PDA

View Full Version : WA: 2010 WA Matchplay, lets hope we can keep one thread on track.... please

adlo
18th December 2009, 03:53 AM
Great growth on the numbers, 15 entrants this year. Considering when I started this same thread last year I was expecting 4 WA OzGolfers. Good times.

Guys, a suggestion has been made to charge a nominal entry fee ($10) to cover the purchase and engraving of the WA Matchplay Cup (and get JC on there for 2009) as well as a prize for 1st and maybe something for 2nd. We have decided to run with this.

The list:

1. Adlo (14), tipped for 2010 glory.
2. Old man Simmsy (17), man of many words. The first person to be eliminated from the 2010 matchplay in 2009
3. Rowdy Roddy TourFat (9)
4. Mega-ShoeHo-Watty (11), the revolving WITB-man.
5. Cwazy Canuck (6), the 2009 WA OzGolf dominator.
6. Yossarian (19), no chance when his real handicap catches up with him. Will it ever?!?
7. iTree 3.0 (13), new and improved for 2010, will be updated with ability actually close out a match with less than a triple bogey.
8. Zuesgolfer (14), now permitted to join, has legitimate ownership of "the straightest driver ever"
9. SeldomEagles (23), brown cardigan wearing closet ho.
10. Pieface (25), Bobby Locke was called "old muffin face" you know.
11. Uncle Kumquat Nuts (24), or is it Lowball-Nuts?
12. The Nuffinator (7), has super human talking abilities.
13. Veefore (8 ), trying desperately to increase the numbers from Hartfield, even though they still have no chance.
14. TopDog (14), it is all about quality, not quantity.
15. Bruce Dickinson (11), hoping to redeem the shame that came with his scratching in 2009.

I have added current handicaps in brackets. Please let me know if any of the handicaps are incorrect, most have been done from memory.

Topdog and Pieface will be using WAGL handicaps.
Golfnut is using his "OzGolf" monitored handicap. Just so no one feels robbed playing him, we have allowed him to use this handicap in OzGolf events.
The rest are AGU handicaps.

The draw:
http://i668.photobucket.com/albums/vv48/adlo_2009/Matchplay2010Feb.png

The cut-off dates are the end of the month.

Round 1 cut off is 28/2/2010
Round 2 cut off is 30/4/2010
Round 3 cut off is 30/6/2010
Round 4 cut off is 31/8/2010
Final to be played by 31/10/2010

This will be enforced. In exceptional circumstances we will look at extending dates. However, as we have quite a few rounds to get through, we need to be pretty strict.

Please use this thread for updates and scheduled matches only. Please do not use this thread to discuss where and when you plan on playing. Do this by PM. If you want to invite fellow OzGolfers to play, ie create an "OzGolf day", do this in a new 1st tee thread.

I don't want this thread to be impossible to navigate. If it gets off topic I will ask for one of our lovely mods to delete irrelevant posts.

$10 Matchplay fee

Paid:

Veefore
Adlo
simmsy
NUFFIE
Pieface
Golfnut

Let the games begin!!!!

dc68
18th December 2009, 06:57 AM
Haha.... keep a WA thread on track.
That's funny!!

adlo
18th December 2009, 10:48 PM
So far, so good.... just no posts!!

Guys, a suggestion has been made to charge a nominal entry fee (say $5 or $10) to cover the purchase and engraving of the WA Matchplay Cup (and get JC on there for 2009) as well as a prize for 1st and maybe something for 2nd.

Please tell me your thoughts.

I would nominate $10 to ensure a decent prize for the eventual winner.

Yossarian
18th December 2009, 10:52 PM
Yeah sounds good. I am happy to kick in a tenner. Should get the runner up put on that cup to. ;)

Nice profile pic.

MegaWatty
18th December 2009, 10:58 PM
10s good here.

Yossarian
18th December 2009, 11:03 PM
If you bring that chick with you, you can play.

Golfnut
18th December 2009, 11:49 PM
A ten'er sounds good here too......

adlo
18th December 2009, 11:53 PM
So my application as a late entry was declined ?

Dicky, I really appreciate your interest. However, if you successfully make it through a few rounds, do you honestly think you can keep playing the games by the set deadlines? Even if you are in our fine state, you still need to ensure you can match days/times with your opponent.

I think you would be much better off aiming for late March, the Sandgroper Champs, and then again later in the year for the WA NWRNTY Cup.

OK, is it safe to say I can impose a $10 entry fee? Enough hands are up.... and I think a perpetual trophy and prize is a great idea.

Johnny Canuck
19th December 2009, 05:23 AM
all good in the hood.

idgolfguy
19th December 2009, 09:15 AM
10 is fair.

Topdog
21st December 2009, 12:14 PM
$10 is fine with me.

"Hot and cold" that just like my game , good call.

Pieface
21st December 2009, 12:22 PM
$10 seems fair. Ask if you get discount for engraving JC on every plaque up front?

TourFit
21st December 2009, 12:48 PM
$10 seems fair. Ask if you get discount for engraving JC on every plaque up front?

:shock:

$10 is OK with me too...

What's all this about keeping a thread on track, and only relevant posts here, Mods will delete etc...You mean we can't just post what's in our heads, at whatever time, in whatever thread...? Now that just doesn't make sense at all !!!

Taking this Don Joaquin thing a bit too seriously eh? :-s

Or should we rename you adolflo, the thread Nazi ???

Golfnut
21st December 2009, 10:51 PM
^^^:lol::lol::lol:

Veefore
24th December 2009, 02:02 PM
What's the story for players who have two handicaps (WAGA and WAGL), do they play off their lowest, as per usual WAGL rules?

Also, what about players that have lots of social rounds but none (or very few) recorded for handicapping? (otherwise known as sandbaggers). Is anything being done to try to prevent people from manipulating their results or is this matchplay just not that important?

adlo
24th December 2009, 02:08 PM
Veefore, I'm glad you brought that up. I was having a discussion with TourFit and Yoss about this yesterday at KB.

We now have enough numbers to start taking this a bit more seriously.

I don't think anyone has 2 active handicaps except for me. I will use AGU (although they are both the same-14).

Topdog and Zuesgolfer need to use their ACTIVE handicap, ie WAGL.

Edit: Also, Golfnut is the only social handicap, and he is being monitored. The reason for everyone needing to use their active handicap is this: For example, Zeus shot 40pts around Joondy in an OzGolf day off his AGU handicap, but because he doesn't card any rounds, he did not lose any strokes. So really, he should now be off 12-13 instead of 14. Sorry Zeus, you are down to 10 or whatever your WAGL is.

Veefore
24th December 2009, 02:28 PM
Thanks Adlo. I wasn't sure if it had been discussed previously (other years) so thought it worth clarifying.
I understand it is pretty hard for some to maintain a truly representative handicap.

adlo
24th December 2009, 02:30 PM
This is the 1st year we have enough members to really worry about it.

If we get a winter "major" going, plus the March champs, we need to clarify these things now. We want to maximise the ability for golfers to join in. However, we also want the winners to win properly.

Pieface
24th December 2009, 02:30 PM
Hard to win Ozgolf days maybe!! :p

Veefore
24th December 2009, 04:48 PM
This is the 1st year we have enough members to really worry about it.

If we get a winter "major" going, plus the March champs, we need to clarify these things now. We want to maximise the ability for golfers to join in. However, we also want the winners to win properly.

Sounds like you're already well and truly on top of it.

adlo
25th December 2009, 12:17 AM
I think about these things Veefore.

The OzGolf day at the Vines next week will be a good chance to finalise any handicap discrepancies.

Golfnut
25th December 2009, 02:48 AM
Just want to ask this now up front (to save any hissy-fits post match);

Does anyone have a problem with my current, OZgolf appointed handicap of 24?

PS. If I play at the Vines (good or bad), I'm happer to have this adjusted accordingly.

adlo
28th December 2009, 12:57 AM
Golfnut, we have all played with you. 24 is a good handicap for you. I cracked the shits when it changed to 27 all of a sudden.

If you beat handicap at any OzGolf day, expect a reduction.

Golfnut
28th December 2009, 01:08 AM
Yeah....TF decided 27 was more appropriate prior to teeing off at Mt Lawley based on my scores on previous Ozgolf days which were averaging around the +30 mark....

Trust me to play the back 9 of my life on a 'revised-up' h'cap :roll:

adlo
28th December 2009, 01:11 AM
Handicaps go up by 0.1, not 3 strokes per round :roll:

Handicap is about potential.

Golfnut
28th December 2009, 01:15 AM
Fair enough......happy to sit on 24. Done.

TourFit
28th December 2009, 01:17 AM
Having played that back 9 with you, I made a mistake with the 27 h'cap. No harm done I guess.

I might also try and lowball the 24 as well !!! :razz:

Golfnut
28th December 2009, 01:21 AM
Don't you dare!!!! Played to it this morning so I think I'm on track.....
(Although I played an absolute cracker on Saturday morning; 9 holes for 6 over but that was on a piss easy track - Pt Walter)

adlo
30th December 2009, 02:45 AM
OP edited. First match played today, Pieface successfully beating simmsy at The Vines (Ellenbrook).

Well done on your first success Pieface.

Pieface
4th January 2010, 01:27 PM
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d147/Videlion/golf/FirstBlood.jpg

Shouldn't have cracked wise with the Sara-Lee stuff Simmsy :p

JC for round 2 is a bit of a blow but if I play near H/cap I have a chance with the number of shots I'll take in. The Canuck has got a mouth too from what I've seen - That should get the juices flowing nicely :lol:

Johnny Canuck
4th January 2010, 03:06 PM
The mouth is only there for those who deserve it, ie. Yoss and Simmsy.

simmsy
4th January 2010, 03:18 PM
Pie face you may have beaten me, that doesn't mean you're not a Sara-Lee it just means i'm softer!:razz:

when you play JC, take a pair of ear plugs or play with your ipod on loud, the tall skinny one doesn't take a breath between paragraphs.:wink:

I think what i'm most dissapointed in is the fact i miss out on the chance to have another crack at JC, i was the only one that pushed the guy in last years MP.

TourFit
4th January 2010, 03:53 PM
Pie face you may have beaten me, that doesn't mean you're not a Sara-Lee it just means i'm softer!:razz:

when you play JC, take a pair of ear plugs or play with your ipod on loud, the tall skinny one doesn't take a breath between paragraphs.:wink:

I think what i'm most dissapointed in is the fact i miss out on the chance to have another crack at JC, i was the only one that pushed the guy in last years MP.

Almost Nuffie-esque??? :mrgreen:

Pieface
11th January 2010, 12:47 PM
Big h/c chop on the cards. JC should be happy.

Johnny Canuck
11th January 2010, 12:57 PM
Nice!

How much? At this rate, we'll play our match on the very last possible day so that you can make it into the teens.

Yoss/Fit,

Handicaps should be sorted today for Sat.

I should stay at 4.1, Yoss and Fit will both still get back .1, but at least there will be scores on the board.

Pieface
11th January 2010, 01:28 PM
I'm not 100% on how it works but I beat my 'cap by 13 strokes yesterday. 4 or 5 I guess?

Johnny Canuck
11th January 2010, 01:30 PM
Depending on the CCR, you're probably looking at 4.

Nice shooting, soldier!

Pieface
11th January 2010, 01:34 PM
It was great to play closer to my potential but not very beneficial in terms of engineering a matchplay sucess against the Mountie!

Johnny Canuck
11th January 2010, 01:36 PM
You'll still have a good shot. It is very tough giving up so many strokes.

Keep bringing it down. It sounds like you have recently sorted things out, between this round and your destruction of Old Man River.

adlo
12th January 2010, 03:25 AM
Well done PF. Let me tell you, JC is going to struggle giving up so many shots when you are making plenty of pars at the moment.

There will be plenty of updates after Sunday, looking forward to some Round 2 match ups......

Johnny Canuck
12th January 2010, 12:15 PM
my round 2 match will be played on april 30.

Pieface
12th January 2010, 12:26 PM
Now how to fit 40 games in going out at 0.1 between now and then...

Or I can make like Yoss and not submit any more cards :lol:

adlo
12th January 2010, 12:27 PM
Yoss is playing comp rounds while his game of slightly off!

0.1 back Satdee and another comp on Friday......

Pieface
12th January 2010, 12:32 PM
Yoss is playing comp rounds while his game of slightly off!

0.1 back Satdee and another comp on Friday......

Ghey!

adlo
17th January 2010, 07:44 PM
Updated.

Most 1st round matches completed.

We might get some 2nd round matches happening on the 28th Feb. Bruce D is going to host a day at Joondalup. 10 guests @ $30.

I had an absolute corker of a match with Veefore today.

I parred 3 of the first 5 holes and was still one down. Veefore started par, birdie, birdie. I was thinking, "what am I in for?"

We turned square, both with 17 points.

The lead changed 3 times on the back 9. We were square heading down 17. I made an up and down with a flop shot over the front bunker to 5 feet to win the hole. I had a stroke coming down 18, so I knew I should win. I hit driver onto the fairway, 5 iron lay up and then stuck 9 iron from 125m to 8 foot while Veefore missed the GIR after a great drive and 3 wood. I 2 putted for the win.

Thanks Veefore, a bloody tough match, I really enjoyed it.

Yossarian
17th January 2010, 07:49 PM
Adlo is going down!

adlo
17th January 2010, 07:50 PM
I think it will be a very good match

Yossarian
17th January 2010, 07:52 PM
My match was good today as well, played really solid until I won, then did a JC and sprayed it all over the place.

And I think it will be a fun match, hopefully I can lose a few strokes by then eh? ;)

adlo
17th January 2010, 08:02 PM
I wouldn't complain.

Yossarian
17th January 2010, 08:07 PM
So we'll do it this Wednesday? ;)

adlo
17th January 2010, 08:10 PM
Nope, wait for round one to finish. Give me a month or two of feeling like I am still a chance. I don't want to be knocked out in January if I lose!

Yossarian
17th January 2010, 08:31 PM
Good postive thoughts.

Pieface
18th January 2010, 11:39 AM
I like my winning score against Simmsy...pretty sure it was 2 & 1 8)

Draw is looking pretty good for me from here. I'm getting plenty of shots all the way through!

I'll put my hand up for Joondy but I'll give way to match play contenders obviously..or if Bruce D tells me F*** off! :lol:

idgolfguy
18th January 2010, 12:04 PM
Nuffie played really well closing me out at the 14th. We were all square till the 10th and then went 2 down when he chipped in for a birdie and I missed a 2 footer for a birdie. My putts didn't drop and Nuffie hit the ball straight and putted very well.

I had said earlier to him that he would have to putt very well to win the match against me. We were level to the greens but his class showed through on the greens.

TourFit
18th January 2010, 12:27 PM
Nuffie played really well closing me out at the 14th. We were all square till the 10th and then went 2 down when he chipped in for a birdie and I missed a 2 footer for a birdie. My putts didn't drop and Nuffie hit the ball straight and putted very well.

I had said earlier to him that he would have to putt very well to win the match against me. We were level to the greens but his class showed through on the greens.

Take a leaf from Zigmeister...buy some new irons to fix those putting woes id !!!

Oh wait...you DID THAT ALREADY !!!!!:mrgreen:

adlo
18th January 2010, 02:54 PM
I like my winning score against Simmsy...pretty sure it was 2 & 1 8)

Draw is looking pretty good for me from here. I'm getting plenty of shots all the way through!

I'll put my hand up for Joondy but I'll give way to match play contenders obviously..or if Bruce D tells me F*** off! :lol:

Joondalup is not about matchplay, I just thought the 2 could combine again.

I tried remember your score against simmsy. I remembered wrong. I'll fix it up.

idgolfguy
18th January 2010, 08:48 PM
Take a leaf from Zigmeister...buy some new irons to fix those putting woes id !!!

Oh wait...you DID THAT ALREADY !!!!!:mrgreen:

The irons and driver weren't the issue. 80% fairways and 60% GIRs are on Sunday are good stats for a 13 HC. Played the Vines on the Saturday and hit 36 points (CCR was 73). Vines fairways were 65% (used my Nike SQ) and 70% GIRs. Played Kwinana on Sunday and hit 36 points. Both days were windy but didn't have much effect on my game.

36 putts for the round is the issue. Up until a few weeks ago, my average was 29 putts per round but my GIRs were about 36%. Improvement in the irons have put more pressure on the putting. I'll probably pop over at some stage to sort out the length of the Newport.

I went back to my Ping Anser the day before and had 39 putts at the Vines. I could not get the hang of the offset. Surprisingly, the pace between the Anser and Cameron were very similar.

My have to try Cameron Bullseye or Titleist SC Bullseye next. I don't want to go back to my Odyssey 2-ball.

adlo
19th January 2010, 01:00 AM
I should have collected the $10 for this from a few more guys on Sunday.

Don't forget gents, this $10 will go towards a perpetual trophy and a great prize!

OP updated to reflect those who have paid.

simmsy
19th January 2010, 01:14 AM
i just put $10 into your account mate.

adlo
19th January 2010, 01:16 AM
Thanks simmsy.

idgolfguy
19th January 2010, 01:40 AM

Don't forget gents, this $10 will go towards a perpetual trophy and a great prize!

Sorry mate, didn't think of it. I'll pay next time I see you - I'd play Joondalup if there is a slot free.

adlo
19th January 2010, 01:43 AM
Sorry mate, didn't think of it. I'll pay next time I see you - I'd play Joondalup if there is a slot free.

It will be first in, best dressed.

I can start a thread, I don't know if Bruce D will start one. I guess I better see if the 28th still suits him!

idgolfguy
19th January 2010, 01:48 AM
Joondalup at that price - we could get another 16 if he could book that many slots at one time.

Johnny Canuck
19th January 2010, 01:49 AM
pencil me for joondy

adlo
19th January 2010, 02:15 AM
I have PM'd Bruce.

I think he said he has 10 vouchers @ $30, plus him. The other 5 slots would be $65 I think (guest rate)- if we had 16 golfers. That would split to be $41 per golfer. Bargain!!

When BD gets back to me, I will start a new thread.

idgolfguy
19th January 2010, 02:22 AM
Brilliant!

Nuffie
28th January 2010, 12:22 AM

Adlo, I'll fix you up with the $10 at Joondalup in March.

Pieface
8th February 2010, 06:41 PM
Adlo - just transferred the $10 through ala Simmsy. I'll never remember otherwise!

adlo
9th February 2010, 12:53 AM
Thanks mate.

adlo
1st March 2010, 07:39 PM
Update.

Let round 2 begin!

MegaWatty
1st March 2010, 08:16 PM
Can we do the handicap changes as well please? Just to get an idea of the competitors. Now off 11.

adlo
1st March 2010, 08:18 PM
Yep, done. Not sure if Pieface is still 25?

Yossarian
1st March 2010, 08:18 PM
Yeah I am owed another shot! :D

Johnny Canuck
1st March 2010, 08:28 PM
7 for me.

adlo
1st March 2010, 08:36 PM
The Link never lies.

MegaWatty
1st March 2010, 08:37 PM
They're going to be null and void anyway if we
play in April or later...

adlo
1st March 2010, 08:38 PM
True, they are an indicator at least. I might have to postpone my match with Yoss. Can you work his handicap out again for me MW?

Johnny Canuck
1st March 2010, 08:40 PM
I need to change my golflink to someone else's.

Johnny Canuck
1st March 2010, 08:41 PM
Predictions:

JC 3 &1
Nuffie 2 UP
Mega 3&2
Aldo 3&2 if played a Bunbury.

adlo
1st March 2010, 08:43 PM
Predictions:

JC 1 up
Bruce D 2 & 1
MW 4 & 3
Adlo 2 & 1

MegaWatty
1st March 2010, 08:48 PM
True, they are an indicator at least. I might have to postpone my match with Yoss. Can you work his handicap out again for me MW?

Yoss will currently get down to 20.1

adlo
1st March 2010, 08:50 PM
I am injured. Can't play until April. Sorry Yoss.

MegaWatty
1st March 2010, 08:53 PM
He needs to get some more comp rounds in if he's any chance to go out. After his next round, he can't go out any further, he can only come in. He'll need at least 2 crappy rounds before he can go out any.

adlo
1st March 2010, 08:55 PM
I think he is going to battle to get any comp rounds in with his MASSIVE UNI WORKLOAD. ;)

MegaWatty
1st March 2010, 09:00 PM
I was thinking the same thing. Any time you want a Thursday morning game Yoss, don't call me, because I'm on the same side of the draw.

Johnny Canuck
1st March 2010, 09:46 PM
I think he is going to battle to get any comp rounds in with his SOFT CO(K attitude. ;)

:smt023

Golfnut
1st March 2010, 10:48 PM
Predictions:

JC 1 up
Bruce D 2 & 1
MW 4 & 3
Adlo 2 & 1

Is there no chance I can drag MW down to my "scrapers" level and beat him like I did TF? ;)

MegaWatty
1st March 2010, 10:50 PM
Every chance GN! I'm just a chopper at heart. :)

Golfnut
1st March 2010, 11:01 PM
Now we're talking :) Just don't put me on another Links course again for the next match.....that was just cruel today.

MegaWatty
1st March 2010, 11:14 PM
Hartfield?

Golfnut
1st March 2010, 11:47 PM
You think I'm silly.....as my Nonna used to say "No no eh no" :)

Neutrel course plz....will have to have a think aboot it.

MegaWatty
1st March 2010, 11:48 PM
Araluen

Golfnut
1st March 2010, 11:53 PM
Could do, pending a condition report after we get some bloody rain around this place.

Played it only once though....how many times you played it?

simmsy
1st March 2010, 11:54 PM
yeah go Araluen! i will try and join you for a piece of that.

Golfnut
1st March 2010, 11:56 PM
This will have to be organized for late April me thinks....Ozgolf Day???

MegaWatty
1st March 2010, 11:58 PM
Could do, pending a condition report after we get some bloody rain around this place.

Played it only once though....how many times you played it?

Maybe 6. Haven't played it for about 18 months.

Got some more pics coming in the WA thread at different dates.

PS...Was that you arriving at TF on Friday with the mower on the back of the truck?

Johnny Canuck
1st March 2010, 11:59 PM
Maybe 6. Haven't played it for about 18 months.

Got some more pics coming in the WA thread at different dates.

PS...Was that you arriving at TF on Friday with the mower on the back of the truck?

That's hilarious. I saw him on the Mt Henry bridge on Friday with the mower.

Golfnut
2nd March 2010, 12:00 AM
Yeah it was MW.

What can I say?...I get around.

Yossarian
2nd March 2010, 12:04 AM
Yeah it was MW.

What can I say?...I get around.

Does the wife know about that ;)

MegaWatty
2nd March 2010, 12:07 AM
Well, we kept in on track for 5 pages! That's good enough isn't it?

Golfnut
2nd March 2010, 12:09 AM
Wait 'til Lord Adlo reads all this junk :lol:
:smt013

adlo
2nd March 2010, 02:45 PM
Disgraceful.

Golfnut, MW is an in form ozgolfer, possibly the most in form of anyone. If it waits until April.... who knows?

Araluen was being pencilled in as a venue for the next big OzGolf day in May. We could possibly stretch the Round 2 cut off date until then and get the majority of the matches played on the same day.

TourFit
2nd March 2010, 03:48 PM
Disgraceful.

Golfnut, MW is an in form ozgolfer, possibly the most in form of anyone. If it waits until April.... who knows?

Araluen was being pencilled in as a venue for the next big OzGolf day in May. We could possibly stretch the Round 2 cut off date until then and get the majority of the matches played on the same day.

Can the now defunct matchplay players get in on it too...:cry:

Still smarting at how I managed to lose that match yesterday...:smt013 The missus was happy though, as it's given her some 'new' ammunition to hound me about not playing so much!!

simmsy
2nd March 2010, 04:01 PM
Disgraceful.

After playing it a couple of weeks ago and looking at how nearly empty their dams are and given that we have had the driest spell on record over summer, the course might be struggling by May if we have a dry autumn as well.

Might be worth putting Araluen back to spring time perhaps.

adlo
2nd March 2010, 05:21 PM
Can the now defunct matchplay players get in on it too...:cry:

Of course! Same deal as Kwinana.

After playing it a couple of weeks ago and looking at how nearly empty their dams are and given that we have had the driest spell on record over summer, the course might be struggling by May if we have a dry autumn as well.

Might be worth putting Araluen back to spring time perhaps.

Good point. We still need a venue for May....

TourFit
2nd March 2010, 05:27 PM
Freo public???

Topdog
2nd March 2010, 07:13 PM
Freo public???

You are joking :shock:

If they do good food at least me , TF and ID can do some keep fat.:-k

Are there any public toilets for Yoss to lurk around:wink:

Pieface
2nd March 2010, 07:41 PM
I am still off 25. Playing mostly stroke so my blow up holes are counting.

JC might want to play soon before I go out to 26, lots of stroke events during March and I only need 0.2 :lol:

What about Mandurah C.C for May?

Nuffie
17th April 2010, 07:22 PM
Guys, is the cutoff date for Rd 2 matches still the 30/4/2010?

I tried contacting Bruce Dickinson with a PM last week to arrange our match and haven't heard from him yet.

adlo
18th April 2010, 09:31 PM
I think the cut off will be extended to end of May. We have the time to do it.

However, please keep me updated if the other party does not respond, as they will be DQ'd if the time frame expires.

adlo
27th April 2010, 12:20 AM
JC/Pieface and Nuffie/BD, can you please give me some updates on Round 2 matches.

Currently I have NUFFIE stating BD doesn't return his calls (I understand- BD is a busy man :mrgreen:)

JC/Pieface, you are inactive. I must have updates. Cheers.

Yoss and I have set a date for the replay and GN/MW are constantly working on setting their date.

Pieface
27th April 2010, 10:37 AM
JC and I have been discussing regularly via PM. A scheduled date for SunCity was shelved due to green coring and sanding in the past week or so.

Current plans are for a mid-late May showdown :)

adlo
16th May 2010, 09:19 PM
ROUND 2 UPDATES

MegaWatty through.... what was the score again?

Adlo v Yoss, rematch 30/5

JC v Pieface, still no details.....

Bruce d v Nuffie, still no details. If BD remains incommunicado, Nuffie will progress via default.

GENTS, I extended the cut off by a month. YOU NEED TO GET THESE GAMES PLAYED!!!!!

MegaWatty
16th May 2010, 09:22 PM
2/1

Get your shit together bitches! To think GN and I finished before you!

Golfnut
16th May 2010, 10:53 PM
2/1

Get your shit together bitches! To think GN and I finished before you!

I'll say!!!! Com'on girls lets get this moving!!!! ;)

adlo
30th May 2010, 09:30 PM
JC through to the semi's with a 4 & 2 over Muffin Face.

Yoss through to semi's, where he will face MegaWatty, with a 2 & 1 win over Adlo in the 35 hole Secret Harbour extravaganza.

I'll update the image when I get a chance.

Currently it appears that Nuffie will advance via default through BD not playing. I bet JC is thrilled.......

Bruce Dickinson
31st May 2010, 09:59 PM
JC through to the semi's with a 4 & 2 over Muffin Face.

Yoss through to semi's, where he will face MegaWatty, with a 2 & 1 win over Adlo in the 35 hole Secret Harbour extravaganza.

I'll update the image when I get a chance.

Currently it appears that Nuffie will advance via default through BD not playing. I bet JC is thrilled.......
what I said to Nuffie was that I was free yesterday or we could wait until he gets back from Sydney. However, if that timing was too late for the rest of the boys I would stand down. It has been me delaying things with junior sports and a big arse driving range and therefore it should be me who withdraws if its impacting on the timing of the whole event

Yossarian
31st May 2010, 10:00 PM
I'm easy either way, up to aldo i think. Given the the amount of trees you cut down for him he should allow it :D

Bruce Dickinson
31st May 2010, 10:10 PM
I'm easy either way, up to aldo i think. Given the the amount of trees you cut down for him he should allow it :D
they were already dead.....:cry:

Yossarian
31st May 2010, 10:11 PM
Its ok BD you are among friends here, not pyscho old people who love trees. ;)

Bruce Dickinson
31st May 2010, 10:15 PM
Its ok BD you are among friends here, not pyscho old people who love trees. ;)
chopping them down impacts on my carbon credit earning ability

Yossarian
31st May 2010, 10:17 PM
Mmm, very important that.

Bruce Dickinson
31st May 2010, 10:21 PM
Mmm, very important that.
every dollar counts when you've spent $12.4 million :roll:

MegaWatty
31st May 2010, 10:22 PM
Time to plant 12.4m trees!

Yossarian
31st May 2010, 10:28 PM
Pfft mere pocket money!

TourFit
1st June 2010, 01:53 PM
Time to plant 12.4m trees!

Why...??

...Adlo killed all the other ones with his misdirected shots...unless you plant them in THE CENTRE of the fairways Bruce.

BTW...only 12.4 million ??? That seems pretty good, trees can be expensive...

adlo
1st June 2010, 10:42 PM
what I said to Nuffie was that I was free yesterday or we could wait until he gets back from Sydney. However, if that timing was too late for the rest of the boys I would stand down. It has been me delaying things with junior sports and a big arse driving range and therefore it should be me who withdraws if its impacting on the timing of the whole event

BD, that is fine, just keep us all posted and please try and play within 2 weeks of Nuffies return.

Cheers.

Yossarian
12th August 2010, 06:44 PM
:-"

MegaWatty
12th August 2010, 06:47 PM
I'm gonna smash you princess!

Yossarian
12th August 2010, 07:13 PM
Not with me throwing out the handbrake!

Yossarian
24th August 2010, 12:02 AM
:smt069

adlo
24th August 2010, 12:03 AM
I tried.

Yossarian
24th August 2010, 12:05 AM
Do we know what is happening with BD and the nuffsta? I don't mind waiting a bit longer to lose to JC in the final.

Johnny Canuck
24th August 2010, 12:17 AM
Do we know what is happening with BD and the nuffsta? I don't mind waiting a bit longer to lose to JC in the final.

Works for me. I'll be off 5 or 6 soon.

Yossarian
24th August 2010, 12:19 AM

****! I'd forgotten about that. Can we hurry this up people!

MegaWatty
24th August 2010, 12:34 AM

We'll play at Hartfield.

Johnny Canuck
24th August 2010, 12:49 AM
Sounds good. I still managed to beat you last time while babysitting your guest.

MegaWatty
24th August 2010, 12:54 AM
Sounds good. I still managed to beat you last time while babysitting your guest.

I'll need my driver back.

Johnny Canuck
24th August 2010, 12:57 AM
Not yet you don't.

MegaWatty
24th August 2010, 12:58 AM
Good luck getting the equivalent hot melt into yours.

Johnny Canuck
24th August 2010, 01:05 AM
Now you're b/sing me. The only hot melt was the 84g of lead tape you told me I could take off.

MegaWatty
24th August 2010, 01:10 AM
Now you're b/sing me. The only hot melt was the 84g of lead tape you told me I could take off.

Did I have tape on that head? Jesus you've had it for ages!

Johnny Canuck
24th August 2010, 01:13 AM
I forgot I had it until about 3 weeks ago.

MegaWatty
24th August 2010, 01:16 AM
Nine tenths I'm guessing.

idgolfguy
24th August 2010, 01:20 AM
Popped in the store this afternoon - saw you in the office having a chat so didn't stay to say hello. Hope you didn't think me too rude!

MegaWatty
24th August 2010, 01:21 AM
Should have interrupted or just caught my eye.

I probably wanted to get out anyway! ;)

idgolfguy
24th August 2010, 01:25 AM
Will do next time. Picked up an access point. It sad when you get so lazy to reconfigure an existing one and just go and buy a new one instead.

MegaWatty
24th August 2010, 01:26 AM
Consumerism. ;)

Nuffie
24th August 2010, 02:03 AM
I tried.

Yoss, I haven't heard from Bruce in ages, he's been very busy with that new Wembley range/practice area I'd suspect.

Maybe on the skins day whilst you guys are up at Joondalup, ask him one more time if he still wants to play.

Or Adlo, would you say it's already been too long now? Originally 2nd round had to be played by 30/4! My last match was in January FFS.

The JC/Nuffsta "rematch" is looking more and more like a goer! Maybe this should also be played at Hartfield and seems fair e-nuff considering there is equal home advantage and was where I took a 1-0 lead in our little dule :)

Johnny Canuck
24th August 2010, 02:08 AM
Next round at KB.

Nuffie
24th August 2010, 01:52 PM
Next round at KB.

KB would be awesome for this match if it happens, as it's been a while since we've both played there.

It would be a valuable test for our games atm, showing where they are really at right now. Particularly, if we play from the blues or blacks.

You are right, it's even fairer that we do this at KB, because our first dule was at Hartfield and I may have had some local advantage. KB would even things up completely.

But let's not get ahead of ourselves yet. Bruce still hasn't officially stepped down (despite contemplating it a few months ago).

Yossarian
12th September 2010, 09:33 PM
Heya bruce and not long enough, any progress to report?

Johnny Canuck
12th September 2010, 09:54 PM
Bruce, contact Nuffie asap.

Yossarian
12th September 2010, 09:55 PM
But allow for a long phone call.

Johnny Canuck
12th September 2010, 09:59 PM
Be sure to change ears every 5 or so.

Bruce Dickinson
13th September 2010, 11:46 PM
Unfortunately I haven't got time for this, I'm out.

adlo
14th September 2010, 08:11 AM
OK cheers for the honesty BD. The world now waits for JC and Pieface. Please lock in a date gents, you are well behind schedule.

Yossarian
14th September 2010, 09:11 AM
You mean nuffie and JC. I can see why you would get pieface and nuffie confused they are pretty much the same height. :)

idgolfguy
14th September 2010, 09:36 AM
Sitting down!

Johnny Canuck
14th September 2010, 10:38 AM
OK cheers for the honesty BD. The world now waits for JC and Pieface. Please lock in a date gents, you are well behind schedule.

We had a result before you lost guys did:mrgreen:

Pieface
14th September 2010, 11:07 AM
He was not gentle :cry:

JC and I will accept our apology in caffeine form Don Adlo :p

adlo
14th September 2010, 08:05 PM
Ah yes, you had a result the same day as us. JC, you are procrastinating from playing Nuffie, aren't you?

Gents, please lock in semi-final dates, you are behind schedule!!

idgolfguy
15th September 2010, 12:06 AM
Are we taking bets?

Yossarian
15th September 2010, 12:12 AM
KB double header?

Johnny Canuck
15th September 2010, 12:19 AM
We'll be off the same handicap soon and the KB double header sounds great.

Yossarian
15th September 2010, 12:20 AM
I would have serious issues with playing you, after i defeat mega, if you have to give me less than ten shots.

Johnny Canuck
15th September 2010, 12:25 AM
Putting lesson on hold.

Yossarian
18th September 2010, 10:12 PM
Ha. I will smash all of you.

Nuffie
18th September 2010, 11:05 PM
We should book this match soon, maybe even for a day next weekend at Kennedy Bay pending JC's availability.

This is because I've got a few weeks of away work scheduled in for October, first at Christmas Island for a week and then Kalgoorlie for another two weeks.

The matchplay schedule has already been delayed enough and I dont want to be responsible for holding it up even more.

MegaWatty
18th September 2010, 11:40 PM
I am going to struggle getting games with a new work schedule seeing me out of Perth fairly regularly.

Johnny Canuck
18th September 2010, 11:51 PM
Kb was cored this past Monday. Give it a few weeks.

Golfnut
19th September 2010, 12:28 AM
I am going to struggle getting games with a new work schedule seeing me out of Perth fairly regularly.

Looks like GN moves back in contention by default......;)

Yossarian
19th September 2010, 07:08 PM
We'll sort something out Mega.

Maybe we could sneak down to Mandurah so you can play it.

MegaWatty
19th September 2010, 08:10 PM
Thanks mate. That's very sweet of you.

Nuffie
19th September 2010, 10:44 PM
Kb was cored this past Monday. Give it a few weeks.

Definitely, wouldn't be worth the trip to KB with sand all over the greens. A few weeks it will be.

Yossarian
20th September 2010, 12:28 AM
Thanks mate. That's very sweet of you.

Do what I can, do I.

simmsy
23rd November 2010, 01:19 AM
hey when's this final happening? 2010?

Johnny Canuck
23rd November 2010, 01:21 AM
Hopefully Mega will have some free time soon. If I start working again, it could be tough as I would only be able to play weekends and he's not allowed out.

Yossarian
23rd November 2010, 01:23 AM
Surely HJ's will give you some time off the grill midweek?

MegaWatty
23rd November 2010, 10:12 AM
Hmmmmm.

Yossarian
28th November 2010, 10:56 PM
Go Mega!

JC is a homo.

MegaWatty
28th November 2010, 10:57 PM
Go Mega!

JC is a homo.

xoxoxo

Golfnut
28th November 2010, 11:00 PM
OP needs updating something chronic.

Johnny Canuck
28th November 2010, 11:00 PM
I love jealousy.

Yossarian
28th November 2010, 11:03 PM
I love jealousy.

Haha, just trying to get this moooving.

Hopefully no one takes offence.

I love you.

Golfnut
28th November 2010, 11:03 PM
Mega seems to not mind man love.

Johnny Canuck
28th November 2010, 11:07 PM
I knew what you were up to.

Nobody cheers for a ranga.

Golfnut
28th November 2010, 11:10 PM
I knew what you were up to.

Nobody cheers for a ranga.

Speak for yourself........Mega man's gonna open up a can of ranga on your ass.

Yossarian
28th November 2010, 11:11 PM
Mega is a homo. This will be squared four times IMO. Result by December next year.

MegaWatty
28th November 2010, 11:47 PM
I love jealousy.

You're showing a bit yourself!

TourFit
29th November 2010, 06:05 PM
Potentially interesting Final, this.

When is it being played?...Might have to organise an OzGolf Day around it (as per last year) so that we can keep abreast of what's goin' on.

(Somewhere 'like' Hartfield, complete with goats, but with MUCH better greens...?)

Ahhh...I know, Marri Park! PROBLEM SOLVED.

Nuffie
3rd December 2010, 05:47 PM
OP needs updating something chronic.

+1

MegaWatty
9th December 2010, 07:42 PM
Great growth on the numbers, 15 entrants this year. Considering when I started this same thread last year I was expecting 4 WA OzGolfers. Good times.

Guys, a suggestion has been made to charge a nominal entry fee ($10) to cover the purchase and engraving of the WA Matchplay Cup (and get JC on there for 2009) as well as a prize for 1st and maybe something for 2nd. We have decided to run with this.

The list:

1. Adlo (14), tipped for 2010 glory.
2. Old man Simmsy (17), man of many words. The first person to be eliminated from the 2010 matchplay in 2009
3. Rowdy Roddy TourFat (9)
4. Mega-ShoeHo-Watty (11), the revolving WITB-man.
5. Cwazy Canuck (6), the 2009 WA OzGolf dominator.
6. Yossarian (19), no chance when his real handicap catches up with him. Will it ever?!?
7. iTree 3.0 (13), new and improved for 2010, will be updated with ability actually close out a match with less than a triple bogey.
8. Zuesgolfer (14), now permitted to join, has legitimate ownership of "the straightest driver ever"
9. SeldomEagles (23), brown cardigan wearing closet ho.
10. Pieface (25), Bobby Locke was called "old muffin face" you know.
11. Uncle Kumquat Nuts (24), or is it Lowball-Nuts?
12. The Nuffinator (7), has super human talking abilities.
13. Veefore (8 ), trying desperately to increase the numbers from Hartfield, even though they still have no chance.
14. TopDog (14), it is all about quality, not quantity.
15. Bruce Dickinson (11), hoping to redeem the shame that came with his scratching in 2009.

I have added current handicaps in brackets. Please let me know if any of the handicaps are incorrect, most have been done from memory.

Topdog and Pieface will be using WAGL handicaps.
Golfnut is using his "OzGolf" monitored handicap. Just so no one feels robbed playing him, we have allowed him to use this handicap in OzGolf events.
The rest are AGU handicaps.

The draw:
http://i668.photobucket.com/albums/vv48/adlo_2009/Matchplay2010Feb.png

The cut-off dates are the end of the month.

Round 1 cut off is 28/2/2010
Round 2 cut off is 30/4/2010
Round 3 cut off is 30/6/2010
Round 4 cut off is 31/8/2010
Final to be played by 31/10/2010

This will be enforced. In exceptional circumstances we will look at extending dates. However, as we have quite a few rounds to get through, we need to be pretty strict.

Please use this thread for updates and scheduled matches only. Please do not use this thread to discuss where and when you plan on playing. Do this by PM. If you want to invite fellow OzGolfers to play, ie create an "OzGolf day", do this in a new 1st tee thread.

I don't want this thread to be impossible to navigate. If it gets off topic I will ask for one of our lovely mods to delete irrelevant posts.

$10 Matchplay fee

Paid:

Veefore
Adlo
simmsy
NUFFIE
Pieface
Golfnut

Let the games begin!!!!

I better pay....and so should all you other bums. I thought I did this at Kwinana, but that's OK. ;)

Yossarian
11th December 2010, 12:06 AM
I thought I paid too.

Well done btw Mega.

idgolfguy
11th December 2010, 01:53 AM
Didn't realize I hadn't paid. Who do I owe.

MegaWatty
11th December 2010, 02:26 AM
Come to think of it, I may have used my last tenner to buy a beer at Kwinana. It was that hot!!!

I'll put the ten to Ads and he can work out the trophy/breakup of winnings.

Johnny Canuck
11th December 2010, 02:56 AM
i owe $5. yoss is covering my other $5 as i bought a raffle ticket for him.

TourFit
11th December 2010, 10:41 AM
I thought Yoss had all the tickets on himself...?