before shouldn't come into it as far as I'm concerned. I'll step aside now and say no more of this. Let the moderators and admin sort it out.

Onewood
7th March 2005, 08:31 PM
Alright I've studied this thread for a while and I think I've worked it all out.
Has anyone ever seen Squizzy and Mike in the same room together ?
I think mike is squiz and he's upset at Ben getting amongst his ball action.
There....prove me wrong.

Good try but I've been in the same room as Mike and Squizzy wasnt there :wink: :D

markTHEblake
7th March 2005, 08:35 PM
There are forum rules that I happened to make mention of.

I thought the main thing that you happened to make a mention of was that you doubted his integrity.

I'm not going to be making a cent on these. I'm passing these on at cost. Do you really expect me to believe that ?

Seeings that your mentioning forum rules, what happened to Rule # 1 "Respecting Others"

Ben, you have probably had a bad day with Paint fumes ;-) and then this. The majority here appreciates it when you can offer to share a personal purchase. Keep em coming

mike
7th March 2005, 08:40 PM
see ya

Onewood
7th March 2005, 09:42 PM
see ya

I hope that's not a permanent see ya

I'd hope not to lose to good freinds over this thread

Mike and Ben please stick around

Ona
7th March 2005, 10:49 PM
wow.. when good things go bad

Trung
8th March 2005, 01:31 PM
:smt100

no more :smt064 :smt062 :smt084 please

how about a bit more of :smt008 8-[

:smt038

gazgolf1
8th March 2005, 01:48 PM
Holy crap. :shock:

BTW anybody want to buy 2 sleeves of Maxfli Revolution Tours. :wink:

Onewood
8th March 2005, 02:10 PM
Gaz,
Being a frequent Ebay seller we may have to view your bank statement to ensure this "hobby" isn't a fully blown business. Otherwise the hammer will fall on you're hobby hoing too.
By the way, I love the Lions but please get rid of Acker...its $hitz me.

You're loving this arent you :D

markTHEblake
8th March 2005, 02:47 PM
By the way, I love the Lions but please get rid of Acker...its $hitz me.

Ok, you have done it now.

AndyP
8th March 2005, 03:23 PM
Stop changing the topic guys.

Now.....back to the feistiness.

3oneday
8th March 2005, 06:02 PM

:smt038speaking of love :smt019 when is that game we are having Trungmeister ??? I wanna let you try one of my 2005 ProV1's....

Well.................. you can hold one............. for a second :roll:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Trung
8th March 2005, 09:37 PM

:smt038speaking of love :smt019 when is that game we are having Trungmeister ??? I wanna let you try one of my 2005 ProV1's....

Well.................. you can hold one............. for a second :roll:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Greens are very average right now. Can you put up with it? Give me a Yes and I will organise something :D

Here are a few options.

March 20
(assuming that my team lost our cricket semi-final this coming weekend Mar 12&13) :wink: .
1. Trung
2. Fishy (how are the ProV1Xs?)
3. 3oneday
4. have to find another member :oops:

March 28 (Easter Monday)
(Public Holiday so I can have a full group with 3 visitors)
1. Trung
2. Fishy (how are the ProV1Xs?)
3. 3oneday
4. another Ozgolfer?

March 28 is better for me.... Ok with you girlies?

3oneday
8th March 2005, 10:04 PM
Easter Monday sounds Ok, will check with the trouble etc and let you know.
Pete

davidp
8th March 2005, 10:08 PM
Did I just go into the 1st tee folder by mistake :?: :shock: