PDA

View Full Version : odessey 2 ball?

wavemaker
4th March 2005, 02:49 PM
I have had a coupla goes with one of these putters and found they really suit me. ie I hole quite a few more putts with this putter as opposed to the one I'm using now. There is a secong hand one at the pro shop atm for $180. It's a coupla years old , not showing any major signs of wear, has a few little rust spots low on the shaft. The guy at the shop rated it 75%. Is this good value, anything better on offer atm? Thanks in advance.

3oneday
4th March 2005, 03:00 PM
2nd hand with rust, $180 :shock: :shock: , sounds a little too pricey for me. You would go close to getting a new one for that price if you were patient enough I think, unless you were not keen on ebay of course.

Pete

damoocow
4th March 2005, 03:02 PM
Wavey - you can pick up some cheap knock offs in the 2 ball - mine was $50 from ebay - I have never used the real thing but I like my 'imitation' one - here are a couple - you would usually expect them a bit cheaper than this - but worth a look.

damoocow

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=1518&item=7138372629&rd=1

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=1518&item=7138907504&rd=1

Jarro
4th March 2005, 03:03 PM
$180 sounds a little bit dear to me.

try looking on Ebay and see what they are going for, but i'm sure you could get a better price than that around.

wavemaker
4th March 2005, 03:05 PM
Jeezus you guys are QUICK. Thanks for that. I will pass on this one and do a bit of looking around.

McMw
4th March 2005, 03:24 PM
the 2ball is good...I had 36 holes with one (mate's) and I had a good time on the green with them...

pity I had to return it...

but i would say, get the original or the CS model.....not the blade or the dfx...

Fishman Dan
4th March 2005, 04:08 PM
Wavey - sounds great. I've only used them in a shop before, but if one were to come up i'd seriously think about it. Perhaps $180 is a little above what most people here would expect to pay - but have you walked in and waved $140 under his nose? You might find yourself a few dollars better off if you tempt them? Try them on for size - ask him what his best best price is.

I bought my Odyssey White Hot #7 several years ago - i was 1/2 price ($130) 2nd hand and never regretted it. For a once-a-couple-of-years club purchaser like yourself i think you'll get value out of buying a putter of this value.

Would anyone care to tell me how rust on the shaft can affect putting?

wavemaker
4th March 2005, 04:22 PM
Mau and Fishman thanks for your replys too. The rust is tiny little dimples, seriously tiny, like pinpricks. I cant see it affecting the putt, just a case of longevity and looks. Original, CS, Blade , DFX?

3oneday
4th March 2005, 10:07 PM
You have to like a centre shafted putter to like a CS 2ball. Personally, heel shaft for me. I had the blade, loved it for ages, just increased weight to the WhiteSteel 2ball heel shafted, the alignment on those is great, in comparison to the older style anyway, but they are mid $200's. Sorry :oops: , if you liked the heel shafted, stick with that....
Pete