PDA

View Full Version : driver shaft

zigwah
4th January 2010, 12:59 PM
What weight do you prefer in your driver shaft and why?

I have been using light ones but thinking of giving a heavier one a go 75 or 85 gram.

Jarro
4th January 2010, 01:02 PM
I prefer a lighter weight, around 65 grams.

I find if i try a heavier shaft it makes we want to swing too hard.

BrisVegas
4th January 2010, 01:03 PM
as light and stiff as possible.

TheNuclearOne
4th January 2010, 01:05 PM
Roughly 65-74 for me.

TourFit
4th January 2010, 01:14 PM
I used to go for the 60-65g shafts, but have had more success with heavier ones lately. I lose little distance, but the extra weight slows my quick tempo down a bit, and gives me more accuracy (SOMETIMES !!!)

TheNuclearOne
4th January 2010, 06:35 PM
If you go heavier try a 75 first Zig. Some go heavier and build a bit shorter and find it great. She's all trial and error.

razaar
4th January 2010, 07:18 PM
I have a 65 gm in the Cally and a 75 gram in the Bridgey, different makes; I can't tell the difference except a different sound of impact.

KristianJ
5th January 2010, 08:56 PM
Roughly 65-74 for me.

Same, but probably closer to the 74 end.

Matt
5th January 2010, 11:43 PM
77g for me. used to have 65g. hit it so much better with heavy shaft.

leighthebee
6th January 2010, 01:28 PM
had a fuji which was 85 odd i think at one stage. couldn't feel it bend and hit it nowhere.

have a crappy (so all the people that know tell me) stock diamana in the Cobra L4V and have never hit a better driver. think its 57 grams or something. works great for me.

more to it than weight.

TheNuclearOne
6th January 2010, 01:53 PM
had a fuji which was 85 odd i think at one stage. couldn't feel it bend and hit it nowhere.

have a crappy (so all the people that know tell me) stock diamana in the Cobra L4V and have never hit a better driver. think its 57 grams or something. works great for me.

more to it than weight.

Remember too the L4V heads average about 208 grams (8 grams or more over the common) so they made their Diamana super light and counter balanced. SW wise and stuff they are made to go together.

Try this shaft in another driver however and you might be shocked. Unless you added a heap of lead tape to the head.

leighthebee
6th January 2010, 02:02 PM
yeah, i know its a heavy headed bugger. swings just perfect in feel for me, if a touch soft for really crunching one. swing smooth for usually longer drives.

i really like a lower kickpoint feel.

all the GolfWrX'ers hated the stock shaft, and recommended numerous high end shafts, but all were designed to lower the ball flight, something which I am looking to lift.

TheNuclearOne
6th January 2010, 02:33 PM
yeah, i know its a heavy headed bugger. swings just perfect in feel for me, if a touch soft for really crunching one. swing smooth for usually longer drives.

i really like a lower kickpoint feel.

all the GolfWrX'ers hated the stock shaft, and recommended numerous high end shafts, but all were designed to lower the ball flight, something which I am looking to lift.

Different strokes for different folks, and looks like you found yours. For you a drive like the L4V would be awesome, obviously. I sold mine as i couldn't get spin and flight as low as i wanted.

Immensely forgiving, easy to hit and accurate head. I liked the fact that the L4V allowed many people who could not hit driver to hit it again. I read many stories of people having given up on drivers having success with it. You gotta love that.

leighthebee
6th January 2010, 03:28 PM
Yeah, i think the first driver i bought was the King Cobra with 2 scoops when metal drivers were first making there mark.

The L4V ticks all the boxes for me. Length has never been my issue, just finding myself 2 fairways over.

I tried friggin all the big manu's. 905T/R, Ping G2, Taylormade Burner. Hit them all probably a bit further, except the 905's, just sprayed the crap out of them all.

The L4v is by far the tightest driver I have hit. Down to a fairway on either side :lol: