PDA

View Full Version : Vic: 2010 Vic Ozgolf Matchplay

Pages : [1] 2

chappy1970
1st January 2010, 01:53 PM
2010 Vic Ozgolf Matchplay

Detail
Annual Ozgolf Matchplay event for the Mexicans.
After closing date for interest, Bruce and myself will draw 1st round matches out of the hat. Matches will then be posted here. Round 1 will have a cut off date of (more than likely 31st of March).

Round 2 will consist of all round 1 match winners (if odd number of entries some players may get auto entry to second round i.e. last years winner jd_frank [Dave]) Round 2 will have a cut off date of (more than likely 30th of June).

Round 3 will consist of all round 2 match winners (if odd number of entries lucky losers get auto entry to third round) Round 3 will have a cut off date of (more than likely 30th of September).

All subsequent rounds will be determined after final numbers have been confirmed.

Format is handicapped matchplay i.e. one player has a handicap of 18 and the opponent has a handicap of 15 then the 18 h'caper will get a shot on the 3 hardest holes.

It is advisable to organise golf days in an attempt to get multiple matches completed on the one day, also those new Ozgolf members can get to know other Victorian golfers, (all Interstate Ozgolfers are most welcome to play in these days if they are in town)

It is the reponsibility of both players of a match to coordinate the playing of said match.

Those players that do not have an official handicap are welcome to play, a handicap must be nominated by them prior to teh match in line with their ability. If a hustler is found within the ranks, I reserve the right to do something REALLY REALLY REALLY humiliating to them :)

Anything not clear let me know.

Matches (as drawn by match committee Bruce and Chappy over coffee)

Round 1
1. V205 vs F00re (v205 out)
2. Wools vs JohnLLL (Winner - Wools, 6 & 5)
3. Rodders vs AndiGold (Winner AndiGold 4 & 3)
4. IanO vs Whitey
5. Kev vs Benstone (Benstone out)
6. Shu vs Ozdevil (Winner - Shu 4 & 3)
7. JohnnyBoy vs Dr.Nick (Winner - Dr.Nick, 3 & 2)
8. Dennis vs FlowerGirl (Winner - Dennis, 5 & 4)
9. Chappy vs Jd_Frank (Reining Champion)
10. Bruce vs Jim (if Jim responds and wants to compete, otherwise Bruce wont bother) (Winner Jim 3 & 2)
11. Mint vs oncewasagolfer (Winner - Mint 7 & 6)
12. Kev vs f00re

Cutoffs
All first round matches must be completed before Monday the 5th of April. Both players of matches not completed by this date will be eliminated, no correspendence will be entered into.

Round 2 - Matches (as drawn by match committee Bruce and Chappy over coffee)

1. Kev vs F00re (Winner F00re - we moved this match to round 2)
2. Wools vs Chappy (Winner Wools by forfeit - I have condeded the match as neither of us can get a convenient time to get this match played)
3. Jim vs AndiGold (Winner Jim - 5 & 4)
4. Mint vs Shu (Winner Shu - 1up)
5. Dennis vs Dr.Nick (Dr.Nick has withdrawn due to injury, lucky loser from Rd 1 to be promoted)

Round 3/2.5 - Matches (as drawn by match committee Bruce and Chappy over coffee)

1. Dennis vs Wools (Dennis wins 3 and 2)
2. Shu vs F00re (Foore wins 1 up)
3. Jim vs Dennis

Matches to be completed by Sunday October the 3rd.

Round 4 - Match Final

1. F00re vs Jim

WINNER

Jim - Well done mate

Run and WON

Dennis
1st January 2010, 02:12 PM
Yep. I'm in

andigold
1st January 2010, 04:46 PM
Me too

AndyP
1st January 2010, 06:45 PM
Chappy, you are a sucker for punishment trying to organise this again.

Webster
1st January 2010, 07:05 PM
how does it work?

chappy1970
1st January 2010, 09:04 PM
Andy P you know it.

I must say I was pleased to see 2009 get done and dusted

Jack a cut off date is usually set for nominations.

After which a draw is done (usually by Bruce and myself as we work close by). The draw is published and opponents are left to organise their respective matches.

In the interest of trying to not wait until the last week of the year for the final, I think a deadline should be placed on each round of the matchplay. What are your collective thoughts

Dennis
2nd January 2010, 03:30 PM
just get it going...whatever the rules you decide will be fine

People will either get it done or they wont

kev
5th January 2010, 11:30 AM
Oh, ok. I'm in.

chappy1970
11th January 2010, 12:45 PM
OK numbers are looking a little lean, any more takers?

v205
11th January 2010, 01:56 PM
Not much different from a coin toss. :lol:

how does it work?

zigwah
11th January 2010, 01:57 PM
put me in again chappy

v205
11th January 2010, 01:58 PM
Count me in.. I think I need to adjust my hcap up though.

JohnLLL
11th January 2010, 04:09 PM
Sounds good, but because im new can you let me know what is involved? eg. How many rounds? what days are they played on? when is the first one? etc?

chappy1970
11th January 2010, 04:25 PM
JohnLLL
Once I have the list, I will do the draw with another Ozgolfer and publish it (for fairness). It is a knock out until we get down to the finalists.

Once the draw has been decided, it is up to you and your opponent to work out a suitable and convenient time/place to play the match. The format is handicap match play i.e. If you are off 18 and your opponent is off 15. He will play off scratch and give you a shot on the 3 hardest holes.

In an attempt to get the thing run and won (congrats to all last year for this), each round will have an expiry date of more than likely a couple of months after which a toss of the coin result is had.

If this is not clear or you want more info let me know.

Chappy

JohnLLL
11th January 2010, 04:36 PM
Thanks Chappy, I have just had a read through the 2009 thread. Im in.

jd_FRANK
11th January 2010, 11:27 PM
count me in

JohnLLL
11th January 2010, 11:52 PM
Thats 8 now. Surely there is more Victorians on this site!

Flowergirl
12th January 2010, 09:56 AM
Johnny Boy and I are starters - no problems. And you state the rules Chappy - your call.
Just don't give me Johhny Boy is the first round again. Still getting over the bruises from last year.:shock:

chappy1970
12th January 2010, 10:36 AM
JohnLL I have sent a PM to all the Victorian Ozgolfers that I know of on the site. It has been historically problematic getting confirmed starters for this event. It may be geography or just circumstances for some people.

If you are more convincing than myself, I encourage you to assist with garnering support.

I will let the invitation run for 1 more week after which the draw will be done.
Chappy

benstone
12th January 2010, 11:27 AM
I'm up for it as I want to get out to some more VIC courses this year.

drnick
12th January 2010, 11:47 AM
Bugger it I am up for it! Only issue I have is an incoming due mid March. So if I have to flake out of it due to that then massive sorry, but, um, yeah duty calls! ;) ;)

S

LarryLong
12th January 2010, 11:52 AM
I'll sign up, but it's quite probable that I'll pike and award the first round victory to my lucky opponent.

I figure that since I was one of the few losers to actually lose on a golf course last year I might give myself the opportunity to lose like a real Victorian this year.

JohnLLL
12th January 2010, 01:08 PM
JohnLL I have sent a PM to all the Victorian Ozgolfers that I know of on the site. It has been historically problematic getting confirmed starters for this event. It may be geography or just circumstances for some people.

If you are more convincing than myself, I encourage you to assist with garnering support.

I will let the invitation run for 1 more week after which the draw will be done.
Chappy

How do i send a PM to multiple recipients chappy?
I have a list, let me know if you have already tried to get in touch..
Falcon, boonie, rodders, FRaser, Shu, brett, Hawkers2008, jbhayman, bruce, callyFTi, f00re and Whitey.
I just went through the members list for recent posters from melbourne. Did you do the same?

chappy1970
12th January 2010, 01:56 PM
How do i send a PM to multiple recipients chappy?
I have a list, let me know if you have already tried to get in touch..
Falcon, boonie, rodders, FRaser, Shu, brett, Hawkers2008, jbhayman, bruce, callyFTi, f00re and Whitey.
I just went through the members list for recent posters from melbourne. Did you do the same?

John,
I have PM'd in no particular order
Flowergirl, LarryLong, V205, jd_frank, Jack, Brett, bruce, Dracz, Rodders, DrNick, Flusher, Fraser, Hawkers2008, IanO, jbhayman, your kind self, Oncewasagolfer, oldplayer, schwarty, f00re and Whitey. All acceptances have either been posted in this thread or PM'd to me and updated in teh first post.

I haven't contacted Shu, callyFTi, boonie or falcon. Having said that I contacted Boonie about this last year and time wasn't his friend and I don't believe his circumstances have changed. Falcon played a couple of years ago in this event, I think he is still playing his golf at Woodlands but I didn't contact him.

I'd be more than happy for you to contact Shu, callyFTi and falcon.

Idealy I'd like to have one big day when we can get a number of matches played and all particpants can get some $$$ towards the OZgolf POTY.

Chappy

rodders
12th January 2010, 02:02 PM
Hey guys, sorry for the late reply.

I'm in subject to the date of course. Pretty sure I'll get Dracz along as well.

Just one thing. If a player does not hold a golflink handicap I take it a designated handicap can be agreed and given?

Cheers.

chappy1970
12th January 2010, 02:08 PM
Of course Rodders r.e. the handicap, obviously Bushrangers will be delt with very harshly though.

Regarding the date, once the draw is done there will be end dates for each round but the scheduling of the actual match with your opponent will be entirely up to you and them.

Review the Vic Matchplay for 2009 thread if you want to get an idea of how it plays out.

Chappy

f00re
12th January 2010, 02:09 PM
Hi guys, I would love to play but, I don't have a handicap.

rodders
12th January 2010, 02:13 PM
Thanks Chappy. I'm a member of both Spring Valley and Gisborne if that helps in planning some games.

JohnLLL
12th January 2010, 02:14 PM
No worries, Ill get in touch.
I like the idea of all (most) playing on one day..looks as if its easier said than done though!

chappy1970
12th January 2010, 02:27 PM
Yes JohnLX3 it is, however we have a few players who are members of the same club i.e. Dennis, jd_frank and myself are at Southern

AndiG and Rodders are at Spring Valley.

I think we have a few others and I'm sure that we can get 3 or 4 groups through on a Sunday afternoon at some of the private courses.

Chappy

Wools
12th January 2010, 02:33 PM
I'd be interested in playing, time permitting as we are expecting a new arrival in Feb.
Cheers, Rich

JohnLLL
12th January 2010, 02:36 PM
Falcon and Shu have now been notified :)
Looks as if there is a few on board.
Im keen for a round on one of the sandbelt courses seeing as i havent played one yet.

Wools
12th January 2010, 03:03 PM
Oh and I'm a member at Keysborough so could look into playing here, or Spring Valley and Southern would be good for me.

Toolish
12th January 2010, 03:10 PM

Chappy

Geez you beat a guy once in a match and suddenly you are no longer a Victorian...where was my PM!!

That said, there is no way I can enter this thing!

shu
12th January 2010, 03:11 PM
alright count me in...but I'm not a member of any course and my handicap has been lapsed

chappy1970
12th January 2010, 03:15 PM
shu you're in and Toolish I just sent you a PM apolising. Sorry mate.

Are you interested in taking on one the country guys, if there is any close to you that is.

shu
12th January 2010, 03:20 PM
I live in the CBD so preferably not more than 1.5 hours drive from there.

chappy1970
12th January 2010, 03:23 PM
All please refer to sticky post for details regarding venue's, format etc.

Chappy (Matchplay Nazi)

JohnLLL
12th January 2010, 03:37 PM
Nice, there is double the players than last year! (double the problems??):shock:
:)
Edit: That all sounds good and clear Chappy. Lets hope this will go smoothly!

drnick
12th January 2010, 03:51 PM
Bugger it I am up for it! Only issue I have is an incoming due mid March. So if I have to flake out of it due to that then massive sorry, but, um, yeah duty calls! ;) ;)

S

Just quoting myself as I am not listed! ;) ;)

S

Toolish
12th January 2010, 04:02 PM
shu you're in and Toolish I just sent you a PM apolising. Sorry mate.

Are you interested in taking on one the country guys, if there is any close to you that is.

If a match can be sorted somewhere nearby (within a couple of hours drive) then i would be interested. Not sure exactly who lives where but a trip to Murray Downs appeals at the moment.

Bruce
12th January 2010, 04:14 PM
If a match can be sorted somewhere nearby (within a couple of hours drive) then i would be interested. Not sure exactly who lives where but a trip to Murray Downs appeals at the moment.

But what if you pull your normal matchplay form and shoot a net 66 and win? You need to plan for up to 4 matches at Murray Downs (or further afield).

chappy1970
12th January 2010, 04:18 PM
Sorry Sean, your in. Great response so far

drnick
12th January 2010, 04:30 PM
Cheers Chappy!

S

whitey
12th January 2010, 07:03 PM
would love to play im a flinders member

JohnLLL
12th January 2010, 07:42 PM
would love to play im a flinders member
Nice one whitey. If you can deal with playing with a fair chopper, id love to join in if you play a match round there. I haven't had the chance to have a hit at flinders yet.

f00re
12th January 2010, 08:46 PM
Flinders is on the top of my list on clubs I would like to join. Love the views. I went for a drive through a few weeks ago. Seems they are doing a fair bit of work.

Dennis
12th January 2010, 08:58 PM
Ok Chapstick,

When can we kick this thing off?

Now we have passed 16 players, we probably need 32 to make a draw work, or just close it at 16.

We should kick out "Swing by Willow" as he will tear us all a new one with his new found form

LarryLong
12th January 2010, 09:05 PM
I'll sign up, but it's quite probable that I'll pike and award the first round victory to my lucky opponent.

I figure that since I was one of the few losers to actually lose on a golf course last year I might give myself the opportunity to lose like a real Victorian this year.

*cough cough*

However, if you're looking to close it at 16 I'll sit it out and troll this thread relentlessly to make sure I at least contribute something.

chappy1970
12th January 2010, 09:32 PM
Dennis the draw will eb done after teh 15th.

Larry if you are having second thoughts (or anyone for that matter) speak up now. Don't worry about the numbers I will sort out the draw regaerdless of the numbers.

Chappy

Toolish
13th January 2010, 08:22 AM
But what if you pull your normal matchplay form and shoot a net 66 and win? You need to plan for up to 4 matches at Murray Downs (or further afield).

I was hoping for something like nett 66, heads, tails, heads...hold the trophy aloft!

Seriously there is really no point me entering as much as I would love to. Instead I will just keep sledging all about how I am undefeated...went out on top like a true champion.

drnick
13th January 2010, 09:22 AM
If people are interested in making a little trek out east my local is always an option. Yallourn that is, ~1.5 hours east of Melb CBD.

S

Jim
14th January 2010, 12:42 AM
JohnLL I have sent a PM to all the Victorian Ozgolfers that I know of on the site.
Chappy

Jeez, I can't believe you forgot me.

ozdevil
14th January 2010, 06:34 AM
Would be interested in playing in the matchplay

I am a member at both eynesbury and Werribee park golf clubs..

also willing to travel if necessary depending on distances

chappy1970
14th January 2010, 08:34 AM
Originally Posted by chappy1970 http://www.ozgolf.net/forums/images/ozgolf/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.ozgolf.net/forums/showthread.php?p=424681#post424681)
JohnLL I have sent a PM to all the Victorian Ozgolfers that I know of on the site.
Chappy

Jeez, I can't believe you forgot me.

Sorry Jim, I took the list from the Members List section and included those long term Vic members as well as those who included Melbourne or Victoria in their profile.

Are you in?

Chappy

JohnLLL
14th January 2010, 08:41 AM
It would definately be a whole lot easier if people put their location in their profiles.

chappy1970
14th January 2010, 09:16 AM
One more day for noms, I will get the draw done with Bruce or Kev next week

Flowergirl
14th January 2010, 02:45 PM
Awesome!!!
Hey - there looks like there are a few more Mornington Peninsula Ozgolfers on board now. We should get a match happening down here.
Flinders is an awesome course. Or we could have a hit at my home course Rosebud Park Public. Fantastic course with the best views ever!!
Any interest in a game there. We also have great bbq facilities. Could be a nice day out for us all.

Doing a great job there Chappy.:smt038

f00re
14th January 2010, 03:00 PM
Awesome!!!
Hey - there looks like there are a few more Mornington Peninsula Ozgolfers on board now. We should get a match happening down here.
Flinders is an awesome course. Or we could have a hit at my home course Rosebud Park Public. Fantastic course with the best views ever!!
Any interest in a game there. We also have great bbq facilities. Could be a nice day out for us all.

+1 I am all for that:)

JohnLLL
14th January 2010, 03:50 PM
Awesome!!!

+2 for this one. Even if i dont get drawn with a penninsulite ill be a part of this. Flinders or Rosebud public or both!

Flowergirl
14th January 2010, 04:31 PM
Awesome!!!
I will make a new thread.
Build it and they will come!!!

chappy1970
18th January 2010, 09:30 AM
Any more?

chappy1970
18th January 2010, 03:31 PM
OK draw is done, refer Post # 1 sticky at the top of the page for matches and all those competing without handicaps be realistic or prepare for some stick.

Any questions for myself or the match committee let me know.

Chappy

Bruce
18th January 2010, 03:43 PM
I will name myself as the match committee as I am currently not on the playing list.

There are 10 weekends between now and the cutoff date. Use them to get a game done. Any match without a declared result on the cutoff Monday and both of you are out.

If your opponent goes missing from the forum for large periods (it happens) then let us know and we will consider a walkover based on posting and logon records - especially for the month of March. No guarantees though.

drnick
18th January 2010, 03:44 PM
Okay, cheers Chappy, Bruce, crew!

Now to sort out my first round, as I need to get it out of the way pre bubs!

S

Jim
18th January 2010, 07:21 PM
Possible match 10. Bruce vs Jim (if Jim responds and wants to compete, otherwise Bruce wont bother)

I'd be happy to have a crack with Bruce, especialy since I've just applied for a couple of weeks off.

I'll just need to try and make the match last long enough to put some pressure on his putting.

zigwah
18th January 2010, 07:26 PM
who the hell is whitey?

JohnLLL
18th January 2010, 07:26 PM
I joined up at my club yesterday so in 2 or 3 weeks I will have my official handicap.
Woot!:)

rodders
18th January 2010, 07:34 PM
who the hell is whitey?

Used to play tour but hear he's blown out to +3..... goodluck!

zigwah
18th January 2010, 07:42 PM
lol thats why we have handicaps

chappy1970
18th January 2010, 08:44 PM
Love it Rodders, you can take him Ziggy.

And Jim your up, Bruce is ready to go

whitey
19th January 2010, 01:59 PM
yeah ziggy 16 shots your getting im going to start getting my handicap up

zigwah
19th January 2010, 02:08 PM
Have you ever played shepparton whitey?

whitey
19th January 2010, 02:53 PM
never played there zig but looks good on there web site

Flowergirl
19th January 2010, 03:14 PM
Dennis - I hope you behave yourself!!!:shock:
PM sent

chappy1970
19th January 2010, 03:25 PM
JD_Frank I know you're the reigning champ but bring it on Big Boy...Talk is cheap and I should know

JohnLLL
19th January 2010, 04:00 PM
Ive Got holidays in Feb so Im gonna be practicing!

ozdevil
19th January 2010, 09:03 PM
cool Cant wait to play this event, i am nervous as all hell as this will be the first time i have met someone to play golf with on the net as well as being an inexperienced golfer and with only a handful of comp games played and only taking the sport up in the last 6 months. i hope to gain good experience from this as well as having some fun and to enjoy meeting another golfer..

good luck to all I hope you are all looking forward to this as much as i am.. only if i play just the 1 round and do reasonably well i will be happy

let the fun and games begin

zigwah
19th January 2010, 09:37 PM
never played there zig but looks good on there web site

If you can make it down here whitey for our match that would be great.

JohnLLL
20th January 2010, 10:14 AM
cool Cant wait to play this event, i am nervous as all hell as this will be the first time i have met someone to play golf with on the net as well as being an inexperienced golfer and with only a handful of comp games played and only taking the sport up in the last 6 months. i hope to gain good experience from this as well as having some fun and to enjoy meeting another golfer..

good luck to all I hope you are all looking forward to this as much as i am.. only if i play just the 1 round and do reasonably well i will be happy

let the fun and games begin

Good post Oz. Im the same. A bit nervous because, like you, I haven't done anything like this before. I cant wait to get started.
It looks like Wools and myself will be battling at Flinders GC in early Feb.:smt038

AndyP
20th January 2010, 10:03 PM
Only 2% of people you meet from the internet are axe murderers.

LarryLong
21st January 2010, 07:31 AM
Unless you met them on www.OzAxeMurderer.net, in which case the odds jump dramatically.

chappy1970
21st January 2010, 08:59 AM
Larry are you sure that you don't want to play in the Match play Larry I need 1 more

Dennis
21st January 2010, 09:42 AM
Dennis - I hope you behave yourself!!!:shock:
PM sent

Behive....yummm

I'll be fine. A true gentleman.

Unless of course you are the female alias of sms in which case I will [insert unsociable response here]

chappy1970
21st January 2010, 12:44 PM
Does this mean that the first match will be played at Rosebud b/w FG and Dennis.

Dennis be warned, Rennie is a very cagey customer and experienced Ozgolfer.

Chappy

JohnLLL
21st January 2010, 01:20 PM
Im waiting to hear from Wools about playing Flinders not this weekend but next.

LarryLong
21st January 2010, 02:14 PM
Larry are you sure that you don't want to play in the Match play Larry I need 1 more

Here I was thinking I was being excluded for being honest while all the other serial pikers kept their options open for a few months. :razz:

Yeah, count me in.

If you're in the business of rigging the draw, I'm your ideal first round match-up Chappy. Haven't played in 8 months now, and I'm too honest to give myself an outrageous handicap.

Dennis
21st January 2010, 02:27 PM
Does this mean that the first match will be played at Rosebud b/w FG and Dennis.

Dennis be warned, Rennie is a very cagey customer and experienced Ozgolfer.

Chappy

Venue still TBA but this match will happen sooner rather than later

chappy1970
21st January 2010, 02:35 PM
Lazza, you will be playing oncewasagolfer (Rob). No rigging of the draw..good luck to you both.

I'll update the draw

whitey
21st January 2010, 02:52 PM
yeah zig would love to play shep give me some dates u would like to play so we can organize it would be a big drive for me though have to plan it with the other half 3.5 hr drive

Flowergirl
21st January 2010, 03:29 PM
Behive....yummm

I'll be fine. A true gentleman.

Unless of course you are the female alias of sms in which case I will [insert unsociable response here]

Well after pigging out at Xmas I'm gettting as big - but not as nasty.;)
So - how many shots do I get. I'm off 15. But I warn you that the rules state that if you host the game on your home track I get an extra 4.:mrgreen:

Dennis
21st January 2010, 03:45 PM
So - how many shots do I get. I'm off 15. But I warn you that the rules state that if you host the game on your home track I get an extra 4.:mrgreen:

Ha..I'm off 12 (playing to 36)

Fellow competitors. Our match is likely to be played this Monday in the late afternoon at Southern. Would another match like to join us?

zigwah
21st January 2010, 06:11 PM
yeah zig would love to play shep give me some dates u would like to play so we can organize it would be a big drive for me though have to plan it with the other half 3.5 hr drive

Great!!

Tuesdays, Saturdays and Sunday are good for me mate and whatever times suit you

oncewasagolfer
22nd January 2010, 10:27 AM
thanks chappy. Larry looking forward to our match hopefully you can make it up to ballarat.

Flowergirl
23rd January 2010, 09:11 AM
Ha..I'm off 12 (playing to 36)

Fellow competitors. Our match is likely to be played this Monday in the late afternoon at Southern. Would another match like to join us?

Do we have a time for this as yet?

Flowergirl
23rd January 2010, 09:13 AM
Johnny Boy and Drnick are playing their match at Warragul on Tuesday.

Dennis and Flowergirl are playing their match on Monday at Southern.

At least we will get two first round matches played.:smt038

JohnLLL
23rd January 2010, 09:58 AM
Myself and Wools are playing Flinders January 31st :smt109 so thats 3 matches organised!
Just got to book the tee time and we are off.

Flowergirl
23rd January 2010, 10:35 AM
Myself and Wools are playing Flinders January 21st :smt109 so thats 3 matches organised!
Just got to book the tee time and we are off.

So who won? ( check date);)

JohnLLL
23rd January 2010, 04:43 PM
So who won? ( check date);)
Ha good pick up. 31st is the date! :lol:

Dennis
24th January 2010, 11:10 AM
Question for the Rules Officials:

In a mixed match play event, Is the handicap difference still what you use or is it ammended in any way

Eg

Dennis 12
Flowergirl 15
Diff = 3

Also, if a hole is par 4 for men and par 5 for women, is it still the gross shots that count? Any ammendments taken into account for the par differences in that the hole is set up fundementally different?

LarryLong
24th January 2010, 11:56 AM
I think you have to wear a skirt and play off the ladies' tees Dennis. :)

AndyP
24th January 2010, 07:03 PM
I'm pretty sure this has been discussed in Qld matchplay threads for Shazzie's matches. I couldn't be bothered remembering, but if you can get Blakey into this thread I'm sure he'll sort it out.

Flowergirl
25th January 2010, 08:53 AM
In the past whenever I have played matchplay against the men and it is a hole when it is a men par 4 /women par 5 - we compare our score according to the par for the hole. e.g. - my 5 will equal your 4.
Chappy and I have played before at Southen and that's what we did.
Also our second at my home course is the same situation.

See ya this arvo.:mrgreen:

sms316
25th January 2010, 08:57 AM
:shock:

Here I was, thinking Reenie was all pure and innocent. Now the evil inner-Reenie has surfaced.

Flowergirl
25th January 2010, 09:04 AM
:shock:

Here I was, thinking Reenie was all pure and innocent. Now the evil inner-Reenie has surfaced.

Took you a while to find this comment. Only joking - you know I love you really. No - really.:smt060

Flowergirl
25th January 2010, 09:05 AM
I think you have to wear a skirt and play off the ladies' tees Dennis. :)

Mmmmm - another "skirt" comment. Watch it Larry - ask V205 how scarry I can get.:evil:;)

sms316
25th January 2010, 09:06 AM
Took you a while to find this comment. Only joking - you know I love you really. No - really.:smt060

You are forgiven. I was almost going to cheer for your opposition this afternoon.

LarryLong
25th January 2010, 09:11 AM
Mmmmm - another "skirt" comment. Watch it Larry - ask V205 how scarry I can get.:evil:;)
I doubt if I'll ever make it into the second round of any matchplay tournament, so I've got nothing to fear. :)

My experience of playing a number of sports against my wife tells me that you let the ladies make up the rules and leave it at that.

chappy1970
25th January 2010, 09:46 AM
Yes Rennie Iw as about to post the same thing r.e. our match.

Good luck this afternoon..

andigold
25th January 2010, 10:27 AM
In the past whenever I have played matchplay against the men and it is a hole when it is a men par 4 /women par 5 - we compare our score according to the par for the hole. e.g. - my 5 will equal your 4.
Chappy and I have played before at Southen and that's what we did.
Also our second at my home course is the same situation.

See ya this arvo.:mrgreen:

That didn't sound right to me Rennie so I had a look online and found the following decision (http://www.usga.org/Rule-Books/Handicap-System-Manual/Decision-09/) at the USGA's website

9-4a/3. Result of a Hole if Men's and Women's Par is Different
Q: In a match-play competition, one hole is par four for men and par five for women. In a match between a man and a woman, if both score par, what is the result of the hole?
A: Par is irrelevant. The player who completes the hole in fewer strokes wins the hole.

AndyP
25th January 2010, 10:42 AM
Does it talk about adjusting handicaps beforehand then for different overall pars or course ratings? If not, perhaps it's a given because they only work out handicaps for a round based on the course.

Grunt
25th January 2010, 10:45 AM
When I played a match against Amanda we just used the par scores. Seemed to work fine.

andigold
25th January 2010, 11:10 AM
Does it talk about adjusting handicaps beforehand then for different overall pars or course ratings? If not, perhaps it's a given because they only work out handicaps for a round based on the course.

You're right Andy, the womens handicap is adjusted before play, cut from here (http://images.miclub.com.au/upload/waga/wysiwyg/portal.rules/Men%20and%20Women%20-%20Same%20Competition.pdf).

The adjustment formula is as follows: Women’s Competition Handicap = Women’s Australian Handicap + (AWCR – AMCR)

MATCH PLAY

The above formula applies equally to match play as well as stroke play competitions.
For match play it is recommended that the Match Index appropriate to either the men’s course or women’s
course is used for both genders. This should have minimal overall effect for two reasons:
1. Players rarely play their best (or worst) golf on the holes where they get a shot.
2. When players don’t get a shot where they should it means they do get a shot where they shouldn’t.
NB If the pars of a hole are different for men and women (eg one hole is par 4 for men and par 5 for women), the player who completes the hole in fewer strokes wins the hole. Par is irrelevant, however a Committee should take this into consideration when setting up the course for match play. For example, players would tee off their respective tees, however if there was a hole where the men’s and women’s tees were positioned in a similar position, and the hole was a par 4 for men and par 5 for women, it would be reasonable for the Committee to move the women’s tees forward and for it to be played as a par 4.

Dennis
25th January 2010, 11:43 AM
So now what....just give Flowergirl 3 shots according to the mens index?

andigold
25th January 2010, 12:07 PM
No her handicp will be 15 + the AWCR (74) minus the AMCR (72) = 17. Difference is then 5 shots.

Note that I am guessing the AWCR & AMCR, just insert the actuals.

Flowergirl
25th January 2010, 12:12 PM
Sounds good to me!!!:mrgreen:

drnick
25th January 2010, 01:13 PM
I am getting ready to get cained by Johnnyboy tomorrow if my form on Saturday was anything to go by!!! ;)

S

Flowergirl
25th January 2010, 01:44 PM
I am getting ready to get cained by Johnnyboy tomorrow if my form on Saturday was anything to go by!!! ;)

S

John hasn't played a lot of matchplay either. Pay me enough and I will tell you his weaknesses.:mrgreen:
Does your mate tomoorow want to play matchplay against me? I sure could do with the practise for pennant next month.
See you at Warragul.;)

drnick
25th January 2010, 02:08 PM
I have never played matchplay before! It is their mid week comp as well tomorrow, can we play that as well? In that say it is stableford we play that and can score our match play as well then?

I did not get a 4th as it seems my mates are slack on public holidays!!

So if anyone is interested in a round on here maybe they can jump in then?

Cheers

S

Dennis
25th January 2010, 06:56 PM
Well, the first match is done and dusted

Thanks to Flowergirl for making the hike up the Peninsula to the premier sandbelt course in Southern (which is looking a treat)

We started on the 10th, and I had to give her 5 shots and she started like a house on fire, winning the first and all set to win the second until she found the greenside bunker. ....and that my friends was the difference. The bunkers killed her chances.

4 up at the turn and a 5 and 4 victory

Thanks again to FG for a great round and some fun chat

Next!

Jarro
25th January 2010, 06:58 PM
Bad luck Reenie :( Looks like you know now what you have to practice ;)

Nice win Dennis

Flowergirl
25th January 2010, 08:55 PM
Thanks for hosting today Dennis. He was a perfect gentleman- the course was perfect - the weather was perfect - and I played like a perfect idiot!!!!!!
My bunker play was embrassing:oops: - you think that I would have known better and avoided them in the first place - but I stuffed up the first few goes and that my friends was that!!!
Dennis played some great shots and it was a pleasure to play with him. Just wish I hadn't played like such a "skirt":smt013

Dennis
25th January 2010, 11:09 PM
You played fine....except for when in the sand

JohnLLL
26th January 2010, 03:37 AM
And the ball is rolling!! one first match down..10 to go!

drnick
26th January 2010, 03:12 PM
Afternoon all!!!!

First of all I would like to extend the biggest thank you to JohnnyBoy and Flowergirl for making the long trek out to Warragul so I could play closer to home incase of baby stuff. Having not played the course before made it even ground!

The golfing was so, so by both myself and John. John loved the trees for the first three holes which made it a little hard on the score card side of things. It took till the 8th (or 9th) before we finished a hole square! After about 8 holes my driver became a SW and I skyed soo many drives, rather embarrassing. Esp as my boss was in the group behind us and he kept seeing me do it!!!

At the end of the day I won 3 & 2. John did very well after those first 3 holes as the score stayed around the same till the end.

Was a nice walk, with some nice people. Thanks again Reenie and John for the hit and the traveling you did for this to be possible. Hope we get that hit in later in the year!

Cheers

Sean

chappy1970
27th January 2010, 01:33 PM
Matches updated, congrats to those that have won and commiserations to those that didn't quite get there.

Keep the results rolling in people.

It is my wish that we can organise a large contingent of Vic players to meet and play at least 3 times a year, with the first time being prior to the end of March. I understand the difficulty of that wish as I as much as anyone may struggle, but I will do my level best to get there. As well as getting these matches played, these events are more so that those that are newer members can meet some of the long term members such as FG, Bruce, myself, Kev and others.

Chappy

JohnLLL
27th January 2010, 07:32 PM
It is my wish that we can organise a large contingent of Vic players to meet and play at least 3 times a year, with the first time being prior to the end of March. I understand the difficulty of that wish as I as much as anyone may struggle, but I will do my level best to get there. As well as getting these matches played, these events are more so that those that are newer members can meet some of the long term members such as FG, Bruce, myself, Kev and others.

Chappy

I like this idea. Im up for golf almost anytime:)

*added bit* In regards to my match on Sunday against Wools..I probably wont get my third handicapping round in. I might be able to play Saturday comp but Im not sure.
My two cards so far indicate that my handicap will be 24-25. Is that cool if i use that number?

chappy1970
28th January 2010, 10:15 AM
John we rely heavily on the honesty system with those Ozgolfers that don't have a Golflink handicap. If you beleive that the 24-25 handicap accurately reflects your ability then use that.

If you flog your opponent and he has played well, then we will call in the heavies :)

I'm sure you will be fine.

Chappy

JohnLLL
28th January 2010, 11:03 AM
John we rely heavily on the honesty system with those Ozgolfers that don't have a Golflink handicap. If you beleive that the 24-25 handicap accurately reflects your ability then use that.

If you flog your opponent and he has played well, then we will call in the heavies :)

I'm sure you will be fine.

Chappy

All good. Im playing my last HC round on Saturday so ill be all Handicapped up and ready to roll:smt038

JohnLLL
31st January 2010, 06:07 PM
Today the match between Wools and myself was played and I got thrashed!:lol:
Wools was 6 holes up with 5 to play. Not sure how that scores (eg. 3 to 2)?
It was a good day out at Flinders GC. It Really hot and really windy which made it pretty tough out there.
Wools played a good game and I cant say the same for my self haha.
fo0re also came out for a round and he shot a very respectable 90 after losing 4 brand new vision balls in the first 5 holes:oops:
Anyways, thanks Rich and Shane for a good day out. I look forward to more in the future.

AndyP
31st January 2010, 06:22 PM
Nice win, Wools.

JLLL, was foore looking splendid in a new golf outfit after receiving many donations from OZgolfers?

f00re
31st January 2010, 08:25 PM
I must admit John, after looking through my scorecard on the iphone. I realised I missed a Hole!!
So it was in fact a 95. I thought 90 is too good for having 2 quadruple bogeys!!
It was a great day with 2 great guys. although I am still recovering from heatstroke!
well catch up maybe on a fri night at the devil.

ha nice one Andy,
Should get the order done very soon. Just waiting on a few more payments for the northern shipment :)

Wools
2nd February 2010, 03:31 PM
Thanks for a really enjoyable round JohnLLL and f00re. It was stupidly windy and hot and I got lucky with a few shots. Not least the 244m short par 4 first hole where I thought I'd play safe and put a 5i on the fairway rather than try putting a 3 wood on the green, the wind got hold of it and I ended up only a couple of feet from the putting surface!! I think with the 3 wood I would have ended up in the ocean.

AndyP, f00re didn't stand out as having splashed out on a new outfit. How's does one go about getting donations from OzGolfers? :wink:

JohnLLL
6th February 2010, 08:12 PM
Any other matches been orgainised?

chappy1970
7th February 2010, 09:17 AM
I am scheduled to play with JD_Frank, he used to be a member of the same course that I am but has left due to the distance he had to drive and the limited time he got to play. We have tentatively schedule the match for late Feb

rodders
7th February 2010, 10:41 AM
AndiG, did you receive my pm some weeks ago? Happy to have a go at getting this done in the next week or two if you're available.

andigold
7th February 2010, 11:39 AM
Yeah I did Rodders, It's been a hectic time for me at the moment though. I have games scheduled for 14th & 21st Feb but the 28th might be OK, I won't know for sure until a bit closer.

rodders
7th February 2010, 12:57 PM
Cheers AndiG. I'm not certain but I think the 28th may be the second round of our club champs. Actually, that may be the Sat champs are on so I should be good. Just let me know, no rush.

Flowergirl
8th February 2010, 09:37 PM
Cheers AndiG. I'm not certain but I think the 28th may be the second round of our club champs. Actually, that may be the Sat champs are on so I should be good. Just let me know, no rush.

Are you free to play at Rosebud Park on Feb 21st? ( see thread) Andigold is down to play so it may be a good chance to play. Good to see more Ozgolfers come down and play on my great home track.

rodders
8th February 2010, 09:59 PM
Are you free to play at Rosebud Park on Feb 21st? ( see thread) Andigold is down to play so it may be a good chance to play. Good to see more Ozgolfers come down and play on my great home track.

Thanks Flowergirl for the invite. Sounds like a great day you have planned. Unfortunately have a wedding (on a bloody Sunday!!!- apparently it's cheap).

Enjoy your day and don't give Andigold any tips before I get to play him!

zigwah
21st February 2010, 12:02 AM
Hey Chappy in melb on the 10 march a wednesday, any chance whitey and i could get our match played at southern??

Dennis
21st February 2010, 08:16 AM
Hey Chappy in melb on the 10 march a wednesday, any chance whitey and i could get our match played at southern??

Do it Chappy

It will be a 7 and 6 victory

chappy1970
22nd February 2010, 10:06 AM
Dennis, it's not my match it's Ziggy's and Whitey's.

Sorry Ziggy I'll struggle to get the day off, maybe Dennis could host you at Southern?

mint
22nd February 2010, 11:15 AM
I am up for it if there is someone I could play against ?

chappy1970
23rd February 2010, 12:04 PM
Sorry Mint, the draw has been done and some of the 1st round matches have been played.

Next year buddy

zigwah
23rd February 2010, 05:11 PM
Dennis? :)

mint
23rd February 2010, 08:04 PM
Sorry Mint, the draw has been done and some of the 1st round matches have been played.

Next year buddy

no dramas chappy.

will be in it for sure next year!!

LarryLong
23rd February 2010, 08:16 PM
I'd be happy for mint to take over my spot in the draw if he's keen. Still finding it difficult to find time for golf and I don't want to leave owag hanging.

mint
23rd February 2010, 09:37 PM
i would be happy to larry but only if you cant make it.

dont want to step on anyones toes ...

Dennis
24th February 2010, 08:48 AM
Dennis? :)

Sorry Z-man,

It's my 2nd day back at work after an enforced holiday due to the recent birth of our 3rd child

zigwah
24th February 2010, 08:52 AM
ok thanx for the reply

chappy1970
24th February 2010, 08:55 AM
OK Larry, if you're OK to drop out Mint can take your spot.
Let me know so I can adjust the draw

Chappy

LarryLong
24th February 2010, 09:13 AM
Done deal.

If mint wins I want half the prizemoney and a merit bar. :)

chappy1970
24th February 2010, 09:40 AM
OK Mint your in. You're playing Rob (Oncewasagolfer), he lives in the bush so it's up to you 2 to get teh match played

whitey
24th February 2010, 02:46 PM
hey ziggy i have reciprocal rights to keysborough and its not that far from southern and im off on the 10 off march

zigwah
24th February 2010, 02:55 PM
Done, how much is a round there? i should be able to make it by 10

chappy1970
24th February 2010, 03:49 PM
Ziggy you'll enjoy Keysy, it's a nice track

chappy1970
2nd March 2010, 02:06 PM
People we are in the month of March (all 1st rd matches to be played by the end of March as per 1st post) and there are still a number of outstanding matches and I mean outstanding not OUTSTANDING.

I am trying to organise JD's and my match for Sunday the 14th at Southern. I might organise a group regardless, any interest let me know and I will post a 1st tee thread.

Chappy

whitey
2nd March 2010, 09:40 PM
hey chappy do i get a bye 1st rnd since zigs been rsoled

AndyP
2nd March 2010, 09:44 PM
Send him a PM on ISG. Oh wait.....

Yossarian
2nd March 2010, 09:53 PM
Sniper!

chappy1970
3rd March 2010, 09:36 AM
Whitey that may be the case however IanO mentioned that he would like to play so I may ask him if he would like to fill the gap left by Ziggy.

I have booked 2 groups for Sunday week at Southern, get on board.

whitey
3rd March 2010, 04:47 PM
would have been great to join you but am working that day bummer

Dennis
3rd March 2010, 05:45 PM
Chappy,

Just got off the course today...best condition it has ever been in.

enjoy people!

f00re
3rd March 2010, 05:58 PM
People we are in the month of March (all 1st rd matches to be played by the end of March as per 1st post) and there are still a number of outstanding matches and I mean outstanding not OUTSTANDING.

Chappy

Hi Chappy,
is it 31st March or 5th April. You have 5th april down the page further.
cheers

chappy1970
3rd March 2010, 08:45 PM
Sorry Shayne your right

Bruce
7th March 2010, 09:19 PM
Jim wins 3 &2.

Considering how awfully I started this was a decent turnaround. I was 6 down after 6 holes and had 3 stableford points.

Well done Jim. He won it with a fine birdie on the 16th.

Dennis
7th March 2010, 10:30 PM
Would have lost the house on you "Swing by Willow"

So who had the sharper wit for the day?

Bruce
8th March 2010, 10:22 AM
I utterly chopped it for 6 holes.

The duels of wits was pretty even too.

Jim
8th March 2010, 10:52 AM
Jim wins 3 &2.

Considering how awfully I started this was a decent turnaround. I was 6 down after 6 holes and had 3 stableford points.

One point after 5 meant it was handy you hadn't used a shot. I thought I was stuffed giving you shots on 14,15 and 16 but managed to arse my first decent iron shots of the round into 14 and 16.

Most pleasing was having the course virtually to ourselves due to the weather warnings - then not seeing a drop of rain.

andigold
8th March 2010, 04:03 PM
Well rodders and I played our first round match at Spring Valley today and I won 4&3, I told him I'd be gentle with him in my description of the match but quite frankly I was awesome today. :)

I drove pretty well and putted well (for me) and finished with 36 points to rodders 23. After hitting the ball with my practice swing on the 2nd I wasn't sure it was going to be my day but things did improve. No great scoring highlights just a solid 18 points on each 9 with a wipe on the 4th.

Enjoyed the company, thanks Rod and better luck next year.

rodders
8th March 2010, 05:46 PM
Sad thing is that Andi was awesome today. Even with the practice swing hit (something I've never seen or heard of before) he still pantsed me.

Still good day out, great company and no hail stones.

Well done Andi.

Flowergirl
8th March 2010, 10:10 PM
:cry:Welcome to all the fellow first round losers!!!:cry:
The pain and humiliation goes away after a while.

Hey Dennis - I want to play you again. I've figured out my bunker woes now;)

Dennis
9th March 2010, 07:33 AM

No Problem

My Driver woes are back...should even it out a bit

How about we aim for Vic Matchplay 2011 ;)

I still have important lessons to give in 2010.

chappy1970
9th March 2010, 09:24 AM
OK, so 5 matches have been played so far with Wools, AndiG, Dr.Nick, Dennis and Jim getting the chocolates.

2 matches to be played this coming weekend b/w mint and OWG, and shu and ozedevil.

I was trying to organise my match with JD_frank for the same day but dave has been busy recently.

IanO has stepped into the breach to fill the spot left by Ziggy's departure, I have given them an additional week to play their match due to the late change of players.

Let's keep this going guys and gal.

Chappy

JohnLLL
12th March 2010, 08:51 PM

Ha yeah I wouldnt mind a rematch! I feel I wasnt 100% for my game!! :)
And it was too windy for my style of play :lol::roll:
Maybe next year aye!

chappy1970
15th March 2010, 09:12 AM
Well we had a great day, the golf didn't truely reflect the weather conditions or the course.

I am going to list the scores (of those who scored that is).

Vic Ozgolf Matches
Shu df Ozdevil 4 & 3

Mint df Oncewasagolfer 7& 6

Scratch match

Fatbastard df Dennis 3 & 2 (need to confirm this, but FB got the chochies)

The comp of the day was PAR, not my favorite but that's what it was.

Mint -2
fatbastard -4
Dennis -5
Chappy -8
oncewasagolfer -12 (Rob had a stinker but a big thanks for making the long trip from Maryborough)
fearsomekoala - no score, but hit some solid tee shots with the 3wd
ozdevil/shu - match only

Great day had by all and JD_frank you missed a massive opportunity to wipe the course with me yesterday, hopefully we can get this match played.

Chappy

oncewasagolfer
15th March 2010, 09:58 AM
Thanks chappy for a great day and was nice to put some faces fellow ozgolfers:) Well done Mint you were way to good for me on the day maybe next time;) The course was fantastic and thanks again to chappy for the opportunity to play it.

Dennis
15th March 2010, 10:32 AM
chappy, for the record, my match with fatty was just practice

chappy1970
15th March 2010, 10:41 AM
Yes Dennis I know that, but I thought the build up to the match warranted releasing the result

mint
15th March 2010, 11:29 AM
thanks mate. we will go around again some time. might even come up your way for a hit!

andigold
16th March 2010, 08:54 AM
Sounds like you guys had a ripper day at Southern, sorry I couldn't be there to a meet a few of you newer guys. Only 3 matches to go to finish the 1st round, WOW we look like being finished by June. :)

chappy1970
16th March 2010, 02:49 PM
I wish Andy, I have tried to organise the match with jd_frank a couple of times but he has been quite busy of late.

Not sure how the others are gong but everyone is fully aware of what happens after the cut off date (excluding Whitey and IanO who have an additional week to get their match payed)

fatbastard
20th March 2010, 06:02 PM
Well we had a great day, the golf didn't truely reflect the weather conditions or the course.

Scratch match

Fatbastard df Dennis 3 & 2 (need to confirm this, but FB got the chochies)

I ended up in hospital that night and I'm still there!!! Aaaarrrrgggghhhh!!!!

Flowergirl
22nd March 2010, 09:06 AM
FB - that's no good. Hope u r ok now. :)

chappy1970
26th March 2010, 02:20 PM
Any chance that the remaining matches are going to get played?

Bruce and I would prefer to have some sort of result rather than sorting out unplayed matches for the second round draw.

Chappy

kev
26th March 2010, 02:38 PM
PM'd Ben earlier today to find out about Easter Weekend. Still waiting to hear back from him.

f00re
26th March 2010, 07:18 PM
v205 has had trouble working golf into his schedule. Said he hasn't played for months. I would have loved to take part in the matchplay. Maybe kev and I can play instead if he has trouble getting his match done. Otherwise it looks like we are out.

chappy1970
27th March 2010, 09:18 AM
I have sought clarification regarding the status of a match when one party has tried several times to organise a match with an opponent with no luck. This could be due to any number of reasons; work commitments, personal commitments, etc.

When people signed up to compete in the 2010 Vic Matchplay event, they did so knowing that there was a minor level of commitment required, that being, to make yourselves available to play one match against your opponent in a 3 month period. There are still some matches outstanding.

If evidence can be provided that a number of attempts have been made by you to organise a match with your opponent and they have not been able to accommodate them then the match committee may consider a walkover result for the match.

Alternatively the opponent who has not been able to make them selves available my choose to concede their match. Either way, the second round draw will be done after 1st round cut over.

Please note: that I currently find myself in this position with JD_frank having a particularly busy work and personal schedule at the moment. He has offered to concede the match as he hasn't been available for any of the dates I have suggested. This is not my preference for a result, I have sought an independent view on this.

Chappy

Grunt
27th March 2010, 09:30 AM
Absolutely perfect Chappy

kev
27th March 2010, 04:49 PM
Quite happy to play f00re instead (I'm guessing Ben won't be contacting me).

f00re - Are you free over the Easter weekend - except for Monday.

f00re
27th March 2010, 08:06 PM
v205 conceeded the match via PM a few weeks ago.
Kev, I put my interest in for the easter with bruce thread for spring valley on friday, but havent heard anymore on it. maybe its just the two of them?
maybe Good friday would suit?

chappy1970
28th March 2010, 08:12 PM
Are we happy to consolidate 2 matches into one and have Kev and f00re play?

What is the general consensus?

This is a democracy after all, except of course when the match committee disagree :)

ozdevil
28th March 2010, 08:57 PM
I say let them go for it

chappy1970
29th March 2010, 08:54 AM
That's good enough for me, v205 and Benstone are out. Kev and f00re will play a round one match; hopefully over Easter.

Flowergirl
29th March 2010, 09:24 AM
I concur. :)

andigold
29th March 2010, 10:47 AM
v205 conceeded the match via PM a few weeks ago.
Kev, I put my interest in for the easter with bruce thread for spring valley on friday, but havent heard anymore on it. maybe its just the two of them?
maybe Good friday would suit?

Sorry f00re, I never saw that post (until just then when I went looking) and have booked the 4 out with a couple of mates.

Chappy, it all sounds god to me.

Flowergirl
29th March 2010, 10:55 AM
god[/B] to me.

I know he is good but he's not that good!!

andigold
29th March 2010, 12:36 PM
Whoooooops :oops:

f00re
29th March 2010, 05:57 PM
Sorry f00re, I never saw that post (until just then when I went looking) and have booked the 4 out with a couple of mates.

Chappy, it all sounds god to me.

Thats ok mate, I am sure we will find somewhere for friday.

v205
30th March 2010, 10:49 AM
Hi all, just wanted to confirm that I haven't been able to play with Foore due to my fault. Please let him progress on.

f00re
30th March 2010, 06:25 PM
Thanks V205.

Kev and I are booked for Friday at Ranfurlie. Looking forward to it, I have always enjoyed my golf there.

kev
30th March 2010, 06:25 PM
Okay, fOOre and I are playing Ranfurlie on Friday at 12:10pm. He's got no hope! ;)

Freaking heck - we posted at the same time...

f00re
30th March 2010, 06:27 PM
Ha posted at the same time.
I always hope:lol:

drnick
31st March 2010, 10:31 PM
Hey all!

I have been MIA for a little bit. :(

Had child #2 almost a month back which has kept me very busy, but a week before I buggered my knee again. Have had issues since 2001 with it, but finally managed to do it good enough to take me out for a bit! I'll chuck a post up about it in another section but anyways I am going to be out for a fair bit of time. So I am more than happy for JohnnyBoy to take my spot, Chappy's call tho.

Cheers all.

S

kev
2nd April 2010, 07:09 PM
Congrats to f00re for winning on a count back. I think both of us were trying to throw the game all day...

f00re
3rd April 2010, 11:06 AM
Thanks kev, it was an enjoyable game, we definately got our moneys worth ............:). I dream't I was drowning in sand last night.
For the record was the final score was 6-6 or 7-7?

kev
3rd April 2010, 11:13 AM
7-7, and don't mention raising the bat!

Flowergirl
3rd April 2010, 12:29 PM
Hey all!

I have been MIA for a little bit. :(

Had child #2 almost a month back which has kept me very busy, but a week before I buggered my knee again. Have had issues since 2001 with it, but finally managed to do it good enough to take me out for a bit! I'll chuck a post up about it in another section but anyways I am going to be out for a fair bit of time. So I am more than happy for JohnnyBoy to take my spot, Chappy's call tho.

Cheers all.

S

Good news about the baby. :) Bad news about the knee. :(

LarryLong
3rd April 2010, 02:42 PM
7-7, and don't mention raising the bat!

I think we need more details here. :)

kev
4th April 2010, 08:53 AM
I think we need more details here. :)

No you don't! ;)

It was windy - 'nuff said.

Dennis
9th April 2010, 07:24 PM
Ok

Wheres the round 2 draw????

chappy1970
12th April 2010, 03:13 PM
Will post this afternoon after the match committee have their coffee....errg I mean do the draw :)

chappy1970
12th April 2010, 05:12 PM
Round 2 matches posted in Sticky.

Any queries let me know

Jim
12th April 2010, 07:18 PM
When does round two need to be completed by? May take a while to find the courage to take on Ozgolfs biggest bushranger.

chappy1970
13th April 2010, 09:29 AM
Sorry Jim, 2nd round matches to be completed before Monday the 5th of July

drnick
13th April 2010, 11:36 AM
I am a no go with my round, booked in for the 12th of May for a knee reco. :( Have not golfed since Feb, prob out for the rest of the year at a min. :( :(

S

mint
13th April 2010, 12:44 PM
I'm coming for you SHU !!! haha

Dennis
13th April 2010, 05:39 PM
Who is this Dr Nick character?

If he can only beat Johnny boy 3&2, then this is surely a bye for me

drnick
14th April 2010, 07:41 AM
Me.

Fair enough then, you have the win anyways as I can not play due to the above.

S

Dennis
14th April 2010, 08:47 PM
Chappy

Is there a lucky loser from round 1 to take Dr Nicks place?

...or just a bye?

andigold
15th April 2010, 04:30 PM
When does round two need to be completed by? May take a while to find the courage to take on Ozgolfs biggest bushranger.

C'mon Jim, we both know you can't wait to be my biatch. :)

Dennis
16th April 2010, 08:59 AM

I'd like to see that

Happy play my match at the same time.....oh wait....

Jim
16th April 2010, 09:39 AM

Correct.

chappy1970
16th April 2010, 10:38 AM
Dennis I have posed the question to Bruce, I think a lucky looser should be promoted.

Do you have any issues with it?

Jim
16th April 2010, 09:22 PM
Dennis I have posed the question to Bruce, I think a lucky looser should be promoted.

Do you have any issues with it?

He should get to play me so I can beat him again.

IanO
19th April 2010, 11:41 AM
What happened to Whitey? Not his fault that someone pulled out and then he and I could not get a time worked out!

Dennis
19th April 2010, 07:36 PM
I only lost to you because Bruce can't putt from 3 feet

I want to take on Bruce to get revenge

Bruce
19th April 2010, 08:09 PM
A word from the committee.

DrNick won his match and earned promotion to the second round. He has until the deadline to play or forfeit. Who knows - he may feel better in a couple of weeks and be able to play. The draw was random and Dennis drew this match with him and possibly earned himself an easy ticket to the next round.

A lucky loser from the second round is likely unless there is an unreported match.

Ian and Whitey - sorry but the rules said report in a result by the due date or the competition would move on.

Good luck everyone in your allocated matches.

mint
19th April 2010, 09:49 PM
where are you hiding shu ??????

drnick
20th April 2010, 12:29 PM
Dennis - Take a walk over mate, I have no chance of getting up fit before the cut off. I will be happy if I get back on the course fully this year at all now!

Thanks

Sean

Dennis
20th April 2010, 08:21 PM
Sorry that you can't get up for the match Nick

drnick
21st April 2010, 07:36 AM
I know mate. Arrr well, I will be on my long road to recovery. Good luck with your next round then!

S

shu
22nd April 2010, 10:34 AM
where are you hiding shu ??????

i'm not telling you my hiding place

IanO
24th April 2010, 04:10 PM
A word from the committee.

Ian and Whitey - sorry but the rules said report in a result by the due date or the competition would move on.

No problem. Will have to make sure I get my name in early the next time :)

chappy1970
19th May 2010, 11:41 AM
Any update on Vic matches, I've PM'd Wools to organise a date but haven't heard back from him yet

chappy1970
20th May 2010, 02:05 PM
C'mon Wools I know your there, the forum says that you have been online in the last 24 hours. Lets get this match played

Wools
20th May 2010, 02:50 PM
Sorry Chappy, work and my 9 week old son are keeping me a little busy at the moment. I'm hoping to confirm Sun 30th, is it possible to play early? I take it Southern is your home track :-)

chappy1970
20th May 2010, 08:22 PM
Yes, but we can play where you like, it was purely a suggestion.

I think the earliest I can get a guest on is late morning, but i can confirm

mint
24th May 2010, 12:12 PM
Chappy I see you have changed your irons from those beautiful precepts.. how are the new ones holding up ?

chappy1970
24th May 2010, 01:39 PM
Got me runner up in the comp 2 weeks ago with 41 points, although I atribute the score to refined ball positioning and a small tinker with the body position at address

mint
25th May 2010, 05:03 PM
Im not sure if you have all seen it on the news or in the paper today but the rumors are true.. MINT VS SHU will be taking place
this Sat @ Eynesbury Golf Club...

Apparently there will be thousands in attendance and MILLLLLIONS watching around the world..

ozdevil
29th May 2010, 01:57 PM
well what a matchplay event it was at eynesbury with mint and shu

all i can say it was great watching these 2 magicians fight it out

i wont give it away who won but it was very close and went down to sudden death

cheers
OZ

Dennis
30th May 2010, 10:09 AM
Come on guys

Hurry up and finish these matches

Its getting lonely in the walkover club watching from the sidelines...

..plus with the new handicapping system, Im out to 14 :)

mint
30th May 2010, 11:06 AM
well let me start by saying that it was a pleasure playing with Shu and OZ yesterday in cold wet conditions..
we said it from the start after Shu won the first hole and I won the second that it would be a up and down event all day.
Shu was mr.consistent all day long and I unfortunately was just having one of those days when the swing is not great..

Shu in the hazard on 16 then a 30 foot butt on the downslope of the green on 17 and then a par on 18 saw the 3 up lead turn to
a playoff back to the 1st again..

Naturally I tried to belt the living suitcase out of the ball off the tee and Shu was just calm and consistent and made his par whilst i needed to chip in off the green
to save my chances... As the ball rolled toward the hole there was a second when i thought it was good but as the ball ran over the hole Shu smiled and we shook hands..

SHU WINS 1 UP IN A PLAYOFF..

Congratulations Shu, you are a gentleman in victory and a very well deserved win!

chappy1970
30th May 2010, 11:22 AM
Congrats Shu and bad luck Mint, sounds like it was a great day.

Hopefully Wools and I can get our act together shortly

Wools
30th May 2010, 02:07 PM
Should have played me this weekend Chappy as I had a woeful 28 points! :-)

ozdevil
30th May 2010, 07:33 PM
well wools dont feel bad there, today i only managed 19 points and the most of 19 points came on the back 9

rodders
30th May 2010, 07:37 PM
Got me runner up in the comp 2 weeks ago with 41 points, although I atribute the score to refined ball positioning and a small tinker with the body position at address

Great news Chappy....hope they keep serving you well!

shu
31st May 2010, 09:19 PM
it was a fantastic match...especially the final few holes and of course that unbelievable 30 foot downhill putt on the 17th which squared that hole

i must say i was fortunate that mint wasn't exactly on top of his game the first 9 but he certainly got it together on the back 9!

mint, thanks for the memorable match :)

thanks also to ozdevil for the invite to his home club

well let me start by saying that it was a pleasure playing with Shu and OZ yesterday in cold wet conditions..
we said it from the start after Shu won the first hole and I won the second that it would be a up and down event all day.
Shu was mr.consistent all day long and I unfortunately was just having one of those days when the swing is not great..

Shu in the hazard on 16 then a 30 foot butt on the downslope of the green on 17 and then a par on 18 saw the 3 up lead turn to
a playoff back to the 1st again..

Naturally I tried to belt the living suitcase out of the ball off the tee and Shu was just calm and consistent and made his par whilst i needed to chip in off the green
to save my chances... As the ball rolled toward the hole there was a second when i thought it was good but as the ball ran over the hole Shu smiled and we shook hands..

SHU WINS 1 UP IN A PLAYOFF..

Congratulations Shu, you are a gentleman in victory and a very well deserved win!