PDA

View Full Version : Should I buy?

GolfBallWhackerGuy
6th January 2010, 11:54 AM
I went into Powergolf store yesterday during my lunch break to get one of those putting cup which automatically sends the ball back to the person putting. Whilst there, i had a hit of a 2nd hand set of Mizuno MP-67 into the launch monitor thingy with the screen etc that they have set up in the store.
Im an 18-20 h/capper (with somewhat blind ambitions to get to single figures lol) and i was shocked. I hit the 6 iron great - better than i could imagine. So i tried the 3i and the 8i and I hit the irons solidly. The shot dispersion was tighter than my 735cm combo and i was getting extra metres. How can this be? They are blades and Im a "high-handicapper"?!
Damn the 3i head looked scary small but dayam! they felt SWEET. Luckily an urgent phone call from owrk had me racing out the door empty-handed. But could it be that the set up of these irons were perfect for my swing and if so....should I get them?

MegaWatty
6th January 2010, 12:00 PM
How much were they?

GolfBallWhackerGuy
6th January 2010, 12:13 PM
$1K. They looked decent and possibly kept in headcovers as no signs of bag chatter. Would fall in the 8.5-9/10 range.

MegaWatty
6th January 2010, 12:15 PM
I've got some Im willing to move for a lot less than that! They were sent accidently to me instead of MP57s. I decided to keep them as well as get the correct ones sent. They are ex demo with a small amount of chatter. PM me if you want to pursue it.

Hamo84
6th January 2010, 12:17 PM
u could get them much cheaper thn tht online couldnt you?

Hamo84
6th January 2010, 12:18 PM
I've got some Im willing to move for a lot less than that! They were sent accidently to me instead of MP57s. I decided to keep them as well as get the correct ones sent. They are ex demo with a small amount of chatter. PM me if you want to pursue it.
is there a big difference between the 2 sets MW

mdcorea
6th January 2010, 12:24 PM

Hi Megawatty

I am interesting your mp 67, could you please send pics and price to my emial

mdcorea at daum dot net

Cheers

leighthebee
6th January 2010, 03:33 PM
Im an 18-20 h/capper (with somewhat blind ambitions to get to single figures lol) and i was shocked. I hit the 6 iron great - better than i could imagine. So i tried the 3i and the 8i and I hit the irons solidly. The shot dispersion was tighter than my 735cm combo and i was getting extra metres. How can this be? They are blades and Im a "high-handicapper"?!
Damn the 3i head looked scary small but dayam! they felt SWEET.

Imagine how small that 3 iron will look when your not hitting it sweet.

That's the thing with blades. Nothing feels sweeter. But we all know the downside. Zero forgiveness.

I still love my Ram blades. But I got over hitting mishit pitchies 6o metres.

Leave them there for some other sucker. :lol:

virge666
6th January 2010, 04:40 PM
if so....should I get them?

Honestly - No.

You will have good days with them . . . but you will have some seriously bad days with them.

You need to be on singles to even think about playing these...

Johnny Canuck
6th January 2010, 05:01 PM
also, retail launch monitors are generally set up to make you look better than you are.

wind at the back, blowing right to left to lessen slices, etc.

zigwah
6th January 2010, 05:04 PM
also, retail launch monitors are generally set up to make you look better than you are.

I didn't know that

henno
6th January 2010, 05:09 PM

In that case they wouldn't be able to sell me squat. I've been going too left and too long for the last 3 months or so. :wink:

Johnny Canuck
6th January 2010, 05:13 PM
I didn't know that

a mate of mine who runs a shop just confessed that he has had to do it to his because all of the other retailers do the same thing (according to him).

he's a pretty honest guy, who wouldn't be doing this if he didn't feel that he had to.

he said that if someone hops on his launch monitor and doesn't get the same results that they get elsewhere, he won't get the sale.

zigwah
6th January 2010, 05:17 PM
a mate of mine who runs a shop just confessed that he has had to do it to his because all of the other retailers do the same thing (according to him).

he's a pretty honest guy, who wouldn't be doing this if he didn't feel that he had to.

he said that if someone hops on his launch monitor and doesn't get the same results that they get elsewhere, he won't get the sale.

What hope have we got?

Johnny Canuck
6th January 2010, 05:26 PM
demo at a range or on the course, the only safe way!

zigwah
6th January 2010, 05:27 PM
sounds like it

KristianJ
6th January 2010, 05:47 PM
$1K. They looked decent and possibly kept in headcovers as no signs of bag chatter. Would fall in the 8.5-9/10 range.

If you're keen, go with MW. It's an expensive buy if you end up finding out that they drag you back and you can't replicate the launch monitor results on the course or the range.

I'd say just keep on working at it with the 735cm's - your ambitions are still within reach with those clubs, IMO.

GolfBallWhackerGuy
8th January 2010, 08:32 AM
Thanks guys. Thats what I also thought ie Im staying well away from the blades for the time being (and my wallet breathes a sigh of relief!).
Cheers

markTHEblake
8th January 2010, 09:18 AM
How can this be? They are blades and Im a "high-handicapper"?!
the fact that they are blades has nothing to do with you hitting them well.

length, lie, weight,of the head, shaft flex, tip etc all had everything to do with it.