PDA

View Full Version : Adidas Powerband Shoes

Jarro
26th December 2009, 02:04 PM
Hey all, just after some feedback from someone who wears these shoes.

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:rGRpyc5pTYFHRM:http://di1.shopping.com/images1/pi/25/61/e9/40778151-300x300-0-0_Adidas_Powerband_Titan.jpg

How are they ? Are they durable ? Waterproof ?

I'm looking at some on Ebay and seeing as though i've never tried a pair on i thought i'd get some info from the knowledgable ho's here ;)

Eag's
26th December 2009, 02:07 PM
They look very comfortable Mark, I would be keen to hear what people say about them as well.

Jarro
26th December 2009, 02:08 PM
That's what i was thinking Richard.

They look like runners with spikes 8)

Yossarian
26th December 2009, 02:11 PM
Yeah I picked up a pair of these in a group buy, so did adlo and simmsy.

I really like them, nice and light. They aren't waterproof, but they seem to be pretty durable, adlo has had a pair for many moons now.

If adidas shoes normally fit your feet ok I'd say go for it. Great summer shoe.

Jarro
26th December 2009, 02:14 PM
Thanks Yoss.

I think i'll try and grab the pair off Ebay then 8)

MegaWatty
26th December 2009, 02:18 PM
What size you after Just?

Yossarian
26th December 2009, 02:19 PM
Thanks Yoss.

I think i'll try and grab the pair off Ebay then 8)

I'm not sure they come in kid sizes though.:mrgreen:

To much Christmas celebration methinks. ;)

Jarro
26th December 2009, 02:23 PM

Umm, i'm after size 9.5's

just
26th December 2009, 02:25 PM
Ha!

MegaWatty
26th December 2009, 02:26 PM
Oops! Different J!

I've got some 10's that u just got delivered that are possibly a little but small. I wear a 9.5 in Footjoy.

Lemme know and we can probably work something out.

3oneday
26th December 2009, 02:27 PM
What colour MW ?

MegaWatty
26th December 2009, 02:28 PM
Indigo

gazgolf1
26th December 2009, 02:45 PM
They look like a tightarse version of real Adidas Golf shoes.

Review pls blakey.

KristianJ
26th December 2009, 02:47 PM
I have the orange ones...pretty comfy and handle some rough treatment well. Only $60 at Paul's Warehouse too (link to indigo, but orange is the same price):

http://www.paulswarehouse.com.au/shop/product.php?productid=73116&cat=514&page=1

Gaz, I haven't worn any other pairs of adidas golf shoes, but besides the more lightweight runner style upper, they feel just fine. They're definitely not waterproof, but there is a layer of some sort of plastic moulding over the nesh at the toe and along the sides that provide some deal of water resistance.

Jarro
26th December 2009, 02:53 PM
They look like a tightarse version of real Adidas Golf shoes.

You reckon :-s

They look super-comfy to me :)

gazgolf1
26th December 2009, 03:06 PM
You reckon :-s

They look super-comfy to me :)

Nah you cant wear Etonic Differences one week and then go backwards to those clown boots the next. ;)

Gotta go these.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Adidas-Tour-360-LTD-Golf-Shoes-9-5-Wide-Masters-Green_W0QQitemZ360220729051QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_M en_s_Athletic_Footwear?hash=item53ded41edb

or at least these

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-2009-Adidas-Tour-360-3-0-Shoes-Black-Black-9-5-M_W0QQitemZ250552189117QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Men_s _Athletic_Footwear?hash=item3a561300bd

Jarro
26th December 2009, 03:09 PM
Gaz, i'd love a pair of the Tour 360's, but i've heard so many bad reports about those shoes i'm a bit worried about getting some :smt087

Grunt
26th December 2009, 03:17 PM
I got the next ones up the adidas tree. Cant remember the name now. Very comfortable. I looked at the Powerbands but thought they looked a little like they were a chance of falling apart.

gazgolf1
26th December 2009, 03:18 PM
Gaz, i'd love a pair of the Tour 360's, but i've heard so many bad reports about those shoes i'm a bit worried about getting some :smt087

I've heard they are a bit skinny for wide feet but they should be ok for once a weekers like us.
I've heard nuthin but good about Ecco's.

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-Ecco-Mens-Casual-Cool-Hydromax-Golf-Shoe-9-9-5-43_W0QQitemZ220525797210QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Men_ s_Athletic_Footwear?hash=item33585c9f5a

Eag's
26th December 2009, 03:25 PM

I have a pair of the 2009 Tour 360's and they give me nothing but grief :(
A pity really because all other models of Adidas I have worn have been tops.

gazgolf1
26th December 2009, 03:29 PM
I have a pair of the 2009 Tour 360's and they give me nothing but grief :(
A pity really because all other models of Adidas I have worn have been tops.

Whats the problem Eagsy?

gazgolf1
26th December 2009, 03:31 PM
Check out the Puma shop at DFO Jarro, they have some Golf shoes there.

Eag's
26th December 2009, 03:41 PM
Whats the problem Eagsy?

My heels are getting carved up in them mate, it may be just that model that does not suit my type of foot. I have had them for nearly 12 months and still have to wear big band aids :roll:

gazgolf1
26th December 2009, 04:22 PM
My heels are getting carved up in them mate, it may be just that model that does not suit my type of foot. I have had them for nearly 12 months and still have to wear big band aids :roll:

Yea I've got the same problem with some Oakleys.

adlo
26th December 2009, 05:12 PM
Jarro, these shoes are excellent.

I'm on my 2nd pair. They last very well and are super comfy and light. Do it!

Jarro
26th December 2009, 05:22 PM
Will do care bear :mrgreen:

adlo
26th December 2009, 05:50 PM
Much love!

Johnny Canuck
26th December 2009, 06:29 PM
Very narrow down by the toes, J-Ro. Beware.

I don't have a wide foot and have tried on a bunch of different Adidas (including these in wide) and they were way too narrow for me.

Jarro
26th December 2009, 06:49 PM
Ok JC thanks for the tip 'eh ;)

Johnny Canuck
26th December 2009, 06:52 PM
No probs, Hoser.

sms316
27th December 2009, 08:36 AM
Adidas shoes are shithouse. Just like their equipment counterparts.

:razz:

virge666
27th December 2009, 09:31 AM
Adidas shoes are shithouse. Just like their equipment counterparts.

:razz:

I have to agree. Every pair of Adidas shoes I have worn seem to just wear out or tear, or the glue comes apart and they are never waterproof.

Get a pair of FJ shoes, there is a reason why they dominate the market.

Jarro
27th December 2009, 10:02 AM
I'll get a pair of the Powerbands and try them out for myself i think, they're not very expensive so it'll be no great loss if they flunk.

gazgolf1
27th December 2009, 10:33 AM
I'll get a pair of the Powerbands and try them out for myself i think, they're not very expensive so it'll be no great loss if they flunk.

I saw these today at the Nudgee pro-shop and meh.....one good puddle and your feet will be swimming.

simmsy
27th December 2009, 12:16 PM
yeah i don't think it's any secret that these are made for dry weather golf. if you wear them in the middle of winter, well more fool you.

great shoe, cant fault them. just like wearing a good pair of runners. though yes some people will find the adidas gear won't fit their feet.

freddy a
27th December 2009, 09:01 PM
cant beat footjoys or nike tw shoes

Courty
27th December 2009, 09:45 PM
My Nike Air Zoom Elite II are sweet shoes. So good, in fact, I just bought another 2 pairs (http://ozgolf.net/forums/showpost.php?p=412375&postcount=1377). 8)

I was a little concerned about them handling some wet weather, but they've recently proved that they can more than handle it.

Look up an ebay seller called golfsurplus (http://stores.shop.ebay.com.au/Gooddens-Sports__W0QQ_armrsZ1).

damoocow
27th December 2009, 09:55 PM
Mark - I have mentioned it before on ozgolf but earlier this year I bought a pair of adidas from AMart for around $100 - pretty sure they are tour lites or something like that - I know Drummonds sell them as well - could even be on special there.
Anyway, most comfortable shoe I have ever worn - highly recommend them - and have not had wet feet whilst wearing them in some horrendous conditions.

Eag's
27th December 2009, 09:56 PM
Nice Courty :-k

KristianJ
28th December 2009, 04:51 PM
Mark - I have mentioned it before on ozgolf but earlier this year I bought a pair of adidas from AMart for around $100 - pretty sure they are tour lites or something like that - I know Drummonds sell them as well - could even be on special there.
Anyway, most comfortable shoe I have ever worn - highly recommend them - and have not had wet feet whilst wearing them in some horrendous conditions.

Golflite Tours?

http://www.rockbottomgolf.com/adidas-golf-golflite-tour-golf-shoes.html

I just placed an order for a pair of the white/brown 12s (along with a pair of shorts). Half a size larger than my Powerbands, since I'm buying with winter and wet weather in mind where I may wear thicker socks.

KristianJ
31st December 2009, 11:01 AM
RBG order arrived this morning (didn't expect it this side of New Year's Day - kudos to them). On first look, the Golflites look quite sturdy and look a fair bit more upmarket than the price I paid for them. Fit is about the same as the Powerbands - as JC said, a bit narrow if you have wider feet, but for mine they're just about perfect.

Not sure if I'll have time to properly break them in before I have my New Year's hit tomorrow morning, but they'll be hopefully very handy for when it's a bit dampish underfoot.

jarro, you got your Powerbands yet? If so, what do you think?

Jarro
31st December 2009, 12:12 PM
RBG order arrived this morning (didn't expect it this side of New Year's Day - kudos to them). On first look, the Golflites look quite sturdy and look a fair bit more upmarket than the price I paid for them. Fit is about the same as the Powerbands - as JC said, a bit narrow if you have wider feet, but for mine they're just about perfect.

Not sure if I'll have time to properly break them in before I have my New Year's hit tomorrow morning, but they'll be hopefully very handy for when it's a bit dampish underfoot.

jarro, you got your Powerbands yet? If so, what do you think?

Not yet mate, i still have to get to my pro-shop and try a pair on and see if the pair megawatty is selling will fit me OK.

I hope to do so tomorrow ;)