PDA

View Full Version : NSW: Sunday 31st January - Highlands

Grunt
11th January 2010, 05:02 PM
Another girls party at home is scheduled so a golf game is being looked into.

Who is keen for a hit with an out and out hacker? Not really worried about where. Tee Time is mid morning to lunch preferred.

Highlands GC 11am tee off.

Jimandr 34 points (I think)
Grunt 27 points
Terrys 27 points

KristianJ
11th January 2010, 05:09 PM
Comp?

Grunt
11th January 2010, 05:11 PM
Will more than likely be comp yes Kristian

KristianJ
11th January 2010, 05:18 PM
Thought so...I'm trying to get this whole membership thing sorted out soon, but doubt it'll be done by the end of this month.

Grunt
11th January 2010, 05:20 PM
No Worries

Also a mate that is a non ozgolfer has suggested Antill Park. Might limit the chances of many on here playing. Maybe some of the South west Sydney guys may be keen.

Sydney Hacker
11th January 2010, 05:22 PM
I might be a chance Grant, but won't know for a week or so.

I am considering heading down to Highlands (Mittagong) for a game at some stage if you are interested.

Grunt
11th January 2010, 05:26 PM
I might be a chance Grant, but won't know for a week or so.

I am considering heading down to Highlands (Mittagong) for a game at some stage if you are interested.

Very keen on Highlands, have driven past a few times and always said I will play there.

Sydney Hacker
11th January 2010, 05:30 PM
We are tossing up moving to Bowral so I am going to make a couple of trips down that way to suss the area out. Highlands is the cheapest club up that way from what I have seen so I will try it out first.

Grunt
11th January 2010, 05:59 PM
Moss Vale is a nice course too.

jimandr
11th January 2010, 09:15 PM
I should be available, as long as the weather forecast doesn't predict 40 degrees.

I don't think Antill Park does a Sunday comp, and I'm not sure about Highlands either.

We might be able to get Uahmad to invite us to Cumberland.

Andrew
11th January 2010, 10:19 PM
Highlands normally have a Sunday comp. You would have no trouble getting a spot though.

Just remember, if you are not sure which way a putt goes, everything goes towards the road.

Sydney Hacker
12th January 2010, 07:14 AM
Highlands normally have a Sunday comp. You would have no trouble getting a spot though.

Just remember, if you are not sure which way a putt goes, everything goes towards the road.

Handy to know... I just generally close my eyes, hit it somewhere towards the hole and hope !

Sydney Hacker
16th January 2010, 07:52 AM
Any interest in a game somewhere on this day ? I should be able to get out now so let me know if anyone is keen and if there is any preferences where we play.

Grunt
16th January 2010, 02:08 PM
Still keen myself. Open to almost anywhere, and I mean almost.

jimandr
19th January 2010, 10:36 PM
I want to bump this thread for two reasons. Firstly to indicate that I'm still available for a game, and secondly, now that I have drawn myself against Sydney Hacker in the Matchplay, we can play our Match if he is still free.

I looked at the Sunday results in the Monday paper, and Moss Vale was the only Southern Highlands venue with its results listed. If SH still wants to visit that region, I'm happy to go to Moss Vale. Otherwise, some phone calls might need to be made.

Otherwise, I still suggest Cumberland as a good Sunday venue. Previously, we haven't had a problem getting a group slot after 11am.

Sydney Hacker
20th January 2010, 06:59 AM
Unfortunately I was advised last night that I WILL be taking the boy to a birthday party on the 31st.

The tone it was said in left me in no doubt that it was not up to negotiation, probably because the boss is taking him to 2 parties on the Saturday...

So where does that leave us Jim ? Are you ok for a mid week game at some stage ?

Grunt
20th January 2010, 06:15 PM
Jim, I am good for Cumberland, will see if the person (Have forgottten) I have draw is keen to play too.

Grunt
24th January 2010, 09:59 AM
PM sent to TerryS to see if he wants to play the matchplay next week. Will see if he can play and where.

Jim, where would you like to play or should we just play at Cumberland? I am easy have not had a game for a few weeks so anywhere will be tough slog for me at the moment

terrys
24th January 2010, 01:47 PM
As per PM to Grant, I am keen to play, but i need to be home by 4, 5 at the latest and i live in the Southern Highlands (Mt Broughton is my home club) so if play in Sydney I need to be heading back by 3.30 at the latest, so would probably need a 10:30 tee time to be safe. If the game was at Moss Vale, Highlands etc, a later tee time would be fine.

Grunt
24th January 2010, 01:55 PM
Highlands would be good for me! I will PM yourself and Jim. Sounds like a plan.

Grunt
24th January 2010, 02:35 PM
Just rang Highlands, Open comp all day Sunday. $15 for visitors $45 with a cart.

Who is keen to join myself Terrys & Jim?

How does a 10:30 or 11am tee time suit everyone?

jimandr
24th January 2010, 09:08 PM
I am definitely in. It might be 10 years since I've played Highlands, so I'm looking forward to seeing if any further improvements have been made.

The 18th is one of my favourite finishing holes to view from the clubhouse. A downhill 110m par 3, where you can see near holes in one, or horrible scores, all from the balcony while enjoying a beverage. I'll have to tell Grunt not to overclub like he did at Wallacia.

terrys
25th January 2010, 04:18 PM
anywhere around those times will be good for me.

I've only ever played the front 9 holes at Highlands, but we did play the 18th as we snuck back in because a rain storm scared most everyone off the course. I landed one nicely on the green after bouncing it off the club house roof.

will we be walking or carting? either is good for me

Grunt
25th January 2010, 04:21 PM
I'll be walking. How does 10.30 sound?

terrys
25th January 2010, 04:26 PM
walking at 10:30 is good for me.

Grunt
25th January 2010, 07:23 PM
Anyone for the spare slot?

WBennett
25th January 2010, 07:24 PM
Sorry Grunt, wish I could but hosting AndyA from TGF at my home club. When is your next Canberra trip?

ParMaster
25th January 2010, 07:32 PM
Sorry grunt, I was going to play in this but I'll be trying my luck in The Lakes medal (36 holes) that day.

Grunt
25th January 2010, 07:55 PM
Sorry Grunt, wish I could but hosting AndyA from TGF at my home club. When is your next Canberra trip?

Am off weekends & Mondays till mid March confirmed at this stage. Plan a day and I will join you.

Grunt
29th January 2010, 09:28 AM
Tee time booked
11am
Still a slot for another player.

terrys
29th January 2010, 02:41 PM
See you there about 10:30, Grant.

ParMaster
29th January 2010, 10:19 PM
Have fun guys.

Andrew
29th January 2010, 11:21 PM
Just remember, allow for everything running toward the road. Especially holes like 8, 12, 16 & 17.

I'll also be interested in what you think of the 7th.

Grunt
30th January 2010, 06:37 PM
Got a 4th player to join us. A mate

See you all tomorrow.

terrys
30th January 2010, 07:45 PM
here is today's form.

Par event at Mt Broughton. Had 6 pluses and tempered that with 10 minuses! How is that for consistency!

Grunt
30th January 2010, 09:13 PM
Late start to the sledging but I think I am the outsider here, Terry has stated his bad round and never seen me play. You all know how crap I play.

Go The Underdog!

Grunt
30th January 2010, 09:15 PM
And I have to give him 2 shots!!!

terrys
30th January 2010, 09:28 PM
you have to give me 2 shots because I am shit

Grunt
30th January 2010, 09:33 PM
you must be bad if I have to give you shots. :)

Grunt
30th January 2010, 09:35 PM
Looks like the battle of the Consistently inconsistent's! Bring it on!

terrys
30th January 2010, 09:43 PM
should be fun!

Grunt
30th January 2010, 09:57 PM
It can be fun? It is serious!

It is for the most Prestigious Championship in NSW Golf,

The NSW OZGolf Championship. We are blessed with the presence of the match play guru Jim, 1 loss from many over the last few years. I, want to be like him. Pup wants to be like him!

I am may be friendly on the practice green, but out on the course I will be in the zone. No Friends in the battle! I will be in the zone!

Game on!

Grunt
31st January 2010, 05:42 PM
should be fun!

It certainly was fun, thanks Jim & Terry. Was a nice introduction to Highlands GC. A nice course.

Jim played what Terry classed as boring golf.

Terry will have to explain his adventure on the 11th hole!!

KristianJ
31st January 2010, 05:43 PM
So who proceeds to the next round?

Grunt
31st January 2010, 05:51 PM
So who proceeds to the next round?

Me!! :smt038

jimandr
31st January 2010, 09:21 PM
I thoroughly enjoyed our day at Highlands today. A bit of light rain through the front nine, then some heavy rain at 10, then it was all over and reasonably pleasant conditions for golf. A bit humid, but a humid 22 is much more pleasant than the humid 28 we experienced back in Sydney when we got out of the car.

It was good to meet TerryS, who had the most unique reason to be home by 4.00pm we've heard so far. He had to be home to feed the cows!!!!

I couldn't remember Highlands very well from my previous visits, so I was pleasantly surprised. I quite enjoyed the course. A few greens have been redone since I was last there, and there is one new hole.

Andrew wanted to know what we thought of the 7th. From a strictly result-based point we loved it, as we all had regulation par 4's, the only time we did that all day. But I would think it is a hole you'd get sick of very quickly, as there is no realistic option except to hit a tee shot 150, then hit your 90m club the rest of the way. Big hitters could probably take it on and carry it 240, but there didn't seem much reward for the risk. I thought it would possibly be a better hole as a 120m par 3.

Choppa
13th May 2010, 06:51 PM
Included in 2010 POTY