PDA

View Full Version : It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas....

jaster
26th May 2004, 08:30 AM
http://www.users.tpg.com.au/leaht/Newstuff.jpg

http://www.users.tpg.com.au/leaht/Newstuff1.jpg

jaster
26th May 2004, 08:30 AM
And before anyone comments yes they are backwards, they do look funny, and they are kinda weird....that's cause I am a LEFTY :roll: Get over it :D :lol:

McMw
26th May 2004, 09:26 AM
why do u need 2 5woods??? :shock:

jaster
26th May 2004, 11:23 AM
why do u need 2 5woods??? :shock:

I bought the Sonartec (off a PGA Tour Van by the way ;)) about 2 months ago but the guy had throuble shipping it so 2 weeks ago I got him to send it to my good friend in the US and he just happened to have the V steel and some Cleveland wedges for cheap (I am talking VERY VERY CHEAP :twisted: ) so I couldn't resist :wink:

Jarro
26th May 2004, 11:50 AM
so which 5 wood goes better Jaster :?:

shafts :?: :!: :?:

drunken
26th May 2004, 12:12 PM
mm very nice, and look like they' 8) re around the right way to me

mike
26th May 2004, 12:53 PM
Ugh, sorry Jaster. I just hate the look of left handed clubs.

They just don't look .... um ... right.

kwantfm
26th May 2004, 01:34 PM
Jaster,

What do you think of the Scotty??

jaster
26th May 2004, 04:13 PM
Just arrived at 8am this morning and it is currently raining here up the range :( Will report on what I think once I get a chance to test :)
The Sonartec has a Fuji SIX xflex shaft but it is not currently fitted, just placed in the head for the photo ;) I'll get this done ASAP

goughy
26th May 2004, 06:29 PM
Man, I can't wait to see these guys in the morning. I may have to consider playing left handed just to pick up jasters dregs :D

jaster
26th May 2004, 06:39 PM
Jaster,

What do you think of the Scotty??

Hey Terrance :) Initial rolling on my 7 (ie SLOW!!!) on the stimp carpet is pretty good 8) Very nice looking head and feel is just superb. I actually have the Belly shaft to install if I feel like going down that track :wink:
Are you still using the MOI?

kwantfm
26th May 2004, 06:48 PM
Jaster,

I have now made myself a Wishon Smoooth 6 putter. The double bend shaft has allowed me to accommodate one of my bizarre putting preferences. I like to have my hands BEHIND the ball when I putt... so the double bend shaft bends backwards about 15* at address. I really like this setup so the BG MOI has been moved to back up status.

Cheers,
Terence

jaster
26th May 2004, 07:28 PM
Jaster,

I have now made myself a Wishon Smoooth 6 putter. The double bend shaft has allowed me to accommodate one of my bizarre putting preferences. I like to have my hands BEHIND the ball when I putt... so the double bend shaft bends backwards about 15* at address. I really like this setup so the BG MOI has been moved to back up status.

Cheers,
Terence

Thanks for the details. I notice Zach Johnson puts his hands behind the ball as well :)

kwantfm
27th May 2004, 06:42 AM
Thanks Jaster... always nice to know that someone on tour endorses what you are doing!! :roll:

Jono
27th May 2004, 06:27 PM
Jaster,

Cheers,
Terence

Hey Terence. You should like that set up because you putted beautifully when I played with you on Friday. I was surprised how light your putter was though. Do you feel lighter head gives you more control on quick greens?

kwantfm
27th May 2004, 06:41 PM
Jono,

It was a lot of fun at Ryde Parra although the golf could have been a little better. As I told you, the greens at my home course are quick so I do prefer something a little lighter. It may also have felt a little light to you as it is only 34" in length.

When are you next down in Sydney??

Terence

jaster
27th May 2004, 07:09 PM
Ok....intial testing today has been very promising.....

V steel 5 wood - Superb feel...jurys out on the shaft but at this stage this baby is going to make it hard for the SS03 19*

Cleveland 900s - Oh baby...these things have kicked the Vokeys for 6. I knew they would after trying Terry's but the gunmetal feel and the small head just makes me drool

Scotty putter - At this stage I am so stoked!!! Great feel and the heavier larger head putts very well Gotta love that Baby T

Jarro
27th May 2004, 07:36 PM
Go the Scotty :D

Jaster, do TM make lefthanded RAC black wedges :?: I think you should try 'em if you can source 'em :smt112

jaster
27th May 2004, 07:55 PM
I would have loved to try the RAC blacks but they are $450US EACH if you can source them. That's right....$450US each :shock:
Without wanting to offend though mate I seriously doubt that they are as good as the 900s 8) I got these on an endorsement from Tezza after all mate ;)

terryand
27th May 2004, 08:02 PM
that right Jaster,I'm never wrong.

Terry.

jaster
27th May 2004, 08:05 PM
That's what I have been telling these boys all along :)

McMw
28th May 2004, 12:12 AM
well.... :wink:
I'll give it 4-5 weeks before the putter gets the toss...
6-7 weeks for the 5 wood (whichever one) gets the toss...
10 weeks for the wedges to kick the bucket!!!

btw...we have the Cleve 900 BRZ 60 - looks great and all that hoopla...didn't really WOW me...defn didn't like the HUGE head on them...
maybe the GunMetals are smaller, but I'm with Jarro...the RACs have the "Smallest Head" by far (compared to Vokey and Cleve)... 8)

450USD for a RACBlack...that's just INSANE!!! :shock:

jaster
28th May 2004, 05:21 AM

Mau, Mau, Mau. If you have learnt nothing from your time online with my me should know by now that all my bag changes are performance based. I am not like yourself and all these other cashed up HOs who change cause they like something new and shiny :twisted: :roll: Any club could be out tomorrow!!! I have pennants starting next week though so doubt there will be any major changes in the next few months.

btw...we have the Cleve 900 BRZ 60 - looks great and all that hoopla...didn't really WOW me...defn didn't like the HUGE head on them...
maybe the GunMetals are smaller, but I'm with Jarro...the RACs have the "Smallest Head" by far (compared to Vokey and Cleve)... 8)

My putting the 900s in the bag has nothing to do with looks, the performace of the 900s over the Vokeys was just a little better due to the better head shape and grind. The 60° has a shape and bounce profile that I have been after for ages!!

This is straight off the PGA tour (from Mike Weir the rumour is) but I have just found out last night that they have now got the Blacks in retail. I have no interest in trying them until well after pennants and this only if I feel I can find an extra edges....and I have no money either :lol:

goughy
28th May 2004, 07:09 AM
We compared the 900 gun metals to my rac yesterday too. Very similar head size.

McMw
28th May 2004, 09:55 AM

Mau, Mau, Mau. If you have learnt nothing from your time online with my me should know by now that all my bag changes are performance based. I am not like yourself and all these other cashed up HOs who change cause they like something new and shiny :twisted: :roll: Any club could be out tomorrow!!! I have pennants starting next week though so doubt there will be any major changes in the next few months.

My putting the 900s in the bag has nothing to do with looks, the performace of the 900s over the Vokeys was just a little better due to the better head shape and grind. The 60° has a shape and bounce profile that I have been after for ages!!

This is straight off the PGA tour (from Mike Weir the rumour is) but I have just found out last night that they have now got the Blacks in retail. I have no interest in trying them until well after pennants and this only if I feel I can find an extra edges....and I have no money either :lol:

ah...u know I'm just joshin u around!!! :wink: :lol: :lol:

if u can handle it...props to you man...
I'm nowhere near as capable as you to handle all those XXXXXX Flex/Tour gears... :wink: 8)

Jarro
28th May 2004, 10:09 AM
Without wanting to offend though mate I seriously doubt that they are as good as the 900s

well i suppose you HAVE to say that, 'cos you have the 900's.. but haven't tried the RAC's :P :wink:

only one way to find out for sure :-k

jaster
28th May 2004, 06:44 PM
Without wanting to offend though mate I seriously doubt that they are as good as the 900s

well i suppose you HAVE to say that, 'cos you have the 900's.. but haven't tried the RAC's :P :wink:

only one way to find out for sure :-k

Don't get me wrong...the RAC blacks look smick....there is no way I will buy a TM wedge (unless I get it for cheap ;)) until they release a forged LH iron set :) :P