PDA

View Full Version : Robina Woods and Colonial

rodders
15th January 2010, 05:40 PM
Guys, got pissed off at work so booked the Mrs and I a quick trip to Gold Coast next weekend.

My club in Melbourne has visiting rights to both Robina and colonial. Shot an email to them and told $35 colonial cause greens cored last monday and $60 Robina. Both with cart.

Any queenslanders know if both or either worth the coin or should I look at alternative.

Cheers.

AndyP
15th January 2010, 06:13 PM
Worth the coin.

Tex
15th January 2010, 06:19 PM
Ditto.

Robina is better IMHO

Hawkers2008
15th January 2010, 08:17 PM
Robina is a really nice course. At times it hasn't allways been presented as well as it could be due to financial issues with some of its owners. Haven't played it in a while so don't know current condition. Unlike most GC courses its got lots of trees so its quite a bit different to the other courses. Its also got some decent elevation changes whereas most of the nearby courses are on the flat side.

Colonial is decent but not as good as Robina. If its cored I wouldn't bother.

rodders
15th January 2010, 10:48 PM
Cheers guys. Like the look of colonial but i'll be there only 10 days after coring and I hate it when greens are all sandy and shitty.

Also considering the RACV royal pines package for 3 nights. Any idea what that course is like. The package is about $440 pn but includes a suite, breakfast, golf and spa for Mrs.

PeteyD
17th January 2010, 09:04 AM
Better than Colonial with cored greens

Daves
17th January 2010, 09:09 AM
There are 27 holes at Royal Pines. The Western holes (on the other side of the road from the resort) are by far the better ones imo.

gregh
17th January 2010, 12:52 PM
played robina last sat 4 days after they were cored,besides being slow they were in good condition & should be spot on now, nice track