PDA

View Full Version : Week Commencing 28 Feb 2005

cazandpaul
1st March 2005, 05:16 AM
Is no one playing this week :?:

Courty
1st March 2005, 07:29 PM
Played 9 this arve. Shot a solid +3. Didn't make too many mistakes. Was smashing the driver loooong today. The greens are rubbish atm. There are large patches where the grass has dies and completely dissappeared. Having to putt through these dirt patches doesn't inspire one much. :?

Ona
1st March 2005, 08:31 PM
<touch wood>
played 9 this arvo. didnt keep score, just testing out my latest epiphany. hit some beauties, and feel like if I stick to this, in the not too distant future I'll be hitting more shots straight than not :D
</touch wood>

Coffs_Hacker
1st March 2005, 10:03 PM
Played 18 as a practice for this weekends club champs at coffs.
Shot a 81/69 par72. nothing flash , just a solid round (a word i've never used to describe my game "solid" hehe)

10/14 fairways
10/18 gir
32 putts

McMw
2nd March 2005, 12:14 AM
started off with a push/fade OOBs on the 10th for a triple...
after that, I was holding on nicely to be still only 2 over after 15...then disaster bogey/double on 16 and 17 to ruin it... :(

Onewood
2nd March 2005, 08:42 AM
Shot a 81/69 par72. nothing flash , just a solid round (a word i've never used to describe my game "solid" hehe)

10/14 fairways
10/18 gir
32 putts

Good luck in the chanps Coffs 8) How many weeks does the champs run :?: we go Sat,Sat,Sat & Sunday...

BrisVegas
2nd March 2005, 08:47 AM

10/14 fairways
10/18 gir
32 putts

Good work Craig. Does Coffs have a rule that says you can't win the Championships as a new member?? :lol: Just kidding mate! Good luck. Can't believe your boss let you out of the restaurant for that much golf. :shock:

Coffs_Hacker
2nd March 2005, 10:58 AM
Ours runs sat,sun,sat,sun

Fringe benefit of sleeping with the boss :)

Tee off at 7:56am, start work at 1pm and finish at 1am.. the joys of golf

Onewood
2nd March 2005, 11:23 AM
Ours runs sat,sun,sat,sun

Seeded for the last round :?:

Iain
2nd March 2005, 03:26 PM
Played at Windaroo this morning, played quite well, only hit driver twice on the front 9, had 39 off the stick, with a nice birdie putt going in on the 8th. The back nine, was a bit worse, 44 (Which is my hcp), should've been a 43, as I missed a very short birdie putt on 18, only hit driver 4 times on the back.

Hitting the 3 wood really straight, and about 220m average. So no real need to hit driver on a lot of holes. Plus only hit it really well twice of the 6 times I hit it, so I need to work a bit on it. But the 3 wood and all my irons were very good.

So at the end I had a 83/67, should go down to 15.

Happy with that,

Iain

peter_rs
3rd March 2005, 08:42 AM
Played 9 holes with 990B luva at Jindalee had a 43 net 31(par33). I was just out to have fun missed every fairway, got 2 GIR even pulled of a bird with a chip in(followed up with a triple on a par3 after a shank of the tee).

Jindalee is what I would call a country course green tees and putting surface no real fairway just dry grass of varying lengths. No dirt patches yet but needs water I thing Corinda is in better condition. But its still a fun why to kill 1 1/2 hours

terryand
3rd March 2005, 09:28 AM
Pete I prefer to spend an hour ans a half in the dentist chair than at Jindalee :?

Terry.

Onewood
3rd March 2005, 09:36 AM
Pete I prefer to spend an hour ans a half in the dentist chair than at Jindalee :?

Terry.

Come on guy's lets not start bagging golf courses [-X :D

AndyP
3rd March 2005, 10:29 AM

Come on guy's lets not start bagging golf courses [-X :D
Why not? Isn't that the sort of discussion a golf forum should have?

peter_rs
3rd March 2005, 10:33 AM
No one was bagging the cousre terry was just saying he likes dentist more then golf :lol:

Onewood
3rd March 2005, 09:12 PM
35 points at Palm Medows today with the police social club 8) had a good day a couple of beers and a fu$%en lot of putt's.....

Trung
3rd March 2005, 09:44 PM
35 putts for a 6hcper....ooouch... thats gotta hurt your gametrack stats :? :lol:

Onewood
3rd March 2005, 09:48 PM
35 putts for a 6hcper....ooouch... thats gotta hurt your gametrack stats :? :lol:

35 points :roll: :wink:

Trung
3rd March 2005, 09:57 PM
I think I will go to bed now :oops:

McMw
3rd March 2005, 11:59 PM
played only 8 holes, so can't put my score into GT...which is GREAT...coz I had a really bad game...

I'll use my sickness as an execuse!!! :lol:

let's see...had an 8 on the 11th (par4)...
only 3 pars...only 1 green...
think i finished 9 over for 8 holes... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Trung
5th March 2005, 11:11 AM
MM Net 71, Scr 77, CCR???

Had a double on the last :evil: :oops: :evil: :oops: :evil: :oops:

I'm a choker :roll:

Flowergirl
5th March 2005, 01:39 PM
Played at Windaroo this morning, played quite well, only hit driver twice on the front 9, had 39 off the stick, with a nice birdie putt going in on the 8th. The back nine, was a bit worse, 44 (Which is my hcp), should've been a 43, as I missed a very short birdie putt on 18, only hit driver 4 times on the back.

Hitting the 3 wood really straight, and about 220m average. So no real need to hit driver on a lot of holes. Plus only hit it really well twice of the 6 times I hit it, so I need to work a bit on it. But the 3 wood and all my irons were very good.

Happy with that,

Iain

Iain.....good to see you aren't just a pretty face :wink: Yep...three wood 220m down the middle is a good choice - any gorilla can hit it a mile - great score and good to see your hanicap go down. What did it drop to?

Iain
5th March 2005, 03:29 PM

Happy with that,

Iain

Iain.....good to see you aren't just a pretty face :wink: Yep...three wood 220m down the middle is a good choice - any gorilla can hit it a mile - great score and good to see your hanicap go down. What did it drop to?

Thanks FG, why don't you check my Golflink Link in my sig?? :P :P

It went down to 14.6, so another decent round and I'll be off 14.

But I will get the driver sorted, for the long par 4's shortish par 5's, as its easier to hit a 9 iron in than a 5 iron on a 400m par 4...... :roll: :roll:

Iain

McMw
5th March 2005, 03:41 PM
Tip - NEVER EVER play when u're still sick... :wink:

played 18 this morning with the kid...and after smacking my first drive down past the 100yard marker (abt 70yards left) I thought it was gonna be a great day!!! :D

18 holes later, I didn't know what the heck I was doing out on the course, my throat was killing me, my nose was giving me the crapper, and the wind was making it tough for everyone...

note - need to spend time on the chipping green next week... :roll:

Onewood
5th March 2005, 04:47 PM
Can someone start next weeks thread :roll: this week ended with a NCR for me :cry: after a social player picked my ball up on the last :evil:
that was on top of a 8 on the par 4 15th, 2 OOB's :cry:

terryand
5th March 2005, 07:33 PM
Man its hard to win a a NTP at windy

On the 5th,playing around 170m,I hit it to 6" and got knocked off

Terry.

After coming so close to a hole in one last week.

Today I stood on the tee playing right from the blocks(190m).

Hit it to about 3m behind the hole.When I got to the green the group in front said the ball caught a big piece of the hole and lipped out a full lap of the hole

Bugger So close 2 weeks in arow....maybe next week third time lucky :?

Terry.

McMw
5th March 2005, 10:12 PM
went to play 9 again...bird 4 and 5, bogey 8 to finish the nine 1under...gotta love that!!! :lol:

had 5 1-putts in the first 5 hole...(first hole was off the green)...

Grunt
6th March 2005, 06:27 AM
Played ok yesterday 36 points.

Played with 2 local kids just starting out and enjoyed helping them learn little bit and pieces such as how to score stableford.

One of them had his first par on a par 5 and was stoked and the other was coming to grips with how you could play really well one week and the next not be able to score at all.

As I was the swinger they were having a bit of a contest to see which team was going to win; in the end it ended up 39 & 40 points with the kid that played the worst winning the team event between them.

Courty
6th March 2005, 10:13 AM
Monthly Medal yesterday. It wasn't to be. I made +4 39 on the front with a triple on the par 4 third hole (damn trees) :roll: . I thought the round was shot after those three holes, but I then went even par for the next 6 holes (1 bird, 1 bogey) to finish even with my handicap. The next nine was a disaster however. I tripled the 10th (more damn trees) :evil: and even with birdies on 2 of the par 5s, I still finished with 45 on the back. 84 nett 77. ](*,) :smt017 :smt009 :smt076 :smt092 :smt102

Jono
6th March 2005, 11:51 AM
Qualifying for 2BBB Knockout. My partner and I had an eight under 63. I didn't strike the ball all that clean but putted well. 28 putts ... best putting round I've had in a while. Must be the hypnotherapy CD that Keza gave me ... :wink:

I think that should be enough to qualify us into the quarterfinals.

markTHEblake
6th March 2005, 12:57 PM
After coming so close to a hole in one last week.

i had my closest shave for a decade or two yesterday. Lipped the hole, probably due to the pin being in crooked and finishing an inch away behind the hole.

davidp
6th March 2005, 05:22 PM
Played Nudgee, North course, today with Macca, CraigD and one of his mates. The wind was 3 clubs strong on some holes which made distance control interesting. :wink:

Started slowly but had a solid back nine for me. 37 points with 3 washes. Seemed to hit the ball really solidly on the back nine, including driving well - something I haven't done in quite a while. :oops:

All up, I'm pretty happy. :D

AndyP
6th March 2005, 05:32 PM
06/03/05, Corinda GC, Social - 9 Holes

Had my first round for a month, and was pretty happy with the way I hit it. I expected to have plenty of duffs and shanks, but on the whole I hit it pretty clean.

I thought I was striking the irons well, but had no feel to get up & down, if I missed the green.
It's best not to judge your putting at Corinda, as the greens are pretty shaggy, but I had a few lip out.
Also added a new shot to my repertoire. The "hit the fence, so it will hit the ball" shot. I'm sure this shot will come in very handy in the future.

2 from 4 effective T-shots.
4 from 9 effective approaches.
18 putts.
40 nett 33 (par 31).

Trung
6th March 2005, 05:43 PM
Worst round of the year so far with 87 of the stick. Just couldn't hit a ball today. Maybe next week. 8)

Kee
6th March 2005, 06:01 PM
Broke 100 for the first time :D . However, did it at Victoria park which is a Par 65. Had a social round with a work colleague and some of his mates and shot an 85.

First time I've played Vic Park and its a pretty nice place for a social round.

Jono
6th March 2005, 06:51 PM
Broke 100 for the first time :D . However, did it at Victoria park which is a Par 65. Had a social round with a work colleague and some of his mates and shot an 85.

Bring out the champagne ... WELL DONE KEE! Keep it up. It won't be long before you get to 18 handicap. :wink:

Jarro
6th March 2005, 06:56 PM

well done mate =D>

did you use a cart .... or did you walk it :?: it's a bloody hard walk that place :x

davidp
6th March 2005, 06:57 PM
Well done Kee!! :D

jimandr
6th March 2005, 08:11 PM
After the rubbish I've been playing for weeks, it pleases me greatly to report a totally average (as in average good, not average ordinary) round of golf today.

36 points, with 10 of 14 fairways, 8 GIR, 5 of 9 up and down, no birdies, 1 3 putt, 32 putts in total. Chipping was the best it has been for months. Missed 5 putts of less than 5 feet, so the round could have been very good. My threat to dispose of the putter still stands, but I've given it another week just in case, as I holed a couple of nice four footers to finish today.

May also pick up nearest the pin, as much to my surprise 4.33m was good enough, and there were only three groups behind us.

mike
6th March 2005, 08:43 PM
Big day. Best ever score with a 75 off the stick (3 over par) 44 points.
And my first ever eagle.

yay

peter_rs
6th March 2005, 09:00 PM
Nice work on the eagle mike.

I played Toowoomba(Ridge) on Sat it was monthly medal and first round of club champs. Lets just say I enjoyed the walk I had a 108 net 84, I think I hit more left handed shots then right. I Still had 34 putts the greens were nice. I high light was a 8.... on a par 3.

Sharon had a 98 net 74 came second in the ladies comp. This included a 10 and 38 putts. She has rubbed it in all weekend.

Kee
6th March 2005, 09:49 PM
Thanks Jono, Jarro, and davidp :D .

Jarro, we had carts. If I walked I would have probably collapsed after the first 5 holes. Vic Park is seriously hilly. Some great views of the city though.

Courty
6th March 2005, 09:51 PM
And my first ever eagle.

Excellent work, mike. What hole was the eagle on? I'm guessing the new handicap will be around 10.2? Fill us in!

Onewood
6th March 2005, 10:03 PM
And my first ever eagle.

yay

Time to have another break mate :wink: that score is just scary =D> well done 8)

More details on the eagle please [chip in, tap in, 39 footer] :?:

mike
6th March 2005, 11:53 PM
Excellent work, mike. What hole was the eagle on? I'm guessing the new handicap will be around 10.2? Fill us in!

More details on the eagle please [chip in, tap in, 39 footer] :?:

470 metre par 5 16th, Courty. Kev, driver then 3 wood to the edge of the green. Sunk a 7 metre putt .
Handicap should be around 10.2 I think. I'll find out next time I'm out there.

Time for a break ?

No way.

:wink:

amanda
7th March 2005, 07:42 AM
Great going mike!

I had 33 points, Brad 25 - so I win the money again :D I think this is the closest I've come to my new(ish) handicap in ages - so I'm really pleased. The round even included a birdie on a par 3 - I sunk a 15m putt! Mind you, if it hadn't gone in, it would have been about 5m past :oops:

McMw
7th March 2005, 09:34 AM
95 @ Jerudong....OUCH!!!! :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Bruce
7th March 2005, 10:56 AM
Bowling - 14o 1m 29r 1w
Batting - 0*

We are in the GRAND FINAL NEXT WEEK (and the week after).

3 weekends of Saturday/Sunday cricket in a row. I am gunna be a wreck for Easter. Hopefully a very happy, flag owning wreck.

macleod
7th March 2005, 11:10 AM
Nudgee North, comp off the blues, nice strong gale in effect...tres fun.

ripped my thumb flesh away from the nail base doing a hard hit down wedge shot on the 4th hole and was in a nice amount of pain with each shot...BUT discovered by taking my right thumb out of play on the grips driving was better. go figure!

still didn't help on irons shots due to divots, owwie! :( me wanted gaffer tape to hold it toghether

gross 88, nett 73 - 33 points CCR was 72 i think...ah who cares, what's nudge north's par anyway? :)

David P had 37 points but seems to have been pipped at the post by 2 other players with 37 in his grade7...bugger. recount! :D

Onewood
7th March 2005, 11:22 AM
Bowling - 14o 1m 29r 1w
Batting - 0*

3 weekends of Saturday/Sunday cricket in a row. I am gunna be a wreck for Easter. Hopefully a very happy, flag owning wreck.

OK Bruce seeing as you've bowled this one down :D
Is that 1w icket or 1w ide :D
What do you bowl spin, fast, or medium
0* how many balls faced :D

yeh and good luck in the final 8)

One more thing, :idea: can we have a video of your swing.... off the first tee, the week after the grand final :D

markTHEblake
7th March 2005, 11:47 AM
thats a bit of a worry Mac. The right thumb is not mean to be used in golf swing - middle two fingers only mate.

i rip chunks of flesh out of my left thumb, just below the knuckle. but i now wear elastoplast strapping and that stops that.

Bruce
7th March 2005, 12:39 PM
Bowling - 14o 1m 29r 1w
Batting - 0*

OK Bruce seeing as you've bowled this one down :D
Is that 1w icket or 1w ide :D
What do you bowl spin, fast, or medium
0* how many balls faced :D

yeh and good luck in the final 8)

One more thing, :idea: can we have a video of your swing.... off the first tee, the week after the grand final :D

1/29 from 14. I don't bowl wides. 8) Only got to face 4 balls before I ran out of partners. Another ton goes begging...

I bowl seam up either opening or first change depending on the side's makeup and conditions. If you were watching the Grand Prix you would have seen how crap the weather was in Melbourne this weekend. Pushing into a fricken gale for the whole 14. 90kph gusts at times. Nearly running in backwards.

As for the swing, just take a copy of Sam Snead's last ceremonial drive at Augusta and ugly it up a lot.

macleod
7th March 2005, 12:44 PM
thats a bit of a worry Mac. The right thumb is not mean to be used in golf swing - middle two fingers only mate.

i rip chunks of flesh out of my left thumb, just below the knuckle. but i now wear elastoplast strapping and that stops that.
that's what i figured.

since i rest the right thumb on top of the grip, it certainly made it obvious to me how much it's shifting around in my swing.....nice feedback loop a la BF Skinner :D

Virgal_Tracy
7th March 2005, 01:22 PM
Very mixed day. 91 scratch 69 nett par 67. Mixture of very ugly and surprisingly good. 15 over on the back 9 (started on the 10th) then started with par through the first 5 before it fell apart again.

Oh for some cosistency. Did manage to qualify for the C grade matchplay. This will be my first individual matchplay tourney so here's hoping that I keep the good holes and get rid of or limit the bad ones.