PDA

View Full Version : lowballing

zigwah
14th December 2009, 11:32 PM
When does lowballing become a shitty thing to do? serious question.

just taking into account some low balling going on.

I was offered 100 bux for my kbs tours that are basically new.

When is it ok to tell someone to get ****ed?

adlo
14th December 2009, 11:37 PM
When is it ok to tell someone to get ****ed?

This would be a good time to do so:

Some lowball offers are offensive. I think the above offer is one of those.

Yossarian
14th December 2009, 11:38 PM
Agreed, that is a little low.

TheNuclearOne
14th December 2009, 11:39 PM
Drive it into em Ziggy!!!!

Eldrick
14th December 2009, 11:40 PM
including postage?

Scottt
14th December 2009, 11:42 PM
To be fair to lowballs - they are an offer. You are no worse off being offered $100 than not getting an offer. If you are really desperate you can sell, if not you can ignore or negotiate.

I know people get all offended about them, but they are often the same people who continually want overs for their used gear.

Still, I think the lowballer generally knows abuse is possible, so it's just an occupational hazard of the Ho.

I lowballed 3 on a 2ball one day at ISG and his reply was pretty funny :lol:

zigwah
14th December 2009, 11:44 PM
i'm all for getting a good deal but thats just rediculous, I like a quick sale but i'm not that desperate to sell something

zigwah
14th December 2009, 11:45 PM
To be fair to lowballs - they are an offer. You are no worse off being offered $100 than not getting an offer. If you are really desperate you can sell, if not you can ignore or negotiate.

I know people get all offended about them, but they are often the same people who continually want overs for their used gear.

Still, I think the lowballer generally knows abuse is possible, so it's just an occupational hazard of the Ho.

I lowballed 3 on a 2ball one day at ISG and his reply was pretty funny :lol:

I don't think i'm asking overs, try and find a better price on the net, the guy that selss them here in oz is 250

markTHEblake
14th December 2009, 11:49 PM

Ignore them, first to comment on the lowball loses. Its like the silent pause in an argument.

If they are a genuine buyer, they will up the ante, if not, you have lost nothing.

zigwah
14th December 2009, 11:50 PM
Ignore them, first to comment on the lowball loses. Its like the silent pause in an argument.

If they are a genuine buyer, they will up the ante, if not, you have lost nothing.

fair enough

TourFit
14th December 2009, 11:54 PM
Or tell them that you will not accept anything less than your offer...

...and then see if anyone highballs it!!! :mrgreen:

markTHEblake
14th December 2009, 11:54 PM
$110, including shipping.

f00re
14th December 2009, 11:56 PM
What is offensive, is when you buy a driver shaft of someone, When it comes it isn't exactly as you thought (weird tip size of 0.350 not disclosed). Then when you try and sell it for the same cost as you bought it. The guy that you originally buy it off offers 25% under that! made my blood boil!!!!!!!!

zigwah
14th December 2009, 11:57 PM
Or tell them that you will not accept anything less than your offer...

...and then see if anyone highballs it!!! :mrgreen:

like that would happen here :)

$110, including shipping.

hmmmmm do i tell you to get ****ed?

Hmmmm that depends if your playing murwillembah :)

zigwah
14th December 2009, 11:58 PM
What is offensive, is when you buy a driver shaft of someone, When it comes it isn't exactly as you thought (weird tip size of 0.350 not disclosed). Then when you try and sell it for the same cost as you bought it. The guy that you originally buy it off offers 25% under that! made my blood boil!!!!!!!!

yup thats a bit rude

adlo
15th December 2009, 12:06 AM
Agreed, that is a little low.

:lol:

Where is old man river?

Yossarian
15th December 2009, 12:06 AM
:lol:

Where is old man river?

Great success! That was for you simmsy.

Johnny Canuck
15th December 2009, 12:17 AM

exactly zig. if it's way too low, ignore it all together.

if it's respectable, politely decline.

LarryLong
15th December 2009, 07:42 AM
Tell 'im he's dreamin'

Webster
15th December 2009, 07:54 AM
Lowballing is not a sin.

Zig, if nobody wants them at your asking price, then you are asking too much, hence the lower offer. Any seller who is offended by a lowball offer should imediately withdraw the item from sale and put it on ebay. If you want the best price the Ozgolf pro shop is the wrong place for your goods.

Put your KBS shafts on ebay and I will be them up to $100 for you - any more is a bonus.

henno
15th December 2009, 07:59 AM
Damn, first petethepilot doesn't accept my offer for his putter and now zig has turned down my $100 offer for the shafts.

;-)

Jarro
15th December 2009, 08:33 AM
$100 for those shafts is way too low Zigmeister.

Work out your absolute lowest price and don't consider any offers below that.

3oneday
15th December 2009, 08:39 AM
If you want the best price the Ozgolf pro shop is the wrong place for your goods.
Thus ends the sermon.

Money back at absolute best but I would expect to at least take a 20 to 30% loss by selling something here. This is the last resort hotel, if you like :), it shouldn't be the first place you turn unless you are sick of something and want to off it.

just
15th December 2009, 09:22 AM
Lowballing is not a sin.

Zig, if nobody wants them at your asking price, then you are asking too much, hence the lower offer. Any seller who is offended by a lowball offer should imediately withdraw the item from sale and put it on ebay. If you want the best price the Ozgolf pro shop is the wrong place for your goods.

Put your KBS shafts on ebay and I will be them up to $100 for you - any more is a bonus.
What he said.

Thus ends the sermon.
Money back at absolute best but I would expect to at least take a 20 to 30% loss by selling something here. This is the last resort hotel, if you like :), it shouldn't be the first place you turn unless you are sick of something and want to off it.
Fair enough if you want to make a profit but not everyone does.

Bottom line is don't get offended by lowballs just ignore or politely decline. I offer stuff at cheap prices and still get lowballs, I don't get offended.

3oneday
15th December 2009, 09:24 AM
Money back at absolute best

Fair enough if you want to make a profit but not everyone does..
you shouldn't set out to do any better than break even, anything more is profiteering from mates.

just
15th December 2009, 09:28 AM
Agree with that Pete.

kpac
15th December 2009, 09:48 AM
Too true 3/just.
Zig this isn't the place to sell if you're looking to get market value for clubs. Everything i've bought on here i've bought for myself or a friend because the prices are good and the people here need to get rid of it.
Prime example was a set of iron i bought on here around 6 months ago. Paid stuff all for them, and didn't like them, i'm sure i could have made $$ if i'd put them on the bay, but stuck them back here and sold for less than i paid for them.
The moral is, this pro shop isn't for profit or even cost covering. It's in good faith when people dont want the hassle of ebay and have gear that they no longer need.

Because of this - it is a fantastic forum to buy and sell gear.
Your $100 might be under value, but i've seen bigger bargains go through this pro shop!

Hamo84
15th December 2009, 10:33 AM
lowballing happens..... up to you how you take it or accept it.

I have a problem however, with people questioning if items in the proshop are genuine though but thats another story

Scottt
15th December 2009, 10:36 AM
To be fair HMA, that's to be expected when the seller has only been here five minutes. I doubt anyone would ever question the validity of 3, Prci or even Jack or my goods, because we have a track record.

Hamo84
15th December 2009, 10:37 AM
To be fair HMA, that's to be expected when you have only been here five minutes.

I have only been in here 5 mins??

sorry mate, just saw your post change after i put this up

Hamo84
15th December 2009, 10:38 AM
To be fair HMA, that's to be expected when the seller has only been here five minutes. I doubt anyone would ever question the validity of 3, Prci or even Jack or my goods, because we have a track record.

well considering the amount of things I have sold as well it really gives me the S$$ts to have my stuff questioned.

Scottt
15th December 2009, 10:38 AM
Well, yeah, more or less, but I was referring to sellers generally, hence the edit.

Scottt
15th December 2009, 10:43 AM
well considering the amount of things I have sold as well it really gives me the S$$ts to have my stuff questioned.

Fair, but a seller could join here with a garage full of counterfeit gear and sell a lot of things, but still not be straight. It's more a matter of it coming known that others have bought gear from you and it was as described and legit, and it flows from there. These things take time, as trust often does.

As much as some people on here might not be that fond of me as a poster or whatever, I'd like to think they know if I have goods for sale, they are getting what I advertised, as I advertised it (and perhaps with a free "special" DVD thrown in if I am a bit slow on postage...)

3oneday
15th December 2009, 10:45 AM
I think generally the "is it legit" questions come from newbies, I still get asked the same question :).

Scottt
15th December 2009, 10:47 AM
That's because your prices are sofa king low, 3. How can it be legit at those prices?! :lol: If you don't remember I lowballed you on that 2-ball that went to Thommo when I was a newb at ISG...

3oneday
15th December 2009, 10:48 AM
What was my response ?

Scottt
15th December 2009, 10:50 AM
I don't recall, it was firm though. Then when I then listed something you offered me five bottle caps and half a bottle of powerade or something like that :lol:

Webster
15th December 2009, 10:56 AM
Buyers can ask whatever the hell they want about anything sold in the pro shop here. Its a free market. If you dont like the question or the price offer then tough luck, just dont sell it.

But don't carry on like a soft **** precious little wussy boy.

zigwah
15th December 2009, 01:47 PM
no ones carrying on Jack?

Nor do i wan't to make a handsome profit, as i said if you can get them cheaper elsewhere buy them because they are a bargain.

100 bux, well thats just daylight robbery.

Webster
15th December 2009, 01:54 PM
whats your best offer so far on them Zigstein?

Hamo84
15th December 2009, 02:15 PM
Buyers can ask whatever the hell they want about anything sold in the pro shop here. Its a free market. If you dont like the question or the price offer then tough luck, just dont sell it.

Wouldnt say I carried on like tht Jack, and yes I understand that the buyer can ask what they want. But having said that I was just taken aback by being asked that question... I wouldnt ever buy fake stuff let alone sell it to others... esp for that sorta money

in any case I do see your point.

Hamish

zigwah
15th December 2009, 03:19 PM
Lowballing is not a sin.

whats your best offer so far on them Zigstein?

100 bux, but that doesn't matter really. Because i would rather use them as tomato stakes than sell them for that, just on principle

3oneday
15th December 2009, 03:36 PM
Maybe your mate giddyupgaz could chuck in the other hungy ?

zigwah
15th December 2009, 03:38 PM
haven't seen him in a fair while.

Yossarian
15th December 2009, 03:42 PM
haven't seen him in a fair while.

:-k

zigwah
15th December 2009, 03:47 PM
??

bebo
15th December 2009, 03:49 PM

I am with you Jack. Personally I cannot believe such topic is worth while to discuss. You don't like the offer, ignore it. It's not like they saying something about your mama.

adlo
15th December 2009, 03:51 PM
Maybe your mate giddyupgaz could chuck in the other hungy ?

:-k

??

His name is mud, he shafted Pieface on a putter. Took his money and never followed through with the putter, he has not been seen on this forum since. Dodgy bastard.

Yossarian
15th December 2009, 03:52 PM
What adlo said. If you do happen to bump into him zigwah maybe you could ask him about the ping putter he owes pieface.

Jarro
15th December 2009, 03:52 PM
Very poor form that :smt011

adlo
15th December 2009, 03:55 PM
Tell me about it.

I also know he posts on tgf.com, so I PM him over there. Guess what? He hasn't posted or logged since over there either.

No response to emails either.

Pieface
15th December 2009, 05:09 PM
Bastard is probably a Collingwood fan too :smt078

talbo
15th December 2009, 06:08 PM
Or more likely a Port Power supporter!

zigwah
15th December 2009, 06:32 PM
hope he didnt kick it.

I'll ask the at the golf course, see if he has been there.
Didn't seem dodgy

adlo
15th December 2009, 06:37 PM
Surely the guy can put an item in the mail or simply return his $$.

Pieface found his phone number and even tried calling without reply. What a dodgy bugger. And you will never meet a more gentle giant than Pieface. Lucky he isn't getting fired up too bad!!

zigwah
15th December 2009, 06:40 PM
has anyone got in contact with him at all?

TourFit
15th December 2009, 06:40 PM
Maybe that's his problem...doesn't get fired up enough :mrgreen:

After the way he played Sunday, he didn't even look pissed off !!! No potential helicoptering of clubs looked on the cards at all. If it had been me, half of them may well have ended up in 2 pieces !!!

Scottt
15th December 2009, 06:50 PM
I think a few of the TGF guys know him, perhaps including Jack through horseracing??

KristianJ
15th December 2009, 06:54 PM
Zig, take them to the Bay and put up a Buy It Now or Best Offer. Either that, or say in your ad that your asking price is firm. I agree with Jack...if you don't like the offer, ignore it, or say no.

Either way, my principle doesn't include using shafts/clubs/whatever in fruit and vegetable growing as an alternative to selling.

Pieface
15th December 2009, 06:55 PM
Maybe that's his problem...doesn't get fired up enough :mrgreen:

After the way he played Sunday, he didn't even look pissed off !!! No potential helicoptering of clubs looked on the cards at all. If it had been me, half of them may well have ended up in 2 pieces !!!

I'm not good enough to get angry...yet! :lol:

As to this turkey and the putter...no point giving anyone apart from the him a spray. Still waters run deep and all that :twisted:

Zig I spoke to him via email several times before and after the payment went through. Then he disappeared and no club. Looks like he dodged off that other forum when Adlo PM'd him about it too....cockroach.

zigwah
15th December 2009, 06:57 PM
whats the commission on getting the money back? Or would you prefer the putter?

Do you have an address?

Pieface
15th December 2009, 07:02 PM
Commission? I promise not to lowball any of your pro-shop threads :)

Cash back would be the preferred option!

zacdullard
15th December 2009, 07:04 PM
Detective Zig is on the case.

adlo
15th December 2009, 07:04 PM
I think a few of the TGF guys know him, perhaps including Jack through horseracing??

I was going to name and shame at TGF, but thought a PM would be the best and most diplomatic 1st move. The fact he has disappeared over there for a month since that PM only confirms he is running from this.

A public name and shame is no good if he refuses to log on the forum and see what is going on.

I'm not good enough to get angry...yet! :lol:

As to this turkey and the putter...no point giving anyone apart from the him a spray. Still waters run deep and all that :twisted:

Zig I spoke to him via email several times before and after the payment went through. Then he disappeared and no club. Looks like he dodged off that other forum when Adlo PM'd him about it too....cockroach.

Yeah, worst form from any forum member I have ever seen. So sorry it was your 1st purchase Pieface.

zigwah
15th December 2009, 07:05 PM
well i gotta drive 15 minutes to the town he lives in then have to pursuade him to pay the money (this is not a threat of violence) do you have an address?

Webster
15th December 2009, 07:17 PM

wrong. you just made that up didn't you?

shazza_rs
15th December 2009, 07:27 PM
wouldn't be the first time would it?

Johnny Canuck
15th December 2009, 07:27 PM
here we go again.

Scottt
15th December 2009, 07:28 PM
Boo hoo, Shaz.

Jack, you fellas have discussed racing a decent amount on TGF and I thought you knew each other, so shoot me. FFS...

BrisWesty
15th December 2009, 07:29 PM
I think I lowballed PeteyD for the kiddie clubs (gratis), but they were too small for the girls, so I passed them onto AndyP for the same price ;-)

Webster
15th December 2009, 07:31 PM
Jack, you fellas have discussed racing a decent amount on TGF and I thought you knew each other, so shoot me. FFS...

Someone please hand me a gun / bow and arrow etc....

jaybam
15th December 2009, 07:31 PM
Cant beleive some one would sell themselves out for $100. How bad must things be if you are prepared to do that?? No excuse for it.

zigwah
15th December 2009, 07:44 PM
Cant beleive some one would sell themselves out for $100. How bad must things be if you are prepared to do that?? No excuse for it.

yeah pretty bad for a hungy.

Anyone like to buy a set of brand new miura blades and wedges also a lajosi putter.

Scottt
15th December 2009, 07:47 PM
Someone please hand me a gun / bow and arrow etc....

Only if you promise to do your best Kurt Cobain impersonation.

Webster
15th December 2009, 07:56 PM
and play the guitar left handed?

peter_rs
15th December 2009, 08:45 PM
low ball away it is only an offer.

Don't low ball after your offer has been accepted.

zigwah
15th December 2009, 08:53 PM
i have no problem with asking a lower price 20 30 40 or even 50 depending on the price, theres a difference between lowball and **** me over ball

Sydney Hacker
15th December 2009, 08:56 PM
i have no problem with asking a lower price 20 30 40 or even 50 depending on the price, theres a difference between lowball and **** me over ball

No I think there is a difference between a lowball and someone who has read your previous for sale threads and thought they may as well chance their arm...

Or they were just ****ing with you to see what would happen !

3oneday
15th December 2009, 08:57 PM
low ball away it is only an offer.

Don't low ball after your offer has been accepted.

sorry ? Offer accepted and then you offer less ? Who does that ?????

zigwah
15th December 2009, 09:00 PM
No I think there is a difference between a lowball and someone who has read your previous for sale threads and thought they may as well chance their arm...

Or they were just ****ing with you to see what would happen !

maybe

Fishman Dan
15th December 2009, 09:13 PM
I've always said buying golf clubs on the internet is dodgy.

peter_rs
15th December 2009, 09:22 PM
sorry ? Offer accepted and then you offer less ? Who does that ?????

it happens

AlexMc
15th December 2009, 10:33 PM
Lowballing is fine, but be upfront about it. I was asked a little while what I wanted for a putter. I told him, he asked for photos and said the putter quality was fine and in line with how I described it. Then (in our 4th email) he said he'd only be prepared to spend about 75% of what I wanted on a putter.

If he had no intention on spending the money that I was asking, why dick me around asking for photos? If he was up front and asked whether there was any chance I'd sell for the price he was prepared to pay I would have told him no and I could have gone on to the next potential buyer...

I suggested pretty bluntly that it was a great display of lowballing and he'd go great in the pro shop. Funnily enough there was no reply...

Johnny Canuck
15th December 2009, 10:53 PM
don't be so negative zig.

don't think of it as you being ****ed over. think of it as helping a fellow forum member out and giving them a great deal!

zigwah
15th December 2009, 10:56 PM
i say i said look at me when i'm ****in ya boy lol

zigwah
15th December 2009, 10:57 PM
it already is a good deal