PDA

View Full Version : NSW: The Vintage, Wed Dec 23, 3:10p

AndyP
22nd December 2009, 05:54 PM
Late notice, and I could have put out an EOI post earlier, but I didn't want to screw anyone around, if I pulled the pin or couldn't get there that early.

I'm playing The Vintage tomorrow at 3:10p, for the twilight rate of $55 (after 3p). I'll be driving from RAAF Williamtown after I knockoff at around 1p.

My workmate has indicated interest, but I'm not convinced that he will play.

Do any locals want to join me?

cutter1
23rd December 2009, 05:50 AM
Thanks, but will be playing in club comp.

Scottt
23rd December 2009, 06:31 AM
Jealous, Andy.

If I can give you one piece of advice, don't play the par threes (specifically 8 and 11) from the back tees. They are stupid, ball-breaking holes from back at the tombstones, but both have 150-160m tees from which they are fun holes that are still a challenge.

Oh, and on #6, aim left edge of the fairway, it runs right very hard and it's dead in the right trees.

AndyP
23rd December 2009, 06:31 AM
I had a look at the Belmont webpage, and the comp or a twilight round there was one of my backup options. I'll let you know if I'm looking at playing there next time, cutter.

AndyP
23rd December 2009, 06:34 AM
Jealous, Andy.

If I can give you one piece of advice, don't play the par threes (specifically 8 and 11) from the back tees. They are stupid, ball-breaking holes from back at the tombstones, but both have 150-160m tees from which they are fun holes that are still a challenge.

Oh, and on #6, aim left edge of the fairway, it runs right very hard and it's dead in the right trees.There's no chance of me playing off the back tees, Scottt. They weren't put there with me in mind. The next set will be fine with me. Cheers for the tip on #6.

AndyP
23rd December 2009, 07:22 PM
I posted my thoughts on the course in this thread: http://www.ozgolf.net/forums/showthread.php?p=414498#post414498

I ended up playing on my own. Once I got through the three groups by the 5th, who let me through without any wait, it felt like I had the whole course to myself. It allowed me to play another ball if I felt like it and have a good read of the course guide.