PDA

View Full Version : Stupid places you've hit balls

solarman
8th January 2010, 03:28 PM
Just talking with some mates about places we have into golf balls into. Thought it might make a funny read.

Yossarian
8th January 2010, 03:30 PM
Into my own face.

Jarro
8th January 2010, 03:31 PM
A driving range

KristianJ
8th January 2010, 03:31 PM
A few mates of mine hit some off a grassed lookout into the Jamison Valley in Leura in the Blue Mountains a few years ago...I think there was a walking track down around the landing area as well.

solarman
8th January 2010, 03:34 PM
We hit into a dam up here and if you are lucky sometimes a boat becomes a moving target

LarryLong
8th January 2010, 03:34 PM
My mates and I took turns at hitting a bucket of balls into the local lake on my bucks night for a giggle. One bloke had three goes and couldn't make the water from 5m away.

just
8th January 2010, 03:41 PM
Off the flight deck of a frigate at Fleet Base East in Sydney. We were trying to make it over Woolloomooloo Bay to just past the Boy Charlton pool on the other side.

kpac
8th January 2010, 03:45 PM
Cliffs at Flinders on Mornington Peninsula, just driving by after golf and stopped to launch a few into "bass straight". My mate got clammy hands on his new titleist D2, and in the follow through was the club slipped and bounced twice before being lost over the edge. Hurt myself laughing at the time, ended up picking up the same club in the ozgolf pro shop for a fraction of the price he paid for his so in the end a good story. He tells it better than me - insisting it was the straightest and longest drive he's ever seen, which is why it's slipped.

GolfBallWhackerGuy
8th January 2010, 03:57 PM
Into my own face.

Ouch. How did you do that?

Yossarian
8th January 2010, 04:01 PM
http://www.ozgolf.net/forums/showthread.php?t=14799&highlight=face+golf+ball

KristianJ
8th January 2010, 04:02 PM
One that I just remembered from my youth - I was practising chipping over the road into my front yard with a crappy 8 iron that my dad's then boss gave me, and I overhit one (as you do) straight into one of the front windows of the house.

Naturally, as I finished crossing the road, my mum pulled up in the driveway coming home from shopping, but the reaction wasn't what I expected. A lot more subdued...but when my dad's in the glazing industry and has easy access to glass, that probably helps explain it a bit.

sms316
8th January 2010, 04:08 PM
Into a passing car whilst blind drunk and "warming up" for a golf tournament at Bathurst.

WBennett
8th January 2010, 04:19 PM
Off the back of the 9th at Mollymook Beachside, over the beach into the ocean. Didn't realise there were snorklers swimming there...

sms316
8th January 2010, 04:23 PM
Christmas Day in the mid 90s. A mate hit one of about 4 cars in the carpark at Albury GC. Smashed the windscreen of a company vehicle.

The owner of the company vehicle in question: Windscreens O'Brien.

Bruce Dickinson
8th January 2010, 04:30 PM
Huntingdale

Grunt
8th January 2010, 04:30 PM
Drop punted one off the green at Pacific Harbour with the putter, was seen flying out at pace.

TheTrueReview
8th January 2010, 04:36 PM
I witnessed a guy with driver on the 16th tee (at Logan City G.C.) deflect the ball at almost 90 degrees left & puncture the garbage bin for that tee area.

The ball remained inside the full garbage bin.

Yossarian
8th January 2010, 04:43 PM
The Cut ;)

razaar
8th January 2010, 04:43 PM
When I was learning the game I would hit wedges over our house (2 storey) from the back yard to the front yard. It came to a halt when I thinned one through the kitchen door when Mum was preparing dinner.

sms316
8th January 2010, 04:45 PM
Hit a bag of range balls from The Dipper at Mount Panorama.

solarman
8th January 2010, 04:52 PM
Hit a bag of range balls from The Dipper at Mount Panorama.

Mate, I keep looking at your avatar. That really is the most frightening yet. It is really scaring the ---- out of me each time !!!

Sydney Hacker
8th January 2010, 04:57 PM
Mate, I keep looking at your avatar. That really is the most frightening yet. It is really scaring the ---- out of me each time !!!

You recognize her from your past :-k

Minor_Threat
8th January 2010, 04:57 PM
A few Im not proud of..

1. I think it is the 3rd green at Pennant Hills, drop hit ball with putter onto M2.
2. Hit balls from 18th Tee at Penrith into Jehovah Witness carpark across the road.
3. Smashed a dudes glasses off his face at Glenmore (unintentional)

solarman
8th January 2010, 04:59 PM
You recognize her from your past :-k

I would have to have been as bad as those guys in "The Hangover" to even think about jumping that beast.

f00re
8th January 2010, 05:04 PM
on our wedding night in Samoa. Hit a few off our honeymoon fale deck into the pacific.
then I got a hole in one =P~

Ned
8th January 2010, 05:08 PM
On a fairway!!!!!!!!!!:shock:

solarman
8th January 2010, 05:09 PM
Holy moley....more info please 00 !!!

KristianJ
8th January 2010, 05:10 PM
A few Im not proud of..

1. I think it is the 3rd green at Pennant Hills, drop hit ball with putter onto M2.
2. Hit balls from 18th Tee at Penrith into Jehovah Witness carpark across the road.

:lol: If only I'd had enough time to get to the 18th when I was there yesterday...

f00re
8th January 2010, 05:11 PM
it was a 6 iron

matty
8th January 2010, 05:27 PM
Not as exciting a few months back I used to smack a few old balls from the backyard into the bush behind my place after chipping with the 8 iron. I'd aim for a space in between a couple of huge gums.

Hit one ball, smacks straight into the tree and ricochets towards the neighbours second floor window :shock:. It hit the frame and landed in a thick plant in the backyard never to be found.

I felt like I was about 14 again when you did something bad and knew it was a near miss.

.......and in confined spaces an 8 iron seems to have a lot more power than it does on the golf course.

Julie
8th January 2010, 05:49 PM
Russell (or one of his mates, I can't remember) hit his ball into the back of a moving golf motor-buggy.

markTHEblake
8th January 2010, 06:15 PM
I am confused, is that about wierd places you have hit golf balls, or weird places your ball has ended up?

The one thing that comes to mind, is when i am having a leak in the mens room at Horton Park, that section of the clubhouse was vulnerable to wild hooks on the 18th.

The ball ricochets through the usual double bend entrance, flyes right past me between me and the wall, hits the end of the trouh, goes past again, hits the other end, and rolls right up and finishes right in front of me. I didnt even have to adjust my aim!

Bloke wanders in says sorry and fishes it out with his wedge. Why he bought a club in with him i do not know, he couldnt have known someone had pissed on it

Tomo
8th January 2010, 06:37 PM
A few Im not proud of..

Number 2 is a bit scary, as there are four lane of traffic to cross to get the ball there.....

Minor_Threat
8th January 2010, 06:52 PM
Number 2 is a bit scary, as there are four lane of traffic to cross to get the ball there.....
Yep the thigs you do as a kid..

haysey
8th January 2010, 07:20 PM
In my office. Gave it up after I put the ball through a window and the wedge into the ceiling grid

KristianJ
8th January 2010, 07:24 PM
Yep the thigs you do as a kid..

Did they have the netting up back then? And there's the not too narrow median strip to contend with as well, so would have been a mean feat to get something up and over the netting and hopefully avoid a shattered windscreen.

Minor_Threat
8th January 2010, 07:25 PM
Did they have the netting up back then? And there's the not too narrow median strip to contend with as well, so would have been a mean feat to get something up and over the netting and hopefully avoid a shattered windscreen.
The nets were different back then, a lot smaller.

KristianJ
8th January 2010, 07:30 PM
The nets were different back then, a lot smaller.

Thought they'd have to be...:)

goughy
8th January 2010, 07:31 PM
The fairway!

TheNuclearOne
8th January 2010, 07:41 PM
The mate was leasing my old hotel and out the back there's some nice grass, the pubs back fence, a little downslope, a bitumen road then an old abandoned Railway station. Behind that is about 50 meters of land then a river. The station would be 60 meters, clearing it 80 odd. We had his 5 iron, drunk, and i couldn't get one over the station for all money. Him, a near non golfer at the time kept striping these dead straight 5's about 170 on the fly. We had a little audience and it was quite the joke.

Now and then the gf and i used to go to a very quiet beach and i'd take my sand iron or short iron and hit as we walked along. Hey, Seve and Greg recommend it.

sms316
8th January 2010, 07:55 PM
Rumour has it that a former trainee at RQ hit a ball over the Gateway Bridge from the tee near the river.

That one might need to be mythbusted.

Toolish
8th January 2010, 07:59 PM
Tried multiple times to hit them over the murray when pissed.

As a 16 year old I used to hit driver out of out back yard over a motel, an old wool shed and a highway onto the footbal oval. Just measured on of on google earth at about 200m carry and had to get over a 1.2m fence within 5m of take-off.

Don't know what I would have done if i hit someone...no way I would trust myslef to hit that shot now!

henno
8th January 2010, 09:08 PM

A certain "rogue" group this week was thinking about it, but couldn't decide which tee the myth was based upon. Plus there were groundsman-a-plenty and the golf ops guy is a real hard-ass.

Courty
8th January 2010, 11:40 PM
In my office. Gave it up after I put the ball through a window and the wedge into the ceiling grid

:lol:

Rumour has it that a former trainee at RQ hit a ball over the Gateway Bridge from the tee near the river.

Rumour has it that a guy who likes pies was hitting balls from the roof at the Crowne Plaza onto the 18th at Pelican Waters. ;)

Me personally... I've unloaded a bucket of balls into Lake Tinaroo with driver. As hard as I tried, I still couldn't hit it over the lake. :neutral:

I've been tempted on many occasions to try and land one of Haysey's roof from my front yard. I reckon a 6 or 7 iron would do the trick. :twisted:

Eag's
8th January 2010, 11:44 PM
Off the top of Castle Hill in Townsville at 3am in the morning pissed as a nit.
On the beach at Port Douglas.

ddasey
8th January 2010, 11:47 PM

Rumour has it that a guy who likes pies was hitting balls from the roof at the Crowne Plaza onto the 18th at Pelican Waters. ;)

Rumour has it that it was a bloody good shot off concrete pavers. :shock:

sms316
9th January 2010, 07:16 AM
Rumour has it the person concerned nipped that shot clean. No scratches were made on the 5 iron concerned. :lol:

haysey
9th January 2010, 07:24 AM
I've been tempted on many occasions to try and land one of Haysey's roof from my front yard. I reckon a 6 or 7 iron would do the trick. :twisted:

I'd be more concerned for your next door neigbours captain shanky:lol:

Courty
9th January 2010, 08:53 AM
I'd be more concerned for your next door neigbours captain shanky:lol:

No more shanks. My bad shot is a hook now. :oops:

Jarro
9th January 2010, 09:03 AM

Sounds possible.

My mate hit the bridge (with driver) when we played the 17th hole (old layout)

Another 2 meters higher and it would've gone over :shock:

perci
9th January 2010, 09:14 AM
I used to chip over the lounge with my lob wedge,thats until my brother inlaw thought he would have a go when I left the room and he thinned one into the Fish tank,bloody 20 handicappers!

Jarro
9th January 2010, 09:21 AM
I thought you might have mentioned hitting balls beside the taxiway at the old airport perci ?

;)

sms316
11th January 2010, 03:10 PM

A certain "rogue" group this week was thinking about it, but couldn't decide which tee the myth was based upon. Plus there were groundsman-a-plenty and the golf ops guy is a real hard-ass.
Had a good look at this early on today. I feel certain that it could be done from the ladies 14th tee.

Not that I would attempt anything that stupid of course. :wink:

GolfBallWhackerGuy
11th January 2010, 03:42 PM
http://www.ozgolf.net/forums/showthread.php?t=14799&highlight=face+golf+ball

Didnt that guy from Drummond golf ads do something similar to his knee as few years back?

Yossarian
11th January 2010, 03:47 PM
I think that was his elbow.

sms316
11th January 2010, 03:48 PM
Only if his elbow is part of his leg.

Yossarian
11th January 2010, 03:50 PM
I stand corrected.

BrisVegas
11th January 2010, 04:18 PM
the hosel.

Daves
11th January 2010, 07:02 PM
Had a good look at this early on today. I feel certain that it could be done from the ladies 14th tee.

Not that I would attempt anything that stupid of course. :wink:

Problem is there is 2 bridges to carry now unless you can some how land one through the gap between.

BrettM
11th January 2010, 07:31 PM
Back of the 4th tee at Atherton over the river into the old silos that were there.

henno
11th January 2010, 07:38 PM
Across the river at Indooroopilly. I challenge thee, and hazard a guess that it's never been done.

Eag's
11th January 2010, 07:40 PM
So how big a carry are we talking about?

just
11th January 2010, 07:46 PM
We used to try hit across the river from one tees at Karana Downs when I was a kid. Probably less of a carry, but still a couple of hundred metres I believe?:-k

Daves
11th January 2010, 08:45 PM
So how big a carry are we talking about?

At RQ off the 14th tee it is about 500m. At Indro according to GE it is only about 185 at the narrowest points, probably about 230/250m off one of the river side tees.

henno
11th January 2010, 08:49 PM
At RQ off the 14th tee it is about 500m. At Indro according to GE it is only about 185 at the narrowest points, probably about 230/250m off one of the river side tees.

I just measured the section we were hitting (and by "we" I mean these other guys that ran that way ---> ;) ) it is about 330m. But yes, there are some skinnier spots now that I look at it; under 200m carry.

Daves
11th January 2010, 08:51 PM
I just measured the section we were hitting (and by "we" I mean these other guys that ran that way ---> ;) ) it is about 330m. But yes, there are some skinnier spots now that I look at it; under 200m carry.

Sounds like unfinished work to me henno:twisted:

Courty
11th January 2010, 09:04 PM
Back of the 4th tee at Atherton over the river into the old silos that were there.

Remind us to take up that challenge next time we play at Atherton. 8)

Eag's
11th January 2010, 09:15 PM

Well that counts out this whole forum then ;)

TheTrueReview
17th January 2010, 07:32 PM
Hit a house today at Royal Pines after pulling my drive left off the tee. The impact sounded like a shotgun going off & next thing I saw was the ball bounce back to the fairway. An A-grade ricochet.

Had to retire the ball due to a large patch of transferred house paint. :mrgreen:

sms316
30th June 2010, 09:04 AM
Sam Newman has set a pretty high standard. With a 1 iron too.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/travel/news/calls-to-close-uluru-rock-climb-after-disrespectful-behaviour-on-sacred-rock/story-fn32891l-1225885990978

You would have to think he would get pretty good hang time.

BrisVegas
30th June 2010, 11:30 AM
looks like he's in a pretty reasonable position at the top. I wonder if he posed there for the photo or if that's an action shot.

sms316
30th June 2010, 11:35 AM
looks like he's in a pretty reasonable position at the top. I wonder if he posed there for the photo or if that's an action shot.

I'd say legit. He is a genuinely decent golfer (hc of about 5 I think).

virge666
30th June 2010, 12:27 PM
The meridian strip on a road in Fremantle somewhere at around 3:30am, hitting off a stolen witches hat with a Mizuno MP001, 9.5 degree, stiff flex 75gr V2 shaft, after way too much Redback and Glenmorangie.

Longest drive ever !!

BrisVegas
30th June 2010, 12:38 PM
up against the fuel tank of my bike.

Bruce
30th June 2010, 01:15 PM

Well played sir.

IanO
30th June 2010, 01:21 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-s83ufkN6g

henno
30th June 2010, 03:07 PM

sms316
30th June 2010, 03:22 PM
The meridian strip on a road in Fremantle somewhere at around 3:30am, hitting off a stolen witches hat with a Mizuno MP001, 9.5 degree, stiff flex 75gr V2 shaft, after way too much Redback and Glenmorangie.

Longest drive ever !!

+1. Dean St, Albury. Outside the Ritz nightclub. Wedged a tee into the pavers and belted a Killer Whale driver. Pretty flush for about 3am too.

Moe Norman
30th June 2010, 03:43 PM
Should have hit one from the top of Dean St at the base of the monument, I reckon you could get it to the train station from there!

markTHEblake
30th June 2010, 06:30 PM
I landed a 1 iron onto Bagot rd, Darwin from the Raaf base golf course. (Bagot rd is the main 4 lane road from the city to outer suburbs)

Not the ball, the club, lost it on a practice swing. Gee it went a long way too.

PortlandChirs
1st July 2010, 06:41 PM
Knocked 5 or 6 off the cliffs on the Nullabour when driving back from Perth to Melb. Was very concious not to let go of the driver....Massive hang time. Was thinking of Seinfeld Episode when Kramer hitting balls off the beach and they pulled the Titleist out of a whales blowhole...Was berfore that course opened....

Dennis
5th July 2010, 08:32 PM
back in the days when I used to train at VFL Park, I hit a few 3 irons from the centre circle at the old VFL Electronic scoreboard.

2 x Bullseyes from 5 hits

LarryLong
11th October 2010, 11:01 PM
A mate decided to renovate his house recently and we had a bit of a wrecking night. Couldn't resist.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PM07WbD8yEs

Yossarian
12th October 2010, 12:14 AM
This could end badly.

LarryLong
12th October 2010, 08:54 AM
This could end badly.

The second one missed the guy with the camera by a foot, but he was bunkered down behind a bookcase, so he was proably safer than I was if I'd accidentally shanked one. I have to admit I was a bit worried about doing that because the safety goggles were making it a bit hard to focus on the ball. :)

AndyP
12th October 2010, 09:08 AM
I think they would be in more danger if Laz was practicing his short game against the wall. Those balls could go anywhere.

Did anything happen after 3:13? I switched it off as soon as the Mumford & Sons song came on. ;)

LarryLong
12th October 2010, 09:22 AM
I think they would be in more danger if Laz was practicing his short game against the wall. Those balls could go anywhere.

Did anything happen after 3:13? I switched it off as soon as the Mumford & Sons song came on. ;)

Both comments are worthy of a :smt038

PeteyD
12th October 2010, 11:08 AM
Pelican Waters Golf Course, 10/10/10.

shavey
12th October 2010, 11:51 AM
Off some lookout somewhere on the way home from Kooralbyn... beautiful sunset and balls with some serious hangtime...

Tongueboy
12th October 2010, 03:02 PM
yesterday i hit a couple out of the screws! been awhile and it felt stupidly good!!