PDA

View Full Version : Ogio is back

just
26th December 2009, 12:07 PM
I was having a look at HOG in Virginia this morning and they have just got in a shipment of Ogio bags. They had the Grom and the Ozone. Both looked improved from older models, especially the legs, the new arclight legs look much sturdier.

simmsy
26th December 2009, 12:12 PM
link to site just?

just
26th December 2009, 12:22 PM
Simmsy, House of Golf just got them in on Xmas eve and they don't have good website anyway. Just look at the latest Grom and Ozone models on the Ogio (http://www.ogio.com/product.php?product=170) website. By the way I bought the simmsy recommended arrowhead.

simmsy
26th December 2009, 12:30 PM
you 'dog! any chance of putting up a couple of photos?

can't get anyone in perth to show me it, it's too much work even for the 'rep here in Perth.

how's it sit in a buggy?

Jarro
26th December 2009, 01:16 PM
Are they still ridiculously priced ?

just
26th December 2009, 02:08 PM
Yep, $299 for the Grom and I think $249 (?) for the Ozone.

Jarro
26th December 2009, 02:10 PM
Ok thanks just.

I think i'll be sticking with my TM Monaco bag for a while longer then ;)

Peter
26th December 2009, 03:02 PM
Ouch. $300 for a carry bag?

just
26th December 2009, 03:23 PM
Yep, all the top end carry bags from various manufacturers are around the $260-$300 mark. Too much for me, but obviously someone is willing to pay.

Peter
26th December 2009, 03:43 PM
It was a few years ago now but I think I paid about $200 (incl delivery) for my Grom. I wonder how much better the new model is.

goughy
26th December 2009, 03:45 PM
Paid 300 for my Hoofer Vantage like 3 years ago. But I 'had' to have it and it had to be special ordered at the time so no haggling as such.

just
26th December 2009, 03:52 PM
It was a few years ago now but I think I paid about $200 (incl delivery) for my Grom. I wonder how much better the new model is.
I paid $160 for a Grom a few years ago, Peter, and I think $200 is about the top I'd pay for a stand bag. The two main improvements I could see, were the legs and an integrated lifting handle on the top of the bag. And Ping stand bags are still around the $300 mark Goughy.

dodgem
26th December 2009, 07:22 PM
Also, Power Golf in Sydney has some OGIO in stock as well. Also around the same price mentioned in the replies above.

damoocow
26th December 2009, 11:24 PM
after around 5 years of faultless service my ogio [flight] has started to show signs of terminal wear [ holes] at the point where it sits against my back - it is the best carry bag I have used, and I have had a few - the harness system is the best I have encountered and the bag itself is very light.
I notice that on rockbottom that the ozone can be bought for around $70 at the moment and my current model [now called sticks] for $43 - of course postage can be exorbitant but if you are buying some other stuff it doesn't pan out too bad.
Thinking of getting exactly the same bag again but will have a look at HOG tomorrow to see what the ozone looks like - thanks for the info Just...

markTHEblake
27th December 2009, 01:14 AM
Paid 300 for my Hoofer Vantage like 3 years ago.

should be able to get a good price for it now, seeings it is hardly used!

PeteyD
29th December 2009, 07:48 PM
Bit dusty though, might need a clean.

lawrenccj
5th February 2010, 08:16 PM
So, has anyone seen these in Melbourne - my old titleist stand bag is on its last legs, an this is the ONLY bag I want to replace it with

uahmad
8th February 2010, 06:39 PM
you can get the ozone bags from the states $150 australian landed..
I might be going that way if i cant find a local seller who wants to sell me a descent stand bag

henno
8th February 2010, 06:43 PM
I was having a look at HOG in Virginia this morning and they have just got in a shipment of Ogio bags. They had the Grom and the Ozone. Both looked improved from older models, especially the legs, the new arclight legs look much sturdier.

Did you notice my fresh new Ogio at the Wynnum cup? ;)

I can safely say that the subtle improvements in the new range are great. Magnet closure on the scorecard holder, better legs, waterproof valuables pocket, zipperless ball pocket, better drink holder/cooler...

uahmad
8th February 2010, 06:44 PM
where did you pick yours up from henno?
you want to sell to me :lol:

PeteyD
8th February 2010, 06:45 PM
They look heaps better. Pro shop at Reddy has em for about $260 (Grom). How much was yours Henwa?

henno
8th February 2010, 06:48 PM
HOG have the Groms at $299, but they came down to $220 without much fuss (mentioned another deal I was wangling elsewhere).

just
8th February 2010, 07:03 PM
It looked very good indeed, still a bit rich for my blood but they are quality.

damoocow
8th February 2010, 07:25 PM
you can get the ozone bags from the states $150 australian landed..
I might be going that way if i cant find a local seller who wants to sell me a descent stand bag

uahmad - who is that through ? - just wondering if they do the 'lighter' ogio's also ?

Johnny Canuck
9th February 2010, 12:00 AM
have the straps got any better on the newer models?

i would rate my grom as possibly my biggest letdown purchase ever. i love the bells and whistles, but the way it sits on my shoulders, it feels like it weighs a ton and the thing fell apart pretty quickly.

adlo
9th February 2010, 01:52 AM
Do they have the 2010 model? The new colours aren't the best. Although I like the Hoth.

henno
9th February 2010, 07:52 AM
have the straps got any better on the newer models?

I had an old ozone before this, so it's hard to compare. The straps are different, I can tell you that much. I don't know if they're better as I didn't mind the straps on my old one.

uahmad
9th February 2010, 09:41 AM
uahmad - who is that through ? - just wondering if they do the 'lighter' ogio's also ?
through RBG, had the ogio 2009 model ozone for $71 (with the promotion code) + Delivery which was about $50

henno
9th February 2010, 09:49 AM
Did you actually check with them regarding the shipping, not just what the Shopping Cart said on the site?

uahmad
9th February 2010, 11:01 AM
nah henno didnt check with them, just what the standard shipping charges are listed on the website for 8-9 pounds international.

PeteyD
9th February 2010, 11:15 AM
yea there is small print for bag shipping.

damoocow
9th February 2010, 11:16 AM
I think you might find RBG shipping for bags to Oz is around $120

rodders
9th February 2010, 01:07 PM
Yep, RBG definately charge more for bags. Been caught out, my fault for not looking through site to see it. Took a few weeks to get a refund when pulled out of deal cause shipping is a killer.

uahmad
9th February 2010, 09:49 PM
oh i see. lucky i didnt jump on the bag then...

leighthebee
10th February 2010, 08:30 AM
Personally, I can't go past the Hoofers. Had the Titleist for awhile there, but the strap system is shit compared to Ping's wide and long straps.

Nothing better......

henno
15th July 2018, 05:21 PM
Did you notice my fresh new Ogio at the Wynnum cup? ;)

I can safely say that the subtle improvements in the new range are great. Magnet closure on the scorecard holder, better legs, waterproof valuables pocket, zipperless ball pocket, better drink holder/cooler...

Gravedig.

My beloved Ogio Grom fell apart today. It busted the main zip, then ripped in about three different places. I assume the material has just gotten old and is compromised, but needless to say I am gutted as the one piece of equipment that I have never thought about changing.

The newer Groms don't quite look the same. Some have a single strap now, more of a hybrid? And the little rubber cart leash/clip is gone, which I love for those days when someone has a cart already and says 'jump in'. I also quite like their 'woode' system of dividers with the little bumps for irons and my three woods on the other side, which also seems to have gone. Everything hangs nicely (it looks something like this, for those that don't know):

https://i.imgur.com/bm7b2ov.jpg

What's the hot tip for a stand bag these days that would suit?

PeteyD
15th July 2018, 06:45 PM
They have gone lightweight with a lot of bags, 4 or 5 holes. Or Hybrid with 14. Have a look at what is at Golf Box or from flea bay. The groms are heavy buggers compared to newer ones. Some good deals at GCO at the moment too.

henno
15th July 2018, 06:54 PM
They have gone lightweight with a lot of bags, 4 or 5 holes. Or Hybrid with 14. Have a look at what is at Golf Box or from flea bay. The groms are heavy buggers compared to newer ones. Some good deals at GCO at the moment too.

Yeah that is my only criticism. Lightweight is good, but I do like the little bells and whistles of the Grom I have.

I guess I could just go a Ping Hoofer.

Not really a fan of 14 way dividers in stand bags. I really liked the woode setup though.

Stalking golfbox and GCO now. Might check out squizzys and such. Fleabay yielded me nothing.

goughy
15th July 2018, 06:57 PM
I could just go a Ping Hoofer.

Here's your answer......

henno
15th July 2018, 07:09 PM
Here's your answer......

Meh, they are the BMW 318i of stand bags. Globally ubiquitous, pretending to be premium and awesome, but are really just a bare bones bag... but they also seem to do everything they say on the label so it's hard to criticise anything except for the price I suppose.

Even they have gone some shitty 14-way divider on one of their models though.

If only someone made a 'Choppers Edition' stand bag, with instead of a huge accessories pocket for rain gear and jumpers and such (because what self respecting chopper plays in the rain and/or cold in sunny QLD) it had a small waterproof cooler section, enough to store three or four beers and a few ice bricks would be nice.

henno
15th July 2018, 07:16 PM
Heck, the Titleist 'Ultra Lightweight' is 4.9lbs and the 'heavy' new gen Grom is 6lbs 6oz. We are talking a 650-ish gram difference between the barebones light bag and the heavy bugger. I'll just carry slightly less sand and call it square, if it means choosing a bag design I like over one I don't.

Courty
15th July 2018, 09:33 PM
Suss out some of the Sun Mountain offerings. Good quality bags if you can get one for a reasonable price.

Dcanto
15th July 2018, 09:35 PM
This might help:

https://mygolfspy.com/best-golf-stand-bags-in-2018/

3Puttpete
15th July 2018, 10:26 PM
Wilson staff nexus.

That’s it, that’s the list

henno
16th July 2018, 06:44 AM
Suss out some of the Sun Mountain offerings. Good quality bags if you can get one for a reasonable price.

I had forgotten about Sun Mountain. My cart bag is Sun Mountain and going strong (although probably from me never actually using carts).

I remember them being expensive, though.

This might help:

https://mygolfspy.com/best-golf-stand-bags-in-2018/

That will help heaps! Thanks.

Wilson staff nexus.

That’s it, that’s the list

That wasn't even on my radar. Cheers for the lead, I'll put it into consideration.

benno_r
16th July 2018, 06:57 AM
The Ogio Ozone and Shredder have the same club layout system (without the notch thingys though):

https://www.ogio.com/golf/golf-bags/ozone-golf-stand-bag/spr4704817.html

https://www.ogio.com/golf/golf-bags/shredder-golf-stand-bag/spr4720184.html

I bought the waterproof Aquatech model with similar top layout and really like it.

shazza_rs
16th July 2018, 05:53 PM
I have an Ogio aquatech too. The newest model doesn’t have the woode system though. I think mine is a 2016/17.

I really like it.

henno
16th July 2018, 06:03 PM
I have an Ogio aquatech too. The newest model doesn’t have the woode system though. I think mine is a 2016/17.

I really like it.

Thanks Shaz. I might keep my eyes peeled for an older model on closeout of something.

I think I am sold on the idea of continuing with the woode divider system or at worst, a 5-way divider Hoofer/Titleist-style. 14-way dividers in a stand bag can EAD; I like to remove and replace clubs when I am already walking and the bag slung over my shoulder a lot of the time (hit my shot, grab my bag and start walking, slotting the club in along the way) so a 14 way divider is just ridiculous for my needs.