PDA

View Full Version : cheap range finders

morgy
13th December 2009, 05:46 PM
Has anyone every used one of those really cheap range finders you can get on eBay?

The ones I am meaning range from about $20 - $60 and I think they are the non laser ones....

I just want something quick, cheap and easy that will be accurate to about 3 meters... what do you think?

e.g.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/BRAND-NEW-BUSHNELL-5-x-20mm-GOLF-SCOPE-RANGEFINDER_W0QQitemZ270499698811QQcmdZViewItemQQp tZAU_Golf_Accessories?hash=item3efb09d87b#ht_2624w t_958

Courty
13th December 2009, 05:56 PM
I've heard of these but had no experience with them. They basically work by having a gauge inside the viewfinder which you line up against the height of the flag, therefore giving you a rough distance to the flag (in theory, anyway).
I'm a little unsure of how you would go playing on different courses with different height flagsticks. There must be some way of calibrating it before a round, but I'm not willing to risk $50 to find out.

PeteyD
14th December 2009, 08:03 AM
they are based on the flagstick being a standard height. Good luck with it. I think I have one around here you can have for postage if I can find it.

GolfBallWhackerGuy
14th December 2009, 08:20 AM
I had one. Didnt think it was accurate - especially on cheap courses where the flag sticks are different sizes.