PDA

View Full Version : Swing Academy Analysis- Feel Free...

Dado
27th December 2009, 11:54 PM
Hey all,

I'd like this thread to track the progress of my swing from shitty to less-shitty...

To start things off, here is a video of my driver down the line..

http://www.swingacademy.com/videoPlayer.aspx?id=4968

Feel free to use the analysis tools on that site, its a great site and i'll be posting many more videos to come :)

Be as harsh as you want, im a big boy haha

TheNuclearOne
28th December 2009, 12:02 AM
Overswinging at the top might be the obvious first comment. Plenty of good to work with tho and i'll make room now for the true experts.

Dado
28th December 2009, 12:10 AM
Yeah i know about the John Daly-esque backswing... but that was promptly fixed after viewing it...

I've been playing for about 3 months, thats the first proper driver ive had, my other one was soo shitty i didnt bother with it. You can say that is the start of what i'm building my driver swing around.

I'll get some iron videos cranking tomorrow hopefully if the weather holds off and i can hit a nice 9 holes..

TheNuclearOne
28th December 2009, 12:22 AM
Mate you've got heaps of potential, especially considering you've been playing 3 months. Let Virge put you on the right path in the coming days, he's enthusiastic and sharp.

virge666
28th December 2009, 08:02 AM
The right shoulder moves too much and the right elbow does not fold. this gives you the Daly overswing.

Check out the "other Moe Drill" or AXE drill as Peter Cowan calls it, it will settle you down.

Then lets see where you stand.

Dado
30th December 2009, 08:00 PM
Holy shizzle.... Virge thanks alot for showing me that axe drill, improved my iron game 10 fold.

Will get some videos up asap of 6i both DL and FR and driver DL/ FR...

TheNuclearOne
30th December 2009, 11:03 PM
You won't be off 26 (unofficial or not) for long buster. I look forward to hearing about your journey.