PDA

View Full Version : VS Proto 'Made For' 65

MegaWatty
9th January 2010, 12:27 AM
Anyone know how this shaft performs compared to the genuine article. Does anyone have specs for it?

Yossarian
9th January 2010, 12:28 AM
The real one is better.

MegaWatty
9th January 2010, 12:32 AM
You're a knob!

Explain your statement.

Yossarian
9th January 2010, 12:38 AM
Hookay, I have hit both.

I have hit about three made for ones, one of them played true to its stated flex. The other felt like a seniors and the third played like a ladies. All IMO of course.

The real ones just have tighter QC so they come out truer to flex. Buying a made for one could end well or not. I'd probably go a flex or two;) up from normal if buying made for.

adlo
9th January 2010, 12:39 AM
Wait for some "real" advice MW.

Yossarian
9th January 2010, 12:42 AM
Man and for a second I thought I was actually contributing something useful. Oh well another couple of posts on the credibility train. Choo Choo.

TheNuclearOne
9th January 2010, 12:46 AM
This one always finds spirited debate Mega. I find them pretty similar in the experiences i have had. I've had the 60, the 65 and the 70. The 65 i had did not play soft to flex. 3OD once pointed out quality control on the 65 might be lesser and i don't doubt this. Mine were good tho. How much do they want?

MegaWatty
9th January 2010, 12:49 AM
I've already got one sitting on 'the bench' that from memory I paid 40 bucks for.

I think I might give it a crack in the A4.

TheNuclearOne
9th January 2010, 12:50 AM
3.2* torque and around 65 grams mate. Is TF building it?

simmsy
9th January 2010, 12:51 AM
might as well give it ago then MW. nothing to lose, except for your time at TF's that is:lol:

MegaWatty
9th January 2010, 12:56 AM
3.2* torque and around 65 grams mate. Is TF building it?

Yeh I'll get him to give it a crack. I'll be getting my head back after JC failed to launch the Redboard!

3.2 sounds pretty good.

I'm pretty happy to continue try different shafts until I get it right.

MegaWatty
9th January 2010, 01:04 AM
I've also got a Mizzy shaft that I can probably get TF to tip a little stiffer that might work. I hit it pretty well in the MX560.

TheNuclearOne
9th January 2010, 01:07 AM
I think you'll like the VS 65, there's my prediction. It's a stiff right? I can't remember now what shaft you said you previously liked.

MegaWatty
9th January 2010, 01:14 AM
I think you'll like the VS 65, there's my prediction. It's a stiff right? I can't remember now what shaft you said you previously liked.

Yup. Stiff. I have used an Aerotech 50gm stiff and liked it in the Geek. Although I think it has a torque rating of 4.2*.

Swing speed is around 105-110.

TheNuclearOne
9th January 2010, 01:22 AM
The VS should be ok. I will say it is a stiffer mid and tip profile than many realise tho. It's no WB but it's sure not soft in the tip either. Some of the OEM's that had it in their drivers had it playing under flex, one of the many sneaky "favours" they do for us. They believe ego compels most of us to play shafts too stiff and lofts too low so have heads well above stated loft and shafts below flex :evil:

It was funny when Ping brought in their digital lofting, people choosing around a flat 9* in the G10 were all getting 7.5* marked clubs :shock:

MegaWatty
9th January 2010, 01:27 AM
Cool. As I said, i'm happy to keep experimenting until I get the right combo here. The Mizzy Exsar shaft was 3.5* and that seemed OK. Although, being a Jap shaft, I find that it played a little softer than other stiffs, and was a pretty long shaft. I think the MX560 plays to 55.5".

TheNuclearOne
9th January 2010, 01:33 AM
45.5, ok. If the VS ends up too tip stiff i've got one of the original 9015D Oziks in stiff here untouched that played at 45.5 in the 9015D. 60 grams and from memory about 4.0* torque and loosely based on the code-6 profile bend. I could send it to you. See how the big VS goes.

MegaWatty
9th January 2010, 01:38 AM
Sweet thanks mate. Sounds good. Always good to have someone willing to help on the quest to driver greatness.

I'm not going to give up on this this little baby.

In the mean time, the Geek is in the bag. The Mizzy is out of play because the Axiv Red didn't suit me, and the plug fell into the head and now rattles. I hit the Miz pretty well, but just had too much backspin on it.

Anyway, it's now a battle of the drivers to see which one compliments me back into single figures this year. :)

TheNuclearOne
9th January 2010, 01:47 AM
Good stuff. I didn't overly like the counter balance of the Axiv Red. You might have been the same. I'm just impatient to see some of you guys set up in the 9015D and hearing how you like it or not. If weather permits i'm taking mine to a two ball ambrose today. Mates playing awesome too, he's off 15 but had 2 over for 9 a couple of days ago with a three putt. He should be off about 11 truth be told.

MegaWatty
9th January 2010, 01:58 AM
Sweet. Let us know how you finish up. Some of the WA boys played in a 4 ball Ambrose a couple of months back. We went OK with about 6 under off the bat and a Nett 58, only to be smashed by Scott Strange and his group with a Nett 52.

Anyway, I'm sure JC and I will get our A4's sorted and then Zigwah will get to go throught the whole thing that we're currently going through.

Perhaps DrNick needs some help as well. He put a Blueboard in his, but I'm thinking that might be a tough combo. Perhaps only for the better players. ;)

TheNuclearOne
9th January 2010, 02:08 AM
I love ambrose, such fun days. My crew go in loads of em. Unfortunately we don't have a big hitting low marker among us but we scratch ok some days. Strange and them played well!

Ok, so JC took kept his. I have zero doubt he'll dial his in from what i'm reading.

The Doc might be out of luck, he was originally after a 10.5 but got a 9.5*. It's only a BB63 regular (i think) which shouldn't be toooo bad really. If he killing worms with that i'm not sure a shaft change will help enough. Maybe it's not for him.

TheNuclearOne
11th January 2010, 07:43 PM
Sweet. Let us know how you finish up.

No good mate. Very wet and windy but 3 over was still a very ordinary effort.

MegaWatty
11th January 2010, 09:04 PM
Ahhh well. Still fun days!

As per the 9015d thread, the VS is now installed. I'll grip it up tonight and hopefully give it a rip tomorrow before 2 man matchplay on Thursday and WA Summer Cup on Sunday.

Johnny Canuck
11th January 2010, 10:27 PM
Can't wait to try another combo on Sun!

adlo
11th January 2010, 10:28 PM
Even I'd be keen to hit this set up. The VS proto suits my ugly swing.

MegaWatty
11th January 2010, 10:56 PM
Pop sky's = You bought it.

Not expecting any, but just putting it out there. ;)

TourFit
12th January 2010, 01:12 AM
I'll be putting the Axiv Black 79 S into the 9.5* 9015D this week sometime...

...and also the 89 S into the Insight BUL 13* FW. The A7 19* Peanut already has the Axiv Black Hybrid S in it, so I may take the trio down to Kwinana Sunday (unlikely to shift the current trio out after last Sunday's performance though)

adlo
12th January 2010, 02:31 AM
Pop sky's = You bought it.

Not expecting any, but just putting it out there. ;)

If that happens, it was definitely Golfnuts fault.

MegaWatty
13th January 2010, 12:54 AM
I think it might be the shaft!

Ball was going a good medium (which is low for me) height and looks like it had a shit load of roll on it, which is something that I don't often get using the 12* Geek.

The bad shot was a hook, but not low like the Redboard. This however is traditionally my bad shot. I'm going to throw it in the bag to try one more time on Thursday morning before I play.

It's always uncertain at Whaleback range. Shit ball, shit tees and it was just past twilight, so it was difficult to see exactly how far they were going.

Johnny Canuck
13th January 2010, 12:59 AM
I'll be putting the Axiv Black 79 S into the 9.5* 9015D this week sometime...

...and also the 89 S into the Insight BUL 13* FW. The A7 19* Peanut already has the Axiv Black Hybrid S in it, so I may take the trio down to Kwinana Sunday (unlikely to shift the current trio out after last Sunday's performance though)

I think it might be the shaft!

Ball was going a good medium (which is low for me) height and looks like it had a shit load of roll on it, which is something that I don't often get using the 12* Geek.

The bad shot was a hook, but not low like the Redboard. This however is traditionally my bad shot. I'm going to throw it in the bag to try one more time on Thursday morning before I play.

It's always uncertain at Whaleback range. Shit ball, shit tees and it was just past twilight, so it was difficult to see exactly how far they were going.

That is some good news. I can't wait to try both yours and Fits.

This is almost as good news as Zig having me on ignore.

TourFit
13th January 2010, 10:56 AM
MW, glad that the GHEY coloured VS Proto is working!!

Hitting in the dark is always the best time to try it out :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

MegaWatty
13th January 2010, 11:07 AM
**** me! Now the shaft colour comes in to it!!!

Johnny Canuck
13th January 2010, 12:05 PM
Nothing appears to be safe around here.

TourFit
13th January 2010, 12:08 PM
You shut-up... Pink X-flex 55g NVS is even Ghey-er !!!!

:mrgreen: