PDA

View Full Version : Celtic Goddess romps home!

macleod
25th February 2005, 03:28 PM
my greyhound romped home for a juicy big win last night at Albion and even got a write-up for her troubles. Once her racing is over/breeding we will adopt her as a pet...but first...more racing!

========
HOME FOR LIFE

24 Feb, 2005.
THERE is nothing more sure than Celtic Goddess will have a home for life when her racing career comes to an end.

The daughter of Awesome McLaren-Blue Ridge Lady looks just as certain to have a breeding career first, but the Greyhound Adoption Program will not have to work overtime to place her.

Celtic Goddess is raced by a syndicate headed by Francis Forbes who at one time was co-ordinator for the GAP program in Queensland.

"One of the syndicate members has already said the bitch will head home with them," said trainer and breeder Owen Edmonds.( My sister Brooke will be taking her as my kittens will eat her alive at our house.... )

Celtic Goddess led throughout to win a 600m 5th Grade at Albion Park on Thursday night in 35.43.

She won by seven lengths over Pretty Girl Jan with two and a quarter lengths to Intense Lee in third. The bitch is a daughter of Blue Ridge Lady who was a fine stayer for the Edmonds kennel some years ago.
"She won 13 races for us," said Edmonds, "And 11 of those were at Albion Park and she won over all three distances."
Blue Ridge Lady also won the 732m Stayers Cup on Gold Coast Cup night a race that always attracts a tough field.
"Celtic Goddess is from her first litter to Awesome McLaren and we had a number of them that could run including Unchained but unfortunately he broke his hock when hit by another dog in a race at Ipswich," said Edmonds.
Edmonds reported that dam Blue Ridge Lady was mated with underrated sire Nujooloo on Thursday.
============

let the mating begin!!!!!

Fishman Dan
25th February 2005, 03:39 PM
How much more racing? 7 lengths?! Cor lummy, that's a fair effort - perhaps a step up in class?

3oneday
25th February 2005, 06:10 PM
my greyhound romped home for a juicy big win last night at Albion so, what, posting a tip/certainty is against forum rules ??????? :roll:

Did anyone see the tip yesterday ?? did I miss it :x ??

Pete
:lol: :lol:

macleod
27th February 2005, 08:57 AM
heck i wasn't even told. she ran on tuesday at Ipswich so i thought she was getting rested.

our trainer has a theory that whenever we go to cheer her on she gets into an "incident", normally checked by larger dogs that are in dubious gradings from over the mexican border..... (strange looks from other racing fraternity since we go nuts and then go down and congratulate once she's done....we've treated her like one of our many per greyhounds since birth)

16 pay i think....bugger :(

Fishman Dan
28th February 2005, 10:34 PM
Ouch - started fave but came up no good? Looked across the results, #5 the bogey box? An early win from there, but not much else all night?

macleod
1st March 2005, 07:43 AM
such is greyhound life, im fine with the $2600 from last week :)

plus this evens her odds out for the next run this wekek :D

we race her in some mixed gradings inbetween primary runs to see how she goes against the dodgy dogs from over the border (ie lightly non-proper grading raced NSW dogs...come up for blitzing wins and cashola)

she's a long distance runner, not quite 1.5 years yet so for this many wins in various distances she's a great little girl.

you should see her in person, she's a UNIT but small compared to the other male greyhounds.....this sometimes causes issues when she gets knoked but she gets out fast....and then winds up over the last legs of longer distances like her parents.

Onewood
1st March 2005, 11:20 AM
you should see her in person, she's a UNIT but small compared to the other male greyhounds.....this sometimes causes issues when she gets knoked but she gets out fast....and then winds up over the last legs of longer distances like her parents.

How about a pic then Maca 8)