PDA

View Full Version : NZ vs AUST - 3rd Game

Fishman Dan
26th February 2005, 09:24 PM
Went to the pub and saw the NZ innings of this. Interesting game -

* Clarke's innings was top shelf. Guided the team (with Hussey) from a potentially ordinary total to a big enough one. Especially considering he was overlooked for opening, he could have been off his game.

* Fleming's wicket - he hates batting to Brett Lee. But was it the biggest no-ball ever? I couldn't see that well, the big-screen at the pub was pretty ordinary but it looked like he overstepped by miles?

* The Brett Lee short ball that ended Papps game was one of the best i've seen for a long time. He was just about knocked off his feet, and when the dust settled he had a massive shiner even through the helmet and took no further part. Awesome stuff.

* Symond's fielding improves when he's batting well. He's chock-full of confidence all of a sudden.

* The Lee beamer was pretty poor, not intentional but not what you want to see in cricket - as batter or bowler.

* The main meals at the Bayview in Gladesville are first-class. I recommend them to anyone.

Jarro
26th February 2005, 09:34 PM
yeah i watched the whole game at home here .. great performance from the Aussie boys.. they just don't know when to lay down and be beaten.

Symonds had a blinder, and contrary to what Fishy says, fields like a champion every game. He bowled quite well tonight too, taking a wicket or two and going for only 30 odd runs from his 10 overs.

Don't think that the ball that got Fleming was a no-ball. It was close but you could just see some of his foot behind the line :roll: I do think he was lucky not to get into strife over the "beamer" though. I seem to recall Abdul Razzaq being dragged out of the attack for bowling a very similar delivery at Brett Lee during the recent ODI series in Aus :wink:

Can't wait to hear the whinging from across the Tasman tomorrow 8) :lol:

Fishman Dan
26th February 2005, 09:38 PM
Symonds had a blinder, and contrary to what Fishy says, fields like a champion every game. He bowled quite well tonight too, taking a wicket or two and going for only 30 odd runs from his 10 overs.

Sorry, didn't come out right. Yes, he had a blinder but today and it was frightening. Between him and Clarke, you just don't get singles on the off-side without wondering if you're going to end up waiting for the 3rd umpire.

Don't think that the ball that got Fleming was a no-ball. It was close but you could just see some of his foot behind the line :roll: I do think he was lucky not to get into strife over the "beamer" though. I seem to recall Abdul Razzaq being dragged out of the attack for bowling a very similar delivery at Brett Lee during the recent ODI series in Aus :wink:

That's the game i went to - 2nd final. You get a warning, and a repeat will have the umpires disqualify you from bowling again that game. Mind you, Lee's didn't seem intentional, unlike the first of Razzaq's, and potentially BOTH of Waqar's in that World Cup game to Symond's in Sth Africa.