PDA

View Full Version : Are Bucket hats Metro?

markTHEblake
10th January 2010, 10:26 PM
What is the fascination with bucket hats? So many golfers wear them.

Obviously the thinking is being sunsmart, but I am not a fan of the look of them, and they dont seem to give much more sun protection than a cap.

I know they have a brim and it does cover the ears and back of the neck but only a little bit, and no more i think than a bit of extra hair, and the protection of the face is much less than a cap.

Personally i would rather wear a very wide brim hat like a Greg Norman style akubra but how do those things stay on his head? the wind keeps blowing that kind of hat off me (as Jaybam said about Ballina)

BrisVegas
10th January 2010, 10:30 PM
no, not metro. I wear one to keep the sun off my ears. I prefer the look of a cap, but wear a bucket for the sun protection.

TheTrueReview
10th January 2010, 10:37 PM
After having trouble finding bucket hats to fit my noggin, I've moved on to one of these.

http://i392.photobucket.com/albums/pp2/thetruereview01/Attach-a-flap.png

$17.95 from the Sunsmart shop. Works a treat.

MegaWatty
10th January 2010, 10:38 PM
Is having skin cancers cut out of your skin metro? A bucket hat gives you as much coverage on the face as a cap, plus the combo of the brim at the back plus your collar up, there is very little room for the sun.

FWIW, the best bucket hat at the moment is the 2010 Titleist. Although I bought one in winter which was the perfect fit...but my head is a little bit bigger when it's hot...next size up I think!

mike
10th January 2010, 10:38 PM
I don't wear them because they look stupid. Plus they don't keep much sun off at all. I wear a Gray Nicholl cricket hat most of the time.

zigwah
10th January 2010, 10:47 PM
what does a bucket hat look like?

matty
10th January 2010, 10:47 PM
I'd prefer to wear no hat but wear a cap for the sun, collar up for the neck on hotter days and heaps of suncream over the ears.

Hats seem to make my head hotter.

matty
10th January 2010, 10:48 PM

an upside down thimble with a tiny peak that runs all the way around. Very unimpressive.

henno
10th January 2010, 10:50 PM
I'd prefer to wear no hat but wear a cap for the sun, collar up for the neck on hotter days and heaps of suncream over the ears.

I'm with matty. Bucket hats look silly on most people other than BrisVegas. I've seen him in a bucket hat so often he looks a bit weird when he's hatless! :razz:

mike
10th January 2010, 10:52 PM
http://www.openfitting.com/dk/buckethead.jpg

Daves
10th January 2010, 10:53 PM

http://www.tgw.com/images/products/apparel/rainwear/zerorestriction/5705/cfli-black.jpg

zigwah
10th January 2010, 11:02 PM
ahhh old codger hats

KristianJ
10th January 2010, 11:06 PM

That chin strap would get in the way too easily.

Hux
10th January 2010, 11:06 PM
Not everyone wants to look like a refugee from the 70's with long hair MTB. The hippy look just doesn't work when your hair is greying or falling out or both OR you have to comply with a dress code for work that says you have short hair.

Bucket hats may not look exactly great but with a neighbour with not much left of his ears from sun cancer removal I find the alternative isn't so appealing!

mike
10th January 2010, 11:11 PM
I had one once and it was hopeless for keeping the sun off you nose and back of the neck. It was a useless POS and looked rediculous.

parlyboy
10th January 2010, 11:12 PM

This bucket looks familiar, im sure i made a few fugly's wear it just before intercourse in my prime and younger days.....:oops:

Yossarian
10th January 2010, 11:16 PM
Simmsy wears one so no they are not.

mike
10th January 2010, 11:16 PM
Are Bucket hats Metro?What's 'metro' mean anyway?

Hux
10th January 2010, 11:20 PM
I had one once and it was hopeless for keeping the sun off you nose and back of the neck. It was are a useless POS and looked rediculous.

Where do you keep your ears Mike?
I am moving to a bucket hat cause I couldn't give a rats ass about appearance. Peaked caps do nothing for ears, neck, lips or nose IMHO they just keep the sun off your sunglasses.

From what I have read a lot of non hat wearing people get a remarkable amount of cancers on their heads thinking hair does the job of a hat - ...not Jarro/Eags style heads :mrgreen:

parlyboy
10th January 2010, 11:21 PM
METROSEXUAL....

You know the dudes who look after themselves and look pretty all the time.
The iron cover owning kind....

mike
10th January 2010, 11:22 PM

Yes they're good for keeping the sun off your ears. That's about it.
Seriously cricket hats are the best.

TheTrueReview
10th January 2010, 11:23 PM
I am moving to a bucket hat cause I couldn't give a rats ass about appearance.

Wise move Hux. I had a melanoma removed at age 19 - the f*cker would've killed me if it weren't detected.

mike
10th January 2010, 11:24 PM
Peaked caps do nothing for ears, neck, lips or nose IMHO they just keep the sun off your sunglasses.

Totally agree.

mike
10th January 2010, 11:27 PM
You can't beat these for sun protection. And no it doesn't interfere with the swing.
http://www.acasports.co.uk/images/products/full/gray-nicolls-cricket-sun-hat.jpg

I wear one of these and I think Haysey does too. He needs one because he's a lot closer to the sun than I am.

Johnny Canuck
10th January 2010, 11:35 PM
I am moving to a bucket hat cause I couldn't give a rats ass about appearance. Peaked caps do nothing for ears, neck, lips or nose IMHO they just keep the sun off your sunglasses.

From what I have read a lot of non hat wearing people get a remarkable amount of cancers on their heads thinking hair does the job of a hat - ...not Jarro/Eags style heads :mrgreen:

I've always considered bucket hats more bogan than metro, but I am not bagging them at all.

It amazes me that my club has a few golfers (one of whom is a ranger), who refuse to wear hats because they don't like them. Pure stupidity.

markTHEblake
10th January 2010, 11:42 PM
Is having skin cancers cut out of your skin metro?

I already said that obviously people wear bucket hats for that exact reason, and which bit regarding my point about a wide brim hat did you not understand? The question is not about the preference of Bucket hats over caps, its Bucket hats over wide brim hats.

Clearly a Wide brim hat provides better protection than a bucket hat, Carl Spackler is not a good look.

A bucket hat gives you as much coverage on the face as a cap, plus the combo of the brim at the back plus your collar up, there is very little room for the sun.
In any case a peak hat has twice the brim that a bucket has at the front, thus giving better protection to the nose which is the most vulnerable bit. A collar up at the back reaches the hair for anyone with short hair. Yes the sides are vulnerable. 6 a one, half a dozen to another? I would rather be missing an ear than a nose :), anyway - see previous point.

Not everyone wants to look like a refugee from the 70's with long hair MTB.

Collar length hair and a 1cm over the ears is neither 70's nor unfashionable amongst Ozgolfers, and is combined with a cap is just as effective as any bucket hat - IMHO
(not that a peak hat is any good- i concur with your most recent point)

What's 'metro' mean anyway?

it was a non confrontational way of saying Poofy. Didnt want to offend any of the bucket hat wearers. Besides the 'is xxxx gay' threads are getting tiresome.

I had one once and it was hopeless for keeping the sun off you nose and back of the neck. It was a useless POS and looked rediculous.

Exactly my point. Especially if you have a hooter like Jarros, you would need one of those trucker hats with a 6 inch peak, and still need an inch of aluminium foil on the tip just in case.

markTHEblake
10th January 2010, 11:46 PM
You can't beat these for sun protection. And no it doesn't interfere with the swing.
http://www.acasports.co.uk/images/products/full/gray-nicolls-cricket-sun-hat.jpg

how about in the wind? and how much, and where from?

i have got this ridiculous "Barmah" oilskin leather hat, it cooks my brain in the heat that i end up taking it off. Who would have thought an outback style hat would be unbearable in the heat.

Johnny Canuck
10th January 2010, 11:48 PM
I agree with Blake. I find I never get as much protection on my nose, lips, etc. with a bucket as I do with a normal cap.

MegaWatty
10th January 2010, 11:49 PM
My issue with GN (Shark) style hats is the same as yours MTB. How do they stay on? I know that have elastic, but surely a decent WA arvo breeze will whip it straight off.

I've also got an Ocean and Earth surf style straw hat where the brim actually points downwards. It's not one of the huge ones, but a medium size. I haven't worn it on course yet, but I reckon it might get a showing next week in 42* heat. Going to be a lot cooler as well.

Yossarian
10th January 2010, 11:51 PM

i have got this ridiculous "Barmah" oilskin leather hat, it cooks my brain in the heat that i end up taking it off. Who would have thought an outback style hat would be unbearable in the heat.

Any cricket shop. They stay on your head pretty good on windy days in the field so golf should be ok.

MegaWatty
10th January 2010, 11:51 PM

4 pages of hats....Some daggy....some a little daggy...

http://shop.cancercouncil.com.au/c-46-mens.aspx

Veefore
11th January 2010, 12:07 AM
This is the daggiest bucket hat I have seen.
https://www.chrisvermeulen.com.au/catalog/images/cv_floppy.jpg

On really hot days I sometimes use a Panama hat. Mine was a bit small and gave me headaches at first and it is a bit misshapen now but it gives good sun protection, ventilation and (probably because it is so tight) it stays on. Even in Hartfields morning easterlies.

And if it's good enough for 007, it must be coooolll.....

http://www.rtp3.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/041105v.jpg

Yossarian
11th January 2010, 12:08 AM
I have always called them giggle hats. Because of gilligan's isle.

mike
11th January 2010, 12:17 AM
Who was hotter, Ginger or Mary Anne?

Johnny Canuck
11th January 2010, 12:28 AM
Mary Anne.

Golfnut
11th January 2010, 12:35 AM
Not sure who to attribute that pearler of a threadjack to.....hang on, just read Yoss' post......the WAnkers get it. Well done Yoss, can't let those eastern staters move in on our thang.

Golfnut
11th January 2010, 12:38 AM
BTW....bucket hats are just stupid...they block sweet FA of the sun on any bits that count.......wide brim cricket style hat FTW or cap, collar up and plenty of sunscreen on ears, face & neck.

simmsy
11th January 2010, 12:39 AM
+2

no love for the fanta-pants:razz:

Jarro
11th January 2010, 07:23 AM
I've got a TM bucket hat that i keep meaning to trial but it just doesn't feel right

I agree with the point that the nose needs to get a lot of protection also, and from experience wearing this bucket hat around the yard, it simply doesn't provide that.

I think the option for me is to wear the cap and and just apply lots of sunscreeen to the ears/back of the neck.

goughy
11th January 2010, 07:31 AM

I wear one of these and I think Haysey does too. He needs one because he's a lot closer to the sun than I am.

Or go to one a surf shop and buy a rip curl or billabong hat that has the same shape and usually has the string to stop it coming off in the wind. Slightly cooler than gay nichols!

Grunt
11th January 2010, 07:36 AM
Tried a bucket again a few weeks back at Wallacia and my nose and lower face got burnt even with Sunscreen.
On Saturday I tried the wide brim Norman like hat once again, not sure if it was due to it being rather warm or it just not fitting right but it was f'ing hot. I kept having to take it off to cool my head down. I am going to get a better fitting wide brim one for future golf. I have a great wide straw one I use to work outside around home but I don't think it will stay on my head for a swing & the brim may actually impede my swing.

LarryLong
11th January 2010, 07:52 AM
+1 on the cricket hats. I wear mine running around the field on a Saturday arvo, don't know why it would be harder to wear one walking around a golf course. I use and recommend the Greg Chappell hat though - wouldn't want to be caught with one of those cheap Gay Nicholls (I like it Jarro) imitations.

Bucket hats are a fashion statement, and a dubious one at that. Which is not to say that I've never worn one. :)

mike
11th January 2010, 08:58 AM
Mary Ann was cute but Ginger was definitely hotter.

I'll stick with the Gray Nicholls. Greg Chappell was a nob.

PeteyD
11th January 2010, 09:10 AM
Might look at the cricket hats. Trying to find a wide brim hat that doesn;t look like a croc dundee tryhard or a knob is not easy.

Toolish
11th January 2010, 09:17 AM
I always wear a cap or a visor. If it is going to be really hot then a cap, a sunburnt scalp is not a good thing.

On the weekend I had some pro shop credit to use up so I got a bucket hat. Looks stupid on me but I am worried about sunburn given I live in a damn hot region. Yet to give it a try out though.

One thing to note is different buckets seem to have different size brims. I used to have a bucket that barely covered my ears so threw it out. The one I just got seems to have a bit bigger brim, so will see how it goes.

As for golfers (or people in the sun generally) not wearing a hat at all that is just stupid.

zigwah
11th January 2010, 09:24 AM
VB Straw hat

Jarro
11th January 2010, 09:48 AM
After having trouble finding bucket hats to fit my noggin, I've moved on to one of these.

http://i392.photobucket.com/albums/pp2/thetruereview01/Attach-a-flap.png

$17.95 from the Sunsmart shop. Works a treat.

That looks like a good idea.

It'll keep the mozzies away from the back of the neck too :-k

I better check and see if Taylormade make them ;)

Daves
11th January 2010, 10:19 AM
I have a couple of wide brimmed hats, but have the same problems other have mentioned. They blow off too easily on windy days and they can get very hot and sweaty on hot humid days. Keen to find a solution as I am sick of having to lather the sunscreen on so thick it is uncomfortable. The hats I have are well ventilated but still do not seem to breathe. I have thought about getting a bucket, but I am not convinced they cover much more than a cap. Might have to check out the cricket hats.

BrisVegas
11th January 2010, 10:44 AM
I wore a cricket hat for a while and they work well for sun protection and they're not too hot on your head. Only issue I had (and it's probably just me) is that my swingplane is so upgright I actually hit the brim with my arms on the back swing..... I'm actively trying to flatten that out now (henno's tutoring me) so I could probably give one a try again.

KristianJ
11th January 2010, 10:55 AM
+1 on the cricket hats. I wear mine running around the field on a Saturday arvo, don't know why it would be harder to wear one walking around a golf course. I use and recommend the Greg Chappell hat though - wouldn't want to be caught with one of those cheap Gay Nicholls (I like it Jarro) imitations.

Bucket hats are a fashion statement, and a dubious one at that. Which is not to say that I've never worn one. :)

+1 to the Albion Chappell hats (I have one, but have misplaced it, so am planning to buy another one this week some time)...but I have no complaints whatsoever with Gray Nic's bats. :smt038

Veefore
11th January 2010, 10:58 AM
By the way, a good panama hat will not only keep the sun off, it will roll up nice and small so that you can keep it in your golf bag. And they come from Ecuador, not Panama!

Oh, and Hannibal Lecter wore one.

Hux
11th January 2010, 06:41 PM
I wore a cricket hat for a while and they work well for sun protection and they're not too hot on your head. Only issue I had (and it's probably just me) is that my swingplane is so upgright I actually hit the brim with my arms on the back swing..... I'm actively trying to flatten that out now (henno's tutoring me) so I could probably give one a try again.

Sort of a agree. I can use a wider brim but it distracts me so I ditch it. Pulling the hat off to hit is counter productive if you have a hcp of 18...its off a lot more than someone off 8 :mrgreen:

dan
11th January 2010, 07:27 PM
As for golfers (or people in the sun generally) not wearing a hat at all that is just stupid.
Few years back when I was marshaling at the masters, I got Rory Mcillroy's group. His dad was caddying for him on this particular day and it was a real hot sunny day. He didn't wear a hat, have sunglasses or any sun protection. I asked him about it and in typical irish accent, he just said "aw nor, it dussent buther meh".

Amazing.:roll:

cobra
11th January 2010, 08:09 PM
I either wear a cap or bucket hat depending on the conditions
The beauty of the bucket hat is that you can just throw it in your bag ,where some other hats are more difficult to manage
also i think that the bucket is a lot cooler on my head than the cap.My head doesnt feel as hot in the bucket
I have not had a burnt face from wearing it either
The main reason I like the bucket is to protect my ears which were getting burnt with the cap
To be honest I dont really care what other people are wearing,we are all trying to do the same thing really which is to try and be comfortable and still be able to play golf without too much hassle
Its a bit like going to the beach where you see a 1000 varieties of hats (mind you I never get past the boobies to notice what hat the girls are wearing)

Whatever works

Daves
11th January 2010, 08:22 PM
Checked out a mate's hat today. Looks to have potential. It is a wide brimmed job but light weight with lots of ventilation. It can be folded up, and also apparently his wife often washes it in the washing machine for him. The brand is Kakadu Traders, they bought it in Cairns.

Daves
11th January 2010, 08:27 PM
Checked out a mate's hat today. Looks to have potential. It is a wide brimmed job but light weight with lots of ventilation. It can be folded up, and also apparently his wife often washes it in the washing machine for him. The brand is Kakadu Traders, they bought it in Cairns.

Found the Brand website;

http://www.bestaussieouterwear.com/?c=96&cn=Kakadu+Traders+Hats

I believe the model he has is the Kakadu Soaka Breeze Hat;

http://www.bestaussieouterwear.com/?p=683&c=96&cn=Australian+Outback+Hats-+Leather-Canvas-Mesh-Wool-Felt-Suede&pn=Kakadu+Soaka+Breeze+Hat

Fraser
11th January 2010, 10:38 PM
some golf caps have 4 or 5 little holes in the tops (like an eyelet)
that's right where your melanoma's will be.

AlexMc
11th January 2010, 10:46 PM
Bucket hats are pretty pointless - they don't cover your face as much as a cap, they cover your ears but so will sunscreen, and it really doesn't protect your neck unless you wear your collar up. Again...sunscreen will stop your neck from getting burnt.

adlo
12th January 2010, 03:15 AM
Bucket hats are pretty pointless - they don't cover your face as much as a cap, they cover your ears but so will sunscreen, and it really doesn't protect your neck unless you wear your collar up. Again...sunscreen will stop your neck from getting burnt.

I wholeheartedly agree with this post.

To answer the OP question: No.

PeteyD
12th January 2010, 07:15 AM
Sunscreen is not as effective in humid conditions. Brisbane and QLD have particularly nasty sun too. Although Perth is not far behind.

http://www.sunsmart.com.au/sun_protection/faqs_about_sun_protection

TheTrueReview
12th January 2010, 07:34 AM
Sunscreen is not as effective in humid conditions. Brisbane and QLD have particularly nasty sun too. Although Perth is not far behind.

http://www.sunsmart.com.au/sun_protection/faqs_about_sun_protection

Some interesting stuff Petey.

"No sunscreen provides complete protection against ultraviolet (UV) radiation."

"Baseball caps are not recommended – they shade your eyes, scalp and forehead only."

Courty
12th January 2010, 07:08 PM

:lol:

Found the Brand website;

Oh great, as if people don't already think we're all hicks up here... now they'll think we all wear these horrible leather hats that they hand out at banjo classes. ;)

FWIW, I've recently taken to wearing a wide-brimmed microfibre hat. The brim is a little wider than what I would call a bucket hat, but it's certainly not as wide as Mike's cricket hat. It also has a little drawstring on the back which you can tighten so it doesn't blow away when it gets windy. I've worn a dark blue one on some quite hot days recently and it hasn't been any hotter than a cap. It also keeps the sun off my sun-damaged temples & ears (thanks to being a sun-ignorant kid in FNQ).

cobra
12th January 2010, 07:34 PM
Found the Brand website;

I believe the model he has is the Kakadu Soaka Breeze Hat;

http://www.bestaussieouterwear.com/?p=683&c=96&cn=Australian+Outback+Hats-+Leather-Canvas-Mesh-Wool-Felt-Suede&pn=Kakadu+Soaka+Breeze+Hat

the above shop is an american site,I checked it out and a soaker hat delivered to me was about 70.00 odd dollarsUS
Check out ebay aus
there is a hat seller in australia "Budget products " that sells these soaka breeze hats del for about 41.00 au.
I quite like the look of these and considering i nearly collapsed last saturday with heat exhaustion I will try anything to make it easier to play
Note also playing in a cart for a few weeks to cope as well,cheaper than an ambulance !!!

Daves
12th January 2010, 07:42 PM
the above shop is an american site,I checked it out and a soaker hat delivered to me was about 70.00 odd dollarsUS
Check out ebay aus
there is a hat seller in australia "Budget products " that sells these soaka breeze hats del for about 41.00 au.
I quite like the look of these and considering i nearly collapsed last saturday with heat exhaustion I will try anything to make it easier to play
Note also playing in a cart for a few weeks to cope as well,cheaper than an ambulance !!!
Thanks for that info cobra. They told me today that you can buy them sometimes at the Chandler markets. Looks like a trip over there on sunday to check them out.

Hux
12th January 2010, 07:49 PM
Dave as a fellow fisherman I am surprised you aren't aware of the Columbia sportwear boonie hats. Check BCF they have a good range mate. I am not sure if you have seen the one I have. Probably not as wide as a cricket hat, heavily ventilated SFP rated, have an adjustable band...just a bit floppy and unfashionable but one lives in my bag and I should use it more often.

Bought a Titty hat for at least some fashion statement (ROLFMAO) as well.

just
12th January 2010, 07:51 PM
Dave as a fellow fisherman I am surprised you aren't aware of the Columbia sportwear boonie hats. Check BCF they have a good range mate. I am not sure if you have seen the one I have. Probably not as wide as a cricket hat, heavily ventilated SFP rated, have an adjustable band...just a bit floppy and unfashionable but one lives in my bag and I should use it more often.
And black under the brim to stop reflected light. I have two, great for fly fishing and gardening.

Daves
12th January 2010, 09:07 PM
So many choices in good head wear when you go looking. They make the wide brimmed hats made for the golf look mostly 2nd rate.

You wonder how many Pros are going to suffer badly in their later years from wearing just caps to keep the sponsors happy.

Hux, I have a Shimano felt fishing hat I have had for years, have never used the Columbia gear must admit.

Rusty
16th January 2010, 12:09 AM
Earth Sea Sky & Sea to Summit gortex bucket hats aren't metro. but i'd have to say that.

Daves
28th January 2010, 09:57 PM
Bought myself a Gray Nicolls cricket hat today from Amart All Sports. At $12.99 they are a bargain, but definitely not a fashion statement!. All cotton and light so I am hopeful it will do the job.

mike
28th January 2010, 10:49 PM
Good move Daves. Your ears will thank you some day.
They do have a wide brim but it doesn't impede my swing. Have you swung a club while wearing it?

but definitely not a fashion statement!
They're are darn sight more fashionable than a bucket hat.

Yossarian
28th January 2010, 10:59 PM
Cricket hats look good, you just have to starch and bend them.

Daves
28th January 2010, 11:11 PM
They do have a wide brim but it doesn't impede my swing. Have you swung a club while wearing it?

Not yet, will probably give it its first run at Wynnum tomorrow. However it seems a good fit and I have other wide brimmed golf hats that I have worn before, it is just they are too heavy, the cricket hat seems a lot lighter to me.

Yep, kept looking at the buckets but just could not convince myself they would be as effective. Their advantage is weight and compactness, time will tell.

oz
29th January 2010, 06:53 AM
No bucket hats for me. Not enough protection, and they just don't suit my boof-head. I wear a Norman Shark-style wide brim, and it is great. No probs with wind, except on the really blowy days, I guess, and plenty cool enough in the heat. I would prefer something, though, that can fold up and go in the golf bag.......

solarman
29th January 2010, 09:54 AM
I went to Rays Outdoors and bought a Colorado style wide brim (not too wide and not too small). Has mesh inserts near the top and looks OK.

solarman
29th January 2010, 09:58 AM

Yeh but you need to understand Mike that the hat is designed to be worn above the ears, not over the ears. I suppose wearing it over the ears stops your brains from falling out though. :mrgreen:

Go the Dragons !!!!!!

solarman
29th January 2010, 10:12 AM
Speaking of floppy and unfashionable !!

Russ
29th January 2010, 02:50 PM
Boonies are the way to go!

Buckets are as metro as Fatigue caps. Gayer than gay.

Veefore
29th January 2010, 03:04 PM
Buckets are as metro as Fatigue caps. Gayer than gay.

Tell that to the SAS. They still wear them on field exercises.

LarryLong
29th January 2010, 03:09 PM

The SAS wear bucket hats?

Yossarian
29th January 2010, 03:11 PM
Most grunts do when in the field I thought? When not wearing a helmet.

adlo
29th January 2010, 03:12 PM
Super Army Soldiers?

Russ
29th January 2010, 03:21 PM

I have told them.

Buckets are gay, and if you take a look at a picture of any digger through-out the history of the short-brim bush hat, which is basically a bucket hat - well, not even hard men in a foreign jungle/desert, killing other men, can save it from it's uber-gayness.

Coupled with the fact the Army version that gets worn is actually worn on top of the head, rather than over it (As if everyone was given 1 size too small) - extra gay!

Daves
29th January 2010, 06:39 PM
The Gray Nicolls did a pretty good job today, happy with it and the protection it provides. Did not notice it when I was hitting the ball.

PeteyD bought a new floppy, like a bucket but bigger, hat today.
Seemed to provide pretty good protection also. Was a Brosnan branded jobby.

PeteyD
29th January 2010, 06:49 PM
Yea it seemed to go well. Didn't make my head hot etc. Pity about the brosnan on it, but it was $19 so happy with that.

Veefore
29th January 2010, 09:52 PM
Super Army Soldiers?

That's them. :lol:

(was it you I was discussing that show with last week?)

adlo
29th January 2010, 10:31 PM
8)

MegaWatty
31st January 2010, 11:46 AM
The Taylormade Safari 2010 hat looks like it could be quite handy. Anyone seen one in the flesh anywhere?

idgolfguy
31st January 2010, 11:54 AM
Wife has been pestering me about a large brim hat than a cap as I don't use suncream. Haven't seen anything worth wearing that I like.

Hux
31st January 2010, 12:34 PM
The Taylormade Safari 2010 hat looks like it could be quite handy. Anyone seen one in the flesh anywhere?

Oxley Golf Club had them but only in the small/medium as they wouldn't fit my boof.

AlexMc
31st January 2010, 03:22 PM
I gave in to the fiance's pestering and bought a wide brim hat - it was an Ahead hat and got it at The Vintage. Bit wider than a bucket hat, not as wide as a cricket hat. Will advise how it goes...

Hux
2nd February 2010, 10:18 PM
Well I wore a Titleist 2010 bucket hat on Saturday. ghey mustard in colour. They are so ghey - I serious thought everyone was looking at me as if I was wearing black pants and a white puma belt with white shoes and an pink shirt.

Sorry I was confused...no body gave a rats ass. However they are hotter than a baseball cap and not so good when its bucketing down rain as they get rather heavy and sodden ;-)

markTHEblake
2nd February 2010, 11:05 PM
Well I wore a Titleist 2010 bucket hat on Saturday. ghey mustard in colour.

I have got a mental image of Shtarker in a bucket hat.