PDA

View Full Version : Best U.S. second hand club websites?

davepuppies
7th January 2010, 09:04 PM
I have seen 3 balls golf, but what are some good websites from US that sell lots of second hand stuff?

Cheers

gazgolf1
7th January 2010, 09:39 PM
http://www.globalgolf.com/

zigwah
7th January 2010, 10:10 PM
3balls are pretty good

henno
7th January 2010, 10:11 PM
timtheputterman

golfwrx

;-)

virge666
7th January 2010, 10:22 PM
3 balls - all day long.

Buy your clubs off eBay though.

simmsy
7th January 2010, 10:39 PM
3 balls - all day long.

how is it different virge?

i know Global golf are alot cheaper with freight on ebay, exy through their own website.

just
7th January 2010, 10:58 PM
callaway pre-owned

the_man
8th January 2010, 08:54 PM
I am thinking of grabbing a second hand (rated excellent) R9 460 from globalgolf.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=360223703426&_trkparms=tab%3DWatching

Has anyone purchased from these guys? I have never bought anything from overseas before so just making sure I have nothing to worry about in terms of product quality, shipping etc?

henno
8th January 2010, 09:04 PM
My diablo driver is a global golf club. The USPS package came rather damaged, but that's not really their fault. The club was fine however, so I'd give them the thumbs up.

(This was off their ebay store - their website shipping charges are exorbitant.)

Hamo84
8th January 2010, 09:17 PM
3 balls - all day long.

+1

as well as Global Golf's ebay store.

Have to say that quite often these guys have some pretty good stuff going very cheap.

Hamo84
8th January 2010, 09:20 PM
Pretty much everything in my bag is from either 3 balls or global golf.

Driver, Irons, Wedge - 3 balls
Hybrid Global golf

dodgem
8th January 2010, 09:24 PM
I am thinking of grabbing a second hand (rated excellent) R9 460 from globalgolf.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=360223703426&_trkparms=tab%3DWatching

Has anyone purchased from these guys? I have never bought anything from overseas before so just making sure I have nothing to worry about in terms of product quality, shipping etc?

For this auction. no mention of whether the auction includes the torque wrench for the club. If you need it you may want to inquire before hand.

I purchased a R9 4 wood from them last year and the club was described as in 'excellent condition' and was just that, the club still had the plastic wrapping on the head! Took about 1 week to be delivered.

Cheers.

the_man
8th January 2010, 09:37 PM
Thanks for the feedback guys! I don't think I will ever pay retail again after seeing some of these prices.

Dodgem - Will certainly make sure they send the tool with the club.

Now I just have to decide whether I would benefit from the TP model with better shaft hmmm :-k

Anyone got any experience with this stock aldila reax? I previously had an R7 460 with the stock shaft & that was a nightmare.

3oneday
8th January 2010, 09:46 PM
Dodgem - Will certainly make sure they send the tool with the club.

won't happen, they don't have tools. By all means ask, but that will be the answer ;)

Stock shaft is fine, unless you..... anyway, it's fine ;)

shu
8th January 2010, 09:46 PM
I haven't paid retail for a golf club since buying a Callaway Hawkeye VFT on special for $699 in 2002.

Thank god for the interwebz.

the_man
8th January 2010, 09:54 PM
won't happen, they don't have tools. By all means ask, but that will be the answer ;)

Stock shaft is fine, unless you..... anyway, it's fine ;)

hahaha unless?
I am sure it is ok, I just find that most of the shafts I play seem to be a little whippy & I find the left side of the course allot. Hopefully this shaft is better than the one they had in the R7 460.

rodders
8th January 2010, 09:57 PM
Rockbottom, 3balls and TGW are all very good.

Postage always issue to consider but if you buy bulk you can save heaps than here.

I also look at blogs such as here and in the States - awesome bargains to be had.

Oldplayer
8th January 2010, 10:04 PM
Proshopwharehouse is great. Good quality gear, great price on runouts and fast professional service.

davepuppies
8th January 2010, 10:12 PM
I am looking for a older set of DCIs - either original gold, or black - but am looking for them at a bargain price as they are now quite old.........

Most of the above sires have newer stuff, or the ones that might have them change a arm and a leg!

I am not using them to paly with (i dont think i will) but want them for nostalgic reasons - as the golds were the first decent irons i owned as a younger player and would like a nice set

just
8th January 2010, 10:16 PM
Pretty sure Proshopwarehouse is closed.

Oldplayer
8th January 2010, 10:25 PM
I am looking for a older set of DCIs - either original gold, or black - but am looking for them at a bargain price as they are now quite old.........

Most of the above sires have newer stuff, or the ones that might have them change a arm and a leg!

I am not using them to paly with (i dont think i will) but want them for nostalgic reasons - as the golds were the first decent irons i owned as a younger player and would like a nice set
Global golf sell a lot of older irons I think.

3oneday
9th January 2010, 05:36 AM
Proshopwharehouse is great. Good quality gear, great price on runouts and fast professional service.

Pretty sure Proshopwarehouse is closed.

yes, and did the dirty on buyers on the way out too !

markTHEblake
9th January 2010, 11:20 AM

I should be able get you a set of DCI's i think they are the first ones that came out. 1 iron to sand wedge. but the PW is missing.

I can also tell you that the lofts are all screwy, the swingweights are messed up and the shafts ranged from R to something like XXX (off the scale). They were custom ordered from Titliest like that at a cost of over $2000 in the 1980's. what a Ho

They are my brothers clubs, he has hardly played since a few years after he had them (little wonder). If you are going to refit them with decent shafts and get the specs sorted out they should be fine for you.

f00re
9th January 2010, 11:46 AM
I have had some good dealings with
mkcgolf on ebay

3oneday
9th January 2010, 01:42 PM
I have my suspicions that there is some sort of relationship with Global Golf, however you might all be pleased to know that someone is copying Callaway now ;)

www.taylormadepreowned.com... now shipping internationally !

Same rates as Global Golf but hell, if you get enough folk on board shipping per club is about $20ish each. 8)

davepuppies
9th January 2010, 07:11 PM
I should be able get you a set of DCI's i think they are the first ones that came out. 1 iron to sand wedge. but the PW is missing.

I can also tell you that the lofts are all screwy, the swingweights are messed up and the shafts ranged from R to something like XXX (off the scale). They were custom ordered from Titliest like that at a cost of over $2000 in the 1980's. what a Ho

They are my brothers clubs, he has hardly played since a few years after he had them (little wonder). If you are going to refit them with decent shafts and get the specs sorted out they should be fine for you.

Hi mark,

would have to be REALLY cheap for me to be interested.

watching a set 1-pw on the bay at the moment.....

Cheers

HS2010
9th January 2010, 10:40 PM
Another vote for GlobalGolf, though I was in the US at the time and the shipping was dirt cheap. Their club condition ratings are very fair.

Golfnut
10th January 2010, 01:15 AM
I have my suspicions that there is some sort of relationship with Global Golf, however you might all be pleased to know that someone is copying Callaway now ;)

www.taylormadepreowned.com (http://www.taylormadepreowned.com)... now shipping internationally !

Same rates as Global Golf but hell, if you get enough folk on board shipping per club is about $20ish each. 8)

Hmmm.......link didn't work 3OD.....looking for a Tour Burner 4i or 3i just for the shaft to reshaft my 4h.

3oneday
10th January 2010, 02:29 AM
Sorry, http://www.taylormadegolfpreowned.com/golfclub.aspx?pd=1015212

markTHEblake
10th January 2010, 02:46 AM
would have to be REALLY cheap for me to be interested.

i have no idea what really cheap might be.

anyway you know where to find me.