PDA

View Full Version : Work in regional Town

poidda
22nd December 2009, 11:53 AM
Anyone know of some work out of the city? Friends from Ireland on Holiday Visa want to do there 3 months regional work so they can get another year. Anyone got any ideas/contacts?

kpac
22nd December 2009, 12:03 PM
What sort of work?
Physical work - horse studs love travellers, as they pay stuff all but cover food and bed etc. Not sure any of the qld studs do it tho - nsw/vic/sa/wa would be more readily available.
Winery's hire travellers all the time to pick. Tell them to hit the notice boards at the backpackers or gumtree.com

Bruce
22nd December 2009, 12:34 PM
Harvest season is about to start down here. Fruit picking etc.

If they can make their way to Robinvale I have some family that would be glad to see them. Included free bed in the picker's hut, smokos, shopping service and a lift into town on the weekend.

poidda
22nd December 2009, 12:36 PM
What sort of work?
Physical work - horse studs love travellers, as they pay stuff all but cover food and bed etc. Not sure any of the qld studs do it tho - nsw/vic/sa/wa would be more readily available.
Winery's hire travellers all the time to pick. Tell them to hit the notice boards at the backpackers or gumtree.com

Yeah they are after anything. The notices on hostels seem like a pain in the arse and/or scammers, hence looking other ways.

poidda
22nd December 2009, 12:39 PM
Harvest season is about to start down here. Fruit picking etc.

If they can make their way to Robinvale I have some family that would be glad to see them. Included free bed in the picker's hut, smokos, shopping service and a lift into town on the weekend.

Bruce that is exactly what they are after. Something off the backpacker trail. Suss out your contacts and PM me their details and I'll forward them on. Any idea how long they need pickers for?

Iain
22nd December 2009, 01:43 PM
Poidda, ask G69, I've heard he's a good picker...?

Bruce
22nd December 2009, 02:06 PM
Mid Jan through to late March.
For stone fruit we used to start picking apricots on Boxing Day.

poidda
22nd December 2009, 02:18 PM
Poidda, ask G69, I've heard he's a good picker...?
bwahahahaha

Mid Jan through to late March.
For stone fruit we used to start picking apricots on Boxing Day.
Timing is perfect.

Being your family though........ ;)

markTHEblake
22nd December 2009, 02:59 PM
Out Gatton way there is a bunch of jobs picking and so on. There are several ethnic 'groups' around there doing possibly the same thing - or simply they figure its a great spot and stay anyway, like the Somalians. Heck they would probably be even happy to live in Ipswich

BrisVegas
22nd December 2009, 03:55 PM
Heck they would probably be even happy to live in Ipswich

it's the place to be i tell ya. 8-)

poidda
22nd December 2009, 03:59 PM
it's the place to be i tell ya. 8-)

You got any work out your way then Vegas?

BrisVegas
22nd December 2009, 04:03 PM
are they any good at paving?

poidda
22nd December 2009, 04:09 PM
are they any good at paving?

Do you offer security?

Moe Norman
23rd December 2009, 01:16 PM
my old man runs a school in the country, what is their vocation?

Webster
23rd December 2009, 02:11 PM
they could get jobs as moderators over at isg.

poidda
23rd December 2009, 02:14 PM
my old man runs a school in the country, what is their vocation?

Accountants I think.