PDA

View Full Version : Brisbane mid-week comps.

pom
14th December 2009, 09:04 PM
Will be in Brisbane,( Albany Creek area ) For most of January & will be looking for a couple of Mid-week competitions to play in without travelling too far. Lived in Brissie some years ago so I sort of Know my way around. Any Suggestions would be most welcome.

-----------------
AndyP edit

Bribie, Dec 30, Scores
1. Daves 31pts
2. Pom 29pts
3. Henno 29pts
4. Hux 28pts

Daves
14th December 2009, 09:13 PM
Have a look here Pom.

http://www.ozgolf.net/forums/showthread.php?t=473

pom
14th December 2009, 09:19 PM
Thanks Muchly for that Daves. It will be a great help.

ddasey
14th December 2009, 09:25 PM
Pom

Let us know the dates you will be in Brissie.

I am sure a few of us locals would be more the keen for a hit with you.

pom
14th December 2009, 09:40 PM
Pom

Let us know the dates you will be in Brissie.

I am sure a few of us locals would be more the keen for a hit with you.
Whereabouts do you play?
Got a round sorted with Daves early Jan, But after that will be in town till Australia day holiday. Got to arrange a couple of rounds with the son-in- law but would love to play a couple more courses I have not played.

AndyP
14th December 2009, 10:27 PM
Redcliffe is a great option for midweek comps. Virginia on the Tuesday is up that way too.

Rusty
16th December 2009, 11:27 AM
which courses have/haven't you played? (whichever is the easier list)

Jarro
16th December 2009, 11:35 AM
I can take you for a hit around Nudgee if you like, i'll be on holidays then 8)

pom
16th December 2009, 04:55 PM
which courses have/haven't you played? (whichever is the easier list)
Reasonable list either way. Starting from the northern end I have played Pelican Waters, Beerwah. Pacific Harbour. Caboolture, Woodford, Northlakes,Pine Rivers, Nudgee, Wantima, Carbrook, & Windaroo. Good possibility I have missed a couple .

pom
16th December 2009, 05:01 PM
I can take you for a hit around Nudgee if you like, i'll be on holidays then 8)
Appreciate the Offer Jarro. Will not know until I arrive in Brisbane ,( Late Dec,) Exactly what I am doing when. But if I get half a chance I will have another go at Nudgee. Last time it was Raining.:neutral:

Rusty
16th December 2009, 05:06 PM
in that case, if you were after somewhere you hadn't played, i'd go in order Redcliffe, Virginia, Gailes, maybe Oxley. the last 2 getting a bit further away. though my preference would be Gailes before Virginia simply for the undulations.

Jarro
16th December 2009, 05:08 PM
If you wanted to arrange a hit at Redcliffe i'd be keen to play there also ;)

pom
16th December 2009, 05:40 PM
Another course I have Meant to play & have not got around to. Will let you know soonest on the Redcliffe idea. Very Keen.
How long are you on Holidays?

ddasey
16th December 2009, 06:07 PM

If my roster allows for it, I would be keen for this too....

Jarro
16th December 2009, 06:09 PM
Another course I have Meant to play & have not got around to. Will let you know soonest on the Redcliffe idea. Very Keen.
How long are you on Holidays?

2 weeks starting Dec 30 8-)

razaar
16th December 2009, 06:28 PM
I'll organise a game at Wantima during your stay Pom. At least you won't have far to travel.

Hux
16th December 2009, 07:20 PM
I'll be aiming for a Wed comp at Bribie Island in this period as well.

Maybe even the Wed between Xmas and NY if you are around.

Eag's
16th December 2009, 07:38 PM
I will be up for a mid week hit as well Roster permitting.

PeteyD
16th December 2009, 07:43 PM
If you want to travel you can come to Reddy Bay on a wednesday. THe course is not far from Carbrook.

Daves
16th December 2009, 08:13 PM
I'll be aiming for a Wed comp at Bribie Island in this period as well.

Maybe even the Wed between Xmas and NY if you are around.

I would be up for a game at Bribie on the 30th Huxter.

pom
16th December 2009, 08:50 PM
I would be up for a game at Bribie on the 30th Huxter.
Might just be up for that one too. Give me a couple of days to work it out. I arrive fairly early on the 29th so can probably work it.

pom
16th December 2009, 08:56 PM
Might just be up for that one too. Give me a couple of days to work it out. I arrive fairly early on the 29th so can probably work it.

I'll organise a game at Wantima during your stay Pom. At least you won't have far to travel.
Have a mate that wants me to join him for a Sunday comp at wantima. Could make up a group with him if thats OK. Or do you normally play midweek.?

I will be up for a mid week hit as well Roster permitting.

If you want to travel you can come to Reddy Bay on a wednesday. THe course is not far from Carbrook.
Already playing at Reddy with Daves, Petey D but thank you for the offer

If my roster allows for it, I would be keen for this too....

Guys , I am staying with my daughter & will need to sort things out with her before making any more arrangements re Golf .Already playing 8th January & maybe now the 30th Dec. Will sort out anymore after I arrive on the 29th. I am happy with the Offers & will probably take up most of them once I work out what else I am Supposed to be doing.

Hux
16th December 2009, 09:25 PM

Okay 30th of December

Bribie Island

1. Hux
2. Pom
3. Daves
4. Henno

Time will be suck it and see on the sheet when it comes out. Single tee during the break so we will have to fit in, but @ 10am time slot good for you guys?

Daves
16th December 2009, 09:27 PM
I can do pretty much any time thanks Hux.

pom
16th December 2009, 09:36 PM
10 sounds OK . Subject to OK from the Female side of the Family.
Yes I am scared of them.:smt087:smt087

Hux
16th December 2009, 09:50 PM
10 sounds OK . Subject to OK from the Female side of the Family.
Yes I am scared of them.:smt087:smt087

Wise man is alway wary....or scared :mrgreen:

So Dave should Henno you and I share a ride...my ute is out, but we can work something out?

Everyone happy to walk or what?

henno
16th December 2009, 09:55 PM
I don't mind walking, and my car and free fuel/tolls is always available.

Daves
16th December 2009, 09:56 PM
Shared ride sounds good. Happy to walk.

pom
16th December 2009, 09:58 PM
I gather you are all on the South side. I will be staying in Everton hills for he first week. Have the SILs work ute so transport is OK.

pom
17th December 2009, 05:50 PM
Wise man is alway wary....or scared :mrgreen:

So Dave should Henno you and I share a ride...my ute is out, but we can work something out?

Everyone happy to walk or what?
Got the leave pass so I am in. Happy to walk also. Are there any ball thieving crows at Bribie Golf Club?

Hux
17th December 2009, 05:59 PM
Got the leave pass so I am in. Happy to walk also. Are there any ball thieving crows at Bribie Golf Club?

Not so far. Not that many crows there in my experience - plenty of other native birds though...butchers are always in for a feed if you have a sambo accessible so don't leave anything edible laying around.

Hux
17th December 2009, 10:18 PM
Pom, Dave and Henno

PM you full name and Golf Link number. Apparently we have gone to electronic time sheet from next week so having looked at the system I need names and GL no to record the timeslot.

razaar
18th December 2009, 04:46 AM
Have a mate that wants me to join him for a Sunday comp at wantima. Could make up a group with him if thats OK. Or do you normally play midweek.?
Sunday is fine. Being a man of leisure I can play most days. Have been meaning to host an Ozgolf day at Wantima when the greens fully recover from the recent renovations. The best day is the Friday morning comp. which is really the only midweek comp at the club.:)

pom
18th December 2009, 09:53 PM
Seeing as I am staying so close more than 1 round at Wantima would probably be no Hardship & I have 2 fridays free at present. Will see what transpires when I arrive on the 29th .

Hux
22nd December 2009, 08:20 PM
Wed 30th, 9.51am gents. Bribie ISland GC

pom
30th December 2009, 07:51 PM
a big thank you to Hux for hosting me for a round at Bribie Island Golf club & also to Henno & Daves for their very good company on the day. The golf was indifferent but very much enjoyed trying to play the course.

Hux
30th December 2009, 08:41 PM
Great to catch up again Stu. Golf was mighty ordinary all around. Even off the front tees in todays comp Bribie demonstrated that you can't stray from the grass.
(And my whole swing has turned to crap so its even worse)

1. Daves 31pts
2. Pom 29pts
3. Henno 29pts
4. Hux 28pts

Choppa
12th May 2010, 08:51 PM
Included in 2010 POTY