PDA

View Full Version : Golf Fair in Japan

McMw
27th February 2005, 11:03 PM
check out some of the pics...

Taylor Made is huge...check out the R7 bomber jacket, some cool bags in there too...

and that's one funky looking R7 driver too... :wink:

http://www.anserfreak.ne.jp/s-report/2005/golffair/part1.htm

Onewood
28th February 2005, 12:26 AM
Check out all the numbers on the wedges, :shock: are we getting that gullible with the difference 1 or 2 degree makes, at our level.
What happened to the art of moving the ball in your stance to achieve a different loft on the club?
Won’t be long before they have degrees on all clubs, so instead of taking out a 9 iron it will be pass me my 45* and so on :roll:

markTHEblake
28th February 2005, 02:15 PM
they cant do that Kev, becuase thats what they did 50+ years ago.

eg a club instead of being called a 7 iron, was marked on the club as Mashie 36 (degrees).

Onewood
28th February 2005, 02:20 PM
they cant do that Kev, becuase thats what they did 50+ years ago.

eg a club instead of being called a 7 iron, was marked on the club as Mashie 36 (degrees).

Gee mate your showing your age there :D

Probably a bit silly anyway :roll: that would be taking something away from our resident HO's aswell :D

Imagine, what degree 7iron are you playing :roll: :D

amanda
28th February 2005, 02:24 PM
There are a lot of brands I don't recognise - sort of like PGF or Brosnan in Oz?

How dicky would you look in a bomber jacket too!

McMw
28th February 2005, 02:30 PM
amanda, if you're referring to the gauge design, they're apparently huge in USA (wank factor) and in Japan...

with regards to the bomber jacket, I guess the jpn car market is already flooded with too many GTR, STI, NISMO style bomber jackets, why not golf clubs too... :lol:

Davemason
28th February 2005, 06:11 PM
Why is it that there is so much different TaylorMade gear in Japan that is not available to the US or Australia, some of it, by the looks ,are just name changes eg the new r7 xr looks like a r5 with interchangeable weights and the same with the r7 fairway wood,
But there other gear like there bags and accessories look pretty cool.
And I didn't know that oakley made staff bags

McMw
28th February 2005, 06:27 PM
oakley's had staff bags yonks ago...maybe 5 years...

I remember watching Peter Lonard's caddy carrying a very cool black staff bag...always had hankering for them since...

the jpn market is HUGE...and the ppl there are not tight arses, like some of us!!!

:wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Davemason
28th February 2005, 06:36 PM
oakley's had staff bags yonks ago...maybe 5 years...

I remember watching Peter Lonard's caddy carrying a very cool black staff bag...
:oops: I stand corrected I only thought they made stand bags

amanda
1st March 2005, 11:35 AM
the jpn market is HUGE...and the ppl there are not tight arses, like some of us!!!
Nah Mau - they are just suckers :wink: