PDA

View Full Version : Stuart's Swing

Stuart
29th December 2009, 10:33 AM
I remember the first time I heard my voice on a tape recorder - the lovely dulcet tones of a suave James Bond I heard in my head turned out to be somewhat different when played back to me. Similarly, the experience of seeing your golf swing for the first time is somewhat disillusioning.

Nonetheless, I am interested to see what others make of it. I have picked up a number of issues that I was unaware of, but I will be keen to see what errors and potential improvements are proposed. Any suggestions or feedback is welcome. As a summary, I tend to hit the ball too high and my bad shot a generally a pull hook.

My wife (who took the video) was slightly right of centre, so the angles are slightly out.

9W5MgkiWgJ4

razaar
29th December 2009, 10:47 AM
Don't practice when there is thunder because lightening is not too far away.

virge666
29th December 2009, 11:12 AM
And get some golf shoes...

:)

If you are serious - get us some 7 irons from front and back... lets see if we can help then. it looks a bit over the top with some leg drive. It also looks as if you driver is way too long by the way it goes through impact... but that could be the camera.

Stuart
29th December 2009, 11:35 AM
And get some golf shoes...

The joys of hitting on the farm :wink:

I'll get my wife to take a few more over the next few days. Not sure if I can get her to take a vid from the front though .....

Stuart
29th December 2009, 11:38 AM
Don't practice when there is thunder because lightening is not too far away.

Happily, that was wind and not thunder. I'm personally scared to death of being out in storms (after lightning hit a tree about 20 metres from me when I was in high school).

henno
29th December 2009, 11:39 AM
Not sure if I can get her to take a vid from the front though .....

Virge means front on (looking at your chest) and down the line (with the right angle this time).

Stuart
29th December 2009, 02:51 PM
Virge means front on (looking at your chest) and down the line (with the right angle this time).

I know - that was just me being facetious.

3oneday
29th December 2009, 02:52 PM
You should ask her anyway, the look you get could be priceless :lol:

Stuart
29th December 2009, 06:13 PM
You should ask her anyway, the look you get could be priceless :lol:

:lol: - We had our 16th wedding anniversary a week before Christmas, and I am pretty certain I know what her response would be. Even though she will happily admit her lack of sporting knowledge, she also knows me well enough not to trust my sporting ability!

Anyway, I have quickly fudged together a few new videos this afternoon. However, there are a few slight problems. Firstly, we have returned home from the farm, so I don't have access to a private driving range anymore. Secondly, the public driving range in my town has closed down, so I don't have access there. Finally, it has been raining all day so a trip to the course wasn't really on. So I did a few quick swings in the front yard with a 7-iron (and no ball). As such, it is not entirely realistic, but probably pretty close to the mark.

My 11 year old did the taping this time - I couldn't convince her to take the swing from in front either, even without a ball!

eLU_bab7Bqo

_WuQCkf6d0c

virge666
29th December 2009, 08:37 PM
Another Moe drill for you - the upper body movement needs to be sorted.

Check out the thread with Peter Cowan's Axe Drill.

Enjoy

uahmad
1st January 2010, 01:34 PM
im not sure about swings without hitting the ball.

My practice swings/swings where i dont have the ball in front of me always feel 100%.

If only i could swing like my practice swings when i actually have the ball in front of me...

Stuart
9th January 2010, 07:18 AM
Another Moe drill for you - the upper body movement needs to be sorted.

Check out the thread with Peter Cowan's Axe Drill.

Enjoy

I've playing around with this for the past week or so. Any more specific advice other than "your upper body movement is f***ed" :lol:.

razaar
9th January 2010, 08:33 AM
I am guessing that Virge means get some resistance in your lower body during the backswing. Your left leg should have very little movement for a person of your flexibility. The sequence you should be seeking is to coil the upper body against the resistance of the lower body, then squat into the downswing leaving the upper body in its backswing position and by shifting the wieght towards the front heel, then releasing forwards towards the target and upwards.

parlyboy
9th January 2010, 12:14 PM
Stu their are shoes on ebay, im sure of it.

I have some dirty old double pluggers i could send you if you like.

Stuart
10th January 2010, 08:09 AM
Thanks for that - I'll have a play with that idea.

I also obviously need to post a video of my shoes :). Either that or start playing barefoot.