Onewood
3rd March 2005, 07:50 PM
Should we bag other peoples courses :roll:

terryand wrote:

Pete I prefer to spend an hour ans a half in the dentist chair than at Jindalee
Onewood wrote:

Come on guy's lets not start bagging golf courses
AndyP wrote:

Why not? Isn't that the sort of discussion a golf forum should have?

We all live in different areas and under different circumstances; this allows us to play the game we love on any course that is available, Regardless of the condition, length, cost or area.
I think it’s unfair that anyone can downgrade a course that is not up to other standards that we play.

I used to play on sand scrapes coz that’s all we had, and we had fun.

I know the guys that have mentioned things above, don’t mean anything by there comments but its small things like this that can prevent others from going along to a course and enjoying the company of a fellow Ozgolfer.

I for one enjoy playing any course with any Ozgolfer

cheers :wink:

Ona
3rd March 2005, 07:54 PM
i think the only way comments like those can prevent poeple from having fun is of someone makes a point of talking about them and making a fuss :roll:

too harsh :?:

Onewood
3rd March 2005, 07:56 PM
i think the only way comments like those can prevent poeple from having fun is of someone makes a point of talking about them and making a fuss :roll:

too harsh :?:

Good point 8) I didn't mean it to be harsh :oops:

peter_rs
3rd March 2005, 08:02 PM
Since I got included.

I agree one comment is not bad but if you push the point then its bad.

anyway i din't say anything bad I just said they needed water.

Anyway Isn't course condition a valid part of a golf forum? It can change over time.

Jarro
3rd March 2005, 08:09 PM
personally, i'd rather go and play the course myself anyway... and form an opinion on it myself.

some people will bag a perfectly good course for no other reason than they had a bad score there :roll:

peter_rs
3rd March 2005, 08:13 PM
THANK YOU JARRO FOR THE VOICE OF REASON.

Onewood
3rd March 2005, 08:47 PM
Have I missed something here...this is going straight thru to the keeper ? :oops:

I'm just saying that I can beat any golfer on any course regardless of condition :D

read between the lines :roll:

peter_rs
3rd March 2005, 08:52 PM
Have I missed something here...this is going straight thru to the keeper ? :oops:

I'm just saying that I can beat any golfer on any course regardless of condition :D

read between the lines :roll:

Can only mean we have found a player that does not blaem the course for his bad shots.

Onewood
3rd March 2005, 09:04 PM
Either you've had too much bourbon or I haven't had enough.

:oops: :oops: It's getting bad when someone can tell when I'm Slurring my typing :oops: :oops:

Big day out at Palm Meadows with the cop's :D

Keep it to yourself though :wink:

AndyP
4th March 2005, 08:08 AM
So if this is an "under-the-influence" thread, does that mean we ignore it?

We all live in different areas and under different circumstances; this allows us to play the game we love on any course that is available, Regardless of the condition, length, cost or area.
I think it’s unfair that anyone can downgrade a course that is not up to other standards that we play.
So we only comment on a course if we like it, and keep our mouth shut if we don't like a course?
I don't think so.
I doubt moocow is going to take back his comments about Royal Qld, and I don't think his comments would stop my enjoyment if playing there anyway.

personally, i'd rather go and play the course myself anyway... and form an opinion on it myself.
I agree with jarro. And what anyone writes about a course here is only an opinion. As is any post.

And there's no reason why you can't enjoy golf on a "bad" course anyway.

3oneday
4th March 2005, 08:54 AM
And there's no reason why you can't enjoy golf on a "bad" course anyway.my most enjoyable recent game of golf (sorry Fishy, not you :lol: ) was on a par 66 course at Forster, with my brother, father and father-in-law (luckily Mother-in-law wasn't there :smt064 ) .

Relaxing, enjoyable, goat track. It's what you make of it I suppose.

Pete

Fishman Dan
4th March 2005, 09:27 AM
my most enjoyable recent game of golf (sorry Fishy, not you :lol: ) Relaxing, enjoyable, goat track. It's what you make of it I suppose.

That would have been a shock to the system. I'd be worried if spending time watching me disintegrate on a golf course was worth more than spending it with family.

Same goes for me here - I really like playing at Gordon. I think it's par 65, but there's enough there to keep you coming back. Best of all they have an Open Day Sunday's and you can usually slot in a single booking, and the members are more than accomodating.

But there's not much to choose from in Sydney.

markTHEblake
4th March 2005, 05:04 PM
my most enjoyable recent game of golf (sorry Fishy, not you :lol: ) was on a par 66 course at Forster,

There is some bloody hard holes at Forster!, mind you it gets a bit easier when the wind drops below 20 knots.

In fact i seemed to enjoy playing Forster more than Tuncurry.

Then again i preferred Krambach to both of them.

Jarro
4th March 2005, 05:11 PM
christ-almighty Blakey

..... is there any cowpaddock you HAVEN'T played on :roll:

markTHEblake
4th March 2005, 07:51 PM
Then again i preferred Krambach to both of them.

..... is there any cowpaddock you HAVEN'T played on

Jarro, i dont think you realise how funny what you said is?

I may well be the only golfer here thats played on a cow paddock.

A lot of golf courses are said to be goat tracks or cow paddocks but be very few can claim with pride that they actually are.

Krambach golf club is really a cow paddock!

it has fenced square greens, and a special local rule, Cow poo is an immovable obstruction. The cows are not always on the course though, most of the time they are on adjacent paddocks.

The course is owned, constructed, and maintained by the cow farmer who owns all the land. He lets the cows graze to keep the rough down and when the other pasture is low on grass.

Anyway its an interesting layout, and some testing holes. and at the time was only a $5 green fee deposited into an honour box.