1st March 2005, 09:18 AM
GIDDY UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Trung
1st March 2005, 09:24 AM
Great Job by SBS :D

AndyP
1st March 2005, 09:28 AM
Only a million bucks too.

I am unclear on whether they have obtained full rights and will show it all live or not. The baggygreen website didn't really give full details. Anyone know?

Fishman Dan
1st March 2005, 09:30 AM
Only a million bucks too.

I am unclear on whether they have obtained full rights and will show it all live or not. The baggygreen website didn't really give full details. Anyone know?

I was wondering that too - the Sydney Morning Herald article didn't really go into full detail. I would suggest they will have the full days play.

They mentioned that they will take the commentary feed from abroad, with their own local 'experts'. I guess that means no Michael Slater.

Phew. :P

AndyP
1st March 2005, 09:35 AM
I would suggest they will have the full days play.

You'd have to feel like a bit of a chump if you were actually paying for Foxtel, wouldn't you?

Trung
1st March 2005, 09:42 AM
1 March, 2005
Ashes to be televised on SBS

SBS will broadcast the five-Test Ashes series live from England from July to September.

SBS Managing Director Nigel Milan said the network has signed the agreement with the England and Wales Cricket Board and aimed to provide the best possible coverage of the event.

"SBS is a strong supporter of the anti-siphoning rules and believes that this Ashes series should be on free-to-air television in accordance with the spirit of those rules," he said.

"With the commercial networks uninterested and the ABC unable to reach agreement, SBS felt that as a national public broadcaster we should respond to the public clamour for the series to be available on free-to-air television."

"We are doing this as a service to the community. If we had not acted, we believe only pay television audiences would get to see the series," he said.

Milan said the network had adjusted its schedule to maximise coverage of the Ashes series and, at the same time, meet pre-existing sport commitments.

He added coverage will commence at the beginning of the first session each day and only the middle sessions during the first test would be interrupted by SBS's long-standing commitment to broadcast the final stages of the Tour de France.

Fishman Dan
1st March 2005, 11:06 AM

You'd have to feel like a bit of a chump if you were actually paying for Foxtel, wouldn't you?

Yeah, with all that Super 12, NRL, Fox Footy Channel........ :roll:

I still wish ;)

3oneday
1st March 2005, 01:15 PM

You'd have to feel like a bit of a chump if you were actually paying for Foxtel, wouldn't you?Not if the commentary is done by SBS :shock: :lol: :lol:

Andippy, you and the word paying don't really see eye to eye, do they ??? :roll: :wink:

:lol: :lol:

McMw
1st March 2005, 02:01 PM
nice work by SBS....who cares who's doing the commentary...bet it'll still be better than C9's...

turn the volume down, and turn the radio up!!! :wink:

Jarro
1st March 2005, 02:43 PM

yeah, like Fishy said, i'm really sick of watching all the cricket, rugby league,golf,GAYFL .... live :roll:

getting Foxtel is the worst idea i've ever had :roll: :wink: :lol:

AndyP
1st March 2005, 02:51 PM

yeah, like Fishy said, i'm really sick of watching all the cricket, rugby league,golf,GAYFL .... live :roll:

getting Foxtel is the worst idea i've ever had :roll: :wink: :lol:
And I was serious?

First time in ages I have watched international golf on TV on the weekend, thanks to the outlaws Austar.
I'd get it, but I'm afraid I would never leave the couch, if I did.
I have trouble turning it off, even when there is nothing good on.

Jarro
1st March 2005, 03:13 PM
i'm pretty sure we Foxtel subscribers will still get to see the Ashes Tour as well .... it's still in the upcoming events section on the website :?

just read that Channel 7 has the rights for the one-dayers too .

3oneday
1st March 2005, 03:16 PM
just read that Channel 7 has the rights for the one-dayers too .not exclusive though, I don't think..... I think it will be ALL shown on Pay, on commercial when it suits the suits :lol: :lol: or is it when they think we want to watch it :? :?

Jarro
1st March 2005, 03:22 PM
just read that Channel 7 has the rights for the one-dayers too .not exclusive though, I don't think..... I think it will be ALL shown on Pay, on commercial when it suits the suits :lol: :lol: or is it when they think we want to watch it :? :?

don't think i'll watch any of it on the free-to-air suppliers .... if it's on Foxtel, that's what i'll watch 8)

3oneday
1st March 2005, 06:02 PM
don't think i'll watch any of it on the free-to-air suppliers .... if it's on Foxtel, that's what i'll watch 8)exactly, commentary is better, ads are fewer.... 8) 8)

Jarro
1st March 2005, 06:11 PM
don't think i'll watch any of it on the free-to-air suppliers .... if it's on Foxtel, that's what i'll watch 8)exactly, commentary is better, ads are fewer.... 8) 8)

don't forget the interactive menu :smt023

Bruce
1st March 2005, 07:35 PM
I just saw the Ch. 7 has secured the rights to the ODI games in England.

Cynical bastards.

Fishman Dan
1st March 2005, 10:20 PM
I just saw the Ch. 7 has secured the rights to the ODI games in England.

Cynical bastards.

Huh? Why? Who's being the cynic here?

That Foxtel interactive stuff is crap - been to the cousins, you can't make anything out?!

AndyP
2nd March 2005, 08:35 AM
Damn you, ABC, and your constant advertisements for "The Bill".

That Foxtel interactive stuff is crap - been to the cousins, you can't make anything out?!
Works on the outlaws Austar.
I think it is more useful for the footy, rather than the cricket.

Jarro
2nd March 2005, 01:42 PM
interactive menu works a treat at our place, very clear picture ... and very usefull.

I get to watch all the dismissals again and again and again and again ............... :roll:

Only someone that doesn't have Foxtel would say that the interactive menu wasn't any good :P

3oneday
2nd March 2005, 01:48 PM
Damn you, ABC, and your constant advertisements for "The Bill".
do SBS and 7 do ads for "The Bill" now, gee, that's nice of them..... :roll: :roll:

Actually, do SBS have ads ??? followed by, what number on the tele is SBS anyway ???

Oh, hang on, I DON'T CARE...................... :lol: :lol:

AndyP
2nd March 2005, 02:12 PM
do SBS and 7 do ads for "The Bill" now, gee, that's nice of them..... :roll: :roll:
Sorry, my bad. Was thinking ABC because they made the initial bid. Anyway, one of those channels that people rarely flick to, and have bugger all ads.

Jarro
2nd March 2005, 02:31 PM
i actually think the coverage of the current NZ tour has been pretty good. By that, i mean there weren't that many ads in the coverage 8)

you didn't miss any of the action. Certainly not near as bad a job as Channel 9 would do if they had it :evil:

AndyP
2nd March 2005, 02:33 PM
you didn't miss any of the action. Certainly not near as bad a job as Channel 9 would do if they had it :evil:
What about the 20-20 match on Foxtel, jarro?
Ch9 really stuffed that one up, going to ad breaks for too long.

Jarro
2nd March 2005, 02:58 PM
What about the 20-20 match on Foxtel, jarro?
Ch9 really stuffed that one up, going to ad breaks for too long.

exactly :evil:

the Foxtel coverage of the Aus/NZ 20/20 game was excellent .... no play was lost to stupid ad breaks at all 8)