PDA

View Full Version : Cricket: NZ vs Aust ODI Game 4

AndyP
1st March 2005, 09:49 AM
Why is it that it takes Ponting to be out of the side before Future Boy finally gets a bowl?
They should be grooming him as a part-time bowler, especially now that Lehmann has gone.
Has he bowled at all this summer? I can't recall whether he might have bowled just a couple of overs or not.

Kiwis 3/145 (32.5)
Kaspa 1 Lee 0

AndyP
1st March 2005, 09:53 AM
............and Clarke gets a wicket almost immediately.

Even though Ponting is not there that's another cross against his captaincy from me.

NZ 4/146 (34)
Kaspa 1 Lee 0

Trung
1st March 2005, 10:01 AM
Australia chose to bowl first after Adam Gilchrist won the toss

:? Why bowl first? Normally it is automatic for Australia to bat first if the toss is won :?

AndyP
1st March 2005, 10:47 AM
44.3 Lee to Cairns, SIX, MAXIMUM! makes room and lofts it over the long-off fence, clean swing, amazing hit

Is "Maximum" some sort of Kiwi slang? Think I have seen it a couple of times in the written commentary.

NZ 7/216 (46.5)
Lee 1 Kaspa 1

Fishman Dan
1st March 2005, 11:04 AM
Australia chose to bowl first after Adam Gilchrist won the toss

:? Why bowl first? Normally it is automatic for Australia to bat first if the toss is won :?

The series is dead, why not try something different.

Besides, the Kiwi's prefer to bat second? Time to change it up for them. If the pitch is damp too it gives it time to dry and flatten out a little. Anyone got Foxtel? What's the pitch look like?

Onewood
1st March 2005, 11:15 AM
K1W1's all out again :roll: have they seen out the 50 overs yet...

Pitch look's OK, McGrath got a bit of reverse swing going and lee just keep's hitting them :D with another head shot 8) :D

Lee 2
Kaspa 1

AndyP
1st March 2005, 11:22 AM
As much as I think that Hopes shouldn't be in the international side, his bowling figures indicate that he did an alright job.
Could someone watching the tele give us the lowdown?

Fishman Dan
1st March 2005, 11:46 AM
K1W1's all out again :roll: have they seen out the 50 overs yet...

Pitch look's OK, McGrath got a bit of reverse swing going and lee just keep's hitting them :D with another head shot 8) :D

Lee 2
Kaspa 1

That's a bit hoarsh Ritchie - 49.5 overs :lol:

Lee's problems are the No Balls / Wides - 5 unnecessary runs today. Other than that the Kiwi's just can't handle his pace.

Who'd he hit this time?

Fishman Dan
1st March 2005, 12:29 PM
0/76 in the 10th over :shock:

Katich has just pasted them for 29 runs in 12 balls!!

Sorry Haydos, but this doesn't bode well for you..

He ain't born here, but last i knew he wore NSW colours :lol: ;)

Bruce
1st March 2005, 12:36 PM
He hit their #9 batsman. And it went for 4lb.

He still jumps around like a goose when he knocks over the #11. He says he wants to be like DK Lillee. He can start by realising the difference between the number 1-5 and 7-11.

Fishman Dan
1st March 2005, 12:41 PM

He still jumps around like a goose when he knocks over the #11. He says he wants to be like DK Lillee. He can start by realising the difference between the number 1-5 and 7-11.

Bruce - recent games he's smashed the top order.

Besides, you forgot the #6.

AndyP
1st March 2005, 12:44 PM
Statistics show that Lee has never got the #6 batsmen out, so it is irrelevant.

0/76 in the 10th over
Stuff the internet commentary, I'll have to put the radio on now.
Doh, it's not on.

Fishman Dan
1st March 2005, 12:49 PM
Statistics show that Lee has never got the #6 batsmen out, so it is irrelevant.

I'd normally have a chuckle at this, but i don't know if you're right or not. If it's true - you are totally freaking me out!

It's now 2/115 after 15 overs. Holy crap!

Bruce
1st March 2005, 01:36 PM

Bruce - recent games he's smashed the top order.

Today he dismissed 7 and 8 and hit 9 on the head going for 4lb.

How does that "only as good as your last game" stuff go again?

However, the point of comparison I wanted to make was: Watch Lillee dismiss a tail ended and he is barely excited. That's his job. Dickhead jumps around and pulls out the chainsaw for the meekest #11.

Bruce
1st March 2005, 01:54 PM
It's all moot anyway. This is a massacre. :twisted:

The Kiwis should ask for their money back from that psych dude. Although perhaps they can change his position from motivator to suicide prevention. There will be some rather shell shocked black caps after this match.

Onewood
1st March 2005, 02:22 PM
Simply bloody AWESOME

Bring on the world CUP or is that a bit early :D

Jarro
1st March 2005, 02:29 PM
clinical display from the Aussies :D

.. the old Black caps really have got nuthin' left to throw at our boys .... not even their great white hope Vettori could have helped them much today .... the lads were seeing the ball like a beachball :shock:

bring on the clean sweep 8)

Onewood
1st March 2005, 02:35 PM
clinical display from the Aussies :D

.. the old Black caps really have got nuthin' left to throw at our boys .... not even their great white hope Vettori could have helped them much today .... the lads were seeing the ball like a beachball :shock:

Oneday Cricket and Twoday Test if this is the best they've got :D

AndyP
1st March 2005, 02:43 PM
Bloody Hell! I go to a stupid meeting, come back to my desk and it is all over.

Oneday Cricket and Twoday Test if this is the best they've got :D
Don't you see that it is all part of the evil Kiwis plans?

After losing the ODI series, they are now lulling the Aussies into becoming overconfident, before pouncing, and crushing them in the Tests, with their A-grade bowling attack, and sublime batting skills.

Plus, they had some money on the margin with an Indian bookie.