PDA

View Full Version : Who talks more during a round - Blake or Golfer69?

Fishman Dan
30th December 2009, 11:52 AM
I've now played with each of these astute gentlemen. One has a reputation for being a bit of a chatterbox.... largely brought about by the other.

For those who have had the honour to play with both, please vote - who is the biggest gibberer on course. Don't worry about content, think words per minute (or per hole) here.

poidda
30th December 2009, 11:59 AM
Do you count words you don't listen to?

Fishman Dan
30th December 2009, 12:04 PM
Do you count words you don't listen to?

Each and every ignored syllable.

Jarro
30th December 2009, 12:16 PM
Blake

Although Dick is a bloody chatterbox too :roll:

I'd hate to play in the same group with both of them !

Flowergirl
30th December 2009, 12:37 PM
I love them both:smt060

Eag's
30th December 2009, 01:00 PM
I have only played with Blake the once (lucky me ;)) but I don't remember how chatty he was. I have played with G69 a lot more and he does like a yarn so he gets my vote.

markTHEblake
30th December 2009, 01:25 PM
Wow, someone starts a thread with my name on it, that means I have really made it now.

That is better than getting named in someone elses signature, which is really just a sign that someone is 'owned' anyway.

One has a reputation for being a bit of a chatterbox.... largely brought about by the other.

Well that answers your question doesnt it.

Fishman Dan
30th December 2009, 01:29 PM
Jarro.. do you think that the science of "noise cancellation" was created with these 2 in mind? Do you think if they were in the same group they might actually cancel each other out?

Jarro
30th December 2009, 01:31 PM
Jarro.. do you think that the science of "noise cancellation" was created with these 2 in mind? Do you think if they were in the same group they might actually cancel each other out?

Most certainly, but i never intend to find out for myself.

PeteyD
30th December 2009, 01:32 PM
I don't find either of them that chatty. Have you met my daughter?

goughy
30th December 2009, 02:02 PM
I'd leave them both for dead! Heck, Faldo'd have been forced to talk to me if I was paired with him in his playing days!

Jarro
30th December 2009, 02:49 PM
jaybam's not short of a chinwag either :mrgreen:

just
30th December 2009, 03:04 PM
jc is a clear winner in these stakes.

Yossarian
30th December 2009, 03:07 PM

JC does talk a bit. So does tourfit.

I am a quite golfer. :wink:

Jarro
30th December 2009, 03:11 PM

Oh really ?

Bit of a blabbermouth is he :mrgreen:

Veefore
30th December 2009, 04:00 PM
NUFFIETHEGOLFMAN.

Even his nickname is loud and long. :)

adlo
30th December 2009, 04:56 PM
Yep, we have you boys covered.

I have had a hit with G69 and the Cwazy Canuck, and JC talked way more than 69. However, NUFFIE and TourFat talk way more than JC.

ParMaster
30th December 2009, 05:15 PM
Threadjackers. :roll:

I'm going to go with MTB, despite the fact I've never met the two (nor do I want to :twisted:).

:razz:

Minor_Threat
30th December 2009, 06:20 PM
Never played with them, but I doubt they talk more than Puppet..

Grunt
30th December 2009, 06:23 PM
Never played with them, but I doubt they talk more than Puppet..
Yesterday I am sure Pup was talking away about some golf hole he has played and there was no one with in 50m.:lol:

Jarro
30th December 2009, 06:33 PM
Yesterday I am sure Pup was talking away about some golf hole he has played and there was no one with in 50m.:lol:

You sure he's not your long-lost son Grunt ?

Grunt
30th December 2009, 06:35 PM
You sure he's not your long-lost son Grunt ?

Never!

Plus that would mean I would have lowered my standards 15 years ago and picked up a chick west of Anzac Parade. That would never happen!!

henno
30th December 2009, 06:55 PM
I don't mind a yap. Especially since one of the above nominees had this to say about me post-Champs:

and by the way, How much Red Cordial does Henno drink?

just
30th December 2009, 06:57 PM
You've got nothing on JC, so I shudder to even think about TF and NTGM.

ParMaster
30th December 2009, 07:07 PM

:-k

Care to enlighten me what hole that was? :oops:

Although it sounds believeable. :lol:

Grunt
30th December 2009, 07:15 PM
:-k

Care to enlighten me what hole that was? :oops:

Although it sounds believeable. :lol:

Think it was the 15th or 16th.

Fishman Dan
30th December 2009, 07:22 PM
Frickin' WA threadjackers! You're just like your timezone - last in to everything!

markTHEblake
30th December 2009, 11:54 PM
get all these scumbags out of my thread.

and Eag's, the reason you dont remember is cos i was scared stiff of talking to you that day cos you were so grumpy after the odd shank and three putt.

p.s. i have played with Poidda and G69 in the same group. It would be a miracle if anyone could get a word in with these two going hard at it.

simmsy
31st December 2009, 12:05 AM
well MTB you open up a thread as to who talks the most and well to be frank i don't think either of these two astute gentleman could hold a candle to either JC or TF. IMHHO.:D

and neither of these guys are from WA really anyway, their both blow-ins.

Fishman Dan
31st December 2009, 07:43 AM
What a noisy canut..... I mean, canuck.

Eag's
31st December 2009, 11:59 AM
get all these scumbags out of my thread.

and Eag's, the reason you dont remember is cos i was scared stiff of talking to you that day cos you were so grumpy after the odd shank and three putt.

p.s. i have played with Poidda and G69 in the same group. It would be a miracle if anyone could get a word in with these two going hard at it.

Oh now I remember Blake it was our matchplay.
I do recall the result though 2 up to me :mrgreen:

markTHEblake
31st December 2009, 01:58 PM
yeah, you certainly got talkative the last few holes

BrisVegas
1st January 2010, 09:42 PM
g69 is incessant. It's actually a continuous stream, like white noise almost. Blake talks a lot, but dicky has him covered in this regard. Quite comfortably I'd suggest. Blake talks golf. Dick just talks and talks and talks.....

PeteyD
4th January 2010, 07:00 AM
I think he did shut up once .... no that was momentary deafness.

Jarro
4th January 2010, 07:09 AM
Golfer69 reckons Blake never shutup for a second on the drive to Ballina yesterday morning.

Tongueboy
4th January 2010, 09:00 AM
pair of pig dogs i'd say. grab you by the ear and won't let you go

Fishman Dan
4th January 2010, 04:59 PM
You could hear the two of them as they left the car park yesterday and headed out of Jameson Ave. It was beautiful - heading into the sunset, disappearing into the horizon.... white noise escaping the cabin of G69's new shaggin' wagon.

markTHEblake
4th January 2010, 09:57 PM
Golfer69 reckons Blake never shutup for a second on the drive to Ballina yesterday morning.

I was telling him all the nice things about you, thats why it took so long.