PDA

View Full Version : Week commencing 14th December 09

PeteyD
16th December 2009, 07:26 PM
38 Points, CCR means no change to handicrap. First round with no washes in a while. Few 1 pointers though. 30 putts, including a 4 putt (careless return tap ...). 7 Fairways, only a couple of Greens. Greens at Reddy Bay are finally recovering from the renos and starting to putt well.

Hux
16th December 2009, 07:38 PM
38 Points, CCR means no change to handicrap. First round with no washes in a while. Few 1 pointers though. 30 putts, including a 4 putt (careless return tap ...). 7 Fairways, only a couple of Greens. Greens at Reddy Bay are finally recovering from the renos and starting to putt well.

38 putts with a 4 putt is still a decent round though mate.

Your putting stats are good when you put that 4 putt into as well. Man I can only dream of that kind of putting.

PeteyD
16th December 2009, 07:42 PM
There was a 3 putt as well. I did drop a couple of bombs to make the stats better. You just have to remember the ball wants to go home :D

Hux
16th December 2009, 07:54 PM
Yeah mate it will come with time. It's something I need to work on but putting practice isn't as much fun as wacking balls.

Flavzz
16th December 2009, 11:43 PM
equaled my best at The Pat South today 81 (+9)(46 Stableford) off the blue markers with 29 putts including 2 3 putts :( .. Had 2 birdies which was nice. I thought I was on track to break 80 for the first time but double bogey on the 10th and 16th put an end to that.. Hit it as good as I ever have from tee to green..

My handicap came down 2.4 from 19.1 to 16.7 in one round lol...

Daves
17th December 2009, 08:25 AM
That is some round Flavzz!, nice shooting:smt038

Jarro
17th December 2009, 08:26 AM
What he said ^^^^

8)

Eag's
17th December 2009, 11:29 AM
Well done Flavzz.

Flavzz
17th December 2009, 12:26 PM
Cheers boys. It was very encouraging.. Any SA ozgolfers want to have a hit let me know.

ParMaster
17th December 2009, 12:58 PM
Very good round Flavzz. Keep it up.

Also I wonder if there are any other SA Ozgolfers.. You might be the only one. ;)

Flavzz
17th December 2009, 01:32 PM
Very good round Flavzz. Keep it up.

Also I wonder if there are any other SA Ozgolfers.. You might be the only one. ;)

Thanks mate. Yeah in beginning to think I'm flying solo here in SA. Oh well. After watching the Australian Open I'd love to play NSW with u if I ever got the chance. I don't really ever go to Sydney very often tho.

Cheers for the kind words.

oz
17th December 2009, 03:18 PM
38 pts (individual) in a team stablford event at the Wodonga Pro-Am this morning. 77 off the stick with a dumb 3 putt and an even dumber triple bogie 7. Conditions got really windy about half way through, and it was tough going over the final 9. Level par on the front was nice, though. Pro shot 76.

ParMaster
17th December 2009, 03:27 PM
Nicely played oz.

AndyP
17th December 2009, 05:00 PM
17/12/2009, McLeod GC, Stroke.

5/13 effective tee-shots.
5/18 effective approaches.
1/6 up and down successes.
36 putts.
--------------
1 birdie.
4 pars.
9 bogeys.
4 others.

Score 47-42-89 nett 77 (Par 37-34-71 ACR 71)

I thought the score would be a bit worse. It certainly felt like it.

My head wasn't in it today. I made some dumb decisions, missed some easy putts and didn't have any luck (not that I deserved it).

Next round: Either Saturday or Sunday on the Sunshine Coast, followed by The Vintage on Wednesday and Redcliffe on Thursday.

Daves
17th December 2009, 05:15 PM
Andy, I am sure it has been explained somewhere before but what are the definitions of "effective tee shot", and "effective approach"??

henno
17th December 2009, 05:18 PM
Oh here we go...

:razz:

AndyP
17th December 2009, 05:25 PM
Andy, I am sure it has been explained somewhere before but what are the definitions of "effective tee shot", and "effective approach"??Basically fairways hit and GIR, with the exception of shots that I deem to be to my advantage. Missing fairways in the right spots is effective. When there is no doubt that I'll be putting when greenside, such as on the fringe, then it's effective. As a result, I count those putts too.

Daves
17th December 2009, 05:27 PM
Basically fairways hit and GIR, with the exception of shots that I deem to be to my advantage. Missing fairways in the right spots is effective. When there is no doubt that I'll be putting when greenside, such as on the fringe, then it's effective. As a result, I count those putts too.

Ok, understand what you mean, thanks.

drnick
19th December 2009, 01:39 PM
Well, my mind was in it for the first nine holes then lost my way. :(

Yallourn with a nice amount of wind. 40 pts all up with a 24 + 16. I was 1 over the card after 7 and for the first time had a 3x in comp for nine with a 39. Could not repeat my play for the second 9 and lost it a little when one of my playing partners started talking during one of my drives. Oh well always next time.. I will keep a full round together one day.

S

PeteyD
19th December 2009, 01:45 PM
36 pts (for me) in an aggragate at reddy bay today. Stupid ball moved on the green on 11 after I addressed it, most annoying penalty in golf. Also had 2 in the piss around the course. Highlight was a sand save for par on 18, after plugging the ball in the face of the bunker.

Question: Ball in a pipe under a bridge. Hazard marks (red paint) exclude the bridge between 2 lakes. Ball rolls into pipe under the bridge so not within the boundaries of the hazard. (Pipes are 12" diameter). Is it a free drop (from the path that the bridge is) or not? I know if the bridge is integral to the hazard it isn't, but the marks mean the bridge was not part of the hazard.

Minor_Threat
19th December 2009, 01:48 PM
Single Stbleford @ Newcastle GC today.

Played a solid game for 36 pts off 1. Latest news is Newcastle GC has moved up to No.11 in Australia.

I thought I may have got 0.1 back before today to take me out to 2, but it is not looking that way!

9 greens
28 putts (1st time in a round at Newy I had no 3 putts)
8 / 14 fairways
4 birdies
5 bogies

Next game at Wallacia GC 22nd December.

Minor_Threat
19th December 2009, 01:50 PM
Question: Ball in a pipe under a bridge. Hazard marks (red paint) exclude the bridge between 2 lakes. Ball rolls into pipe under the bridge so not within the boundaries of the hazard. (Pipes are 12" diameter). Is it a free drop (from the path that the bridge is) or not? I know if the bridge is integral to the hazard it isn't, but the marks mean the bridge was not part of the hazard.
I would say you need to take an unplayable, as the ball is not actually lying on the path.

ParMaster
19th December 2009, 01:55 PM
Single Stbleford @ Newcastle GC today.

Played a solid game for 36 pts off 1. Latest news is Newcastle GC has moved up to No.11 in Australia.

I thought I may have got 0.1 back before today to take me out to 2, but it is not looking that way!

9 greens
28 putts (1st time in a round at Newy I had no 3 putts)
8 / 14 fairways
4 birdies
5 bogies

Next game at Wallacia GC 22nd December.

Nice round tommy.

Which holes did you birdie? Want a game at Newy between the 4th and 8th?

Minor_Threat
19th December 2009, 01:57 PM
Nice round tommy.

Which holes did you birdie?
Birdied 1, 2, 9 ,10.

Shotgun start today, started on the 2nd.

ParMaster
19th December 2009, 02:00 PM
10 and 1 are very good birdies.

Minor_Threat
19th December 2009, 02:03 PM
10 and 1 are very good birdies.
I have mastered 10 these days, birdied it the last 3 rounds.

3W over hill.
2I over next hill
30 - 60m pitch
1 putt

Courty
19th December 2009, 02:43 PM
I played in the individual stableford comp at Cairns GC this morning with the usual suspects (Haysey, Tomson & Solarman).

The monkey is finally off my back. I finally put it all together for 18 after so many months in the golfing wilderness. 41 pts with 3 1 pointers.

Ball-striking was superb (by comparison). The main thing that let me down was the putting. I didn't have any 3-putts and the second putts were mostly tap-ins, but I burned edges all day and probably missed 3 or 4 makeable birdie opportunities.

76 gross
41 pts

11 fairways
12 greens
33 putts

2 birdies
10 pars
6 bogies

Oh yeah, and I had 21 pts in the chook run yesterday arve. 8)

zacdullard
19th December 2009, 02:58 PM
I had a good round today in the stroke comp.

I shot 75 off the stick for a 63 net. (par 71).

9/13 fairways.
11 GIR.
30 putts.

3 birdies.
10 pars.
3 bogies.

I am very pleased with todays round. Unfortunately I wont lose much of my handicap because compulsory tee up has made the ccr be rather low.

ParMaster
19th December 2009, 03:21 PM
Yeah like 6 below the par! What a freakin joke.

Great round zac. How long till they stop the tee up crap?

idgolfguy
19th December 2009, 05:45 PM
Saturday morning at the Vines - 39 pts. 17 on the front and 22 on the back. Usual story - three double and one triple.

Hux
19th December 2009, 06:01 PM
Bribie Island, single Stab. 36pts- 21/15. Good round ruined by 2 wipes on both par 5's on the back nine and 3x 1pt holes. No birdies either.

Unsurprisingly all 5 bad holes were where the tee shots was ineffective. 3 x driver, 1 x 3 wood, 1 x 7 iron. Short game was a bit dodgy, iron play was generally excellent - putting slightly better at 36putts.

Had my longest ever drive at Bribie, only slight tail wind. Measured at 285m with GPS on the 11th.

Ned
19th December 2009, 06:18 PM
Mareeba GC Single Stroke.

NKJ's first competiton round, Ill let him post about it later.

49/41 - 90/79

FIR - 8/14
GIR - 1/18
Putts - 30 (1 x 4 and 1 x 3 putt)
OOB - 1
Birdies - 2
Par's - 5
Bogeys - 6
Double Bogeys - 2
Other - 3
Chip In's - 2

AndyP
19th December 2009, 06:28 PM
Well, my mind was in it for the first nine holes then lost my way. :(Really? There's nothing wrong with a solid 16 points after a good nine. Well done.

Nice one, Courty. I hope you back it up with another good one.

Zac, 4 over is good regardless of the CCR. You're on fire!

Ned
19th December 2009, 06:33 PM
Well done Courty, keep that form up for Solarman next week!!!!!!:smt038

I played in the individual stableford comp at Cairns GC this morning with the usual suspects (Haysey, Tomson & Solarman).

The monkey is finally off my back. I finally put it all together for 18 after so many months in the golfing wilderness. 41 pts with 3 1 pointers.

Ball-striking was superb (by comparison). The main thing that let me down was the putting. I didn't have any 3-putts and the second putts were mostly tap-ins, but I burned edges all day and probably missed 3 or 4 makeable birdie opportunities.

76 gross
41 pts

11 fairways
12 greens
33 putts

2 birdies
10 pars
6 bogies

haysey
19th December 2009, 06:50 PM

Should be an interesting matchup. Both players coming off good scores. I think the links will suit the lower marker however. Specially with Solarmans dodgy putting.

Well played today Count.

senecio
19th December 2009, 07:00 PM
38 points today, 76 off the stick. It felt great as I have been hitting the ball well over the last few weeks, but failing to make a score.

Would you believe my highlight was making a 6 on the par 5 16th. After going OOB off the tee i birdied it with the second ball for 1 point. It kept a wash off the card and was the difference between 38 points and 35.

Dazza
19th December 2009, 07:36 PM
First round in Townsville. Hacked it about Willows golf resort for a 101 off the stick. Included a 10 on a Par 3. Went from one bunker to the other! Not used to so many bunkers, need to really focus on this part of my game. Only had a handful at Bowen!
A few moments of brilliance, but the rest was ordinary to say the least! You can tell I haven't played any golf for a fair while, couldn't sink anything on the greens!
Course was very dry, excellent run on the drives! :D

henno
19th December 2009, 07:40 PM
Chip In's - 2

Isn't every putt a chip-in for you? ;)

Ned
19th December 2009, 07:43 PM
Isn't every putt a chip-in for you? ;)

Yes well the ones on the actual putting surface were not that flash either.:oops:

AndyP
19th December 2009, 07:50 PM
19/12/2009, Headland GC, Stableford.

10/14 effective tee-shots.
3/18 effective approaches.
3/11 up and down successes.
30 putts.
--------------
1 eagle.
1 birdie.
5 pars.
8 bogeys.
3 others.

Score 40-43-83 stab 20-17-37pts (Par 36-36-72 CCR 72)

I'm not sure where my game is at right now. Am I about to start shooting low? Or will it turn to crap? Bits and pieces of my game seem to be working, but I can't get all of it going at once.

The irons were the missing link today. I missed both ways.

I think I fixed the putting, by not thinking about it and just hitting to the target.

It was a scratchy start to the round, and I felt a unsettled/rushed playing with some old members. I got the round going with a run of 3pt par, 4pt birdie, 2pt par, 5pt eagle on hole 4 through to 7. There was nothing special afterwards, but it was solid.

I'm very dirty on the wipe on 18. Here's a pic of the green.
http://www.headlandgolfclub.com.au/headlandgolf/images/stories/18th%20green%20aerial.jpg
I managed to clear the "Valley of Death", but only just. However, it rolled back into a hole several centimetres deep against the sleepers. The rules say they are "an integral part of the course", so I wasn't allowed a drop and had to take an unplayable. Not happy, Jan. I couldn't get up and down.

Anywho, it's my first handicap chop for a few months (12.1 -> 11.9) and I got my first eagle, so it's hard to complain.

Next round: Hopefully at The Vintage on Wednesday this week.

sms316
19th December 2009, 07:57 PM
What is Headland like Andy? The Qld Medal is there next year.

Eag's
19th December 2009, 08:22 PM
Nice shooting Courty, Zac and Senecio. :smt038
Congrats on your first Eagle AP :smt023

Daves
19th December 2009, 08:55 PM

x 2:smt038:smt038

SeldomEagles
19th December 2009, 11:00 PM
Steaming pile of bat poop 26 points today. Including a 25 metre chip in for a 2 for 4 and a 4 for 4 par. Shows how bat crap the rest of the round was!! Got there early hit a small warm up bucket, spent time chipping and putting. Screw that get there 5 minutes before tee time, drink 2 Red Bull and go to the first and belt it!!!

AndyP
19th December 2009, 11:11 PM
What is Headland like Andy? The Qld Medal is there next year.Usually good, but I got a shock when I got to the carpark to see yellow grass everywhere. They haven't been watering the fairways and have been playing preferred lies on the close mown areas. It is so dry. I can't believe how much of a change it is from earlier in the year. The greens are fine though (with the exception of a couple of GUR patches on 8 that I had to deal with).

When is the medal? I have played the Easter Open (36 holes) there the last 5 years and intend to do so again. You could join me then.

ParMaster
19th December 2009, 11:12 PM
Mareeba GC Single Stroke.

NKJ's first competiton round, Ill let him post about it later.

Good on little ned. Looking forward to reading about it.

And nice amount of chip-ins you got there Ned. :)

adlo
19th December 2009, 11:24 PM
2 rounds for me this week.

Thursday, Kennedy Bay, Blue tees with Yoss

34 points
10 Fairways
8 GIR
35 putts

I felt like I played very well and was disappointed with my score. I was working out my alignment issues with the longer clubs. This produced a few bad shots but results were very promising. I found quite a few pot bunkers which cost me dearly. Some bunkers had little to no sand and I was copping some very bad lies. Also had quite a few 1 putt opportunities shave the edge. Had a great day out.

Today, Wembley (Old), Christmas Cup (stroke)

82-nett 68 (CCR 68 ) 37/45

Started in fine fashion, 6 pars, 2 bogeys and 1 birdie for my equal best 9 ever. Lipped birdie on 9 then lipped bird again on 10 after almost driving the green. I thought "Its OK, you are 1 over through 10". Luck turned on 11, terrible bounce off a good drive and I was behind a tree. Thus begun my bad luck. The heat started to get to me and the fact we were a 2 ball final group (our playing partners left after 9 holes) following the rest of our club, we were waiting on every shot on the back 9. I totally lost my rhythm and went +8 through the last 6 holes.

I was gutted, I lost the Xmas Cup by 1 stroke. I was defending champ too :(

6 FIR
8 GIR
32 putts

ParMaster
19th December 2009, 11:28 PM
:cry:

Tough luck adlo. But you gotta accept that it's a freakin good F9 you had! :mrgreen:

WTH did your partners leave after 9? They should be crucified.

;)

adlo
19th December 2009, 11:30 PM
Long story short, we play a public course on Saturdays and we were the final 2 ball, got paired with 2 general public. One of them had their girlfriend pull the red flag on the back 9. I was gutted. I always enjoying having people to chat with to take my mind off the score when I am playing well. Plus the fact we then waited on every shot in 36-37 degree heat didn't help.

It was all between the ears for me today. 3 or 4 bad bounces just added insult to injury.

Was stoked with 37 F9 though.

Yossarian
20th December 2009, 03:50 AM
Sorry mate, would have much rather been playing golf than cricket. 37 is very tidy!

BrisVegas
20th December 2009, 09:09 AM
Monthly medal off the plates in 100% humidity. 81 gross for 73 nett. CCR was 73. handicap stays on 7.5.

9 Fairways
7 GIR
32 putts.

Scrambled pretty well on the front 9 for 3 over. Missed everything on the back 9 and even managed a cold top and a shank. Course is in great nik, no excuses.

Coffs_Hacker
20th December 2009, 09:30 AM
33pts with a gazzillion putts (missed 2 from 6inches). Rest of the game was pretty nice.

8fir
8gir
38putts

Hux
20th December 2009, 10:19 AM

76 gross
41 pts

11 fairways
12 greens
33 putts

2 birdies
10 pars
6 bogies

Good stats mate. Thats the bit that shows how well you were hitting the ball.

Courty
20th December 2009, 12:53 PM
Nice one, Courty. I hope you back it up with another good one.

Well played today Count.

x 2:smt038:smt038

Good stats mate. Thats the bit that shows how well you were hitting the ball.

Thanks guys. It is such a weight off my shoulders after trying so damn hard to sort it all out.

BrisVegas
20th December 2009, 12:59 PM
good shooting courty. about time you got back to the scores you should be shooting. :wink:

oz
20th December 2009, 03:21 PM
3 birdies, 2 doubles, 4 bogies - for a 75. 38 pts at Albury Commercial yesterday. Had the makings of a really good round, but lost my way in the middle of the round again.

Daves
20th December 2009, 03:22 PM
36 pts (for me) in an aggragate at reddy bay today. Stupid ball moved on the green on 11 after I addressed it, most annoying penalty in golf. Also had 2 in the piss around the course. Highlight was a sand save for par on 18, after plugging the ball in the face of the bunker.

Bad luck there Petey. A ball moving on the temp 11th does not surprise me, it is bloody spongy and lumpy in places.

Which hole did the ball end up in a pipe? Have to agree MT, can't see that a player would get relief in that situation unfortunately.

PeteyD
20th December 2009, 03:26 PM
16. Don't ask how it got there. Difficult to locate a decision, as it is not an irrigation pipe (which there are decisions about) and not part of the hazard. Closest I could find is penalty as the pipe begins in the hazard.

senecio
20th December 2009, 04:20 PM
Monthly medal off the plates in 100% humidity. 81 gross for 73 nett. CCR was 73. handicap stays on 7.5.

9 Fairways
7 GIR
32 putts.

Scrambled pretty well on the front 9 for 3 over. Missed everything on the back 9 and even managed a cold top and a shank. Course is in great nik, no excuses.

Just flicked through the paper and see you got done on a count back. Still thinking about those missed opportunities on the back nine?

I just got a call from the club. On top of my 38 points, I also won a leg of ham in the draw. Great day all round. :)

Jumping in the car to collect now, we hadn't planned anything for dinner.

Bruce
20th December 2009, 05:14 PM
There's some good shootin' going on this week.

I shot the worst 43 points you've ever seen today at Beacon Hills. Off the tee I was terrible but managed to stay in play by being short as well as wayward.

Holed out from about 70m for a birdie on the 4th, chipped in on the 11th for par.
I'll be kicking myself for the soft double on the 6th and bogey on 16 when I missed the GIR by 1m as I shot 80 today. A new personal best but I really should have shot 70-something for the first time in my life.

I should probably be happier.

Ned
20th December 2009, 05:45 PM
Mareeba GC - Single Stableford

NKJ's 2nd round of comp....................trust me he will be on later to post to his hearts content about the "result".:roll:

Anyway the sad news continues and the included foto sums up how good my day was. (My tee shot on the 4th hole, the fence is actually a safety barrier next to the tee)

31 Points (15/16)

FIR - 6/14
GIR - 3/18
Putts - 32 (Yes actually used the putter as the new Vokey SM isn't as good as its predecessor)
OOB's - 1
Wipes - 2

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_vW-f8QS75wg/Sy3GkRfEkpI/AAAAAAAAAj0/FDgFktrGewE/fENCE.jpg

Hux
20th December 2009, 06:18 PM
Is that water Ned? So at least it saved you from going in the p155.

So Jack did you eh....what was the bet? Must be humbling to have your ass handed to you by a kid in his 2nd comp round :-)

sms316
20th December 2009, 07:35 PM
When is the medal? I have played the Easter Open (36 holes) there the last 5 years and intend to do so again. You could join me then.
The last week in April. If I manage to get through the Amateur (matchplay) is at Pacific Harbour.

Easter is a distinct possibility. I'll probably head up there a couple of times to play their open comp as well.

sms316
20th December 2009, 07:37 PM
Anyway the sad news continues and the included foto sums up how good my day was. (My tee shot on the 4th hole, the fence is actually a safety barrier next to the tee)

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_vW-f8QS75wg/Sy3GkRfEkpI/AAAAAAAAAj0/FDgFktrGewE/fENCE.jpg
The obvious question needs to be asked - did this drive get past the red tee markers?

:lol:

Ned
20th December 2009, 07:49 PM
Is that water Ned? So at least it saved you from going in the p155.

So Jack did you eh....what was the bet? Must be humbling to have your ass handed to you by a kid in his 2nd comp round :-)

No, barrier for shots off the 5th tee.

Wont be the last time he does it, but the best bit will be when he carves you up!!!!!!!:mrgreen:

Ned
20th December 2009, 07:50 PM
The obvious question needs to be asked - did this drive get past the red tee markers?

:lol:

Combined tees Slim Jim!!!!!:mrgreen:

NKJ
20th December 2009, 09:56 PM
Played yesterday in a single stroke comp with Dad, Blunty and Robbie Owens.

Was my first competiton and I was really nervous.

Had 137 which has been my worst score since I started playing.

I beat Dad today by three points.:mrgreen: I played better today then yesterday, I kept lifting my head but eventually I stopped.

My score today was 34 points and I played with Blunty again and JP (Johnny Parker) a really nice old guy.

My putting and driving was better, I still have difficulty with chipping and short shots.

Playing with the Veterans on Tuesday and Wez Hodi (Dad's best mate).

BrisVegas
20th December 2009, 10:20 PM
Just flicked through the paper and see you got done on a count back. Still thinking about those missed opportunities on the back nine?

I just got a call from the club. On top of my 38 points, I also won a leg of ham in the draw. Great day all round. :)

Jumping in the car to collect now, we hadn't planned anything for dinner.
Ahh ****

Bruce Dickinson
21st December 2009, 11:21 AM
a typical 11 handicapper 37 points
- five birdies including 3 two's
- seven 1 pointers
- 3 lost balls
- and choked the guts out of the last two holes for 1 point

TourFit
21st December 2009, 12:33 PM
FINALLY...

Had a decent round yesterday. Still hooking my irons, and hitting them longer too. Missed a lot of greens off the back. Not the thing to do at my course!!!

40 pts (1 wipe & 3 x 1pt'ers)
8/14 FW's
6/18 Greens :shock:
28 Putts

Included finishing with a birdie 4 (for 4pts) to take the nine, the match and the money !!! 8)

ParMaster
21st December 2009, 01:28 PM
Nicely played TF.

NKJ
22nd December 2009, 05:09 PM
Played the worst game of golf today 17 points but pulled through at the end though.

Have a good Christamas everyone:smt114

Dotty
22nd December 2009, 05:22 PM
Played the worst game of golf today 17 points but pulled through at the end though.

Have a good Christamas everyone:smt114
Merry Xmas, NKJ, and I hope Santa brings you a calendar. :razz:

ps. You should be like the rest of us. Only post in HDYSTW, when the score is above 36, or you beat an Ozgolfer.

damoocow
22nd December 2009, 05:38 PM
Usually good, but I got a shock when I got to the carpark to see yellow grass everywhere. They haven't been watering the fairways and have been playing preferred lies on the close mown areas. It is so dry. I can't believe how much of a change it is from earlier in the year. The greens are fine though (with the exception of a couple of GUR patches on 8 that I had to deal with).

Played Headland today [ a mate had a free game voucher] - the course condition [discounting the greens] was ridiculous - was the eighth the green with all the sand on it ? - fairways were abysmal and that I can deal with in the present lack of water situation but what was silly was the fact that they have heavily watered the green surrounds and it is so soft and thick that it makes no sense compared to the rest of the course - you can't run any shots up to the greens. Apparently $45 is the going rate to play there - your head would need examining if you paid even half that.

AndyP
22nd December 2009, 05:46 PM
The 8th had some GUR on the right hand side. I was dirty on it because I was deemed to be just off the green although the line wasn't clear, so I couldn't move and place, and had to putt through it or attempt to chip over it. I failed.
I don't recall sand all over any green.

The front of the greens would allow a running shot from memory, but the rough was pretty thick everywhere else around it. I wouldn't bother trying to run it on a lot of those greens as several are elevated.

I wouldn't pay $45 for it either (or many other local Sunshine Coast courses). I paid $29.50 incl comp fee and pro pin fee, which is fine.

Did you eagle the 7th?